Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

SpaceMonkey posted:

More codes incoming.

I took the bottom one!

Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Go back to your containment thread and get banned again dumbass. The fact that the people from that thread are starting to stalk me across multiple threads is getting creepy as gently caress.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 19, 2016

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Codes 4-7 were lurked, and I took code 3. Thanks!

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Here's some free rockstar codes. May have some totinos zombie gnasher codes soon, a coworker goes through several boxes a week (it's horrifying).
Call em out as you claim them, etc. May have some more, depends on if I sell the game or not. I'm currently on the fence about it. I like it, it's fun because it's gears...but I fell im love with titanfall 2 so gears is getting dusty
Enjoy

2wl629 cvk648

Hpf8p6 xr6xc9

2hwp87 pcf9xr

2tjv4w c3vw2j

66tnk9. F28vkp

N5x76h. N563ck

SpaceMonkey
Jul 11, 2006
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
More codes

9XCQY-29RMC-KMCG3-J4W37-2WJ6Z

X4VKK-2MPTJ-XRMR4-CHPGR-Q6W9Z

9XK6J-36TPJ-9MXYD-KD9XV-V6KRZ

33HWM-Q2377-3DFXY-W6FV2-RCPVZ

I saved 3 if these get lurked, send me pm if you didn't get one.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

SpaceMonkey posted:

I grabbed the 4th above.

empathe fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 28, 2016

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I picked this up this weekend during the Black Friday sales. I don't have live currently, and am about to go on a two week vacation, but when I get back I'm all for playing whatever with goons. Gamer tag is AhChaChaChaCha. Add me!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SpaceMonkey posted:

More codes

Thanks, I took the 3rd one.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...98c51b3b2/posts

CROSS PLAY TEST THIS WEEKEND I REPEAT CROSS PLAY TEST THIS WEEKEND. THERE IS A GOD

Also netcode analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?WgSh3GOeEmY

RBX fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 1, 2016

SpaceMonkey
Jul 11, 2006
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
This is probably the last dump of codes.
Enjoy!

JMYKY-X29DK-Q4F3W-YQRWT-VJCGZ

Y73PK-VDFMX-7CQ6F-PHGGD-9YQQZ

6K6KD-2W4F9-WHWHX-J9HGP-63PQZ

RXJ4K-3TGTT-XCDTH-X2TT2-DR9YZ

7TMTW-T7TG6-FH7QW-J3C7J-T329Z

JCGMJ-W36X9-XXFWY-966YC-2FX7Z

PMD7P-XDP42-JXVDP-RR64G-XQ7TZ

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

SpaceMonkey posted:

Enjoy!

JMYKY-X29DK-Q4F3W-YQRWT-VJCGZ

I took this one. Thanks!

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants
Grabbed Y73PK-VDFMX-7CQ6F-PHGGD-9YQQZ

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Made Changes to the OP, added videos and all GTs I saw. If I missed any post em up, I've played with a few of you but not alot. My friends list is filled with people dating to 2006 so its hard to remember you unless we play a lot.

Legacy packs are coming soon as some people have found out. That means Locust skins, old COG skins, and weapons. Maybe around Christmas or so??

SpaceMonkey posted:

Enjoy!

PMD7P-XDP42-JXVDP-RR64G-XQ7TZ

I took this one.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

SpaceMonkey posted:

More codes

9XCQY-29RMC-KMCG3-J4W37-2WJ6Z

X4VKK-2MPTJ-XRMR4-CHPGR-Q6W9Z

I snagged number two.

Hey, is anyone else having chat issues (I'm on PC and I can't hear anyone voice chatting)? I've enabled Gears to use my microphone via settings>privacy>microphone and I can see MY mic icon appear when talking but can't *hear* anyone.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tehinternet posted:

I snagged number two.

Hey, is anyone else having chat issues (I'm on PC and I can't hear anyone voice chatting)? I've enabled Gears to use my microphone via settings>privacy>microphone and I can see MY mic icon appear when talking but can't *hear* anyone.

Are your speakers/headset set as the default communications device? I assume since it's a MS game it takes this into consideration for the VoIP stuff.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's an Xbox thing. Happens for seemingly no reason. Earlier today me and my friend logged on as usual and we couldn't hear each other. We tried everything so we just played one match, I invited him to a party chat and it started working.

Happened to us at least 5 times last month.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Are your speakers/headset set as the default communications device? I assume since it's a MS game it takes this into consideration for the VoIP stuff.

