Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
This seems like just about the effort for an op that this show deserves at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

banned from Starbucks posted:

i havent seen this show since the black guy from the pilot came to whatever the hell town they were currently at. Is anyone from season 1 left?

Rick, Carl, Carol, Morgan, and Glenn are all alive as of the end of season 6. Pretty sure that's all of the season 1 cast that has made it this far, but I could be forgetting someone.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Wow. I have no clue how I forgot him. It took me a while to even remember Glenn admittedly, so I guess it's not that surprising I forgot at least one.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Marshmallow Blue posted:

So Negan's definitely chopping off Ricks right hand right? If you do one of those commas matter things it reads like.

Everyone's got a right hand, man. Unless, Oh did I just thunk yours?

Then he gets the idea to cut off ricks hand, voilla.

Kirkman's on record as saying that cutting off one of Rick's hands was pretty much the single stupidest thing he did in the comic because of how much if complicates doing pretty much anything with him. They're not going to hack his hand off in the TV show.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

Negan is ricks unconscious, HE IS STILL IN A COMA

I'd have an odd level of respect for this show if it just pulled a Next and had the entire thing turn out to be just a dream on Rick's part.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh poo poo. Swing number two coming.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Welp, rumors of Abraham and Glenn both eating it were true.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

That is some gruesome make up work too, holy poo poo.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Love the random rear end dude wielding a chainsaw in the background.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

The fffffuuuuck.

Also god drat, that snotbubble from Rick during it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Astroman posted:

High school drama teacher.

It would explain all his amateur theatrics, coordinated whistling which was clearly rehearsed, etc. :v:

Bonus points if this tied in with Ezekiel and his community theater work, explaining why the Kingdom seems to get such a nice deal comparatively.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I'm already hoping that Negan's Crew becomes the new Woodsbury citizenry for huge group of extra that almost immediately gets slaughtered next season.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

They already have, right? Satellite outpost, biker dudes on the highway, truckload that Carol sleeve-uzi'd, they're not getting a whole lot of screentime other than D and Negan. Fat Joe takes a close second place, though.

Well, I meant in the sense that Rick's group takes them in at the end of the season to show there's no hard feelings and then they get turned into ablative extras for the big dramatic start to the next season. Because god drat was it hilarious to have everyone wondering just how they were going to deal with all those Woodbury citizens on the show, only for the answer to be that they all get murdered on a bus.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Shitenshi posted:

Yup, thread is officially worse than the show.

IT's definitely gotten that way. Which is impressive given the overall quality of this season. Why the gently caress are we on like 5 pages or more of anyone at all trying to defend Negan as anything but a sleazy sexually exploitative and abusive piece of poo poo? What part of any of what we saw regarding his "wives" screamed anything but him being a sleazy, exploitative and abusive piece of poo poo regarding them? If anything the fact Negan himself supposedly has huge issues regarding rape yet perpetuates such a system is just further proof of what a complete piece of poo poo he is as a character. It's not as if it isn't common facet of rape culture for rapists not to think what they did is rape because it doesn't meet some super-specific criteria.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think the #1 problem with this whole generation and their general approach to topics is if they don't like the topic, instead of discussing it, they do one of four things:

1) Stick their fingers in their ears and ignore everything
2) Immediately attack the source of the things you don't like until it goes away
3) All of the above
4) Retreat to a place they can cry

When there's 3+ pages of rape talk, simply discussing the real world laws - with no agenda to use them to justify anyone, and in fact suggesting they need a revamp - is not being a rape apologist. But because people only read one or two hot button words and see red, they act as above.

Maybe the context of a creepy, abusive warlord with a harem of wives coerced into staying in said harem under threat/coercion isn't a really good one to try and discuss real world rape laws in. Or, you know, that trying to defend said creepy, abusive warlord under the context of "technically he didn't violate x law!" isn't a really good defense, and kind of makes you sound a bit creepy as well. Negan isn't a good character. He's a raging, abusive rear end in a top hat warlord. Trying to defend his actions on technicality of laws that no longer even exist in the show really isn't that flattering. Nor is trying to deflect blame to this idea that somehow the argument turning badly for the borderline to outright rape apologists is due to those gosh dern millennials being pansies that can't handle a little discussion on the finer points of rape related law.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oooh. A mysterious boot.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Jesus is coming in on Daryl letting off some steam.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Why do I get the feeling Spencer is about to gently caress things up for everyone?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Crap what did michonne just see! I turned my head for a split second

The compound, or at least a compound.

Bored posted:

Did Negan shave in the first 10 minutes of the show?

Yep!

And oh man. This is going to get really stupid and ugly in a hurry.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I'm pretty okay with Negan calling Spencer on his poo poo. Aaaand... promptly just disemboweled him. WELL.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

And there goes Rosita taking the shot. Lets see if we get bullshit magic snipers shooting the gun out of her hand.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

She hit Lucille.

WELP.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Rip Nerdmullet.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Orange Red Bull posted:

oh poo poo rick finally got his balls back

Now we just need Carol to get hers back too.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Seriously, who the gently caress is the boot dude? Why should we care?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Svanja posted:

Yesssss! I want to see Ricks reaction to Shiva.

"You didn't tell me he had a tiger."

All of them huddled up at the back of the room was hilarious.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

gently caress. Yes.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

If this episode gets Carol and Morgan back to murdering fuckers it's all worth it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

bobjr posted:

The next episode should be Morgan and Carol getting buff to just pound on Saviors.

So just this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExitLAP6F9U

Morgan is going to rip his loving head off.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Yuuup. Morgan's losing it again.

edit: Whoo, Merle on Talking Dead!

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 13, 2017

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Caper posted:

That just seemed really out of character. Like 2 or 3 seasons of Morgan's development undone really quickly...

I think he might actually kill himself, or be thinking about it

When he found the grave he sat in it and was about to cut his wrist. So he definitely thought about it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Please let this season and next be the Carol and Morgan Bloodlust Hour

Morgan sets the traps, Carol blows the back half of them to hell to drive the first half into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I haven't been paying too much attention to this thread since TWD's season finale, so I'm not sure if this came up: http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/frank-darabont-walking-dead-emails-rage-boils-over-1202494598/ Apparently production was a HUGE shitshow even in season 1.