Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Clemson's our first team to get to 6-0 and become bowl eligible, and thus it means I now get to spend my Sunday's trying to figure out which one of these chucklefucks are going to screw up the least and play for a national championship. It's about as productive as slamming my dick in a door/watching the Lions gently caress up not making the playoffs or get a top 5 pick.

I used to write these huge spiels about how all bowls are wonderful and yet the whole system is corrupt but the thousand year Trumpenreich is upon us so nothing matters anymore. Let's watch some winter football in such luxurious locales as Shreveport and Mobile, and pray that no one gives two poo poo about playing defense. And that our most precious Popeyes Bahamas Bowl keeps it trill as poo poo.

Next post will have the list of who's eligible/ineligible, updated to the best of my abilities. I'll post my predictions every Sunday or so, and you're welcome to come along and be as wrong as I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
BOWL ELIGIBLE TEAMS (as of 11/26): 75

ACC - 11 (Clemson, Louisville, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Florida State, Pitt, Georgia Tech, Miami, NC State, Boston College, Wake Forest)
Big Ten - 10 (Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Penn State, Minnesota, Iowa, Maryland, Indiana, Northwestern)
Big 12 - 6 (Baylor, West Virginia, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, TCU)
Pac-12 - 6 (Washington, Utah, Colorado, Washington State, Stanford, USC)
SEC - 11 (Texas A&M, Alabama, Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vanderbilt)
AAC - 7 (South Florida, Houston, Temple, Tulsa, Memphis, Navy, UCF)
C-USA - 6 (Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee, Louisiana Tech, Old Dominion, Southern Miss, UTSA)
MAC - 6 (Western Michigan, Toledo, Ohio, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Miami Ohio!)
MWC - 6 (Boise State, San Diego State, Wyoming, Air Force, Colorado State, Hawai'i)
SB - 4 (Troy, App State, Idaho, Arkansas State)
Indep - 2 (BYU, Army)

APR POOL (5-7 TEAMS) (as of 11/26): 11

ACC - 0
Big Ten - 0
Big 12 - 2 (Texas, Texas Tech)
Pac-12 - 2 (Cal, Arizona State)
SEC - 2 (Mississippi State, Ole Miss)
AAC - 1 (SMU)
C-USA - 1 (North Texas)
MAC - 2 (Akron, Northern Illinois)
MWC - 1 (Nevada)
SB - 0
Indep - 0

BOWL INELIGIBLE TEAMS (as of 11/25): 37

ACC - 3 (Virginia, Syracuse, Duke)
Big Ten - 4 (Rutgers, Michigan State, Illinois, Purdue)
Big 12 - 2 (Iowa State, Kansas)
Pac-12 - 4 (Arizona, Oregon State, Oregon, UCLA)
SEC - 1 (Missouri)
AAC - 3 (UConn, ECU, Tulane)
C-USA - 6 (FAU, Rice, FIU, Marshall, UTEP, Charlotte)
MAC - 4 (Bowling Green, Buffalo, Kent State, Ball State)
MWC - 3 (Fresno State, San Jose State, Utah State)
SB - 5 (Georgia State, New Mexico State, Texas State, Georgia Southern, Louisiana-Monroe)
Indep - 2 (UMass, Notre Dame)

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 27, 2016

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Player swag bags for this one will probably disappoint.

Any other new/changed bowls?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I don't think there's any other name changes. I think there's some sponsor changes (Royal Purple no longer sponsoring Vegas, Nova Home Loans sponsoring Arizona Bowl), but rip godaddy bowl.

There's also a MEAC v. SWAC game that calls itself a bowl but doesn't really count, but you should still watch because the bands will loving bring it.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LLCoolJD posted:

Player swag bags for this one will probably disappoint.

Any other new/changed bowls?

It even looks generic. Like it's just called Bowl.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I just looked up the Bitcoin Bowl to find out what happened to it and apparently last year it had no sponsor? Just "St. Petersburg Bowl". :geno:

Maybe they made so much money in bitcoin that they don't need any more sponsors.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The BATTLEFROG Fiesta Bowl was funnier before I knew what BATTLEFROG was.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Pakled posted:

The BATTLEFROG Fiesta Bowl was funnier before I knew what BATTLEFROG was.

