Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

all the teases of an overarching plot in ep1 were good, so i hope it spins those into something good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the transformations looked like standard magical girl to me. the sexual imagery i can understand giving people pause, if only because fixating on cocona's inner thigh doesn't seem to do much thematically or for the story. whereas the gagged women and rabbit stuff at least seem to be exploring an idea of sexual awakening and the relationship between cocona and papika.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean, putting the gem on Cocona's thigh has thus far given two separate characters, both of whom Cocona seemed to be attracted to (Papika in Episode 2, Evil Bondage Queen in 3), reason to reach between her legs, which certainly plays into the sexual tension/awakening thing the show seemed to be starting up in those episodes. We can certainly argue whether it's necessary, and the show could very easily fumble that theme hard, but I wouldn't say it exists solely for titillation.

i don't feel like anything about the scene where the villain went for her thigh seemed particularly wanted by cocona, and you also have the robot grabbing for it in ep1 (yeah that's foreshadowing, but still). i'm not particularly invested in defending or decrying the scenes, but it's the one questionable bit i can definitely see where people are coming from.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i also wouldn't be surprised if bu's brain is from someone important or at least in some way related to the story going forward

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

very low, hopefully

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

for an episode ostensibly about strengthening the cocona/papika relationship, i care way more about yayaka/cocona now. guess i've got 3 eps to get over that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

merch is the lifeblood of the industry

• Locked thread