Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

I can see the future. We pissed this game away with stupid penalties and not taking advantage of early turnover. Plus Perriman dropped a big pass would have given us the ball deep.

Wheels are coming off the wagon of the Ravens franchise. This team is gonna be mediocre at best for like a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm sorry Texans fans

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chichevache posted:

How do you feel about BoB right now?

There's not much on this team at all I feel good about

gently caress this team. gently caress football. gently caress sports

I honestly believe the Texans could have Rodgers at QB, David Johnson at RB, the Cowboys OL, Nuk Jordy and ODB, a healthy JJ Von Miller Richard Sherman or whoever else you want on defense and they'd still find a way to cock it up because Houston can't have anything nice except two NBA titles that no one considers valid because Jordan was gone

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 9, 2016

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Brockenstein posted:

I honestly believe the Texans could have Rodgers at QB, David Johnson at RB, the Cowboys OL, Nuk Jordy and ODB, a healthy JJ Von Miller Richard Sherman or whoever else you want on defense and they'd still find a way to cock it up because Houston can't have anything nice except two NBA titles that no one considers valid because Jordan was gone

Your team has a winning record

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Chichevache posted:

How do you feel about BoB right now?

I liked him but I really don't if these bad qb signings are him or Smith. Supposedly he didn't want Brock.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Your team has a winning record

Woohoo we beat the Bears and the Titans

Both real teams we've played have destroyed us

Brock Osweiler may be the worst starting QB (depth chart starting, not injury replacement starting) the Texans have ever had. Schaub was way better, Fitz and Hoyer were both probably better, and David Carr was arguably better but ruined by having no help

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Brockenstein posted:

Shut the gently caress up you entitled rear end

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

Shut the gently caress up you entitled rear end

Your team being a nuclear wasteland doesn't mean I can't be mad about mine being a dumpster fire dipshit

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Brockenstein posted:

Your team being a nuclear wasteland doesn't mean I can't be mad about mine being a dumpster fire dipshit

No matter what happens today your team will have a winning record and lead their division

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Brockenstein posted:

You can be mad but saying poo poo like oh the rockets won 2 titles but they don't count whoa is Houston sports we never win is loving retarded

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No matter what happens today your team will have a winning record and lead their division

True we are the king of poo poo Mountain

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sometimes you hef to be mad. This should be a safe space

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

You can be mad but saying poo poo like oh the rockets won 2 titles but they don't count whoa is Houston sports we never win is loving retarded

Woe*

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
JESUS CHRIST YOU STUPID IDIOT WHYYYYYY

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I'm sorry I'm bad at English

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Texans spent $72 million and somehow managed to downgrade from Brian Hoyer

That's impressive

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

one time the knee was down, and they acted like it weren't. and I came in here and just kept on yelling about unrelated topics like those were the reasons i was upset. But i was just hiding.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Benne posted:

The Texans spent $72 million and somehow managed to downgrade from Brian Hoyer

That's impressive

Technically "only" 36 because there's no way this clown isn't cut the second it's cap friendly to do so after the 2017 season

Woo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

And we all know how that ends *flashes back to January blowout*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

And we all know how that ends *flashes back to January blowout*

I don't think the Colts will win against whichever vastly superior wild card team they play but I don't think they'll get blown out either

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

I'm sorry I'm bad at English

It's ok, I dropped out of high school. :glomp:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Brockenstein posted:

Technically "only" 36 because there's no way this clown isn't cut the second it's cap friendly to do so after the 2017 season

Woo

Yeah but have you considered

He's really tall

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Benne posted:

Yeah but have you considered

He's really tall

Osweiler: really tall and lovely

Wilson: really short and good

Makes you think

Hope we draft a 5'6 QB next year

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Brockenstein posted:

Osweiler: really tall and lovely

Wilson: really short and good

Makes you think

Hope we draft a 5'6 QB next year

My mom always told me "short guys try harder". My dad is 6'3".

:barf:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Getting Mad About Footbal is protected by the Bill of Rights

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Chichevache posted:

My mom always told me "short guys try harder". My dad is 6'3".

:barf:
lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

today the dolphins lost to the titans and a "We want Moore!" chant echoed through HARD ROCK STADIUM

print the shirts

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

today the dolphins lost to the titans and a "We want Moore!" chant echoed through HARD ROCK STADIUM

print the shirts

Did you actually buy that shirt? Do you wear it often?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder may be overreacting but he's right, Osweiler is a really bad quarterback.

Throw Savage out there and see what's he's made of at this point. The Texans are 3-2 despite Osweiler, and it's extremely obvious to see that. It will catch up to them sooner or later.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

We've beaten one good team (thanks almost totally to the defense), two bad teams, and been destroyed by two elite teams. This is not a good football team and Savage is going to be a FA soon so might as well see what he has to offer. Almost anything would be better than Osweiler

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

Did you actually buy that shirt? Do you wear it often?

yeah i bought it but i am waiting for a special occasion to wear it

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've seen enough passes turf'd to wide open receiver to know there is no hope with Osweiler.

He is, shall we say, shook.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Osweiler is so bad he can't even complete passes to DeAndre Hopkins

That's pretty bad because you really just have to get a pass within ten feet of him and not throw it directly to the defender to complete passes to him

A mixture of Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, TJ Yates and Brandon Weeden were able to get Nuk to 1521 yards and 11 TD

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Osweiler is so bad that I look back to the David Carr years in a positive light

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I still think David Carr would have been good if not for having the worst OL in the league and only a single worthwhile skill position player alongside him through his career

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Please tell me the Ravens didn't extend Flacco's contract. We have GOT to move on. He isn't going to get any better. He can't read the field fast enough and any pressure at all ruins him. His accuracy downfield sucks. He's not a good player. I don't criticize the team for signing him to that huge deal after his big postseason. But I do criticize them if we keep him around these days just because of that. He is not good.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Up to this point in the year Osweiler may legitimately be the worst quarterback I've ever seen play for the Texans.

I looked back at the historical numbers...and I fear I may be right, Intruder.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He's definitely the worst regular starter, I don't know if he's the worst ever

I mean we did have Weeden start a game

We had Delhomme post-Cardinals playoff meltdown start a game

We had Leinart start a game

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The only starting QB the Texans have had with a worse QB rating is Dave Ragone.

Dave. loving. Ragone.

Carr's was higher. Yates was higher.

RYAN MALLET'S WAS HIGHER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Todd Bowles is such a loving cowardly coach. 10 minutes left, 4th and inches, down 2 scores, punt. Defense gets a lucky rear end turnover after the Steelers effortlessly get in scoring range. Offense stalls out at midfield, 4th and 2, still down 2 scores, punt. You need to score points to win, you can't be playing around your opponent's starting field position late in the 4th quarter when you're down 9 points. He also needs to fire whoever is giving him challenge advice because we lose every god drat time.

• Locked thread