Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

5 more hours :parrot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Did they leak who dies we have an office pool going

Philosopher King fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 23, 2016

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Philosopher King posted:

Someone leaked footage of Maggie getting brained but according to several sources the crew made 11 fake death scenes just for leaks, so really no.

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 23, 2016

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Maggie is about the second or third to last one I'd expect them to do so if it is her then kudos, I suppose, for defying my expectations.

But the real story here is how loving retarded was the cliffhanger decision. It's been said time and time, but doing that just so that your show is discussed over the break is really stupid, if all of that discussion is tainted by the context of how much of a lame storytelling decision it was to have made.

It's like a fundamental misunderstanding, maybe even a total ignorance of, the concept of "hang a lampshade on it".

These loving writers. Can't wait to see what they have in store!

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Cactus posted:

Maggie is about the second or third to last one I'd expect them to do so if it is her then kudos, I suppose, for defying my expectations.

But the real story here is how loving retarded was the cliffhanger decision. It's been said time and time, but doing that just so that your show is discussed over the break is really stupid, if all of that discussion is tainted by the context of how much of a lame storytelling decision it was to have made.

It's like a fundamental misunderstanding, maybe even a total ignorance of, the concept of "hang a lampshade on it".

And then the showrunners (or maybe it was Chris Hardwick, I don't remember) had the nerve to call everyone who criticized the finale "spoiled children who don't want to wait until Christmas to open their presents." No. What this was like was saying we'd get a present for Christmas, and then on December 25th handing us a box but telling us we'd have to wait until June to open it.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Hahahah did they? I missed that, or since forgot about it. That is such a TV network executive that doesn't watch or like the show that's paying their wages type of thing to say.

To be fair to Hardwick, he's probably coached on every little thing he is and isn't allowed to say.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Philosopher King posted:

Negan kills himself, he wants to send a strong message.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Philosopher King posted:

More or less confirmed that Abraham gets his skull bashed in, Darryl gets pissed and tries to hurt Negan, so he kills Glenn. Not sure if that's also through Lucille or otherwise.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Yeah I don't remember where it was said, but they came up with all kinds of excuses/justifications for that garbage finale. Someone else compared it to Darth Vader revealing to Luke Skywalker that he was his father. Except that wasn't a cliffhanger.

Honestly the writing in season 6 just reeked of arrogance. I actually do like the show - even with its shortcomings - but S6 overall felt like such a slap in the face. It's like when a popular artist starts experimenting with sculptures made of fecal matter and then gets mad at his fan base for not liking it, saying "YOU GUYS JUST CAN'T APPRECIATE REAL ART."

That said, I really am looking forward to this season. I don't care as much who Negan kills so much as I just want to see him flip the Ricktatorship on its head. I've probably already said this but the only character I'll be pissed about getting Lucille'd is Glenn. Not because of any attachments I still have to him (it seems like the writers stopped caring about him a long time ago), but because I'm gonna be mad if they hyped all this up so much just to go with the comic book kill everyone already knows about anyway.

Daryl would be the perfect kill though, and might almost justify the cliffhanger. I wouldn't want to give Daryl's legions of fan girls 6 months to be pissed off and decide they don't want to watch the show anymore either.

Acacia REI fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 24, 2016

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Remember when The Simpsons told people they were going to kill off a major character and people wondered all summer who it would be and it ended up being Krusty the Clown's father?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Remember when The Simpsons told people they were going to kill off a major character and people wondered all summer who it would be and it ended up being Krusty the Clown's father?
That was one of the more bizarre 'look at us!' kind of show announcements I can think of. Was that character even in more than 5 episodes in the show's whole run?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

FlamingLiberal posted:

That was one of the more bizarre 'look at us!' kind of show announcements I can think of. Was that character even in more than 5 episodes in the show's whole run?

Don't even think so

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

On Terra Firma posted:

This scene is going to twist my stomach into knots no matter who bites it. On one hand I want it to be brutal to stay true to the comic, but on the other I could do without TV shows having a preoccupation with having characters heads smashed in.

I don't think you need to spoil that. I think even people completely unaware of the comics will have assumed that somebody got their head smashed in based on the season finale

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Cactus posted:

Hahahah did they? I missed that, or since forgot about it. That is such a TV network executive that doesn't watch or like the show that's paying their wages type of thing to say.

To be fair to Hardwick, he's probably coached on every little thing he is and isn't allowed to say.

