Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 40 minutes!
Can we talk about S9 here? Didint found any other thread

Just a question: why did Jadis had to flee Alexandria? People were a little suspicious of her (understandably) but she wanst being threatened or anything (that I remember), and she was getting along with Rick and Gabriel. But then all of a sudden she was desperate to flee (her own words). Why?

I didint understood that, I must have missed something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation

LadyPictureShow posted:

Gabriel found out she was doing human trafficking on the side, so she snapped up Rick as she was bailing out.

Her spot in the community was pretty well effed since she couldn't bring herself to kill Gabriel or trade him to the helicopter people.

I remember that, but she was already fleeing when Gabriel followed her and found all that. He found her in the junkyard calling the chopter guys to pick her up. Why she was fleeing in the first place is the question

Astroman posted:

I always figured she was some kind of Helicopter Agent and her time in Junktown and/or Alexandria was limited before she flew to her home planet.

Yeah, maybe that's something they will still explain

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 13:34 on May 18, 2019

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation
Since you guys are talking about it: is Fear The Walking Dead any good? Considering that I love TWD main series, even in the last seasons

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation

Chris James 2 posted:

Congrats to those who buy the next issue of the comic

https://twitter.com/RobertKirkman/status/1145657280370761728

Bleeding Cool is reporting the twist is it's the last issue. Yes, really

wtf

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation
Is kinda weird to stop now all of a sudden, anyway. There seems to be so much going on

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation
My personal favorite nitpick is how easy it is for everyone (even the weakest ones) to pierce through heads with any pointy object available, like they are piercing a watermelon not hard tick bone

But really, this show gets a lot better if you make peace with the fact that zombies are just as though and effective as the scene requires and thats it

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation

Gripweed posted:

I finished season 3. I'm not going to ask why they moved everybody into prison instead of Woodbury. I assume the reason is that all those prison interiors were expensive sets they could only justify building if they got more than one season worth of use out of them

The prison is safer

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation

Well, since the comic is over, that might be a good time to end the show too

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation
I dunno, I really enjoyed all the Negan arch, the war stuff, I think is my favorite part of the show

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation

LadyPictureShow posted:

Truly, we are the walking thread.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation
I still think next season is gonna be the last

Comic is over, the 2 most charismatic actors are going out, there is no reason to continue, They are going to finish the fake zombies people arch on the first half then the commonwealth on the second half and finish abruptly like the comic did

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation

Open Source Idiom posted:

I think it's more interesting than that, or rather, it's a culmination of that aspect of the show. This is a chance for them to turn the clock back, effectively, and return to a pseudo-American now.

It's weird that a show so beloved by conservatives picked capitalism as its final nemesis, but there you go.

Yeah, is kinda like that, I think

And its a plot from the comic book, irrc, stormtroopers and all

editr: also, the stormtrooper suits, besides being white, are pretty similar to anti-riot police gear being used around the world, it didint seen so absurd to me

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 14, 2022

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation

Douchebag posted:

Finally finished this show. I enjoyed season 11, mostly. Had its ups and downs. A lot of it had some good Governors season vibes, which was cool.

But, they said Family so much I expected them to summon Vin Diesel.

Will check out the spin-offs.

Im starting 11 today, after rewatching the whole thing from season 1

Before I had stopped at S10E16, so now Ive watched S10E17-22 for the first time and Im a bit baffled on how bad those were. I found season 10 mostly good, but those 6 last episodes felt like had absolutely no reason to exist.

Its mostly people walking around doing nothing of importance and having boring unnecessary flashbacks and having pointless action scenes that you know will end with nobody important getting hurt and than some petty personal drama that never goes anywhere either. The Princess episode is the only one where the plot advances a little bit, but is just a tiny bit anyway

Even the very season finale being a filler/flashback episode that tells a very uninteresting background history for Negan was so weird

I wonder what happened there? I vaguely remember that there was a long hiatus between S10E16 (on which the proper S10 plot ends) and those last 6 episodes. Maybe it was because of COVID?

edit: S11 is good after the Commonwealth starts. The whole thing with the reapers before could have been dropped, imo. We didint need yet another war with evil crazy gang, we had plenty of those before and the reapers add nothing new. Pope is kinda of a good but mostly because of the acting, which manages to put some life and depth in the character, but they barely do anything with it anyway

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 6, 2023

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation
Ive finished the series yesterday, I liked S11 for the most part. Still I really think almost everything from the end of the war with the whisperers in S10 to when they resume the Commonwealth storyline in S11 could have been eliminated with no loss, including the Daryl girlfriend plot, the Negan flashback episode, the whole war with the reapers etc

But Im really puzzled about what they did to Rick and Michone. I mean, the fact that they were pulled (first Rick, than Michone a season later) from series just to return on the very last scene and as a hook to future spin off

I mean, was that always the plan or just something happened that caused the actors to leave and than accept to come back in a spin off? Its was really weird, I dont think Ive ever sae a TV show disappear with both main characters for the last seasons like that and than announce they will be coming back in a sequel after the finale

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 6, 2023

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation
The Rick spin off has a very high rating on imdb

Is it possible that its actually good?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation

Deadite posted:

It might be that the only people who are watching and rating the new series are the people that enjoyed the other spin-offs.

So only the die-hards are left and all the casual fans couldn’t make it through Maggie and Negan’s New York Adventures

All the other ones have lower ratings, though

I know it dont mean much, but Fear has 6.8, Dead City got 7.3, the original show 8.1. The Ones Who Live got 8.9, unusually high

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation
About the original show ending: I dint think it was that bad, but taking Rick and Michonne out was a bad and weird mistake, I have no idea why they would do that. Taking both main characters out of the story for the final season, its baffling

When it happened I thought they had some problem with the actors or something like, but now both are back for the spin off

edit: vvvvvv makes sense

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation

Deadite posted:

That’s what I mean, with each new spinoff you have fewer casual viewers and the only people left are the super fans. So it makes sense that each spinoff has a higher rating than the one before it, like The Daryl Dixon Show has a 7.6 rating which fits in between Dead City and The Ones Who Live.

In a few years Eugene Porter’s Wasteland Wizard will be rated a perfect 10

Oh I got it

And lmao

edit: in any case, I think Ill give it a try. The ending was bad but it did manage to make me curious about Rick's situation. Is the only spin off that managed to interest me, anyway. Walking Dead But In France seems boring, even if I love Norman Reedus. Dead City could be fun but, I dunno, I loved Negan but the character was dragging a lot even the last seasons of the main show. To be honest, they should have killed him long ago

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 11, 2024