Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I just started watching this series this week thanks to the Magical Girl Thread. I'm just finished episode 5 and :stare: . Episodes 1-3 were pretty fun and floaty but things are suddenly getting confusing and dark. The school with the loop is nightmare inducing and the whole thing with the Aunt is haunting. But I still really like the series and am curious where this goes. So many questions, I hope they get answered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

a kitten posted:

qrE3Tlnqs

At first I had the volume really low so I read that and got confused on what they were translating. I upped the volume and then immediately set it back down. Some terrifying noise I don't need.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I powered through the rest of the episodes last night and stuff got dark quick. I felt like Cocona at times going "I didn't know about this?! Why is this happenening?". Overall very good but felt rushed at the end. I'm glad it had a happy ending for Cocona and Papika; even Yayaya got a happy ending. :3:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I watched the last episode again last night because the first time I saw it I was half asleep. There are a few things that I'm not sure about with the episode. Was Papika trapped in limbo after getting Cocona from Mimi? If so how did she get there and where did Cocona go? Her hair seems much longer when she's naked and unconscious on the floor as compared to when Mimi vanishes. How was Cocona able to find Papika years later? Is this part of her "dreams" that she's had growing up? It seems like when she dreams she either ports over or mentally ports over to the Pure Illusion Limbo world. And it seems like Cocona never really learns who her father is as no one ever really states it to her; not that it matters as Salt is almost as bad a dad as Gendo.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Spiritus Nox posted:

The answer to a lot of those questions is "eh, who cares, the show's much more interested in Cocona's emotional journey than the precise mechanics of any of the magic involved," but here's my read:

-Papikana dives into Pure Illusion after Mimi, who promptly shatters into itty bits, leaving Papikana and baby Cocona stranded in Pure Illusion.
-Papikana is de-aged and for all practical purposes reincarnated as Papika during her sleep in limbo.
-Cocona is either rescued or simply magics herself back to reality sooner than later. Either way she ends up in the hands of Asclepius.
-A young, but no-longer infant Cocona meets and befriends Papika in her dreams - travelling to Pure Illusion in her sleep the same way she did when she was having her occasional visions of Mimi throughout the series.
-Papika resurfaces at some point. This is the iffiest question, but I like to imagine that Salt continued working with Asclepius a while longer after the disaster that destroyed the lab, was involved with whatever process drew Papika back into reality, and promptly escaped with her to found FlipFlap and try and prevent Asclepius from recovering the fragments.

That makes sense. Its about what I was assuming. And you're right the last bit is the most up in the air. I really did enjoy Cocona's excellent adventures into her psyche and emotions. Ultimately she comes out a much stronger individual and its an all around happy ending for everyone. :3:

• Locked thread