Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Reminder that Negan never said he was going to kill one of them. He even stated the contrary.

"I don't want to kill you people. Just want to make that clear from the get-go. I want you to work for me. You can't do that if you're dead, now, can you? I'm not growing a garden. But you killed my people, a whole drat lot of them. More than I'm comfortable with. And for that, for that you're gonna pay. So, now... I'm gonna beat the holy hell outta one of you. This-- this is Lucille, and she is awesome. All this, all this is just so we can pick out which one of you gets the honor."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

tomapot posted:

JDM is nailing the Negan role, I'm enjoying this much more than I thought I would.

Same. I can see that if you don't like/buy what JDM is doing it's going to be a rough ride though.

I think this is the most fun I've had with the show in a long time, really. Fingers crossed they don't do what they usually do and ruin everything.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Plastic Jesus toy on Talking Dead and Kevin Smith not making a buddy Christ joke. 0/10

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Whole lotta people want to kill a guy who is sitting prone, unarmed, and without backup right now. Can't wait for another hour of dancing around why that's not just going to happen.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Zebulon posted:

Why do I get the feeling Spencer is about to gently caress things up for everyone?

Because that's his singular character trait?

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Cooooooooold blooded

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
So next half season is the 3 communities skirmishing with the Saviors until the finale when something significant might happen.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I would have liked that better if she just spoke directly to the camera.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Rick should have gotten eaten for being such a moron trying to get the deer in the middle of a mission. I get being confident considering what they've been through, but it gets annoying when they never get punished when they cross the line into cocky like that. It's like the show is waving their bullshit plot armor dick in our faces.

I thought when he took that dive off the ferris wheel he was going to break an arm or a leg or something, which would have provided (forced but at least heightened) tension for that set piece, and been way less cringeworthy than another main character death fakeout. Then they could have used that to write some REALLY good scenes where Rick has to explain to Negan why his leg is broken, which could raise the sense of urgency in getting things going there.... but nah. Show is just dumb as always.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Talking Dead re:Carl Gimple confirms Carl will die - the bite will be treated like any other in the show. Who knows if they’ll follow through though

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
So ... it was just a dump right? That inexplicably had a helipad and solar panels?

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Like, why even have Coral make a dying plea if Rick isn't going to follow or be conflicted by it? :lol:

He could have just as easily been like "dad...kill them all!" as a dying wish and then this would at least make sense...

If carl’s letter to his dad just said “kill ‘em all” I’d be all the way back in for this show.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh never mind I’m an idiot I’m watching now. What particularly dumb poo poo did I miss?

They looted a seed bank in a museum, which involved a couple "particularly dumb poo poo" set pieces that went nowhere.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Ah nice I was hoping Gregory would get an 18th chance

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I’d gladly watch a season of just JDM mugging as Negan, committing over the top acts of violence while taking over the new communities and killing all of the non redshirts.

“Wow that’s hosed up, I can’t believe you’re all making me do this to you”

I can’t get enough of that stuff.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
It is slightly interesting to me that they didn't drag Rick's ~final episodes~ until at least the mid season finale. I would have put money on them going the full 16 if you asked me when I first saw the promo/heard the news.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
At least the new intro is super rad

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

precision posted:

I hope jerry gets a line

“Dude, I told you Rick was hardcore”

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Digging J Mascis Carol next season though

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Lol only the deaf people heard the walkers. That's perfect

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

precision posted:

Where Maggie at yo

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2018/11/11/the-walking-dead-maggie-last-episode-lauren-cohan-return/

because the writers on this show lol

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
If only there was someone else within earshot of Eugene that could have just put the ladder back up

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
At least we got a couple episode break from “new group bad our group good” to focus on “our group bad?” Excited to get back to “new group bad” for the next season and a half or so

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
NEgan please kill the entire cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
"Oh they're just dudes wearing slipknot masks". Cool ... mystery solved. So now that their gimmick is exposed there's no reason story-wise to treat them differently from any other group?