Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

Guesses for who dies tomorrow GO

Glenn and abraham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
At this point I don't care who dies, I just want to know if they'll seriously have the dipshit idea of having the episode be a 40 minute flashback that only makes the reveal at the very end.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Rick watches Negan bash Glenn's head in, and then realizes he was just imagining it. Negan then is about to really swing, and Strand walks up and shoots Negan in the face.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't wait for the return of The Talking Dead

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'd love it if they went for something surreal and Monty Python-esque. Scene picks up where it left off with Negan bashing down on the POV. Next shot is of a smashed up TV camera on the floor and a cameraman standing there all exasperated like what you do that for Jeff? Those are expensive.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Glen and Abe will get bashed. Rick will be all pissed and try to come at Negan, but he'll probably grab Carl or something and then Rick will finally submit.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Not toxxing on it though, I'm usually wrong about everything.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Glenn and Abe with a side of a Darryl fake out for the Tumblr users

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The preview makes it seem like they're doing a cutting-off-Rick's-right-hand fakeout too.

Having the apocalypse be more real on the show, in terms of vehicle breakdown, a transition back to foraging and farming, survivors having to make their own tools and weapons, would make all these bizarre pseudocivilizations like Negan dude's, the wolves, and Tiger Haile Selassie seem less weird and out-of-left field. The world presented is still immediately post-collapse, with fresh supplies for the taking, but everyone's gone batshit like it's been a while.

It seems dumb that no one in the group has tried their hand at making a weapon, like a bigass halberd or spear seems pretty well within Daryl's capabilities and they would be great for zombie fighting. Even just putting a machete on the end of a solid stick.

I don't want Tactical Realism but since one of the supposed themes of the show is "after the apocalypse", I'd like to see it explored more. Like maybe Rick's group can win a safe niche for themselves as the only capable bullet producers. Maybe fuel is rarer than gold, but silk-road style caravans bring it in from time-time from some fortified refinery in North Dakota. Maybe west texan cowboys go far and wide on horseback at the head of cattle herds, trading salt beef and new homesoun cotton clothing. Maybe some floridian Herschel/Strand pair make a killing sailing fruits and sugar up north during the winter. Peaceful communities start writing books and plays and swapping them. Lin-Manuel Miranda survives by being so dope at freestyle that even the worst villains prefer to keep around as some kind of bard. An NYC gang with a good-guy streak lives on an amish farming village, the gangsters trading protection for food.

There could just be a lot more interesting scenarios besides all these murder communes.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'd like a plot arc where they search out and raid places like schools and libraries looking for books on agriculture, medicine, animal husbandry, engineering, architecture, science, electronics, civics and the like. Stuff they're going to need to re-learn in order to rebuild a society. I'm guessing that's all coming in later seasons, they're still in "the fall" stage of the narrative right now, but they shouldn't have dragged out their first act for 7-8 years...

It's like none of them ever played civ.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

moist turtleneck posted:

Guesses for who dies tomorrow GO

The rating for any show going against it as millions of people who claim they would never watch again after the finale tune in.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Shneak posted:

The rating for any show going against it as millions of people who claim they would never watch again after the finale tune in.

I bet Sepinwall watches it. Wonder if he'll have the balls to put up a review though.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

vintagepurple posted:

The preview makes it seem like they're doing a cutting-off-Rick's-right-hand fakeout too.

They had a chance to do that already but they realized that then the show would have too many characters with a cut off hand. Not to mention that medical brace was the dumbest poo poo ever. Do you really not have to have a hand to use that? Why didn't everyone get one for killing zombies?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The spoilers for the premiere are out there and they're being freely posted here so are we bothering with tags or are we all past the point of caring?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I suppose we can post about them in spoiler tags. I wanna hear the spoilers at least and mock anyone who was wrong!

Reivur
Nov 9, 2013
I'm so confused. I remember midway through the Season there were a lot of people actually really pumped/happy with how the show was doing-- marveling about mostly improvements with the only points of contention being people complaining about them bringing their only real Doctor/Denise out and that being absurdly stupid, and quite a few complaints about where Carol's development was going, and the occasional rare complaint of Sasha & Abe. The only true universal outrage was that horrible ending. And yeah, that ending definitely deflated all the build-up, if there was any build-up at all.

But now the first few pages of this is a universal "woot hate its out of ideas like always lol how dis poo poo still on" by some of the same people who were giving it fellatio months ago. I get the finale deflated the season significantly but wut? @ some of the ret-cons of how people were treating the season/show.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

If my favorite character and his incredible catchphrases get killed off I'm gonna be mighty pissed.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
I've been hate watching since season 2 and I think a lot of us are like this, continuing to persevere despite our love for the show dying long ago

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

moist turtleneck posted:

I've been hate watching since season 2 and I think a lot of us are like this, continuing to persevere despite our love for the show dying long ago

I'd say I'm at 50-50 between hatewatch and genuine interest. It's got some of the laziest writing on TV but there's some serious craft going on behind the camera sometimes.

Only sometimes though, more often than not that "Serious craft" goes way up its own rear end trying to be artistic

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
Was this season's trailer supposed to be artistic or did they let the intern cut it?

