Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Reivur posted:

I'm so confused. I remember midway through the Season there were a lot of people actually really pumped/happy with how the show was doing-- marveling about mostly improvements with the only points of contention being people complaining about them bringing their only real Doctor/Denise out and that being absurdly stupid, and quite a few complaints about where Carol's development was going, and the occasional rare complaint of Sasha & Abe. The only true universal outrage was that horrible ending. And yeah, that ending definitely deflated all the build-up, if there was any build-up at all.

But now the first few pages of this is a universal "woot hate its out of ideas like always lol how dis poo poo still on" by some of the same people who were giving it fellatio months ago. I get the finale deflated the season significantly but wut? @ some of the ret-cons of how people were treating the season/show.

I distinctly remember the end of the thread/season, the finale was bad which made everyone pissed and then that abrupt ending was the death blow. The midseason finale being completely dumb plus its own really bad ending left a lot of people antsy about the rest of the season already, so yeah, season 6 having both of those stupid things is what it's going to be remembered for, whether it's deserved or not (it absolutely is because honestly, only one of those being bad could maybe get a pass if we're being generous but lol gently caress out of here with both of those cliffhangers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This episode has been more horrifying than the entire last season

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DOMDOM posted:

Well I'm glad we waited 6 months for highly predictable poo poo

You're smarter than I if you were able to watch this poo poo for years and able to predict they'd have the guts to do two main cast deaths in one episode

It's gonna be at least 7 episodes now before anything that matters and costs a cent to film happens

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

First episode I'm livewatching since the midseason finale, rooting for comedy option "Negan about to die but we needed a big moment for the season premiere, so it ends in a cliffhanger with the deathblow being the opening scene of the next season"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I forgot this was on did I miss anything in the first half hour?

By my count, Rick found out Negan's trap was a trap, but Negan knew that would happen and planned to trap him Further, but a traitor on Negan's side knew That would happen and betrayed them

I knew this show got bad with making at least one character always be like 7 steps ahead, but drat did it get ridiculous when I stopped watching regularly apparently :psyduck:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol alright then

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ok

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1001546119330091008

Actress who's playing Maggie is also contracted to leave mid-season

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Reportedly Danai (Michonne) is near the end of her deal too, and with her success in Black Panther it's not unreasonable to assume she'll be moving on to bigger/better things too

We might actually be near the end of the ride

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjdv8BEgYUz/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Set photos started the rumor and TV Line confirms Shane's coming back for an episode

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

While I definitely don't disagree that's the effort the show deserves, I'm kinda curious at the potential for a funny or good RIP Rick OP, which is now inevitably what an OP hyping up the next season would have to become

Same reason I'm now going to watch the next season, I gotta see just how bad/funny it gets now that this is happening

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shneak posted:

News has broke in the last day and I'll hide the spoilers but I doubt y'all care.

Rick dies in 9x05.

Goddamn that's earlier than I expected

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AMC announced Yvette Nicole Brown will be hosting Talking Dead when it comes back in August

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Protesters camped outside the Portland headquarters of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement say federal agents have been broadcasting a chipper pop song from the parking garage for more than 10 hours.

As temperatures in Portland reached 100 degrees Fahrenheit this afternoon, the same song has played on repeat all day: "Easy Street," a banjo-and-horn driven ditty with maddeningly happy lyrics. (Protesters recorded a snippet for Twitter, with the complaint: "ICE has been playing children's music for 5 hours now.")

In fact, the song's only pop-culture fame comes from being used as musical torture for a prisoner in a 2016 episode of the zombie-apocalypse TV series The Walking Dead.

https://twitter.com/OccupyICEPDX/status/1018640254163546112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fW8hq9Djjg

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBaKVC1wIW4

Andrew Lincoln confirmed at the panel he's done

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Boinks posted:

So how come they can't keep this under wraps until the episode airs? Aren't they paying him enough to take a few months off from taking other roles until his last episode airs? Why allow it to be spoiled?

