Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Safetynet Tracking Badge is a right bastard or was until I finally got comfortable with having more than two peers on each XBus connection. ¥22/670

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

nielsm posted:

Sandwich maker was fun, but the Smart Grid Router is a bitch. Does anyone have hints for that, or suggestions for general approach? My current approach involves an MC4000X in front of every output, on a shared data bus but each has a separate bus I want to set high if it should handle the transmission. Fitting everything in is my hell.
I'm using two MC6000, one prefixing every packet with a routing key (>0, 0, <0) that the second MC6000 can dispatch on without requiring another XBus pin for the ID chip
e: can you fit all of your routing code into one MC6000? if so, something like this might work:

209! :sun:

Bonfire Lit fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 7, 2016

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

The three stages of SHENZHEN I/O solutions:

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

nielsm posted:

Okay Scaevolus please explain how you can get just 49 cycles on the Animated E-sports Sign

you can't spend any power at all on the click outputs
e: ok yeah I'm sure this isn't intended behavior because it breaks whenever I send any XBus data on a completely different connection

Bonfire Lit fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 10, 2016

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

MCs only have two simple inputs by default, so I need to use two of them to cover all of the input ports and another to consolidate the totals, and I run out of space pretty quickly in that case.
You have the DX300 I/O expander by now, it converts three simple I/O connections into an XBus connection (as long as the simple I/O only uses levels 0 and 100).

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Instead of 3 fixed test runs and 1 random test run, the game now runs 8 fixed test runs. We're still trying to figure out what needs to be done for verification, but hopefully this will at least be a little less... random.
actually it seems to me what it does now is run 4 fixed test runs and then crash

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

The 000-111 setup means that if I want to check for the presence of one type of coin, it's destructive - storing the I/O result in the acc then accessing the 1st/2nd/3rd digit overwrites acc, which means I lose the data and can't check for the other two coins.
The coin counter will only have at most one input high at any one time.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

I don't see the point of those two MC4000s on the left - you don't use p0/p1 on your upper MC6000, so why not connect the inputs to the 6000 directly?

e: I think you're assuming that you can only use the pins on the left of a MC for input, and the pins on the right for output. This is not the case; all pins are equal.
e2: no, you're using x1 on the output MC4000 for input, so that can't be it. Which brings us back to my original question, I suppose.

Bonfire Lit fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 14, 2016

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

ErIog posted:

I really don't like the way you can make an oscillator out of logic gates. It's probably intended
I'm not sure it is, considering that sending XBus messages or sometimes just using a completely separate MC breaks it.

Phssthpok posted:

I think he mentioned earlier in this thread that you can do the clicks with 0 power, using pure-logic oscillators. If you try running just the drinks with no clicks, you will get the same score. I'm not sure whether it still works with the recent changes.
It still works. You can also do the drinks in less than 40 with some more logic gates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

you should be able to skip the + teq 1 1 line, because it activates + lines if (and only if) + lines are already active.

• Locked thread