Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Good episode. I was really annoyed with Papika's refusal to take no for an answer at the beginning, but she actually ended up apologizing for it, so she's probably not going to be a super-annoying character in the future.

This part of Pure Illusion was a lot trippier than the part they visited in the first episode. I love the bizarre dream logic of those segments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm actually a little confused and not sure how/where people got on board with the show being explicitly Yuri as early as they do; is it from the Director being upfront or is there something I missed in episodes 1-3? I don't doubt its there but it seems like it was super obvious to everyone and it wasn't to me.

Someone involved with the show was asked if the yuri subtext was intentional around the time episodes 1-3 aired and said yes. That doesn't necessarily mean that the show itself will make it explicit, of course, but it does make it hard to say "They're just good friends, really!"

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

thechosenone posted:

Would be lovely to have shows with homosexual romance that can exist somewhere between 'tease until the very last moment, and chicken out' and 'beat you over the head to death with it, until you get kind of sick of it'.

From the New World technically fits. Not necessarily a very sensitive portrayal of homosexuality (I say this as someone who likes the show), but it's completely unambiguous about the main characters being bisexual without it being the main plotline.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

whats elevens mean

Japanese people. It's a Code Geass reference.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Namtab posted:

I don't believe you

I don't believe it either. If it wasn't popular there wouldn't be so much of it (at least if you define it to include subtext).

• Locked thread