I would buy a t-shirt for a Battletoads bowl game.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

wa27 posted:

I just looked up the Bitcoin Bowl to find out what happened to it and apparently last year it had no sponsor? Just "St. Petersburg Bowl". :geno:

Maybe they made so much money in bitcoin that they don't need any more sponsors.

This is good for bitcoin because :butt:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Week 6 - Hurricane Matthew named ACC Defensive Player of the Week

Legend:
Bold = Eligible
Italics = Projected Eligible
Strike = Ineligible

I'll be doing this first week piece by piece since it takes a while to get everything setup, bear with me.

ACC

ATLANTIC
pre:
Clemson (3-0, 6-0)            NCST, @FSU, CUSE, PITT, @WAKE, SC          (8-0, 12-0)
Wake Forest (2-1, 5-1)        @FSU, ARMY, UVA, @LOU, CLEM, BC            (4-4, 8-4)
Louisville (2-1, 4-1)         DUKE, NCST, @UVA, @BC, WAKE, @HOU, UK      (7-1, 11-1)
NC State (1-0, 4-1)           @CLEM, @LOU, BC, FSU, @CUSE, MIA, @UNC     (2-6,5-7)
Florida State (1-2, 4-2)      WAKE, CLEM, @NCST, BC, @CUSE, UF           (5-3, 9-3)
Syracuse (0-2, 2-4)           VT, @BC, @CLEM, NCST, FSU, @PITT           (2-6,4-8)
Boston College (0-3, 3-3)     CUSE, @NCST, LOU, @FSU, UCONN, @WAKE       (0-8, 3-9)
The division is now Clemson's to lose, once again. They'll have a bye week before going to Tallahassee, and while FSU is capable of beating the Tigers I don't think they have the horses to do so. Louisville still has to get through Houston which won't be a cakewalk, but they're in good shape to get an Orange Bowl bid provided Clemson makes the playoff. I'm not sold on Wake Forest for obvious reasons, but games against Army, Virginia and BC means they should become bowl eligible for the first time since Arnold Palmer was on the PGA Tour or something like that. I'm selling NC State but if they win at Syracuse that changes everything for them, and Cuse will also be BC's best chance to finally get a conference win.

COASTAL
pre:
Virginia Tech (2-0, 4-1)      @CUSE, MIA, @PITT, @DUKE, GT, @ND, UVA     (8-0, 11-1)
North Carolina (2-1, 4-2)     @MIA, @UVA, GT, @DUKE, citadel, NCST       (6-2, 9-3)
Virginia (1-0, 2-3)           PITT, UNC, LOU, @WAKE, MIA, @GT, @VT       (1-7, 2-10)
Miami (1-1, 4-1)              UNC, @VT, @ND, PITT, @UVA, @NCST, DUKE     (6-2, 10-2)
Pitt (1-1, 4-2)               @UVA, VT, @MIA, @CLEM, DUKE, CUSE          (4-4, 7-5)
Georgia Tech (1-3, 3-3)       GSO, DUKE, @UNC, @VT, UVA, @UGA            (3-5, 6-6)
Duke (0-2, 3-3)               @LOU, @GT, VT, UNC, @PITT, @MIA            (0-8, 3-9)
I really don't think VT will go 8-0 in conference, and I'm looking at that Miami/@Pitt stretch that will trip them up, but I'm not willing to call either one right now and it still shouldn't be enough to keep the Hokies from winning the Coastal title. UNC played like trash in the hurricane and now need the Hokies to trip up twice, and needing to go to Miami this week doesn't help their cause any. I'm selling Virginia and buying Miami, more then I probably should. GT's got a shot to go bowling with wins over Georgia Souther/Virginia/Duke, but they've got no margin for error.

pre:
Notre Dame (2-4)     STAN, MIA, NAVY, ARMY, VT, @USC     (4-8)
For newcomers, I place Notre Dame here as they have access to the ACC's bowl package, although that may be moot this year. I think they get the service academies and Stanford/USC are vulnerable, but it really says something about the Irish's season where they have to win all four of those games just to be eligible for a lower-end ACC bowl.

