Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

People on the internet got mad at her for being fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yea coercing someone to have sex with you against their will is like the definition of rape.

And the line "I could even put you all on the same job" HEAVILY implies zombie wall. "One way or another, everyone works for me."

No, the person who has beaten in the skulls of ~50 people is not a "good guy".

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

"If you gently caress only me I won't brand your husband's face with a red hot iron" isn't "special treatment" :wtc:. I think this is one of those scenarios that says more about the viewer than the scenario.

Negan's version of choice is "do what I want you to do or suffer/die". He has made that abundantly clear.

I mean, I'm a fan of cute and stupid little theories about TV shows but this one doesn't haul a lot of water.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yea the illusion of choice, wherein the options are "live" or "die" still means coercion still means rape still means I can't believe I have to be explaining why Negan is the bad guy here still means good god what is wrong with my life.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yes, because Negan allowing women to go back to their old husbands without any repercussions is entirely in character.

And yes. When people who work for points have already been shown to be willing to run away and, upon capture, beg for death, the choices are indeed "life" or "death". Among all the other reasons that make Negan a terrible, no good, very bad person, "rapist" is deffo on the list. Or were the tears of the teenaged "wife" tears of joy, and the rest of the sullen, ashen, graven looks on his "wives" just them being sad he couldn't spend more time with them?

You're weird, man.

The bigger play here is that if Negan's aversion to sexual violence in the comics is retained that Negan himself gets to decide what is or isn't sexual violence according to his own self-interest. Which is entirely within character for him.

Stickarts fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 7, 2016

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

lol

Tell me more about how this is analogous to taking advantage of strippers.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

What a ho.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Maybe the women in TWD just need to learn to bootstrap better.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Poe's Law.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

We don't need to conflate your comments with Negan's to be uncomfortable with them. And nor does your saying "I'm not Negan!" make your comments any less weird.

Show is trashy. Comics are garbage. This thread is a perfect marriage of the two.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

No one gives a poo poo about your Negan!!! comics!!! stuff, because you keep saying things like this

Eyochigan posted:

I am not convinced that the "go back to husband" option means death or horrible jobs for loved ones. Everyone that thinks Negan is a rapist thinks he will kill them if they leave him. We're not having this argument anymore because we're not having the same discussion and that's ok.

and this

Eyochigan posted:

As far as I can tell, it's a bribe or prostitution, not coercion or slavery, because of the context where they actually have an option to leave without punishment. If they have a consequence for leaving Negan, or are forced to be his wife to begin with, that is rape.

even though multiple people have shown you why you're objectively wrong. Poster with the duck avatar seriously just did it and when you scan past that to continue weirdly misinterpreting rape it makes you read like an awfully maladjusted weirdo.

If this was just another "I don't think they're cannibals, guys" bit it would just be funny, but your ideas of consent - as revealed through this discussion - seem to be genuinely hosed up.

Eyochigan posted:

edit: Also. Negan is a pimp, and pimps, don't commit suicide.

Pimps are violent criminals and rapists. Hope this helps.

John F Bennett posted:

Who doesn't everyone wear leather in this zombieland? It's not like zombies have sharp diamond daggers for teeth, they're only human. I'm sure you can't bite through leather.

Dude, have you seen what they can do to a horse????

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

John F Bennett posted:

A horse hide hasn't been tanned, man.

There was that zombie that was chewing on Daryl's shoe while he was passed out in season 2. Maybe the characters need to start wearing shoes all over their body.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

moist turtleneck posted:

This is starting to read a lot like "the termites aren't cannibals, they haven't shown them flat out eating people yet"

The future is in your capable hands.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I really cannot comprehend what makes you think he isn't having sex with them. He calls them his wives, he keeps them in a harem environment and inflicts severe punishment if they have sex with someone who isn't him (albeit not on them directly). I mean, did you miss the part where one of his wives is testing for pregnancy? If they aren't having sex, why would they bother testing her?

I will not have you besmirch the goodly name of Negan with your rank and baseless accusations!!!

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Something is really wrong with you people. It is really disturbing how many of you are hoping for rape when there has been next to no evidence of th

at is what they are walking into.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yea no it's rape.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

This loving thread lol.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

This thread is killing me I am dying.

"gently caress me or I torture-kill people you love" != consent.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

yeah I eat rear end posted:

He's every type of comic villain wrapped up in one, why are there more than one people going to bat for him on whether he's raping or not? He is doing it. It is a fact.

Heh heh.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I slid my sick down your throat IN A TOTALLY CONSENSUAL WAY and you thanked me for it.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

You are all broken people.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

While my eyes were bleeding through the last 100 posts I kept thinking "well, at least weird Pokemon duder isn't here" and welp.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

When fat baldy was giggle-drooling all over Carl before "What ya gonna do now, sport?" did Carl ever formally withdraw his consent or was he just being a tease?

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Pretty definitive lack of a clear no from Carl there. Guess it wasn't rape.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Markorjoshua posted:

Did we figure out if that guy who was coercing women into sexual slavery via threats and intimidation was a rapist or not?

It's taught me any hypothetical daughter of mine is taking self-defence lessons from like the age of 4.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Curiously, "R" is missing from the index

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Pretty sure Rick has been operating uninsured vehicles for years now. What a hypocrite.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Actually I guess we have never seen Rick NOT in line to get his insurance renewed so it would be irresponsible of me to imply such things.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yea but does that extend to every single personal vehicle one sheriff might drive? We haven't seen a squad car driven by an officer since the hospital. Thankfully those law abiding citizens seemed to be doing pretty well for themselves.

Either way, now I'm worried that the DMV has been rendered toothless or seriously shirking its duties in-universe. Until we are shown definitive proof the DMV aren't just being underfunded in some tragic "starve the beast" situation, I just guess we will never know for certain. Because there is no way Carol's car, for instance, would have passed a safety. No wonder she had to sneak away; there's no way Rick would have declared that thing road worthy

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Maybe the most important theme of TWD is how important a strong federal government is to the success of a country. Obviously Washington got its swamp drained in the lead-up to the events of this documentary.

Stickarts fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Dec 8, 2016

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Guy Goodbody posted:

It'd suck if a cop stopped you in the middle of the street and said, "police emergency, I am commandeering this vehicle!" and then wrecked it in an exciting high-speed chase, and the police department didn't pay for it.

Well I certainly hope the secretary in charge of Rick's file is keeping on top of her paperwork.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Manic Mailman posted:

I want to see Negan tilting back and shifting his head after reading this thread .

Something tells me you will get your wish in not but 72+ hours.

Also, the cop misinterpretation is more consistent and accurate than half the posts in this thread.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Shut the gently caress up and let the creep-revealing derail die.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

References I don't get aren't funny.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Sigh.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

But yes you sure showed us. The terrified and bawling woman is certainly displaying unwavering consent without any degree of threat or coercion.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Bates posted:

I just watched "The Road" and what strikes me is that even in that ultra dreary and depressing movie they took time out to have scenes with the kid and father being happy and joking around. You know, because they are human beings. It's not two hours of people being depressed and slowly dying. That would be stupid and nobody would want to watch it.

Clearly you aren't a fan of roller skating.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

JDM is muchos ugly without the designer stubble.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Mismatched boot person was Shane, hid under a dumpster.

Do you even watch the show? It clearly was the person feeding rats to the zombies at the prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

And yea, Rosita could have spent maybe another oh I don't know 30 minutes scrounging and told Eugene "make me three bullets" instead and maybe she could have shot a couple pool balls or maybe the cue stick.