Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Listerine posted:

They said the reason they didn't show the character dying in the finale was because they wanted to lead with it with the premiere so that the entire season (or half season) would be about the emotional reaction to it.

If there is one thing this show does well it is emotional relationships. Remember when Beth disappeared and Maggie was torn up about how the last family member she had was missing, and it became a major motivator for her?

Oh wait, that's what writers that got a C+ or above in a college writing course would have done. Nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I would stop watching this show so fast if that happened.

Who else am I supposed to identify with?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Cactus posted:

Hahahah did they? I missed that, or since forgot about it. That is such a TV network executive that doesn't watch or like the show that's paying their wages type of thing to say.

To be fair to Hardwick, he's probably coached on every little thing he is and isn't allowed to say.

Pretty sure Hardwick got himself a lobotomy. He had some great intros on Fear the Walking Dead's TD where literally nothing would happen in an episode and out he pops all chipper and saying, "Well that sure was an exciting episode! A lot to unpack there!"

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Just caught up on the thread, I can't believe that the biggest revelation hasn't been discussed.

They did it guys.

They finally did it.

The found spaghetti for their Spaghetti Tuesdays (on Wednesday).

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Carol seeing zombies as people...

The way Carol died in the comics was so bad I literally 100% forgot until someone posted the page in here, but she basically goes nuts starts talking to a zombie and lets it bite her. She's also pretty sick of life it seems like, she might go out similar to how she did in the comic.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Dont forget, comics Carol lost it because Tyrese dumped her for Michonne

It was also that Rick and Lorie would not enter into a 3-way marriage with her.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Murphys Law posted:

Oh, are they trying to poison Negan's men with tainted meat?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Morgan is gonna lose his poo poo if this dude keeps talking like he is in a Shakespeare play.

That must have been fun for the Georgia native to talk like goofy British to the actual British man.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Caper posted:

I hope I'm not the only one but this is so, so bad.

It is a different kind of bad, and gently caress me I'll take it.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I didn't get a great look but those weird "inspirational" quotes look like they might have been written by "K.E."

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Ezekial's Man Servant is giving Eugene a run for his money.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

XTORT posted:

Did the guy in the windows commercial say his name was loving "Beowolf"?

Even he admits his name is goofy. It was the 70s.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I work for the USPS and the fact that flag is on the left side of the mail box is bothering me to no end. Those go on the right side!!!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Stickarts posted:

I wonder if this is the week we find out whether or not Glenn really died.

I wish there was an edit of that scene where a Dumpster flies in from off camera in front of all of Negan's bat swings.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

magpie posted:

What was the '39' thing written down in the notepad in the opening?

The Bunk Number of the dude that was beaten in the lunch hall, so he could loot it.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Orange Red Bull posted:

nah he just commandeers peoples wives as sex slaves

Yeah, it is absolutely still rape. I doubt the women feel sexually liberated and are just choosing who to have a good time with, as opposed to fearing for their safety every time they are approached by the men Negan allows to visit them.

I wouldn't be surprised if OmegaGoon Kirkman thought it was actually more healthy than not though.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

Given we barely saw like 3 glimpses of him in the first episode, none in the Dwight episode and he wasn't there this episode, I have to wonder if his involvement in Westworld put him on ice.

Due to a lot of production issues, Westworld episodes were filmed as far back as 2 years ago. I believe most were a full year ago actually.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

Even if he was blinking Morse code, how would they show that in another episode?
Like, would Rick hold a church meeting and tell everyone "hey guys, Daryl was actually blinking in code to me and I had to pretend I didn't see that"?

If he really was communicating in code, they would have let the audience in on it.

Even if Rick and Darryl aren't 100% broke, they still saw two friends get murdered after a stupidly elaborate setup to get them to the right place, and act that required like a hundred people or more.

So, they aren't going to start telling people like Spencer what the deal is because he'd roll over in a goddamn nanosecond. Also, they got to stretch this out somehow.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh wow, go east! We never would have thought of that!

Shouldn't the Alexandria crew have a good idea of everything that's around them? Didn't they say they had already cleared most of the county of resources?

They didn't know about Hilltop or The Kingdom, so it is possible the Saviors are just as far out as those are.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

galenanorth posted:

There was the time that Glenn teamed up with her to rescue Maggie, then the time Enid gave her a haircut, so this episode is probably the third or fourth time.

That makes Maggie and Enid's relationship more solid than Maggie and Beth's ever was.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Did Tara float down to Costa Rica?

Also, oh poo poo a society of women who don't need no man!