Yeah, they work in every other game/app I use.

RBX posted:

It's an Xbox thing. Happens for seemingly no reason. Earlier today me and my friend logged on as usual and we couldn't hear each other. We tried everything so we just played one match, I invited him to a party chat and it started working.

Happened to us at least 5 times last month.

I think I remember this being a thing in games on the 360 forever ago. Thanks for the info. :)

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

So I've beaten the campaign on Insane and Horde mode is a lot of fun. The competitive multiplayer is just awful though. I'm used to everyone using the shotgun, it's always been a thing. But Jesus gently caress, it's ALL wall bouncing and gnashers all the time. There's no strategy beyond when to roll/bounce/shoot. It's disappointing, Gears 3 had some great mechanics to balance out the ALL SHOTGUNS ALL THE TIME stuff.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tehinternet posted:

So I've beaten the campaign on Insane and Horde mode is a lot of fun. The competitive multiplayer is just awful though. I'm used to everyone using the shotgun, it's always been a thing. But Jesus gently caress, it's ALL wall bouncing and gnashers all the time. There's no strategy beyond when to roll/bounce/shoot. It's disappointing, Gears 3 had some great mechanics to balance out the ALL SHOTGUNS ALL THE TIME stuff.

I'm glad I burned out on Gears 3 multiplayer pretty hard and still haven't tried and probably won't ever try Gears 4 competitive. That sounds like a loving mess.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm glad I burned out on Gears 3 multiplayer pretty hard and still haven't tried and probably won't ever try Gears 4 competitive. That sounds like a loving mess.

Yeah, five games -casual games at that- were enough to kill it for me. I don't blame people for using the gnasher, it's superior to everything else at the moment. Wish they'd go back to Gears 3 balancing, I remember that being a ton of fun. It won't happen because "pro gaming" has ruined it, but hey, at least Horde mode is still fun as hell.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

The Lancer is underpowered, and also not accurate enough IMO. Needs a buff to make all-gnashers all the time less viable.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

I enjoy the MP just fine but it will get more wall bouncey over time as the people sticking around are gonna be more try hard.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

I don't even mind the wall bouncing -don't get me wrong, it's an awful mechanic but it's been in Gears the whole time, I can deal- it's how anemic all the other starter guns are by comparison.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tehinternet posted:

Yeah, five games -casual games at that- were enough to kill it for me. I don't blame people for using the gnasher, it's superior to everything else at the moment. Wish they'd go back to Gears 3 balancing, I remember that being a ton of fun. It won't happen because "pro gaming" has ruined it, but hey, at least Horde mode is still fun as hell.

I feel you, Gears 3 was the pinnacle of Gears MP and it's a shame this game doesn't follow in its footsteps but between Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 I have enough shooters to keep me busy that I don't think I'll mind never touching the MP. Love Horde though.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I haven't liked the gameplay of the series as much as I did in one. Everything like keep adding fucks with the balance. Grenade tagging, making wall bouncing faster (in one it wasnt as over bearing), respawns, team deathmatch, big weapons like the machine gun, and loving sawn off shotgun. The whole point was close up intimate battles and the series has gone further from that with every entry. I still love it but I wish they didn't go down this road.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

RBX posted:

and loving sawn off shotgun.

Oh god I forgot about that... it did give scrubs a chance to luck into a kill with a huge penalty on reload, but yeah fuuuuuck that gun.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sawed off loving owned, nothing like gibbing 4 assholes in annex at once.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That would be cool in other games but not in Gears. Clutching a 4 peice on a hill is much better

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

These new maps are bad further shows they don't know what they're doing. Snipers on every map, machine gun turrets and rocket launchers over looking everything. Big open spaces.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

RBX posted:

I haven't liked the gameplay of the series as much as I did in one. Everything like keep adding fucks with the balance. Grenade tagging, making wall bouncing faster (in one it wasnt as over bearing), respawns, team deathmatch, big weapons like the machine gun, and loving sawn off shotgun. The whole point was close up intimate battles and the series has gone further from that with every entry. I still love it but I wish they didn't go down this road.

