Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

You never guessed it: Papika transfers to Cocona's class!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

-My gut says that FF will turn out to be overtly malicious before the show is over...but it's totally possible that I'm wrong and they're just going to be mysterious and eccentric.

To me it sounded like crazy inventor/scientist believes he will genuinely do the world a massive favor by merging it with Pure Illusion, or something like that.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

site posted:

No more hoverboard :(

That thing was awesome

Why not? They may find it again in PI.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

What's the chance Bu's brain in Cocona's dad's, and Papika is a clone of her mom?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

But uh what happened to the ending of the previous episode? They got sucked into sun hole PI and then???

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The Colonel posted:

they flashed images of the world they visited for like two seconds

they went there and then yayaka beat them again

At end of previous or start of this episode? Where do I need to rewatch?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

This does feel a bit like the mid-season turn in Uta-Kata too, where it went from bright, vivid experiences to dark and dangerous trials.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

We did already have an indication that Pure Illusion can influence the real world - injuries that the girls sustain there carry over when they come back.

Bringing stuff in and back, be it items, your body, or memories, are different from stuff you do affecting someone who wasn't present. Rather, this shows that it's not just a gate to another planet or something like that, but rather that it really is some alternate plane of reality directly linked to people's emotions, history etc.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

Also apparently the Coneheads don't think Yayaka is very good at this. It's a matter of perspective I guess. Makes it look like she's ready to switch sides.

There was another particular thing just after that. Didn't they call the twins something akin to "amorphous children"? Pretty much confirming they are homunculi or similar.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Space Flower posted:

so can someone experienced in lesbian manicuring tell me why sayuri got upset and scrubbed papika's nails last week when she learned they were oil-based

I understood it as, she had used artist's oil paint, and not actual nail polish.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Blue-haired amorphous child

Apparently her name is Nyunyu, she calls herself "Nyu" in the few lines before the OP this episode, though CR just translates it to "I". The credits lists Nyunyu next to Toto and Yuyu too.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I want Papikas hoverboard. That would be good merch.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Serious question: Does Dr Salt drink Dr Pepper?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Paperhouse posted:

Why don't they just make shows in advance and not literally while they're already airing :confused:

Presumably so the advertising and merchandise еее can begin rolling in earlier in the production committee's lifetime, to limit outstanding debt or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Didn't follow this show - did it turn out good?

Yes.

• Locked thread