Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That last season is finally on netflix so I watched it and goddamn it just really seems like they are completely out of ideas. That was late era Dexter levels of bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

vintagepurple posted:

So I'm almost done watching this show on netflix and am I supposed to like or sympathize with Carol at all? She's a paranoid maniac and for every retarded badass stunt the writers give her there's a multi-episode plot arc where she causes lethal drama for no loving reason, and given her backstory I think they're trying to portray her as "strong"? Like every paranoid murder plot she endeavors on just causes problems. Why hasn't anyone executed her for the greater good? Also she transforms into Knife Badass overnight and with no real explanation. S6E13 and I am dying for these antagonists to cap Carol. I hate every second she is speaking. And apparently she's seen as a popular character? Woah look how strong she is for threatening to kidnap the abused child and abandon him to zombies.

Carol was an interesting character for about half of a season, years ago and she has been downright terrible before and ever since. I was so confused by her breakdown last season (admittedly I watched really half assedly) I thought it was supposed to be her trying to pull some bait and switch, and it was I guess but the character doesn't seem to be aware of that?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why don't people ride zombies?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Doesn't hurt that he pretty much looks exactly like Trevor.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

The acting on Fear is fine to good. The writing and directing is super terrible and I feel like an idiot for binging through season 2 recently.

Is it up for streaming anywhere right now? Terrible show but I'll watch it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd defiantly agree that the characters completely lack any sort of interesting personalities now. They are all just generic badasses who are occasionally given some sort of meltdown to keep poo poo interesting, whereas they mostly started out with pretty distinct character traits that are totally gone at this point.

Graduation into badassery seems to be the main theme of this show.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This universe has a long line of terrible characters but Chris from FTWD really beats all. He is just such a horrendous character and his actor is so loving bad good lord.

Suffering through season 2 right now because apparently I can't stop watching these dumb shows. FTWD is really a special breed of bad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'll probably still watch it when it hits streaming. I pretty much hate watch both shows at this point, but they remain entertaining if nothing else.

FTWD is such a weird show in that 90% of the characters actions is so baffling it feels like a fever dream to watch sometimes. I don't think anyone who's watched TWD at all is a stranger to yelling "why did you do that!?" at the TV, but FTWD is whole nother beast.

This is just one of many things but look at the Mexican mansion plot line. I can't think of one good reason that they blew the place up. it's total nonsense. The main characters are consistently the villains, but the show doesn't seem to realize this at all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it's possible. The show seems so tone deaf about it's own characters that I really can't tell tbh, at least at this point.

They really seem to want me to like the older Mexican guy, but he is like, completely loving evil...I don't get it. Madison I don't even know what to think. I can't even tell if she's supposed to be a villain.

I am completely shocked that at the end of season 2, the only character that is approaching being even remotely likable is Nick of all people , and he is nuts and nothing he does makes sense, but so is everyone else. So maybe he's not and the writers are just insane.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So FTWD is still in season 3 right now or is it over? I thought it was long over, but PSN has it on sale for $15 right now (tempting) and it says 8 eps with 18 to go?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This show has had a lot of lame villains but man, Neagan really takes the cake.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Been hate watching season 7 and just got to the thunder dome garbage dump weirdos and this is so stupid it almost comes full circle and makes this show good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really hope Morgan's lame rear end gets killed in season 7

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seriously what is supposed to be going on with the garbage dump people? Are they supposed to be mentally disabled?

Like, the weird mannerisms make sense in Mad Max to some degree but these people in TWD have been out of normal society for what, 6 years now?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh cool and the season resolved nothing and ended on another cliffhanger.

gently caress this terrible terrible show. I think I'm finally ready to stop bitching about TWD and and get proactive about not watching it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Remember when everyone was laughing about how ridiculous and out of place Michonne was with her sword and pet zombies? :lol: it was so tame compared to literally anything else about the show at this point.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just finishing up season 8 over the course of a slow painful month long Netflix watch, and it was one of the worst seasons of television I’ve ever seen. I have to admit Eugene sabotaging the bullets was pretty dope though. I have nothing else good to say about it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gortarius posted:

The babe Eugene has the hots for eventually kidnaps Eugene, calls hims piece of poo poo, Eugene then pukes on the babe and escapes by transforming into a mole and digging himself into the ground in 2 seconds.

This incident somehow makes Eugene hatch a diabolical plot to sabotage all the bullets he has made for the Saviours. He makes one revolver with good bullets and gives it to Negan to make him believe everything is going according to plan.

Rick makes a super stupid plan and also falls into Negans trap both at the same time where Rick and friends are out in the open down in some valley, while all of Negans guys jump up from behind the hills with assault rifles.

Just as the series should've ended right there, satisfactorily, what happens instead is that ALL of the guns are fired simultaneously and they ALL explode, killing off ALL the saviours, except Negan and his closest henchmen.

Let me just dig up some season highlights for you so you don't have to watch any of it for real.

EDIT:

The worlds dumbest car chase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_jsHSbTKzY

Eugene's puke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFpyDp0IQtA

The saddest moment in human history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQITKtxElWo

Jim Carrey joins the fray in a series of unfathomably bad scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp44Y6LXnGE

Idiot stock gay guy tries the diplomatic approach of "starving in the woods" to form an alliance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QASaXnImfDo

A series of physical impossibilites and idiotic coreography:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsCV-rDrX9U

What the gently caress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huNjwzO4jGQ

After being in a car crash and being beaten up by Rick, Negan somehow wins this fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0MCPCA7QPs

Eugene's master stroke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaU8Ni5qBLE

I like this post. This is a good post. Wish I had just waited for it instead of watching all of season 8

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I still want to know why the gently caress the garbage woman talked like she was a caveman for two seasons and then just stopped after her people were wasted. I was honestly so confused by those guys. Like, I was trying to understand why the hell they spoke like they had brain damage in the first place, then at the end of season 8 you find out it was intentional. WHY!?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You. Make deal. we. go shooty shooty grunga. I have. Prince Valiant bowl cut. Fire burn!

Oh crap everyone died! Guess I'm just gonna talk normal now and I'm gonna get rid of the dumb haircut. My grand scheme of looking like a giant weirdo for no apparent reason has been foiled anyways.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Z nation looks like something a Youtuber would make from everything I've seen.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This show should have a scene with one of the background characters just flicking a zombies head with their finger, causing it's head to squish.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CODChimera posted:

So many bad memories bring brought back and its great. Anyone got a good memory of this show though?

The first episode. Maybe the whole first season, before I figured out how bad the show was but kept watching anyways. Beyond that just a bunch of unintentional comedy via bad acting, writing and SFX.

TBH it's the only show I've ever hate watched. I usually just stop watching something if it sucks but TWD always ropes me back in, by being such a persistent train wreck.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just started season 4 of Fear the Walking Dead and I am...so confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I actually had to dig around online to make sure I didn't accidentally miss an entire season, because it addresses literally nothing that happened at the end of season 3. Not to mention all of the TWD crossover stuff in the first episode.

Aside from how poorly all of that was handled it still seems a little bit better than the main show.