If Gears one had the hit detection (remember how loving awful host advantage was in that?) of the later games, I'd agree 100%. The first Gears owned... and it had some goddamn GOOD maps.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I felt like Gears 3 was the best in terms of shotgun/other gun balance. If you were a great shotgun user you could slide around and gib people like you always could, but it wasn't impossible to use the lancer to control zones or gun down people who were openly rushing at you. The sawn-off made me mad for the first week or two, but it's really just a training wheels weapon and most people using it could be outplayed just through better positioning.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Title Update 3: January 10th 2017
XB1 - ~7GB // Win10 ~ 9GB

Title Update 3 for Gears of War 4 is releasing ~10am PDT on January 10th 2017. Note: There may be disruption from 9am PDT onwards as we transition to this new Title Update. We recommend not starting any extended gameplay sessions near this time.

Series 2 Release and Two Maps
New Maps
This month, two fan-favorite maps come to life in Gears of War 4: Blood Drive and Clocktower!

Blending together the best of Gears 2’s original take and the Gears 3’s re-imagining, Blood Drive in Gears of War 4 brings back intense, center-map pillar fights with the improved flow of its refined sibling. Spawn at the Diner or the Morgue, then head to the city streets to battle it out over the Longshot and Overkill.

Clocktower also returns to Gears of War 4, re-imagined as the stunning Bank of Bronn as its slowly claimed by the Swarm. The imposing classic Gears architecture brings back memories of the battles you know and love, from the intense close-quarters combat in the lower streets to the Lancer-heavy crossfire at the Bank entrance.
Both maps are available to Season Pass holders in the Developer Playlist today (including Double XP and 20% more Credits), and will be available for free for everyone in Public Play starting January 17th! We'll announce the new map rotation next week when these maps arrive in Public Play for all.

Season Pass Series 2 Airdrop and Weekly Bounties
Since release, we’ve been working on adding even more value for our Gears of War 4 Season Pass Holders. Beginning in December, we added a Double XP and a 20% Credit Earn boost to the Developer Playlist to give Season Pass holders more every month.

Today, we’re excited to announce the Series 2 Airdrop for Season Pass holders! Coming this January, this special Season Pass Airdrop is loaded with twenty Gear Packs containing sixty random cards from the Series 2 Characters and Weapon Skins, giving you a head start on building your new collection of content.

This new Airdrop will be awarded on January 13th to anyone who has purchased the Gears of War 4 Season Pass, and instantly to any new Season Pass holders from that date onward. In addition, Season Pass holders will also now be able to log in and claim a bonus Bounty Gear Pack every Friday!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Series 2 content will be Craftable once you download the Title Update, but will not be available in Gear Packs for a few hours following the update. If you are looking to acquire new Series 2 content, please withhold from buying Gear Packs until we confirm the Cards are available in the pool.

Combatting Quitters – Phase 1
Combatting quitting has been a top priority for us at the studio. We’ve been working hard since launch to introduce new punitive measures in Gears of War 4 that encourage staying to the end of the match and actively participating in Core and Competitive play.

As of TU3, we’re introducing new features as a first phase of updates to combat quitting in Core / Competitive. As of this update, players who quit a Core or Competitive Match will now be suspended from all matchmaking of any kind for a limited time to discourage drop out behavior – with the biggest time punishments going to the first player to quit the match. In addition, the more you quit, the longer the suspension you will receive from playing matchmaking.

If your connection temporarily dropped or your pet tripped the power cable, all is not lost. Players can rejoin the match they left (provided it’s still in progress) for up to 5 minutes from the time they quit through a new ‘Rejoin Match’ option in the main Versus menu. Rejoining and completing the match will result in no penalties.

With these new features, we hope to see a major improvement in player mentality to committing to a match in Core and Competitive. We have further quit penalty and balanced match features in the works – including Core/Competitive pre-game lobbies – coming in future Title Updates to further improve the online experience.

- Players leaving a Core/Competitive game early will now be suspended from matchmaking
- Players can rejoin a Core/Competitive match within 5 minutes of being dropped or quitting from an option in the main Versus menu
- Rejoining and completing a match will remove the matchmaking suspension time
- Added functionality to display matchmaking suspension time (including to your Squad Leader). You will not be able to matchmake if your Squad contains a suspended user until their suspension has completed.

Spectator Mode Improvements
As we enter 2017 to continue the huge season of Gears of War 4 eSports ahead, a small part of our team have been working on improvements to the Spectator Mode experience for viewers and casters.

This latest update brings far more information for viewers to follow the action, while reducing the real estate taken up by Player Cards to make them more viable for use when streaming tournaments. We’re excited to see what fans and casters think of these improvements over the coming months!

