Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's going to turn out they found another random person wondering through the woods and thought they were with Ricks group and that's the one they kill. No main characters die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I got it, right before he swings the bat, the group that Morgan found will ride in and kill Negan and the saviors, and all the cries and blow are from them dying and leaves Ricks group the chance to ruin another group of Survivors.

Realistically though, it's going to be Adam (That's the gay guys name right?) cause he is a minor character that we know nothing about, yet would somehow still be sad to see him die.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Everybody forgetting the Daryl did completely tell Rick off and actually joined up with Merle.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

twistedmentat posted:

The only good thing is we know Trevor Phillips survived the Apocalypse.

It's actually pretty amazing, dude did such a good job voicing a video game character, that every time he gets a live action role, he is still Trevor from GTA 5.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SunshineDanceParty posted:

None of this would have happened if Rick and Daryl hadn't found Jesus last season.

If they would have just killed Jesus, everything would still be normal.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

veni veni veni posted:

Oh cool and the season resolved nothing and ended on another cliffhanger.

gently caress this terrible terrible show. I think I'm finally ready to stop bitching about TWD and and get proactive about not watching it.

TWD is best watched all at once on Netflix and then watch the season premier. Then don't give a poo poo about it until it's back on Netflix again.

Just binged watched season 7 and how the hell do they have time to do funerals and provide medical care for the people that are dead/hurt? Like what is Negan going back to the base and resting up for a week before loving their poo poo up?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Judith is gonna be the last Grimes standing after all this?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Probably actually going to watch this season live this year... not sure why, pretty sure the show works way better binge watching in 3 days.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Where did they manage to find a herd of domesticated horses that hadn't become zombie food yet? Pretty impressive stuff.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

King Ezekiel is as good as dead. He got kissed by carol, just like the godfather, its a death sentence.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

BonoMan posted:

Yeah I think her and Daryl getting together is inevitable.

They have been building that up for a while and never went for it. But also if they do get them together, Daryl will die too... Because that's the way it works. Carol kisses you and you're next to be written off the show.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"We've been dealing with zombies for loving years, but now you let my son die? What the gently caress you bitch, how could someone die in our society now?"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm no expert, but I will pretend to be one for a minute...

I don't think any amount of strippong weight off a car would get the weight down to what a wood wagon wound weigh. Plus there is some extra fritction between a rubber car tire vs a wood wagon wheel.

But that being said. Seems they should be able to figure out how to make a basic wood wagon / cart with the free sacturary labor and the book of knowledge they got last season...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Imagine that. The Wolves and The Saviors somehow running around the same area loving with various groups but never running into each other.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

precision posted:

Z Nation is Legit Great, the season premiere was amazing

CERTIFIED LIVING

I enjoyed Z-nation and will watch again once more gets to Netflix.

Although, it was hard to get past the first 2 seasons that were basically all just bottle episodes that could be put in any order and still work because there is minimal plot that goes beyond any episode other than get this guy to California via the dumbest routes possible.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Gabriel, "Man I'm on watch tonight"
Lady, "But aren't your eyes all sorts of hosed up?"
Gabriel, "Yea, but I can hear them frogs loving"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Why did they have a single rope holding up thousands of pounds worth of logs on the edge of a hill? Seems unsafe, don't think OSHA would approve.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They should reshoot the Walking Dead Season 1, but all the characters start with the experience they have now.

Kind of like an RPG where you can restart from the beginning with your same progress.

They'd probably just take over the entirety of Atlanta.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ozmunkeh posted:

In case I missed something, the group most upset at the "no exceptions" lady are those who, without exception, murdered anybody who washed up on their beach, right?

Turns out those people really like killing people. Especially those that trespass against them, or on their land.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A dialog summary of the first 3 episodes...

We're gonna make this work
No this shits not gonna work
Look, we'll make it work
Na, gently caress those assholes
Look, we'll make it work
Look, we'll make it work
Look, we'll make it work

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

JazzFlight posted:

By the way, I'm certainly not saying that all Asian male actors look alike, but was anyone distracted by "not-Glenn" seated next to Maggie while they were driving the cart? Why would they cast an Asian actor who has a goatee and similar haircut to Glenn and put him right next to Maggie in a scene? Just a little weird.

It's there way of replacing Glenn by giving Maggie a new Asian gently caress boi.

Also they are saying, Maggie just really likes Asian dudes.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

precision posted:

Better than season 8 but I hesitate to use the word "good".

So according to the ad campaign, Rick only has 2 more episodes? Does that mean they're doing a split season and we get a whole half season of "man I sure wish Rick was here"?

