Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I loving love this show.

Curious to see how this whole thing with Iro pans out at Flip HQ. Seems like Cocona will have some questions at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

like, scoliosis?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i've been stirring the ol' brain soup for a day here, but uh...anyone have a clue what the nail clippers were about?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Keeping your fingernails trimmed is lesbian shorthand for 'there might be some sex going on soon', for hopefully obvious reasons.

i feel like that's common sense for any sexual encounter, really. is this actually a Specific Lesbian Thing? (i ask in the anime forum)

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i respect the dedication of writing separate robot transforming music, with vocals.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

alright, admittedly i was not expecting yayaka to have been with the coneheads since that young. expecting a reveal that she was the original (imperfect) amorphous baby.

aside from papika's description of cocona, this just felt like it was tying up things we'd already seen coming. which would be fine if it was as visually interesting as other episodes, but apart from the crystal prison it was a lot of nothing. hopefully we'll get more focus on awesome looking sequences now that we've got the cards on the table.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm worried that with things coming to a head so grandiosely we're going to be getting too much combat and exposition, not enough of the visuals and character stuff that made this show so interesting to start with. guess we'll see.

surprised to see cocona just now learning about her amorphous. thought there were a couple times (outside of a transformation sequence) where it was glowing, might pick up on that.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

well, guess my fears about the direction of the show after last episode were unwarranted.

i will say, i was a lot more interested in mimi until the last like, third of this episode. there's no way her insane, world-melding dedication to cocona doesn't end with cocona dramatically rejecting her and setting off the last big conflict.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

It's starting to feel a little rushed to me. Like, the bit with Mimi changing Papika's memory was cool, and it immediately gets reverted because the other girls yelled her name. Then Papika and Cocona each have their internal monologue, which reads like someone suddenly realized they needed to be together again before the episode ended.

Curious to see how Mimi's "split personality" is addressed. The abrupt appearance of Nice Mimi after we've only seen her other side in the present feels, again, like something that just had to happen to move the story forward.

I am glad they didn't have the grand wizard's hood fall off to make sure everyone understood he's Salt's dad.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I've got a dozen small questions/nitpicks about this episode, but I'll just stick with one: what's up with the scene of Papika in tree prison. Is this something that actually happened in the past, or am I supposed to read it as a figurative expression of their relationship? If it's the former, then I'm completely lost on the timeline.

Also, kind of neat

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if anyone else is wondering, I will also say "yes watch this show".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i hope the dub is not embarrassing.

• Locked thread