ACC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 9: Clemson, Virginia Tech, Louisville, Miami, Florida State, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Pitt, Georgia Tech

BIG TEN

EAST
pre:
Michigan (3-0, 6-0)           ILL, @MSU, MARY, @IOWA, IND, @OSU           (8-1, 11-1)
Ohio State (2-0, 5-0)         @WIS, @PENN, NW, NEB, @MARY, @MSU, MICH     (9-0, 12-0)
Penn State (2-1, 4-2)         OSU, @PUR, IOWA, @IND, @RUT, MSU            (4-5, 6-6)
Maryland (1-1, 4-1)           MINN, MSU, @IND, @MICH, OSU, @NEB, RUT      (6-3, 9-3)
Indiana (1-1, 3-2)            NEB, @NW, MARY, @RUT, PENN, @MICH, PUR      (4-5, 6-6)
Michigan State (0-2, 2-3)     NW, @MARY, MICH, @ILL, RUT, OSU, @PENN      (3-6, 5-7)
Rutgers (0-3, 2-4)            ILL, @MINN, IND, @MSU, PENN, @MARY          (0-9, 2-10)
Michigan/Ohio State is for the division, and for all intents and purposes, for the playoff spot. Loser gets the Rose Bowl, which is a pretty nice consolation prize as far as thsoe go. I'm probably more bullish on Maryland and more bearish on Sparty than I need to be, but that looks to be the path for both. Penn State and Indiana both have paths for eligibility, but not a ton of room for error.

WEST
pre:
Nebraska (2-0, 5-0)         @IND, PUR, @WIS, @OSU, MINN, MARY, @IOWA    (6-3, 9-3)      
Iowa (2-1, 4-2)             @PUR, WIS, @PENN, MICH, @ILL, NEB           (4-5, 7-5)
Wisconsin (1-1, 4-1)        OSU, @IOWA, NEB, @NW, ILL, @PUR, MINN       (7-2, 10-2)
Purdue (1-1, 3-2)           IOWA, @NEB, PENN, @MINN, NW, WIS, @IND      (1-8, 3-9)
Northwestern (1-1, 2-3)     @MSU, IND, @OSU, WIS, @PUR, @MINN, ILL      (3-6, 4-8)
Minnesota (0-2, 3-2)        @MARY, RUT, @ILL, PUR, @NEB, NW, @WIS       (4-5, 7-5)
Illinois (0-1, 1-4)         @RUT, @MICH, MINN, MSU, @WIS, IOWA, @NW     (1-8, 2-10)
It's Nebraska vs. Wisconsin, and I'm favoring the Badgers more than the Huskers. Iowa's regressed back to their mean, but still have enough to make a bowl with some room to spare. Someone's gotta make a bowl between Purdue/Northwestern/Minnesota, so give me the Gophers. Illinois/Rutgers is going to be an abortion of a game and I pity whomever has to watch it.

Big Ten Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 9: Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Maryland, Iowa, Minnesota, Penn State, Indiana