Well they always do a split season of TWD, but at least Rick dying isn't going to be a cliff hanger between the two halves...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Astroman posted:

I legit thought that the "downfall and death of Rick, probably at the hands of Maggie and Daryl" would be due to Rick getting powertrippy or becoming an rear end in a top hat. But unless he takes a real face/heel turn in the next two episodes, he seems like he's completely right and is being a good leader and peacemaker. It's the assholes who are going to kill him and ruin it for everyone.

Unless he just walks face first into a zombie or something. :shrug:

Rick is going to get bit trying to save Negan from zombies after Daryl and Maggie accidentally let him free.

(Probably not an actual spoiler)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So they are gonna have Rick die like a bitch and leave a cliffhanger about what's going on at Carol's came that now nobody will really care about because Rick.

Not only is the hole dumb, the fact that there is a random hole and never had a zombie fall in it until there was a gunshot 10 miles away is astounding.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

the guy right here posted:

Why was Rick in such a hurry to pull Daryl out of the hole?

He kept yelling at him to hurry even though he was like 10 feet above the zombies in the hole and there were no other zombies around. It was the silliest fake-tension thing the show has done in a while.

No, didn't you see, there were zombies on them the second they got out of the hole! Got em out in the nick of time!

Through the magic of shoddy writing.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

precision posted:

One might say it was a...

..."plot" hole

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Remy Marathe posted:

Hey maybe Eugene's giant nerd brain can invent something to help humanity keep crows out of their tomatoes, wouldn't that be dramatic

You mean something that could scare crows? Like some sort of scarecrow? I dunno how that would be possible!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Has any show not tanked after losing the main protagonist? The Office lost half their viewers, Rosanne same thing. I just can’t imagine people continuing to watch the “B-team” and caring at all.

And that’s because the show doesn’t care about them either.

Yea, they seemed to handle killing Rick in the worst way possible for keeping the show going. Like maybe Daryl, Carol, and Maggie could have carried the show if Rick went out at a peak or something.

But going out in such a lovely fashion, that doesn't really move the story along with his death, kind of feels like a nail in the coffin for the show.

Like, Carl died, but they managed to write it so the story went forward a bit with his death.

Rick, just dies in the middle of no where, and they will have to do a Zombie Rick showing up somewhere for even the main characters to know he died...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

But maybe, The Walking Dead isn't just a show about zombies. It's a Zombie TV show that will keep on going long after it died inside.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CODChimera posted:

That pit was way too deep to be used solely for zombies. Basically we need a pit flash back episode.

Also after watching the gif it's clear that the horse definitely murdered Rick.

It was Negan's horse, and he specifically trained it in about 2 weeks to take Rick to that one spot and dump him.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

moist turtleneck posted:

poo poo that one cut off, here's a better one

https://i.imgur.com/ElXWmNJ.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/qj5pg8v.gifv

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Oct 31, 2018

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I feel this got last at the bottom of last page, so I am going to shamelessly repost it.

https://i.imgur.com/qj5pg8v.gifv

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Just what this show needed, another dumb teenager.

ed: What age is she even supposed to be at this point? Producers said two years total between societal collapse and the Negan War, Judith was born at the prison IIRC, so nearly 2?

She's 2 going on 5 I guess.

Seems kind of risky doing a 6 year time jump. Right now it's pretty easy to just get a new kid actor to be Judith every season or two. Not as easy with a 10 year old that might actually contribute to the story.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also, if the producers are truly saying it's only been 2 years. Someone should do a timelapse of Carl over the "2 year" span and put it on YouTube. Kid went from like 8 to 16.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I just want Rick to wake up in the hospital. Shane and everyone is there and it was all just a fever dream.

That or aliens.

And then it starts all over again and it's actually happening. But now Rick is like, "Guys I know what's coming, lets do this poo poo"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hey look, Rick is getting saved -> 6 year time jump -> preview shows that basically nobody died in a 6 year span of time... In a zombie apocalypse where people die drat near every month when there is a camera on them...

Also,

Rick, "Gotta lead the zombies away to save the bridge" -> Falls on some rebar that magically has some other rebar he can use to pull himself off of, "Alright lets lead all the zombies back to the bridge"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If there's human meat, the zombies don't care about horse meat. Obviously.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Johnny Truant posted:

the horse was just chillin every time Rick passed out and then had to escape. just milling around, not reacting to the herd of zombies that caused it to buck in the first place

Naturally, thet horse understood, it was only in danger with Rick on its back.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just Chamber posted:

Lmao just caught this, so the zombies can talk now huh? Christ yea why not? gently caress it i'm waiting for them to introduce some left4dead type zombies to keep this show "fresh".

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Feenix posted:

Why does that hat magically fit her head?

Why is that hat so loving clean?

Why does she act like she just looked down and found a new loving hat?

Well, its been like 6 years. I'm sure its not the first time she put on that hat. Like maybe someone fitted it for her?