Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I watch because I'm unhappy, and I'm unhappy because I watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Is it too much to hope that they use all of the footage and he kills them all?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

If they killed Abraham in the finale and Glenn in the opener it'd be as if they responded to how lame the finale was and not their original plan.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Cannot wait for the episode where they humanize Negan. Show WHY he became a terrible person and make it so the audience can empathize with him.

Hopefully I'll finally have given up on this show by then. Oh, my willpower.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Vitamin P posted:

2 for 2 on good episodes this season, my gosh.

This isn't the Black Mirror thread.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Finally watched the finale despite live watching the season. Just couldn't bring myself to watch it with so much other stuff on.

It was bad, real bad.

New season soon, eh? Can we please get 3-4 more 5 minute sessions of Negan pacing around being a bad boy with foul language? Really want more of that.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Wow, low energy premier.

Also, LOL that we can't even be assed to make a season 8 thread. This show doesn't deserve it TBH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Acacia REI posted:

Saw this comment on Reddit and it does make some sense:

"If I'm not mistaken, Rick talks about the broken glass theory that people generally feel safe when the glass around them is in one piece. This has me thinking about the last episode and the seemingly pointless act of wasting loads and loads of bullets to shatter the glass at Negan's compound. I think that Rick is trying to instill fear into the saviors, showing them that their world is able to be shattered at any moment by a madman. Overall I would imagine that the strategy is to persuade as many of the sanctuary dwellers to turn on Negan so that he is not nearly as powerful. "

Still sounds like a huge waste of ammo but whatever.

This show needs to stop trying to be so loving deep. They are not good at it and this genre doesn't want it. I'm watching campy zombie movies on AMC today and it's fantastic without all this "high thinking" they're trying.