Big 12

pre:
Baylor (2-0, 5-0)              KU, @TEX, TCU, @OK, KSU, TTU, @WVU            (6-3, 9-3)
Oklahoma (2-0, 3-2)            KSU, @TTU, KU, @ISU, BAY, @WVU, OKST          (9-0, 10-2)
Oklahoma State (2-1, 4-2)      @KU, WVU, @KSU, TTU, @TCU, @OK                (5-4, 7-5)
TCU (2-1, 4-2)                 @WVU, TTU, @BAY, OKST, @TEX, KSU              (8-1, 10-2)
West Virginia (1-0, 4-0)       @TTU, TCU, @OKST, KU, @TEX, OK, @ISU, BAY     (7-2, 10-2)
Kansas State (1-1, 3-2)        @OK, TEX, @ISU, OKST, @BAY, KU, @TCU          (4-5, 6-6)
Texas Tech (1-1, 3-2)          WVU, OK, @TCU, TEX, @OKST, @ISU, BAY          (3-6, 5-7)
Texas (0-2, 2-3)               ISU, @KSU, BAY, @TTU, WVU, @KU, TCU           (2-7, 4-8) 
Kansas (0-2, 1-4)              @BAY, OKST, @OK, @WVU, ISU, TEX, @KSU         (0-9, 1-11) 
Iowa State (0-3, 1-5)          @TEX, KSU, OK, @KU, TTU, WVU                  (1-8, 2-10)
I think Oklahoma runs the rest of the table, being as TCU was their toughest conference test and they've got enough to shut down Baylor and save us from the nightmare of Baylor being in the playoff. Then again, I don't think the Bears survive that Oklahoma/TCU stretch and that'll be enough to finish off the Big 12's playoff hopes. The Fightin' Bill Snyder's have enough winnable games to get to 6-6, but man the bottom of the conference is bad.

Big 12 Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 6: Oklahoma, TCU, West Virginia, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Kansas State

PAC-12

NORTH
pre:
Washington (3-0, 6-0)           ORST, @UTAH, @CAL, USC, ASU, @WSU             (9-0, 12-0)
Washington State (2-0, 3-2)     UCLA, @ASU, @ORST, ARIZ, CAL, @COL, WASH      (6-3, 7-5)
Stanford (2-2, 3-2)             @ND, COL, @ARIZ, ORST, @ORE, @CAL, RICE       (7-2, 10-2)
Oregon State (1-1, 2-3)         UTAH, @WASH, WSU, @STAN, @UCLA, ARIZ, ORE     (2-7, 2-10)
Cal (1-2, 3-3)                  ORE, @USC, WASH, @WSU, STAN, UCLA             (2-7, 4-8)
Oregon (0-3, 2-4)               @CAL, ASU, @USC, STAN, @UTAH, @ORST           (1-8, 3-9)
All the power runs through Washington, and while I'm looking at that date at Utah and the USC game as potential stumbling blocks, the way that they destroyed Stanford and Washington gives me confidence that the Huskies can run the table. Washington State's going to shoot themselves in the foot again because it's what they do, meaning that Stanford will most likely be the Pac-12 rep in the Rose Bowl. I'm down with the bottom falling out on Oregon, but they'll have enough to beat Oregon State and salvage a little bit of pride for the next coach.

SOUTH
pre:
Arizona State (2-1, 5-1)     @COL, WSU, @ORE, UTAH, @WASH, @ARIZ     (6-3, 9-3)
Utah (2-1, 5-1)              @ORST, @UCLA, WASH, @ASU, ORE, @COL     (6-3, 9-3)
Colorado (2-1, 4-2)          ASU, @STAN, UCLA, @ARIZ, WSU, UTAH      (5-4, 7-5)
USC (2-2, 3-3)               @ARIZ, CAL, ORE, @WASH, @UCLA, ND       (5-4, 7-5)
UCLA (1-2, 3-3)              @WSU, UTAH, @COL, ORST, USC, @CAL       (4-5, 6-6)
Arizona (0-3, 2-4)           USC, STAN, @WSU, COL, @ORST, ASU        (1-8, 3-9)
Good new for the Pac-12 South, all of your teams are so mediocre that they'll be able to beat each other up and a majority of them will make bowls! The bad news is that because all of them are so mediocre, if one of them manages to upset Washington it cost the Pac-12 a spot in the Playoff, which hurts everyone's wallets. Good on Colorado from finally getting out of their dumpster fire and straight to the land of Around .500.

