Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm not reading all that, what is AoS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

I honestly wish the zombie types were above regular zombie. gently caress it, I want a stupid zombie show with Left 4 Dead like zombie mutations running around, or at least something like that.

As it stands rotting corpses that are half melted have no problem grabbing horses and then ripping through them like they're made of cake

Seen Z-Nation?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Bertilak posted:

Hey guys, I was hoping someone here could clarify something for me about the show. The way the writers have been writing the show makes it seem that they have forgotten just how much of a bastard Negan actually is and how hypocritical is whole philosophy of people as a resource is. I mean, the episode where Negan was actually introduced involved the Saviors exterminating a community of survivors (the Library), and they eliminated all the males of Oceanside. However, I was discussing this point with my sister when she brought up that they may have retconned the Oceanside thing slightly.

This season they made a point of having Negan say that the Saviors as a group existed before he arrived and that they were much worse before him. Were the writers trying to imply that the Oceanside thing was pre-Negan? Was there any point where the people of Oceanside said that Negan killed their men, rather than just "the Saviors?" I have tried looking around online and watching the episodes Oceanside has appeared in, but I cannot find a definite answer. Does anybody here know?

No one has a clue about anything Oceanside.

e: Or the whole show, you're already thinking more than the writers.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Oh.. my.. god. That was the best laugh I've had all week holy poo poo

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Cactus posted:

Thread is deader than Gimples creative talent.

The Walking Dead Eyebrow

ahhahah

e: Just looking at them again and lmao I hope you make the best OP Blazer, and my insane searching at odd hours of the night pics and gifs give you some good content.

e2: Yessss before I go smoke up and go to bed I found a great gimple you could use

Barreft fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 23, 2018

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'm going to have to stay on the ball to make a new thread for S8.

If I fail, whoever does better make the entire OP nothing but Gimple. Gimple all the way down.

Don't forget the fun in the FTWD thread! Those Gimples are the best

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

moist turtleneck posted:

im not gonna spend more than an hour putting gimple into something

https://i.imgur.com/rwt3qol.gifv

Yesssssss. Sucks Blazing got probed or banned for being a nazi or something.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Johnny Truant posted:

This should be side by side with the gang wandering down the road with a swarm of zombies behind them, not giving a gently caress

Oh my god you just reminded me of the rolling zombies down the hill. I still think that was ZNation but I honestly can't decide.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hasselblad posted:

:thumbsup:

He pretty much got it for criticizing Jose's bad modding or something. Looks like they are cracking down on people in GBS who are not leftist enough. (Or that the QQCS crew doesn't like)

Dammit, well at least he has a month to make a great OP I guess

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Do we know how big JDM’s role is going to be?

Last I read he and Daryl are to become the new leads

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Last I heard Jesus dies this season, so *shrug*

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Against my better judgment I put myself through watching the leaked opener. Boring as poo poo, extended episode that's over 59 minutes without commercials. The theme song is the same but the new entrance will give you seizures.

Also half of the 30 minutes is all about caring about some redshirt's death.

I won't spoil anything, it's just more of the same.

OH, there IS another another scene of a character dangling by rope that fell into zombies and they had to pull him out. spoiler there!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I know I have to avoid spoilers but man I want to talk about how stupid that was. Oh well only an hour to go

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

LegitMaan posted:

Why didn’t they just go over the handrail instead of walking on the glass?

Why are they traveling all the way to DC to get a loving wagon or whatever?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

It would be funny if like zombies was just an americas thing and japan is still shipping us cars.

In Z-Nation, Mexico is completely fine cause the US built the wall and ended up closing themselves in and killing themselves lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

You really are the best

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

JossiRossi posted:

If you are dumb enough to still be watching this, you might want to try out Z-Nation. It is currently just starting a rebuilding of civilization arc that's already 100 times better and more interesting.

If you have never seen the show, like most it takes a bit to get its footing, but if you stick with it you'll be really pleasantly surprised how they fuse characters you begin to actually care about with stupid poo poo like Zombienados.

Z-Nation is a great show. Everyone really needs to watch it. It's not a masterpiece but if you're watching TWD still then christ you have no idea what you've been missing in just fun.

They make loving Z-Weed out of zombie corpses and it gets you crazy high and also getting Z's high calms them down and makes them high as well.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

precision posted:

Z Nation is Legit Great, the season premiere was amazing

CERTIFIED LIVING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ab-CCr9Ap4

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

Aw poo poo, this is how I find out the season already started :negative: I used to not miss any episodes live

I didn't hate last season but it was a noticeable downgrade

spoiler
https://i.imgur.com/FnIZ4et.jpg

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hexel posted:

I feel like they replaced a writer or something midseason when Madison died

Show felt aimless after that

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

precision posted:

Yeah it's the better show in every way and the fact that people don't recognize this is proof that most people have garbage taste

https://i.imgur.com/tW6NLtc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nc6z4QH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4mNjKTf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fvXQWLs.jpg

Barreft fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Nov 11, 2018

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

precision posted:

Judith is already the worst part of this show and that is saying a lot

Good child actors exist there is no excuse here

She is so so so bad. Shoulda kept Carl. Or at least any of the great child actors out there, Lizzy was so much better then whatever Judith is.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

They really shouldn't have killed off Carl, now they've lost Rick, Maggie, Carl, Michonne, and have to anchor on a really bad child actor.

fe: Oh is Ezekiel still alive?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

This has all been so drat boring

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

moist turtleneck posted:

I am excited for dwight and el salvidad though

El Salvidad WITH Strand.

Pretty much the only thing I'm looking forward to.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Goddamn another completely boring episode. did anything happen?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I didn't even know walking dead was on

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

DarklyDreaming posted:

That part actually makes sense. Time and again she's proven to be the biggest badass of the apocalypse, give her a gun with three bullets and a pocketknife and she can fight her way out of anything. However she's also never been this kind of blind swinging angry before. Sure Henry wasn't the first child to die in her care, but by the time Alpha cut off his head he was in her life longer than Sophia if my math is right. She thought her murderin' days were over and it was just a long, happy life of rebuilding civilization and raising a family ahead of her, instead that happened.

Basically she knows better than anybody how to take down Alpha and her horde, but she stopped caring about her own survival and the people around her a season and a half ago. Which is having predictable results.

It's just.. it's so booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring. holy gently caress I just click through anything that isn't Negan/Whisperers. I try, but like.. I don't give a gently caress about Sidiq or whatever anyway, I don't even remember how he was found. anyway who loving cares, took 5 minutes to watch the whole episode.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

how does this garbage still exist

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Man they memoryholed Carl bad.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

moist turtleneck posted:

In good news season 2 of black summer kicked rear end

No poo poo really?? Thank you

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Johnny Truant posted:

So some of these last eps are worth watching?

Or should I just watch the second season of Black Summer

Black Summer s2 came out?? oh poo poo ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Fighting Elegy posted:

I'm so mad this wasn't 2 seasons or at least 8-10 episodes. I honestly feel like this show had everything I like about Walking Dead. Interesting and well-acted villain, dystopia, and people finding comfort in one another while the world is crumbling around them but it felt so rushed to me! Episode 4, where people actually stayed in one place and talked stuff out, was my favorite episode of this by far.

Is Ep 4 where they flew a plane into a building purposely, somehow live, find a fully immaculate condo with power 10+ years into the apocalypse?