Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'd like to see them at least try to explain how Negan was able to build up his gang to begin with. If he treated people like this all the time, surely all of them must at least deep down want revenge on him for killing their family/friends. Was he nicer and reasonable early on? Like you can't become some feared dictator type if you're just some guy on your own with a bat going around telling people you own them, someone would just shoot him.

I'm sure the answer is just comic book poo poo and he just happened upon a lot of groups like the wolves who are cartoonishly ~evil~ for no reason and chose him as the leader, but the existence of his group seems contrived to me, even for this show where basically everything is severely contrived.

Yeah. I'm having a hard time buying that this kind of group can exist and thrive. They're very very bad people. It would be so easy for someone to kill Negan. I'm sure there are some crazies in their ranks, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Anyone who makes reaction videos is horrible, subject doesn't matter.

But my nigga Ned...

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

As coyo7e said, it was probably a gently caress you not an attempted poisoning, and, once again, if the food you give the Saviours makes them sick, I don't think they're gonna be happy about that. I think they'll bash someones' brain in or make you Abraham and Isaac a kid

Didn't they spell this out in the episode? They said the walker was to fatten up the pigs. Then the Savior guy commented on how they looked bigger.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

IMB posted:

Wait a sec, where the gently caress is Judith?

They left her back at Alexandria with Gabriel in charge.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm just glad that it's not just Rick's group that has a stupid Goon

I hope they get some scenes together.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

JohnCrichton posted:

Yea but pinoys aren't really asian.

Isn't the Philippines considered a Southeast Asian country?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

He's the son of the sheriff, never learned how to hotwire a car.

My dad was a cop. He was supposed to show me how to hotwire a car?? Man, he slacked off.

Where are the holiday specials? I grew up in the 80s. Every show should have a Thanksgiving themed episode and definitely a Christmas episode.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

It's Sharknado if you replace Sharknados with zombies. C-level special effects, everyone hamming up the performances, any sense of realism out the window in favor of absurdity. It can be fun if that's your thing, but other than the undead it's a completely different show.

Didn't they even have a literal Z-nado in one episode?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

I know I shouldn't really be over thinking this, but what are the distances here? How far away from Alexandria is the coast?

They were driving around for 2 weeks. They got to the ocean. Then she WALKED back? Through overgrown fields? How long would that have taken her?

How long between the satellite killing and when they finally encountered Negan? Then it was less than a week until Negan came to get his plunder.

Yeah, I'm over thinking this. I should remind myself it's just a show and I should really just relax.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Negan really went soft on Rick's group. I wonder how viciously the fishing group fought against Negan. Whatever they did resulted in every male being killed. Rick completely slaughtered one of Negan's outposts and Negan's punishment was to randomly kill one of them.

The man doesn't seem to be consistent with his punishments. That's no way to treat your children.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

What was the deal with Jesus at the end? He made it to the compound on foot then got on top of one of the trucks as it was leaving, then disappeared? Logically, I would think he jumped into the truck to ride back out of there. But hell, considering this show, he might have just jumped down and is hiding in the zombie moat. And Daryl noticed him, but the guys on the look out roof didn't? Whatever the hell happened there was poorly narrated, I think.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Eyochigan posted:

You can say I have hosed up views about women but that doesn't make it true. I infact love women. I love people in general.

Ok, Donald. Whatever you say.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

Except there's a problem. The show runners treated the plane as if it just crashed - there was a wounded guy in one of the seats with a spike through him still bleeding out, because it was such a recent crash, in fact. Though there's a problem. The show had progressed around a month or two by that point, so, the chain of events with this airplane are:

That was a different plane.

You are bad at watching TV.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

No dude, you are bad at watching TV. That was the same plane.

My apologies. You were right, I was wrong. They are stupid at making a show.

You're still silly for thinking there is something between Rosita and Sasha.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think this poorly edited gif is implying they should have taken out the actual sirens before that guy could pull the alarm.

Shot in the dark.

Back in the prison season, "who set off the alarm" was quite the speculation, with some speculation being very stupid. This was a joke referencing that.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

John F Bennett posted:

Was it 'up, up' or 'up, up, up'?

I thought I heard three ups, can someone confirm.

It was the up, up, up.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

The controversy of the "Eeny meeny miny moe" t-shirt.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/walking-dead-star-slams-t-shirt-controversy-%E2%80%98people-are-stupid%E2%80%99/ar-AAngppf?li=BBnb7Kz

cjg fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 23, 2017

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

While I appreciate some old school They Might Be Giants, it seemed a little out of place.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

Phalanx Out! is not a reasonable line because:

A) They were not forming a Phalanx.
B) They were not in any kind of formation.
C) They were in a gunfight.

Wasn't that just a codename?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

John F Bennett posted:

I'm wondering about the rest of the world.

I've wondered that, too.

Screw the suck rear end comics. Get some good writers. Have each season be a short, self contained view of a different location. Maybe it's focused on one person or maybe on a group. They gotta just drift away from these current characters. They're not interesting anymore.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Varg posted:

because zombies gain superhuman strength in random situations while also having rotten limbs that just fall off in other situations because....?

And being inside a tight vent like that gives you all the extra leverage you need.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

BonoMan posted:

I love how drywall has the force needed to resist a human body enough to cause it to fold backwards.

One minute he's busting through it with his hands, the next....well...yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Since Daryl isn't in the comics, going forward, Rick is gonna adopt Daryl and he'll take Carl's place in where Carl would've been.

DOORRRRAAALLLL!