Pac-12 Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 8: Washington, Stanford, Utah, Arizona State, USC, Washington State, Colorado, UCLA

SEC

EAST
pre:
Tennessee (2-1, 5-1)          BAMA, @SC, tenntech, UK, MIZZ, @VAN       (6-2, 10-2)
Florida (2-1, 4-1)            MIZZ, UGA, @ARK, SC, pres, @FSU           (6-1, 9-2)
Georgia (2-2, 4-2)            VAN, UF, @UK, AUB, ULL, GT                (6-2, 9-3)
Kentucky (2-2, 3-3)           MSST, @MIZZ, UGA, @TENN, peay, @LOU       (2-6, 4-8)
South Carolina (1-4, 2-4)     UMASS, TENN, MIZZ, @UF, wcu, @CLEM        (2-6, 5-7)
Missouri (0-2, 2-3)           @UF, MTSU, UK, @SC, VAN, @TENN, ARK       (1-7, 4-8)
Vanderbilt (0-3, 2-4)         @UGA, tennst, @AUB, @MIZZ, MISS, TENN     (0-8, 3-9)
Tennessee's run out of luck, and losing to Bama opens the door to the winner of the Cocktail Party, and a Florida win would mean they'd have to reschedule the Florida/LSU game since a Gator win would give them the East division. Otherwise, it's the usual three on top and the four on bottom, and none of the bottom four look like they'll be able to get anything together to threaten for a bowl spot.

WEST
pre:
Texas A&M (4-0, 6-0)             @BAMA, NMSU, @MSST, MISS, UTSA, LSU            (7-1, 11-1)
Alabama (3-0, 6-0)               @TENN, A&M, @LSU, MSST, chat, AUB              (8-0, 12-0)
Auburn (2-1, 4-2)                ARK, @MISS, VAN, @UGA, bama a&m, @BAMA         (4-4, 7-5)
LSU (2-1, 3-2)                   USM, MISS, BAMA, @ARK, USA, @A&M               (3-4, 6-5)
Ole Miss (1-1, 3-2)              @ARK, @LSU, AUB, GSO, @A&M, VAN, MSST          (6-2, 9-3)
Mississippi State (1-2, 2-3)     @BYU, @UK, samford, A&M, @BAMA, ARK, @MISS     (3-5, 6-6)
Arkansas (0-2, 4-2)              MISS, @AUB, UF, LSU, @MSST, @MIZZ              (0-8, 4-8)
Bama's got quite the gauntlet, and that A&M looms large but I think Bama's got enough to survive those two games, and from there it's relatively easy skating to the end. A&M's going to be in Sugar Bowl contention for sure, and Auburn/LSU/Ole Miss will be looking to catch anyone sleeping. Clanga/bert looks like it'll be a bowl eliminator and I think the bottom's going to fall out on bert, because the floor wasn't triple-reinforced.

SEC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 9: Alabama, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, Ole Miss, Auburn, Mississippi State, LSU

AMERICAN

EAST
pre:
South Florida (2-0, 5-1)     UCONN, @TEMPLE, NAVY, @MEM, @SMU, UCF              (6-2, 9-3)
UCF (1-0, 3-2)               TEMPLE, @UCONN, @HOU, TULANE, CIN, TULSA, @USF     (6-2, 8-4)
Temple (1-1, 3-3)            @UCF, USF, CIN, @UCONN, @TULANE, ECU               (4-4, 6-6)
UConn (1-2, 3-3)             @USF, UCF, @ECU, TEMPLE, @BC, TULANE               (4-4, 6-6)
East Carolina (0-2, 2-4)     NAVY, @CIN, UCONN, @TULSA, SMU, @TEMPLE            (1-7, 3-9)
Cincinnati (0-3, 3-3)        ECU, @TEMPLE, BYU, @UCF, MEM, @TULSA               (1-7, 4-8)
South Florida or bust I guess. I really don't like the idea of UCF going 8-4 but other than Houston and the Bulls I don't see any other obvious losses on their schedule. A pretty meh division.

