Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I'm surprised so many people disliked episode 3! I really dug it, definitely cemented my fondness for the show. It was such a fond pastiche of magical girl and action anime + mad max-esque desert chicanery! The first two episodes had stronger creativity in scenery and animation, but there was a lot I enjoyed in this one.

The only thing I'm hesitant about is the villain organization. They felt a bit cliche, but I don't know if that's just the presentation of the episode or what. I'm definitely going to stick around for more of this, in any case.

edit: i just remembered the robot friend going all grabby at the gagged women. that was bad. i didn't mind the transformation sequences or most of the other stuff but i disliked the robot friend doing that a lot. it wasn't good and it didn't make me laugh. not relatable, 0/5 for the robot friend.

A Tin Of Beans fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

New episode was fun, as close to a breather as I expect to get from this show. Wouldn't say we really learned a whole lot in terms of concrete stuff, but I think the show definitely needed an episode like this establishing some chemistry between Cocona and Papika under normal(ish) circumstances, and it pulled it off very well.

Agreed. I thought the episode was nice for its character work, and we still got some neat visuals with Papika's house thing even though it was mostly (I think) in the real world (?).

What was up with the end of this episode, though? So far we've always seen them enter PI through extant holes. This time we get ... uh ... a hole in the sky?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

site posted:

Yeah i don't think portals have to be in any particular place, i mean, the bad guys have figured out how to make them on demand apparently with the grenade thingy

This is fair

I think my main reason for wondering is ... an eclipse usually has a lot of symbolic importance in fiction, also the non-literal thing, but yeah I'm probably just overthinking it and confused over nothin'.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I fell off watching this show mid-season just because I got so busy, but I caught up with it all the other day, and man, this show ended well and gay. I'm going to have to give it a rewatch soon.

Is there any good merch out there that anyone's seen?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

the ED is so so good, to look at, and have stuck in your head. flip flap, flip flap ...

• Locked thread