Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm curious to see if papika is some kind of clone or something and who the dead girl who was dressed like her at the beginning of ep1 was

Now that yayakas group has been introduced I'm assuming they had something to do with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Space Flower posted:

i figured they were testing for her partner, since you need two to flip flap. that's when she decided to bust out and go look for her compatible half

I thought of that but it seems like yayaka has been keeping tabs on cocona not just because they're friends but because she's (was up until the start of the show) potentially a magical girl so i figured if they could sense her out maybe they could do that with others and were killing them to keep flipflap from getting a team together

/readingwaytoomuchintoit.txt

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If they really are long time friends it doesn't seem that much of a stretch to assume she would rather just keep cocona out of it instead of killing her friend if possible

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mokinokaro posted:

And the fact they captured Papika at the end of episode 1 yet seemed to have let her go for whatever reason.

They're probably watching Flip Flap's progress and intercepting where needed like they did in episode 3.

Oh yeah i forgot about that they haven't explained that yet huh

Although that leads to asking why the leader guy acted as if he'd never seen papika before if they kidnapped her once already

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
No more hoverboard :(

That thing was awesome

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah i don't think portals have to be in any particular place, i mean, the bad guys have figured out how to make them on demand apparently with the grenade thingy

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

nielsm posted:

Why not? They may find it again in PI.

I hope so!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I just assume she's a normie secondary to give cocona some character development as the show progresses

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mokinokaro posted:

One thing i love is their transformed forms have them almost switching hair colors. It's a nice touch.

Yeah same

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There's been a couple times at least where flipflap base is showing data on screen that they're getting from bu and it can apparently detect fragments on some sort of radar

^^ yeah it obviously trails along with papika wherever she goes too

site fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Oct 30, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The first half was like a horror movie it was great. I'm really digging how this show is willing to be tonally different from episode to episode

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
My probably false guess about the mindset thing is that pure illusion feeds off cocona and/or papikas desire to be there, not just for the fragments but for themselves, and generates distractions for them to stay whereas (from what we've seen of them anyway) yayakas team doesn't seem to care for anything but getting a gem and bouncing as quickly as possible

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It adds to the mystery

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It couldn't have been totally on yayaka though since she recognized the loop but couldn't do anything about it until cocona broke the cycle. It was focused on cocona at least to a significant enough degree that she had to play a role in doing something.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Fangz posted:

I kinda actually disagree. Like if PI is set up to essentially defend the Amorphous from whoever first gets there, then it makes a lot of sense why the Flip Flappers have been having such trouble all this time, while the ... erm, Flap Flippers have been able to waltz in second and take the Amorphous.

You've got the hidden door that Papika can detect by smell, and the long tower climb under a timer that Henshin mode flight can bypass. This PI wasn't designed to stop the Flip Flappers.

Mmmm i dunno that it generates stuff based on first to enter specifically, but that's because we aren't shown timelines from yayakas perspective. Like, we don't know when yayaka entered mad max world all we know is that she was already there when papika woke up. Unfortunately this is compounded by the fact that they can see when flipflap enters pi so from the viewer's perspective it's impossible to establish whether she was already there or just followed them. And in this ep we also aren't shown how long yayaka or the twins had already been there so we have no way of knowing whether the ghost stepford girl things had any conforming effect on them at all :shrug: There's also the dust bunny ep where the gem is just pearched on a ledge that took papika just a few minutes to climb up and get, which seems pretty easy on the face of it, but then again if cocona hadn't been inside the chamber would it have still been up there? Who knows???

But to the points in para2, we are shown that yayakas team had found an alternate route to the clocktower before papika sniffed out the door, and likewise there's no reason to assume that yayakas team would've failed to get the fragment if they didn't have to stop and fight flipflap/direct drive just because the tower was tall.

Speculation is fun

site fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 4, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
She may be trying to blend in she warned cocona not to make a big scene when talking to her in the hallway because the ghosts were watching through the windows and she was hiding in the bar on mad max world wearing a cloak like the townsfolk did

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It is a very uncouth question to ask :v:

It's a good point though. That could be a "you don't get it, stupid" reaction but that's quite a stretch even for me

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I must admit i hadn't considered something like that since we only see her in the dark until the end

Actually i wouldn't have considered that at all tbh is that a thing with mind control in lots of anime?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Intriguing

I only ask cuz I'm pretty new to the anime game I'm not up on tropes and such

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Super No Vacancy posted:

Iunno about ~mind control~ but it definitely seems to be an attempt at communicating that yayaka was caught off guard by how committed to the uniform she was

Oooooooh, on her cheeks. I was misinterpreting that as in like her whole face was getting shaded darker or something? I dunno sorry my bad

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That does look like a pretty cool set