Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
qrE3Tlnqs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

The Colonel posted:

some yuri shows are plenty popular and even have pretty big lasting fanbases, symphogear is even going into its fourth and fifth seasons next year and pretty much everything in that show is about the relationships between the cast, many of which are heavily implied if not outright confirmed by people involved in the show to be romantic. having yuri subtext in a show isn't gonna win yuri on ice or osomatsu-san levels of popularity but it's not like it confines it to total failure

yeh but symphogear makes a silly amount of money from selling cds and associated merch. flip flappers is more of a passion project, get a bunch of very talented animators together with a very motivated director, try and make something special. from what i understand, it's not like this show costs especially more than a more commercial-facing show, and it is possible to do more with less

yuri on ice is also an auteur passion project, but it hit the jackpot with popularity

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i lit cant find flip flap merch in shops, only the ed cd

which i bought, its a cool song

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
im sorta glad they didnt chicken out on mimi's characterization, like any person, they have good and bad aspects. so her possessive nature is an inherent part of her, not some a foreign influence on her mind. in the absence of a stress factor this would be buried under her better qualities, but after being trapped in shifting dream world without any human interaction for over a decade, this part of her burst out

• Locked thread