Pretty sure Hardwick got himself a lobotomy. He had some great intros on Fear the Walking Dead's TD where literally nothing would happen in an episode and out he pops all chipper and saying, "Well that sure was an exciting episode! A lot to unpack there!"

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Tell you the truth if zombies do happen, I'm totally running around the woods making spears and screaming about clearing while making huge bonfires.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Acacia REI posted:

And then the showrunners (or maybe it was Chris Hardwick, I don't remember) had the nerve to call everyone who criticized the finale "spoiled children who don't want to wait until Christmas to open their presents." No. What this was like was saying we'd get a present for Christmas, and then on December 25th handing us a box but telling us we'd have to wait until June to open it.

I would rather have seen someones head explode and maybe some reaction shots and then end it like that

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Orange Red Bull posted:

I would rather have seen someones head explode and maybe some reaction shots and then end it like that

If they did that then this season premiere of the adventures of Morgan and Carol wouldn't be able to sprinkle along the Negan scene for 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I probably wouldn't have even minded the cliffhanger if they'd just never mentioned that someone was going to die, and if the rest of the finale had more content to it. It was so dragged out with tedious filler. There was no reason to make that episode an hour-and-a-half except to max out the advertisement revenue.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I hope the real death scene has better effects than the cliffhanger, which was the game over screen from Goldeneye on the N64

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I hope the real death scene has better effects than the cliffhanger, which was the game over screen from Goldeneye on the N64

it's the feces smeared artwork referenced above actually.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Didn't that end up being Flanders' wife? Or did they do that more than once?

Acacia REI posted:

I probably wouldn't have even minded the cliffhanger if they'd mentioned that someone was going to die, and if the rest of the finale had more content to it. It was so dragged out with tedious filler. There was no reason to make that episode an hour-and-a-half except to max out the advertisement revenue.

Yeah the writing in that last episode left a lot to be desired. Trevor having monologues about "Hey Rick appreciate your family because maybe one of them will die tonight!" felt more like the show was speaking directly to the viewers. "Oooh we're gonna kill off a main character tonight people! Watch and find out who!"

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

They did it more than once, yeah. I'm going to say the same thing tonight that I did when they did this on The Simpsons.

I hope it is Maggie.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I honestly want the current, lame Glenn to die, but I also think that would be a huge copout. Hope they give someone else Glenn's comic death then Glenn himself gets brained as an afterthought with no buildup and Negan's crew bounces.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I hope nobody gets hurt, that they come to a peaceful resolution of their differences, bond over their shared humanity and together make the most out of life's precious gift.

thecommodore64
Jun 9, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I hope nobody gets hurt, that they come to a peaceful resolution of their differences, bond over their shared humanity and together make the most out of life's precious gift.

The talking dead begins with Chris Warwick bursting into flames. Show's cancelled. The end.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Cactus posted:

Somehow someone somewhere made a worse thing than Lebron James' "the decision".

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hobo Clown posted:

Didn't that end up being Flanders' wife? Or did they do that more than once?
I don't remember when they killed off Maude it being a big reveal or anything.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Guys, I am so excited to live poo poo-post in this thread again. poo poo-posting in the FTWD thread just wasn't the same. So pumped!

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Not that far away now

thecommodore64
Jun 9, 2010
First episode will be a Trever Phillips flashback episode and we won't know who dies until episode three.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It would amuse me greatly if they go right to a timeskip and then you have to figure out who got hit by process of elimination of who they show afterwards.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

delfin posted:

It would amuse me greatly if they go right to a timeskip and then you have to figure out who got hit by process of elimination of who they show afterwards.

Parting shot S7E16 is a reveal of the dead character's grave, and they are revealed to have been a hallucination by their neares loved one. Season's full of Sixth Sense style misleading scenes.

Or Morales from S1 gets dragged out at the last minute.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

:lol: I forgot Trevor was in the show now.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Damnit I wish I could livepost but I'm going to have to vacate the thread for a few hours till I can watch the thing here in the UK.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Getting real tired of these eeny meenie commercials

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

please dont disappoint me this year TWD :negative:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Trevor is on Westworld now too. Wonder if that means he doesn't last much longer in TWD.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Orange Red Bull posted:

please dont disappoint me this year TWD :negative:

You know they're gonna :smith:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

:lol: I forgot Trevor was in the show now.

He's also in a much better show on HBO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, he has been doing good since GTA.