Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Erg posted:

I took it as she can't stand the smell of all the manufactured drugs in there

That's how I took it, too, but I wouldn't be surprised if Yayaka was the villain in the sense of being the one trying to force Cocona into societally-approved behaviors rather than obeying the desires of her body like Papika, which seems to be a major subplot (The whole: "My teeth are itching, my body demands that I chew on this thing to wear them down, but it's not appropriate behavior" thing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Pollyanna posted:

I feel a little bad for Yayaka and I hope she finds happiness.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yayaka is very good, and in the unlikely event that this ever gets any sort of followup I hope it focuses on her.

One thing you probably noticed to some degree is that the tone of the show shifted dramatically, about halfway through, when the screenwriter jumped ship. Yayaka's redemption occurred relatively late in the show, as well.

I'm a little bit conflicted about this. On the one hand, the show we got is the show we got, and there's no source material against which to compare it. On the other... was Yayaka really a redeemable character from the start? Up until episode 7 or whatever, Yayaka seemed like the personification of the societal norms that Kokona was doing her best with which to conform. After that, she became a jealous little girl with a crush on Kokona who was also involved in {anime plot bullshit}"

So... which is the true Yayaka? Which is the good Yayaka?

She's probably the most interesting character to compare across both versions of the show.

• Locked thread