Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Acacia REI posted:

Aside from the weird sickness they had going through the prison, does anyone in this show ever die from anything other than injuries (like walker bites or just being straight up murdered by someone)? You'd think in an apocalyptic scenario there would be more cases of, like, dysentery and botulism and whatnot.

They did have to clear the well in S2 to prevent water borne illness. I don't think anyone got sick from it, but they were cognizant of the potential at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Guy Goodbody posted:

Basically she doesn't want to be crazy murder Carol, but she recognizes that in order to stay alive and keep her friends safe, she needs to be crazy murder carol. Therefore, the only way to not be the person she doesn't want to be, she has to cut herself from others and go off to die alone. But she also naturally wants to stay alive and keep connecting with others.

So that's her deal, she's vacillating between her desire to survive and her desire to not be the person she has to be to survive.

This is exactly how I read it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when she blew up Terminus, that was her first contact with Rick and the group since he excommunicated her. She'd already shown a willingness to go to extremes to protect the people she cares about - between killing/burning the people at the prison, to teaching Lizzie how to appreciate the simple beauty of nature. But that was the first time she recognized the effect holding onto those relationships was having on her, when she killed a bunch of strangers to save a group who had cast her out.

She's simply questioning whether or not she can continue to live with herself after doing those things, or if it's changing her to such an extent that she's no longer Carol.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Blazing Ownager posted:

So quick question: Why the flying gently caress is Sasha so gung-ho for staying at Hilltop other than "We can't just have Maggie there alone??" Same really goes for Enid.

Enid was weird, but I think you just laid it out for why Sasha wants to stay - she's protective of Maggie right now, due to Glenn dying and her health issues/pregnancy. I don't think it's any more complex than that - she even offered to scavenge to earn Maggie's residency there.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Hobo Clown posted:

I kinda like Tara. The sarcasm, the aloofness, flipping off a dour little kid... she's fun. I was sad to see weirdo sunglasses lesbian chilling out in the apocalypse get hit with crying and drama and depression as soon as she meets up with the rest of the cast. Back to staring sadly off into space like the others.

The non-linear storytelling makes zero sense here and I have no idea why they did it. It's been like 8 months since Tara's been on TV so the in media res they were going for didn't have me waiting to find out what happened but rather made me assume I just forgot.

Maybe because she just gave birth and was presumably pregnant for a large part of filming? It's not uncommon for actors to take time off for that. I can't think of another explanation so if there is one, I'd be curious as well.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

spudsbuckley posted:

The only current actual good shows that are on are Rectify and maybe Ash Vs. Evil Dead. I legit can't think of something else offhand that is currently running that is really worth watching.

Westworld, but that isn't on Netflix

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Blazing Ownager posted:

I would agree with you if their ratings weren't tanking and every single review blamed Negan for it. I have absolutely no doubt that was the plan but I have also absolutely no doubt AMC will not want to follow that plan after the disaster that was this season.

Why are they blaming Negan for decreased ratings? JDM is doing a drat decent job of it, even though the writing is mediocre.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I dunno, he seems pretty good at antagonizing every group he runs into.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Only 2 episodes left.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

coyo7e posted:

Yeah JDM gets around. I loved him in Watchmen too, and saw some movie a couple months back called "Desierto" where he plays a crazy racist dude who kills Mexicans trying to cross into America, that was pretty great.

JDM has been solid in everything I've seen him in. I fully blame the writers for his character on this show, not the actor.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Senor Tron posted:

Not watched any of Fear, but do you know what episode/roughly when that scene is?

Ever since the start of The Walking Dead I've had a weird obsession with imagining how it would be playing out in places like the ISS.

Trailer for S8 of TWD is promising in that they seem to be making stuff happen, but despite the music it's still mostly shots of people staring off into the distance.

The book World War Z covers stranded astronauts. It's not tied to TWD at all, but it was a fun read.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

moist turtleneck posted:

I hope they're treating that water beforehand/I hope the people getting it know to boil the water

This is the kind of thing I don't think needs to be addressed - there are plenty of ways to get safe water (including boiling) such as collecting rainwater, digging a well, or even going the old fashioned method and making beer of some sort out of it. Someone in any community of any size is going to know this or realize it very quickly, or said community is going to get dysentery very quickly.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Yeah, uh, shooting Negan would have been pretty easy. They're in range to yell at each other, I'm pretty sure bullets can make it too.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

ditty bout my clitty posted:

How much did lorry make?

She's been dead since season 3.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Acacia REI posted:

Saw this comment on Reddit and it does make some sense:

"If I'm not mistaken, Rick talks about the broken glass theory that people generally feel safe when the glass around them is in one piece. This has me thinking about the last episode and the seemingly pointless act of wasting loads and loads of bullets to shatter the glass at Negan's compound. I think that Rick is trying to instill fear into the saviors, showing them that their world is able to be shattered at any moment by a madman. Overall I would imagine that the strategy is to persuade as many of the sanctuary dwellers to turn on Negan so that he is not nearly as powerful. "

Still sounds like a huge waste of ammo but whatever.

There's a Broken Windows Theory joke to be made here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Acinonyx posted:

I watched every minute of Revolution (Giancarlo Esposito for life), but I gave up on Falling Skies when Dr. Carter became Batman. I'm only hanging on to this show because I read this thread first and then fast forward though most of the episode. I have a morbid curiosity if they are going end the Neagan stuff as dumb as I have read that the comics did. Who am I kidding, they will find a way to make it dumber.

I really wanted Revolution to work. Still annoyed about that one, dammit