Reivur
Nov 9, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

Was this season's trailer supposed to be artistic or did they let the intern cut it?

To be fair I think the trailer was destined to suck the moment they made showing anyone at all a potential spoiler. Kind of a dead-end/gently caress-up there.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I watch because I'm unhappy, and I'm unhappy because I watch.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Reivur posted:

But now the first few pages of this is a universal "woot hate its out of ideas like always lol how dis poo poo still on" by some of the same people who were giving it fellatio months ago. I get the finale deflated the season significantly but wut? @ some of the ret-cons of how people were treating the season/show.

i just really enjoy grudgewatching this show, it's gonna take more than one okay half-season to turn around this supertanker of whining that is myself

upcoming season is promising tho, with lots of absurd poo poo that might happen + trevor phillips of gta5 fame

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Reivur posted:

I'm so confused. I remember midway through the Season there were a lot of people actually really pumped/happy with how the show was doing-- marveling about mostly improvements with the only points of contention being people complaining about them bringing their only real Doctor/Denise out and that being absurdly stupid, and quite a few complaints about where Carol's development was going, and the occasional rare complaint of Sasha & Abe. The only true universal outrage was that horrible ending. And yeah, that ending definitely deflated all the build-up, if there was any build-up at all.

I distinctly remember the end of the thread/season, the finale was bad which made everyone pissed and then that abrupt ending was the death blow. The midseason finale being completely dumb plus its own really bad ending left a lot of people antsy about the rest of the season already, so yeah, season 6 having both of those stupid things is what it's going to be remembered for, whether it's deserved or not (it absolutely is because honestly, only one of those being bad could maybe get a pass if we're being generous but lol gently caress out of here with both of those cliffhangers)

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm rewatching season 5 and it's not great but Tyreese huddled under that table bleeding out and the weird radio poo poo happening is probably the most touching death for me. RIP Tyreese, you were too good for these assholes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Chris James 2 posted:

I distinctly remember the end of the thread/season, the finale was bad which made everyone pissed and then that abrupt ending was the death blow. The midseason finale being completely dumb plus its own really bad ending left a lot of people antsy about the rest of the season already, so yeah, season 6 having both of those stupid things is what it's going to be remembered for, whether it's deserved or not (it absolutely is because honestly, only one of those being bad could maybe get a pass if we're being generous but lol gently caress out of here with both of those cliffhangers)
The season finale didn't need to be extra long for the buildup to that cliffhanger.

The episode before that they did a dumb fake out with Darryl getting shot and awful CGI blood spatter.

Carol's stuff was also disappointing beyond that episode where she and Maggie get captured and she takes out all of those women.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Favorite zombies! I don't think the show can let me down, unless we go back to the police station hospital from season 5.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

This video just showed up filmed on a lovely camera (possibly the actual spoiler, but probably not)

of Maggie getting her head bashed in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enqPF76qUOc

But according to the crew they filmed everybody getting killed, so who knows?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Favorite zombies! I don't think the show can let me down, unless we go back to the police station hospital from season 5.

I didn't mind that bit because the dense urban environment was a nice change.

Less than 24 hours to go till anticlimax!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Tim Whatley posted:

This video just showed up filmed on a lovely camera (possibly the actual spoiler, but probably not)

Brb just making GBS threads my pants....

WHAT THE gently caress AMC YOU DID THE BEST THING EVER? NEGAN DOUBLE KILL??

Jewel
May 2, 2009

I'm not from the US, so it's a little hard to get this info; how many hours from now until this airs?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Jewel posted:

I'm not from the US, so it's a little hard to get this info; how many hours from now until this airs?

What time is it where you are

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Google could solve that for you in the amount of.time it takes to kill two people with a baseball bat.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Dear Negan,

Please introduce either Glen and/or Sasha to Lucille.

Best Regards,

We are the Funyuns

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Whoever got hit will take the full season to die, because otherwise there won't be any emotional impact.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Khablam posted:

Whoever got hit will take the full season to die, because otherwise there won't be any emotional impact.

The whole season will be flashbacks of each character's (Rick's group) time on the show. The last episode will end with a first person shot of the bat swing, picture goes fuzzy, and fade to black. The reveal won't come until season 8.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The season will go on as if no one died. Everyone from the Negan encounter will be filmed throughout the season but everyone will talk about the death but never say who. Everyone will interact with some but not all of the other characters and people will act weird about people referring to others. So someone is hallucinating who died but they'll film it in such a way that you won't know who until the season finale at which point they'll reveal its not a hallucination but an actual ghost. Season 8 will be zombies bs ghosts

also comixology has all things walking dead on sale so you can grab all the collected volumes for $150 and almost get caught up with the series (currently up to issue #159)

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 23, 2016

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Tim Whatley posted:

This scene is going to twist my stomach into knots no matter who bites it. On one hand I want it to be brutal to stay true to the comic, but on the other I could do without TV shows having a preoccupation with having characters heads smashed in.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Khablam posted:

If you think they actually hit someone today during the Morgan and Carol episode season premiere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Is it too much to hope that they use all of the footage and he kills them all?