Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

So I'm catching up on the new half of the season, just started Episode 9 and was wondering what the general consensus on Judith Grimes is?

First episode this season I was really turned off that a bunch of adults in an apocalyptic world would give such consideration to a 9 year old child's opinion, just because her Dad used to be the awful leader 7 years ago.

I'm hoping they found a good niche for her, the small interaction she had with Negan tore me between love and hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Tortuga posted:

I hope Negan bats her head into row z.

Apart from that, I sort of like The Walking Dead again now, I might even ask people at work if they watch it without fear of ostracization...

It could be interesting if they went for a relationship kind of like Negan and Carl in the comics but with Negan trying to help the girl survive (since she's doomed if the main party prepares her) and keeps finding himself torn between teaching her what Rick would have while also trying to reconcile that with what he thinks she needs to know.

Ive only seen the first episode and nodded off at the end but when looking over the last remaining ruins of everything he had I half expected Negan to sigh that Rick was wrong and should have killed him.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

So I'm the only one of my friends who made the connection way back first half of this season when we see prisoner but not at peace with it Negan, but I swear this had to be intentional.

That said, the denim jumpsuit could just be to humanize him a bit and make it visually different from the white Savior torture getup.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

It's hard to explain it, but rewatching Fear the Walking Dead it's amazing how much better it is than original.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

If they go on the right side of history and Maggie bangs Negan I'll watch again.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Oh my God, most of the spin-offs came out? That's amazing. There was a time where I would not have been able to escape the interpersonal chatter or online discourse about TWD. It seems to have long passed.

but if it has a negan and Maggie romance I'll binge all 11 seasons

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I think the biggest issue with trying to stretch out a zombie apocalypse story more than like five seasons tops is that at some point it just becomes a show about a small town and farming. I guess these super groups are something different than "get place, meet bad guy squad, lose place or beat bad guys, repeat" but I feel like the appeal diminishes the further you get from outbreak day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

ProperCauldron posted:

Really? I thought everybody agreed Fear S3 was the best season by far. S4 has an awkward time skip and killed main characters. Then it went real downhill real fast. The new showrunners AMC hired were terrible, absolute garbage. They made D+D's final seasons GoT look like Shakespeare.

I agree here with the general reception that it was bad after three excellent seasons of television hit their peak. It went from a gritty story of a family that was at least kinda grounded to this weird "everyone is obsessed about this annoying loving child all the sudden, nothing is more important" show where women show up with some documentary schtick that kinda took me out of this show previously about survival, and just adding things like meme vans with guns that would in no way ever be functional ( not even to mention how huge a waste of ammo ).

Me and my wife binged the first golden seasons but even trying to wade through garbage, we couldn't make it beyond Madison's "death".