Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Oh my gosh, this show is adorable. I've seen 3 episodes so far and I'm loving it. This really hits the "cute magical girls with crushes on each other going on adventures" note that I felt Izetta wasn't delivering on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
When I see Iro's obaachan in episode 6 I really can't help but see grandma Anthy. Which is probably perfect for this show

Edit: I caught up in this show! I hope all goes well for our cute gay heroes :kiddo:

Cephas fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 11, 2016

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!

Ranzear posted:

In six words or less, why should I watch this?

Flip flap flip flap

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!

Weird BIAS posted:

I actually have a feeling that the Mimi that is overprotecting Cocona and the Mimi that pushed her to reach for Papika are different. Like that the one Mimi is just a pure illusion of Mimi, of mom.

I think the controlling Mimi isn't just a Pure Illusion projection from Cocona. The way that the controlling Mimi behaves doesn't seem like something that would come from Cocona, but it does seem like it would come from the actual Mimi. Mimi spent her life in a stifling cage where she wasn't allowed to make any decisions for herself, and at a moment of crisis I think she mistakenly decided that control was the only thing that could keep Cocona safe and allowed that part of her to have a lot of power. So I think Cocona is learning about the difficult life her mother had and is seeing the sort of internal conflict it created in her.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!

GorfZaplen posted:

Hell, what happened to Iroha? Did she just become a normal girl and nobody thought about her again? That's bleak.

She'll show up in episode 13 at Cocona and Papika's wedding and gift them a cute landscape painting for their new apartment to show that she's channeling her artistic skills in a more positive way now.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
:kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: Cocona and Papika's relationship is a good life goal I think (hopefully without the reincarnation)

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
I'm pretty sure the butterflies were leading them out of dreamland, back to their normal world which has hoverboards, androids, green blobby rabbits, and shadowy organizations but more notably does not have second chances to make your past mistakes never happen, closed worlds where you can live in daydreams forever, or reality-bending powers to force people to become whatever you want them to.

That pure illusion city she woke up in was glum and drab, but the show is pretty overt about how she doesn't have to live in that sort of world because she has friends like Papika, Yayaka, and Iroha to add warmth, color, and adventure to her life.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
I don't know if this has been posted in this thread already or not, but if you're like me and were wondering why the heck Cocona's rabbit is named Uexkull and what kind of name that is anyway, here's your Wikipedia answer:

quote:

In the semiotic theories of Jakob von Uexküll and Thomas A. Sebeok, umwelt (plural: umwelten; from the German Umwelt meaning "environment" or "surroundings") is the "biological foundations that lie at the very epicenter of the study of both communication and signification in the human [and non-human] animal".[1] The term is usually translated as "self-centered world".[2] Uexküll theorised that organisms can have different umwelten, even though they share the same environment.

I think that clears things up pretty soundly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
Granted, it's been a while since I watched the show, but

Kytrarewn posted:

Yayaka seemed like the personification of the societal norms that Kokona was doing her best with which to conform.

This tweeny punk? The personification of societal norms?

• Locked thread