Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

pixaal posted:

Hey OP! A bunch of people are going to be making games that are more complete than this mess! Time limit is 14 days too! Making games is hard I know man.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279

Is it too late to ask the people running this to make "guillotines" the theme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Nothing the OP has posted indicates any sense of shame though.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

The real tragedy is that gamers have been waiting forever for an anime JRPG about the French Revolution with guillotines. We're never even going to get one without guillotines. Will we have to settle for a French Revolution game that's either not a JRPG or not anime as gently caress? Sad!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Golden Goat posted:

Also maybe you could just scrap the 3D side of stuff and just make a 2D game?

This seems like it would be the most rational course of action given what they actually have to work with.

Then again, this is Thermidor 1789: The Beginning. An anime-styled tactical Japanese RPG about the French Revolution, named after the traditional "end" of the Revolution, yet dated with the beginning, using two different calendar systems in its title. We ain't here for rational. :getin:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Kelp Me! posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't even notice that :vince:

they can't even get things right in the title of the game

I mean, we're retreading old ground here, but why name your game after one of the most famous guillotinings in history if there's no guillotines in your drat game??

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Golden Goat posted:

It'd be too violent for this game. For some reason.

Well then we're faced with the larger scale question of why make a game about one of the most famous processes of applied political violence in history if you don't want bloodshed?

eta: I'm using a very broad definition of "making a game" here obvs.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Kelp Me! posted:

guillotines: not cute

this is an outrage

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Honestly kinda seems like what they really want to do is a Les Miserables RPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I don't think so, which is a MAJOR drawback, but is more in line with their (misguided) policy on guillotines.

eta: Would be happy to learn that I'm wrong and that the role of Eponine could be played by a tsundere guillotine.

• Locked thread