Regardless of how much longer the show airs, it's clear they need any viewers they can get and it's honestly probably more beneficial to them that more people know in advance it's his last season/last episodes. Brings in curious viewers who want to see how he dies (let's be honest lol he's dying, they didn't even keep Carl alive and that actor actually Still Wanted to be on the show, just needed an amended filming schedule due to pursuing school at the same time)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DanaiGurira/status/1021552777502380032

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

welp

AMC's bringing back Hardwick for Talking Dead

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lauren Cohan told EW that Maggie's story is "open-ended", leaving the possibility for her to return in season 10

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sincerely what the gently caress does it say about what this show does to its cast, not even just its viewers anymore, when actors openly spoil their own exits and brag about moving on months in advance of the season premiere

I can't think of many other bad shows where I've ever seen this kind of thing happen once, and it's happened multiple times here with just this one season

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Welp. Just saw a spoiler for a death in the first half of the season

This show's gonna go down a new well of trash even before we get to Rick's exit

Jesus for those wondering

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oct 7

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's not all deaths at least!

Carol and Ezekiel marry!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1040627255880376320

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

aw man

https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/1048751666705645568

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

precision posted:

Z Nation is Legit Great, the season premiere was amazing

CERTIFIED LIVING

Aw poo poo, this is how I find out the season already started :negative: I used to not miss any episodes live

I didn't hate last season but it was a noticeable downgrade

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2 more episodes with Rick

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Awn my side

or

Boi you hosed up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The biggest coincidence of all of course is that all these people survived this long

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Hang on I had to rewatch the last 5 minutes of the show because it didnt't make sense to me. But did they just fell into a random hole?

Yep

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

omg the leak was right :laffo:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All I wanted out of this season was to see how dumb they'd do Rick's exit

Gotta say, I think they've knocked it out of the park in that department

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stuff supposedly leaked again

Rick survives the impaling and also another close call at the bridge. Main cast believes he's dead, while he lives and is helicoptered away to PoochieLand thanks to Jadis

From the same people who leaked him falling off the horse onto convenient rebar for the impaling

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A few characters have beards now and a few who had beards have longer ones now, so you Know it's been a real long time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Stuff supposedly leaked again

Rick survives the impaling and also another close call at the bridge. Main cast believes he's dead, while he lives and is helicoptered away to PoochieLand thanks to Jadis

From the same people who leaked him falling off the horse onto convenient rebar for the impaling

More in-depth stuff

Rick makes his way to the bridge, hallucinating along the way (Hershel, Sasha, Shane), and as he gets to the bridge, he remembers Daryl said it will probably collapse under the weight of the herd. It doesn’t, but there is dynamite there. Rick thinks he is hallucinating Team Family as they run to him, and shoots the dynamite to blow the bridge and Michonne et al sees bridge, herd, Rick, go up in flames. Rick is then found downriver by Jadis, and she, Rick and helicopter leave.

There is a big time jump at the end that reveals the beginnings of the Whisperers, and 10 year old Judith in Rick’s hat killing walkers

Time skip confirmed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

nwin posted:

Wait so is rick not actually dying?

They're banking on Lincoln changing his mind and either coming back long-term eventually or at least coming back for the inevitable series finale

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I still don't know what to say lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Michonne's gone

Hollywood Reporter posted:

Danai Gurira, the breakout star of AMC's The Walking Dead, is exiting the series. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Gurira, who officially joined the series in season three as iconic katana-wielding badass Michonne, has signed a deal to return for her final season of the zombie drama. Under her new deal, Gurira will return in a limited capacity — described as only a handful of episodes — that will be interspersed throughout season 10. The actress, playwright and social activist will then likely segue to the three Walking Dead movies that AMC is planning with former leading man Andrew Lincoln. The latter has played the central role of Rick Grimes since the pilot and departed in the first half of season nine.

AMC and representatives for Gurira declined comment.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-danai-gurira-exit-1184189

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats to those who buy the next issue of the comic

https://twitter.com/RobertKirkman/status/1145657280370761728

Bleeding Cool is reporting the twist is it's the last issue. Yes, really