Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Well this is very weird. But I think I might end up enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't see her in the OP...

I thought I did, but my brain may have lied to me.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

the ED was playing in my head the entire time I was writing this post.

flip-flap, flip-flap~

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

So ep. 3 was a Mad Max theme, now we've got a horror theme. I dig it. Yayaka isn't even trying to be an antagonist this time, but until they tell us what the Coneheads' deal is we can't say which "team" is actually working for the bad guys. Maybe both? Or maybe it isn't even the point.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

nielsm posted:

But uh what happened to the ending of the previous episode? They got sucked into sun hole PI and then???

I feel like this is kind of the show's angle right now. Cocona hasn't really thought about what she's doing besides having adventures with her wacky cubbyhole girlfriend, so we don't get to see the big picture either. The show is telling us, it doesn't matter what the last episode was setting up, come have some more fun with these two idiots!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

They leaned on that orange and blue color scheme hard. But it worked really well!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Even when it's doing an introspective episode, this show is just... fun. I really like the imagery of the empty city too, I'm a sucker for stuff like that.

Also apparently the Coneheads don't think Yayaka is very good at this. It's a matter of perspective I guess. Makes it look like she's ready to switch sides.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Pavlov posted:

I'll be honest that was the weakest episode for me so far. This show's at its best when it's oozing creativity, and this one wasn't. Also all those papikas were really annoying.

Younger Sister Papika I'll give you, but Delinquent Pompadour Papika was pretty great.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Actually that thing about green hair senpai kind of felt like a hanging thread, I wonder if they're ever going to follow up on it.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I have to respect this show's commitment to just doing whatever the hell it wants.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Pretty intense episode this week. We all knew you couldn't actually do it, Yayaka.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

The void is important to this episodes themes - all fairy tale pretensions have fallen away today, and all we're left with is our heroines' complicated passions and conflicts.

There were also physical walls separating Papika and Cocona for most of the episode, which is I guess emphasizing the whole problem that the stingers have been hinting at and hopefully beginning to answer?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I was wondering about the hospital too. Though my thought was that Cocona had some sort of history of illness. (For no other reason than that being in the hospital can be a rather alienating experience and Cocona seems like a rather alienated person at the beginning of the show.)

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

That would make some sense, given that this whole thing apparently goes back further in time than the early episodes made it look.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

The coneheads also gave her the mission of "monitoring" Cocona, which is likely to be the entire reason she's stuck with them so long to begin with.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Zeruel posted:

Just started watching this, avoiding reading the entire thread just to post with my new avatar

And it's a good one!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Highlight of the episode is probably Hidaka seemingly enjoying every minute of this.

Also I can't believe Cocona loving exploded.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

It kinda goes from :3: to :ohdear: after episode 8 but Papika never stops being ridiculously chipper. Or, hasn't yet, anyway.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

loving wow. That's the closest I've ever loving seen.

You and the Colonel are apparently on the same wavelength. Have fun in Pure Illusion together.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Ranzear posted:

I'm in. Also, are post-credits scenes normal, or just the first episode?

They're not universal, but when they have them they're important (usually. Ep1's didn't seem to go anywhere) so keep an eye out.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Ranzear posted:

I'm liking Dr. Salt just for the 'sunglasses in the dark' shtick.

His vision is augmented.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

:( Flip Flappers without ~flip flap flip flap~ is hardly Flip Flappers at all!

Oh but at least Uexkull is okay.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't think that's even up for grabs at this point. They have the same voice, rough size, motivations, and if dead Klan leader isn't Salt's dad, who is clearly super evil and didn't seem to die at the end of the flashback, that seems like an odd hanging thread.

Top conehead's reactions to Mimi, uh, doing her thing are pointedly the same as those that Salt's dad shows after being in the machine. So yeah I don't see any other explanation.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Definitely one of the few shows to make me seriously consider that option.

Flipflapshiki

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Pavlov posted:

They still haven't made it clear why she's a young amnesiac though. As far as I can tell it's just "Magic happened because PLOT".

Yeah I was sort of expecting them to get around to that. Presumably that shoe will drop next episode.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

I like that the twins have come around in the last episode. With the older sister getting a truly awesome angry face at her brother getting hurt again and then telling the Hoodman to gently caress off.

I like how after his whole organization got mulched everybody is just totally ignoring that guy.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Gotta say I was not expecting the Uexkull/Yakaya pairing, but it does make a little sense. Buff Uexkull is still pretty great though.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

COCONA EAT THE CARROTS

• Locked thread