But they do need aiming practice.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Now for 40 minutes of a Mexican standoff where one doesn't have a gun and just awkwardly dances around.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Orange Red Bull posted:

If every person is infected/a carrier how are animals not infected? How can it be safe to eat a fish?

The same reason Fish don't catch the flu?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

It'd be hilarious if Heath had been searching for Tara, wandered across the camp and got shot like a day ago.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Wait, so all the men. ALL of them just died in a fight? Like no weird woman power thing?

I'm not sure what is the worse reason.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

I'm guessing Negan intentionally killed all the men thinking it would scare the survivors into compliance

You called it!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

You know, if you you were in the Walking Dead universe and were capable of just shooting people instead of talking at them for 20 minutes first you would be king.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Tara can't tell black people apart, she must be a goon :v:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Real good use of your 90 minutes TWD writing staff.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Eugene being sad is legit the first thing to impact me emotionally in this show for ages.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I love that Oceanside talks about how secretive they are, but they must have to kill people who wander in all the time. Because one of their defenses is GIANT BELLS AND HORNS THAT THEY BLAST FULL VOLUME.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Shitenshi posted:

how the gently caress are you people still watching this poo poo

Most of us just use TVs?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Fionordequester posted:

I...don't get the issue? The guy was clever enough to notice that the line was a callback to two seasons ago, and I never noticed that till now. I thought it was neat! What's wrong with this Reddit user?

It is just how Reddit works, basically every thought needs it's own thread. If that had been noticed here someone would have just said, "Hey I noticed a cool call back". People would have said, "oh neat" and then moved on with discussion. On reddit though it needs to be a photo or no one cares, and everyone puts their names on poo poo so when it GOES VIRAL they get their e-cred. So it makes it seem like every idiot on there is making a huge deal about a thing they notice.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Why did he not pull the trigger as soon as he saw negan?

Because then Negan would be dead, and that's not what happened in the comics. For a real reason? No idea! :v:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I wonder what Eugene's forum account was.

It could literally be any one of the 196,943 accounts.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

WHY IS THIS EPISODE SO LONG

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Eyochigan posted:

Excuse me but you got the loving choices wrong so I corrected you. And you still seem to have it wrong because it's not "live" or "die".
It's "work for points" like everyone else has to, or "be my wife, want for nothing" and it's loving selfish for them to even consider it let alone take him up on the offer. Not only does the choice involve betraying their partner, but they no longer have to contribute towards everyone elses survival. What being Negan's wife actually means I cannot speculate to. Maybe they have sex with him and they don't want to but they do it anyway.

They need to go back to their husband. They need to pick the first choice, where they work for points and are no longer an exception.

Yes Negan is a powerful dude. Yes he has a lot of wives. No he is not a rapist.

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Eyochigan posted:

Alright peace out dudes I only meant to respond to one or two people today and I obviously have an unpopular opinion based on information that is not available to the main TV watching audience.

Fuk negan.

Your opinion is unpopular not due to the rest of the thread's "lack of information" but based on your lack of human understanding and decency. Hope that helps. Might want to put down the PUA manuals for a bit and learn to interact with people.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Eyochigan posted:

This is still a false equivelancy though. They're not getting a promotion. They're getting a free ride in a group based on personal merit.
This is equal to working a job, boss saying "sleep with me, live with me, be my wife, and I will pay for everything you need in life" and then quitting your job. Meanwhile your husband is waiting at home, and if you go back to him, your boss comes and asks you "Look, you cheated on me. You hosed up. I'll give you a choice. You can stay with your husband who you obviously love, or you can come back and live with me and want for nothing. Only thing is I'll have to grievously injure your husband in order to test your devotion."

See how it almost rhymes with the version on the tv show? In Negan's camp, you work, or you're nothing. Most societies operate on this principle. He just has no tolerance for welfare, until it's a woman asking. Either they have something to offer him, or he feels an obligation to look after them I have no idea why. Here's Negan comic: His wife dies from cancer, it's very sad. probably feels that pain when he sees other women in need.

Note: I do not share Negan's mind or opinions or support anything this fictional character does in this universe.

Negan is not some calm collected dude presenting a social contract. When he talks to people about "being his wife" he very well might be carrying a bat he regularly uses to bash people's heads in. Negan is a scary and violent man. Many people don't say "no" to scary violent people who might kill someone you care about at the drop of a hat. If you feel like you can't say no, that's rape.

Do you think sex is just a transfer of value by any chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Eyochigan posted:

I don't like TV negan the same way I like comic negan.

You aren't supposed to like either of them. And here's an important fact: they are both rapists through coercion.