Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

There should be an IBO thread style rule where you can't mention Gainax or compare it to Gainax anime, especially because all of them brought up so far are completely crazy comparisons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is there like, an aspect of that question you would like more elaboration on or like what? That the show feels like Doctor Who to me is good, I feel like that is straight forward enough to understand. Have you not seen Doctor Who? What context would you like?

*Fart noises*

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

What happened when they were kidnapped by robots. Why is nobody saying anything about that!?!?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Space Flower posted:

wasn't that just yayaka's org. taking their crystals again?

They still had the crystal in the next ep, didn't they?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I thought it was hosed up how science guy said the other kids were built and how the magical girl mode is a "plugin"

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This episode cut super, super deep for me. This show is so good, I hope the new writer can keep it up.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

for an episode ostensibly about strengthening the cocona/papika relationship, i care way more about yayaka/cocona now. guess i've got 3 eps to get over that.

Papika's going to get back together with Mimi and everything will okay

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Yayaka did nothing wrong

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It was super badass when the twins calmly explained a bunch of the mysteries of the show

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think the staff forgot they put her in the op until the last second

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It' been a few episodes so I forget, did they ever explain who that guy with the laptop was

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

That's what I'd guess too, but why would Salt go incognito like that? It doesn't really add up

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm still not totally satisfied with the direction the show has gone, but each episode since the shift has been better than the last so the finale should be really really good.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I went back to episode 7 to look again at the laptop guy and it must be Salt, it takes place in the same flower covered island that was in this episode

Salt's just really, really bad at going incognito I guess.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This has been bugging me, if he's a researcher there how could he not know that she was pregnant

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's kind of hidden a blink-and-you'll-miss-it line, but when Papikana and Mimi ran away after trying to convince Salt to come with, it apparently took the spooks a full year to recapture them. Presumably Mimi got pregnant shortly before running, then had Cocona while she and Papikana were on the run. But yeah, they could have established it better.

Okay that makes sense

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

New Year's Eve is usually when shows get shuffled around for all the new year specials

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This episode was very good but I still don't like the writing. When did Yayaka become the foul mouthed friend all of the sudden. Also I think the stuff Mimi says is too on the nose

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'd attribute that to the one describing her as such being Cocona's smothering and overprotective mother.

I wouldn't have really seen her say "Screw you" in the first half of the show

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The girl whose psyche was represented by a spooky early 20th century all girls school is now a hot blooded scrapper, because the power of choice or something.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I have other reservatios but I'll wait to see what the finale brings. Excellent animation and visuals this episode, even if at times you could see the production straining sometimes. It took until the penultimate episode for it to be noticeable at all and only in one or two shots so that's a win in my book

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

A big flaming stink posted:

Yayaka is totally foulmouthed all the time, its just that being foulmouthed in japanese is simply speaking tersely in a sharp tone.

Alright,, fair

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If you need the Elpis box to enter an individual's psyche, how were they able to go into Iroha?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Hell, what happened to Iroha? Did she just become a normal girl and nobody thought about her again? That's bleak.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

My impression was that Elpis doesn't let you go into individuals, it just ensures that you enter a part of Pure Illusion close to the gate belonging to the person in the box. There's theoretically no reason you couldn't just find people's gates without Elpis just through luck of the draw. And, yeah, Iro is presumably exactly how we left her. Which, honestly, is probably for the best. Now that P&C know what happens when they interact with things beyond the gate, they should probably consider that they don't entirely have the right to just rewrite people's psyche on a whim.

I'm sure it's that, and not that the writing is poop.

Cephas posted:

She'll show up in episode 13 at Cocona and Papika's wedding and gift them a cute landscape painting for their new apartment to show that she's channeling her artistic skills in a more positive way now.

I hope so

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

flipped the last flap. Heck, it was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm smoking that "it's a flashy work."

• Locked thread