Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
This is all well and good and I love this show but

when do the girls kiss please

e: the bite doesn't count until Cocona bites Papika back. Mutual bitey-bites only.

Xinder fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
papika is very cute and her giant mouth adds to that.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Every episode has gone for a different theme and this one went for action and nailed it. To complain that it felt like a generic action anime means it did exactly what it was going for. To assume it'll keep up this theme when it dropped the last two after a single episode is silly, though.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Spiritus Nox posted:

Fair enough - this would also be a suitable explanation for how Cocona already had a fragment. Papika being the literal dream girl would be very :3:

As wonderful a concept as that is, I worry that if true it could lead to a very depressing ending.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
It worries me how Papika seems to be great at everything Cocona isn't good at. It really is giving more credence to the dream girl theory.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is there like, an aspect of that question you would like more elaboration on or like what? That the show feels like Doctor Who to me is good, I feel like that is straight forward enough to understand. Have you not seen Doctor Who? What context would you like?

Papika is a quirky character kind of like the Doctor? That's an extremely huge stretch, but that's all I can imagine you're talking about because I see no other similarities.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

GorfZaplen posted:

I thought it was hosed up how science guy said the other kids were built and how the magical girl mode is a "plugin"

I like science guy because he provides a very different view of things that we will probably never see much more of. The girls don't care to understand what he's talking about, so they're not going to ask, so we're not going to learn.

I wish he'd get a name already.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
That was a very depressing episode that hosed me up a good bit.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
it's kind of hard to tell. papika does a lot of weird movements, but it looks like her back is generally pretty straight.

why do you ask?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Thursday morning at 9 EST

I sometimes watch them right after they release.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
yeah but her mentality is totally different so there's no way she'll ever do gay things like cocona and papika.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Ranzear posted:

It's certainly a different flavor from Madoka.

Episode 78? I might have numbered the last ones wrong.

Now entering Kevin Flynn. Enjoy your stay!

I'm trying to come up with a pun for a burly pigeon but I'm coming up short.

Goddamit. I know that voice. I think it's Teru from Mob Psycho but I can't find the character anywhere.

ᴀ ᴇ s ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ᴛ ɪ ᴄ

It should be obvious!

GATTAI

This entire series was worth that moment.

Boop.

Oooooh, that's who we incepted this time. Duh.

And yeah, I saw there's a post-credits on this one. Yikes.

Episode 9 is recent enough that I'm gonna just watch and then go back through the thread now. The Brobot and Brobun PV at the end was super informative though.

Episode 10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed5Bh_DbHPU

Hah! Someone did name them!

actually the different names are in the credits. if you'll notice Papika's VA is listed a bunch in that episode.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i want you to enter the robot time

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
That's a good interview.

If the show hadn't already won me over, this interview confirmed for me that Oshiyama is a name I should look for and trust in future anime.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
http://tiii13.tumblr.com/ good flip flap drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
https://twitter.com/relaxed75/status/830463072586256386

• Locked thread