Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Parallax posted:

I hope most of this show is just little adventures in strange settings with bare amounts of plot

it seems like different excursions into Pure Illusion will be themed after fairy tales? since this time was Hansel and Gretel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hm. Was it? Aside from Cocona leaving a trail of candy for all of 30 seconds I don't see the connection.

Flip Flappers drawing from the story is also a big possibility. I just thought that the different settings we see could've been from different inspirations.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Ban anyone who didn't watch the whole ED to have noticed the post-credits, imo

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/binobinobi/status/784795128900706304

I appreciate this straightforward reply.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Cocona's study time is going to suffer :ohdear:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Isn't the advice pretty pragmatic, though? The lab put an anklet on Papika to hold one of the fragments, and the this episode confirms that they're the key to the transformations; Papika's fragment glowed this episode, so presumably when Cocona had it last time it was in her skirt pocket.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

it was more the way it was delivered, really

Well, an rear end in a top hat with shaggy hair who begrudgingly grows a heart, is always good.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Dennou Coil with yuri... oh wait.

Also, I feel like Cocona's glasses could be a memento from her parents?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Fangz posted:

Well, I think it's important to note that it's something she wears. It's not just a keepsake she carries with her, but something that specifically does nothing.

I saw the episodes. Wasn't saying your thoughts were mutually exclusive from mine.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Xinder posted:

e: the bite doesn't count until Cocona bites Papika back. Mutual bitey-bites only.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
lotta interesting reveal moments this week. It really was in her thigh!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It's Oshiyama, actually.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Futaba Anzu posted:

i like how the episode didn't resolve one of the bigger revelations revealed in that Cocona really wants to beat Papika up deep down inside

they vented by fighting each other and then transformed and kicked some rear end and made up. that's conclusion

https://u.pomf.is/cjegnw.webm

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
First post for "the sky in Flip Flappers is blue"

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

site posted:

I'm curious to see if papika is some kind of clone or something and who the dead girl who was dressed like her at the beginning of ep1 was

i figured they were testing for her partner, since you need two to flip flap. that's when she decided to bust out and go look for her compatible half

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

do not eat flipflap

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

i dunno about japanese architecturing to know if this is coincidence or not. but nice synchro episode

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
nerv hq is mostly comprised of those tiled walls, yea

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Mokinokaro posted:

The odd thing about Yayaka's question is that she didn't seem to care THAT much about the answer and she was surprisingly open about telling them things. Really does make me question if "world domination" should be taken at face value.

It's an odd answer, but her motives seem heartfelt and she's Yayaka's friend who wanted them to join.

will the asclepius leader be art senpai or grandma

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
The superwholockiflipflaps fan base grows stronger

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

GorfZaplen posted:

What happened when they were kidnapped by robots. Why is nobody saying anything about that!?!?

wasn't that just yayaka's org. taking their crystals again?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
G̸͐̉̆ͯ͑̎̅̓͒͗̾̔ͨͪ̂͋ͫ҉̴̛̩̞̬̰̤͖̙̣̼̻̥͍̥̘͈̜̟̺͞ò̡̘̬̗̜̹͎̣̤̙̘̼͇̱̙̗̞̗̤̀ͣ̀̅ͪ̒ͮ̍̏̈́͐̑ͯ̈͜͞k̴̴̳͎̩͙̍̑ͤ̊ͫͭ͑͂̊͋ĭ͑̉̄͆͏͉̼͉͔̬̥̫͇͕͍̥̗͚̕ͅg̴̢̠͖̺̼̣̦̯̗͍̦̯̠͗̆̊̅̍̍ͧ̓̅̀́͘e̞̰̻̲̤͍̖̺͖͖͉̼̩̫̙̐ͭ͗ͯ́̋̂̊ͯ͂ͧͨ̇̏͗ͧ̚͞n̶ͭ̾̄̈́ͩ́͟͞҉̪̲̖͍̹̣y̅̉͒́̉͌͑ͬ̾̓̇̀͌̀͜҉̨͓̹̠̀o̷̧͍̙̥͚̖̦̮͕͔͍̦̙̲͇͖ͣ͗̄̐ͭ̽͛͆̾͊ͭ̏ͪ́̆̓͛͒̈́̀u̍͛̊̌ͪ͗ͣͭͬ͋̚͢͠҉̴̣̪̻͚̭̰̥͕̼͜

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

yayaka chillin in the back?

if you missed the sexual imagery this week, think about how Class S came about and why the twelfth hour never arrives in this world. now look at the clock tower that's been locked away.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Cocona, I'm already dokidoki

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XDWVjJ0TQQ

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 10, 2016

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/ninaryo/status/797097167970181120

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Super No Vacancy posted:

the score when cocona and papika went to see auntie together at the end was very familiar did anybody else recognize anything there

i dunno, does it sound like another song to you? I know the song that comes with FLIP FLAP FLIP FLAP's single, Over the Rainbow, is arranged and used in the series (ep 1 when theyre playing in the snow) and in the web preview for episode 6, so there'd be precedent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ommszWkE40M
which, by the way, you should totally listen to.
It's sung by Cocona and Papika and it's quite sweet. Someone did their rough translation of the lyrics already.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
random cool thing: papika has a figure coming from medicos. their figures range anywhere from middling to 30k-yen ridiculously detailed.

random sad thing: screenwriter Ayana Yuniko, who has been credited with composition and screenwriting thus far, tweeted that she's only involved with the first half of the show. She says from here on she's watching as a fellow viewer. I dunno if something happened to her or what since apparently she was dropped from Flip Flappers and KinMoza Pretty Days at the same time back in January.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, you couldn't really see anything scandalous and I felt like it was handled in pretty platonic (or, y'know, familial) terms. The henshin sequences are way more risque all by themselves.

The only thing I thought was really egregious about this episode was Cocona's joke vision of hell when Yayaka was messing with her about what that gate was.

they had the freakin triangles that were too far for English disgaea.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
http://imgur.com/a/NvGqV#QPcKh8v

locations from the ep.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
so can someone experienced in lesbian manicuring tell me why sayuri got upset and scrubbed papika's nails last week when she learned they were oil-based

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
there's no evidence that it's not more abstract with that, especially considering how the PI reflects and influences sayuri and hidaka's relationship. There's interesting details like how she's annoyed with hidaka and how cramped his lab is, and then in the PI papilka/cocona are too big for the tiny lab. she also uses different honorifics for him before and after the latest PI

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
8 and 9 were broadcast at an event a week back and elevens were saying things like "i feel like i watched the incarnation of yuri," and "yayaka's our girl!"

so i'm excited. hopefully yayaka finally embraces her flip flapping

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

dogsicle posted:

for an episode ostensibly about strengthening the cocona/papika relationship, i care way more about yayaka/cocona now. guess they've got 3 eps to confirm that

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
is that a boss rush

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Cephas posted:

I don't know if this has been posted in this thread already or not, but if you're like me and were wondering why the heck Cocona's rabbit is named Uexkull and what kind of name that is anyway, here's your Wikipedia answer:

I think that clears things up pretty soundly.

Mr. H...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

• Locked thread