- Player Cards have been re-designed to take up less visual space
- Player ammo and reloads are now visible in the Spectator Mode UI
- Crosshairs are now visible to Spectators
- Respawn timers are now displayed on Player Cards
- Weapons holstered onto a player’s back can now be seen in Spectator Mode
- ‘K’ keyboard button now removes spectator inputs UI and/or the black bar altogether
- ‘L’ keyboard button toggles Player Cards to the far edges of the screen or normal positioning
- ‘V’, ‘B’ and ‘N’ keyboard buttons now jump to specific Escalation hill battle cameras
- Fixed an issue with X-Ray vision not rendering as intended
- Made X-Ray a ‘toggle’ rather than ‘Press-And-Hold’
- Fixed the ordering of players in Competitive UI to match the Lobby Order
- Pressing B while holding Jump Cam now cancels a pending Jump Cam
- Added new mapping for specific face buttons for specific camera modes, listed below:
Gamepad ‘A’, Keyboard ‘Z’ -> Switches to Player or Follow Cam. If already in Player Cam, switch to Follow Cam and vice versa. Last used mode is saved as your preference when switching back to Player/Follow Cam from other modes and when using the Jump Cam
Gamepad ‘X’, Keyboard ‘X’ -> Switch to Ghost Cam
Gamepad ‘Y’, Keyboard ‘C’ -> Switch to Battle Cam
Other Fixes
- Skill ranking will now be visible again at the end of match scoreboard
- Added ‘Spawns Swapped’ UI when spawns flip in Versus
- Increased the Energy cost of the Hammer of Dawn Strike in Horde
- Increased Escalation Win and Loss bonuses
- Increased Escalation Win Bounty Rewards
- Tuned criteria and rewards for King of the Hill Bounties
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to teleport Energy to their position in Horde
- Squad Members can immediately see when they have been removed from a Squad
- The ‘Horde Skills’ UI Notification alerting you to new skills now works correctly
- Horde Skill cards can now be equipped and unequipped in the Horde Skills inventory
- Added UI notification to show new Cards in your collection when opening Gear Packs
- Improved UI on Turret Heat bar
- Improved performance when switching tabs in Card view menus
- Added slider to control how long text chat remains visible after a message
- The Longshot can no longer shoot through walls if positioned through a 90 degree corner
- Added a Duplicates Only filter to the Inventory Menu
- Fixed an issue where audio slowly cut out in Horde
- Fixed an issue allowing grenade effects to continue into the next round in Versus
- Removed an exploit allowing users to break the map boundaries in Horde on Foundation
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to respawn out of the map boundaries in Horde
- Fixed an issue where offline customization would reset if user changed characters
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements

We're continuing to work on lobbies for Core and Competitive in addition to more punitive measures for quitting and investigating tuning improvements. We can’t wait to deliver all this and more throughout 2017. Here’s to another year of Gears! We’ll see you online.

RBX fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 10, 2017

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

That's exciting but they need to increase the scrap and credits you get more.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

empathe posted:

That's exciting but they need to increase the scrap and credits you get more.

And let people join Horde in progress or set it to start halfway in, because every dropping at wave 10 or 20 because they finished their bounties sucks a whole lot.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

I wish they'd add some of the old Horde mode enemies in too. The "TOTALLY NOT THE HORDE" enemies are kind of boring.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

tehinternet posted:

I wish they'd add some of the old Horde mode enemies in too. The "TOTALLY NOT THE HORDE" enemies are kind of boring.

I'm a little surprised there weren't bonus rounds or something with the locust or the space russians from the prologue.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm a little surprised there weren't bonus rounds or something with the locust or the space russians from the prologue.

Oh poo poo yeah, I forgot about the Space Russians. Seems like it would be simple to slap Drone AI on them. *shrug*

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tehinternet posted:

Yeah, the DBs are loving terrible and it's terrible that 40% of the Campaign they're the only enemies. They really overused them. They're not fun to fight and worst of all, not fun to kill. Gears always provides a lot of visceral kills and blowing dudes up into chunks of meat or watching their head pop with that satisfying squish was the best. DBs don't offer that.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Hey have the devs said anything about getting Horde split-screen to work on PC eventually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah, the DBs are loving terrible and it's terrible that 40% of the Campaign they're the only enemies. They really overused them. They're not fun to fight and worst of all, not fun to kill. Gears always provides a lot of visceral kills and blowing dudes up into chunks of meat or watching their head pop with that satisfying squish was the best. DBs don't offer that.

ONE DEAD BOT isn't nearly as funny as ONE DEAD GRUB either.

e: looks like the servers are dead.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 15, 2017

• Locked thread