WEST
pre:
Navy (3-0, 4-1)        @ECU, MEM, @USF, ND, TULSA, @SMU, ARMY            (7-1, 9-3)
Houston (2-1, 5-1)     TULSA, @SMU, UCF, TULANE, LOU, @MEM               (7-1, 10-2)
Memphis (1-0, 4-1)     @TULANE, @NAVY, TULSA, @SMU, USF, @CIN, HOU       (5-3, 8-4)
Tulsa (1-0, 4-1)       @HOU, TULANE, @MEM, ECU, @NAVY, @UCF, CIN         (3-5, 7-5)
Tulane (0-1, 3-2)      MEM, @TULSA, SMU, @UCF, @HOU, TEMPLE, @UCONN      (3-5, 5-7)
SMU (0-2, 2-4)         HOU, @TULANE, MEM, @ECU, USF, NAVY                (0-8, 2-10)
The Playoff dream is dead for Houston, and now they need to root for Memphis and USF to both get the Midshipmen, because a one-conference loss Navy team wins the division and denies Houston the Group of 5 spot. Memphis isn't dead by any means as well, but beating all three of Navy/USF/Houston might be too tall a task.

American Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 8: Houston, Navy, South Florida, UCF, Memphis, Tulsa, Temple, UConn

C-USA

EAST
pre:
Middle Tennessee (2-0, 4-1)   WKU, @MIZZ, @FIU, UTSA, @MAR, @CHA, FAU   (8-0, 10-2)
Old Dominion (2-0, 4-2)       @WKU, @UTEP, MAR, USM, @FAU, FIU          (6-2, 8-4)
FIU (2-0, 2-4)                @CHA, LTECH, MTSU, @WKU, MAR, @ODU        (4-4, 4-8)
Western Kentucky (1-1, 3-3)   @MTSU, ODU, @FAU, FIU, UNT, @MAR          (6-2, 8-4)
Charlotte (1-1, 2-4)          FIU, @MAR, @USM, RICE, MTSU, @UTSA        (2-6, 3-9)
Marshall (0-1, 1-4)           FAU, CHA, @USM, @ODU, MTSU, @FIU, WKU     (2-6, 3-9)
FAU (0-2, 1-5)                @MAR, WKU, @RICE, UTEP, ODU, @MTSU        (1-7, 2-10)
It's gone from a Marshall/WKU division to MTSU's to lose, and they may lose it against WKU. I'm not really buying the Blue Raiders, but they've got home field on the Hilltoppers this weekend, which is enough to push them over the top for me. Other than those two and ODU, no one else is worth talking about.

WEST
pre:
Southern Miss (2-1, 4-2)    @LSU, MAR, CHA, @ODU, @UNT, LATECH             (7-1, 9-3)
Louisiana Tech (2-1, 3-3)   @UMASS, @FIU, RICE, @UNT, UTSA, @USM           (6-2, 8-4)
North Texas (2-1, 3-3)      @ARMY, @UTSA, LATECH, @WKU, USM, @UTEP         (4-4, 5-7)
UTSA (1-1, 2-3)             @RICE, UTEP, UNT, @MTSU, @LATECH, @A&M, CHA    (4-4, 5-7)
UTEP (0-3, 1-5)             @UTSA, ODU, houbap, @FAU, @RICE, UNT           (1-7, 3-9)
Rice (0-3, 0-5)             UTSA, pva&m, @LATECH, FAU, @CHA, UTEP, @STAN   (0-8, 1-11)
Looks like it'll be between Southern Miss and LaTech again, and once more I'll give the edge to the Golden Eagles. North Texas/UTSA are an upset somewhere from eeking into eligibility, while UTEP/Rice will struggle along. Remember when Rice was respectable for a minute there? Me neither.

