Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I guess it's fanservice but it's also clearly supposed to be cocona working her way through her feelings for papika using romantic stereotypes because that's how young people form preconceptions about love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
for real though pavlov there are like a half dozen other magical girl shows this season maybe you go and watch them if you're upset about the one that wants to really get into young lesbian sexuality

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bike punk papika was my absolute favorite

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
this show is really good and I find it shocking that anyone can think it's going downhill

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Colonel posted:

actually nobody makes anime targeted at you cause you're lame *rides hoverboard out of thread with two gay best buds while wearing sunglasses and giving the flips up*

drat, dude got lucky you didn't give 'im the flaps too

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Colonel posted:

i have the ultimate plan to protect my daughter, and all it requires is my best friend being reborn into a child to become my daughter's ultimate wife

look you come up with some wild ideas when you can literally make dreams real

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Pavlov posted:

Well, so much for that anti-escapist message I thought it was going for. For a moment I thought it was going to do something interesting at the end there, but nope, just a troll (pretty good troll tho).

I dunno what do say. I was kind of expecting the show to try and say something with it's finale, but it was just action scenes, tieing up the needlessly convoluted plot, and standard feelgood stuff. Ah well.

That was probably the best part of the episode yeah. But if it was going for an accepting reality shtick, it wouldn't have ended with them flying off to dreamland with giant butterflies.

they were returning to reality

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
pavlov this anime was very clearly not what you wanted from jumpstreet and I have no idea why you kept showing up to gripe about it until the very end but thank you for your time I guess

I mean at least you thought it was pretty, and you're right

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Flip Flapper's ability to underline its tone by piling on symbolism in very natural and understated ways is probably the most special thing about it, besides how straight up lovely it all looks. Not that it isn't afraid to bring it to the forefront either, but that's what makes it all come together. Of course a world made of dreams and minds would be full of that kind of poo poo.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 30, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://twitter.com/Parmetan/status/814892520190648321

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Colonel posted:

to be honest, i've kind of had trouble deciding what i think about this show ever since episode 8

but i've finally decided: it's extremely gay, and also good, and i'm proud to be the op of the thread and i hope cocona and papika live together and go on adventures together happily and also yayaka gets to hang out with them and pet uexkull while salt stands off in the background looking cool

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Colonel posted:

i hope yayaka screams "gently caress YOU" every ten seconds

same

• Locked thread