C-USA Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 5: Middle Tennessee, Southern Miss, Western Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Old Dominion

INDEPENDENTS

pre:
Army (3-2)    lafayette, UNT, @WAKE, AF, ND, morganst, NAVY   (6-6)
BYU (3-3)     MSST, @BOISE, @CIN, soutah, UMASS, UTAHST       (6-6)
UMass (1-5)   LATECH, @SC, wagner, @TROY, @BYU, @HAW          (2-10)
First, good on Army for even being in the position for me to say this: Army ain't bowling due to their schedule. You can only count one FCS win towards your eligibility, and Army's got two on their schedule here. I think the Black Knights can get UNT, so unless they've got an upset up their sleeves somewhere else (and Notre Dame taking the L would be glorious), they'll be .500 but not eligible. BYU looks like it'll come down to Utah State at the end of the year for them to make a bowl, and welcome to the life of the nomad UMass! Enjoy your stay, because it ain't uphill from here.

Independent Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 1: BYU

MAC

EAST
pre:
Akron (2-0, 4-2)           WMU, @BALL, @BUFF, TOL, BG, @OHIO          (5-3, 7-5)
Ohio (2-0, 4-2)            EMU, @KENT, @TOL, BUFF, @CMU, AKRON        (6-2, 8-4)
Kent State (1-1, 2-4)      @MOH, OHIO, @CMU, WMU, @BG, NIU            (3-5, 4-8)
Buffalo (0-1, 1-4)         BALL, @NIU, AKRON, @OHIO, MOH, @WMU, @BG   (1-7, 2-10)
Bowling Green (0-2, 1-5)   @TOL, MOH, @NIU, @AKRON, KENT, BUFF        (3-5, 4-8)
Miami Ohio (0-2, 0-6)      KENT, @BG, @EMU, CMU, @BUFF, BALL          (0-8, 0-12)
I don't want to buy Ohio, but I want to buy Akron even less. Regardless, someone has to win these games, especially the last one where they play each other, so give me the team that's at home and has leaned mediocre the past few years versus godawful to regular awful. As for the rest, I expected more out of Buffalo, and Miami is just a dead horse at this point.

WEST
pre:
Western Michigan (2-0, 6-0)    @AKRON, EMU, @BALL, @KENT, BUFF, TOL     (8-0, 12-0)
Toledo (1-0, 4-1)              BG, CMU, OHIO, @AKRON, NIU, BALL, @WMU   (7-1, 10-2)
Central Michigan (1-1, 4-2)    @NIU, @TOL, KENT, @MOH, OHIO, @EMU       (6-2, 9-3)
Eastern Michigan (1-1, 4-2)    @OHIO, @WMU, MOH, @BALL, NIU, CMU        (4-4, 7-5)
Northern Illinois (1-1, 1-5)   CMU, BUFF, BG, TOL, @EMU, @KENT          (4-4, 4-8)
Ball State (0-2, 3-3)          @BUFF, AKRON, WMU, EMU, @TOL, @MOH       (1-7, 4-8)
In a make or break season, the Boatrowers have stormed out of the gate and finally gotten ranked, but need help from Boise and Navy/USF taking some more L's to try and get ranked above the other potential G5 champs. Toledo and CMU are good teams but not at the Western level, and that we can genuinely say that Eastern Michigan is a potential bowl team is astounding to me. Hell, the worst team in the state of Michigan is Sparty, which is ridiculous. Not even funny.

MAC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 6: Western Michigan, Toledo, CMU, Ohio, Akron, Eastern Michigan

MOUNTAIN WEST

MOUNTAIN
pre:
Boise State (2-0, 5-0)      CSU, BYU, @WYO, SJST, @HAW, UNLV, @AF        (8-0, 12-0)
Wyoming (2-0, 4-2)          @NEV, BOISE, UTAHST, @UNLV, SDSU, @NM        (5-3, 7-5)
Air Force (1-1, 4-1)        NM, HAW, @FRESNO, @ARMY, CSU, @SJST, BOISE   (7-1, 10-2)
Colorado State (1-1, 3-3)   @BOISE, @UNLV, FRESNO, @AF, NM, SDSU         (4-4, 6-6)
New Mexico (1-1, 2-3)       AF, ULM, @HAW, NEV, @UTAHST, @CSU, WYO       (4-4, 5-7)
Utah State (0-3, 2-4)       FRESNO, SDSU, @WYO, NM, @NEV, @BYU           (1-7, 3-9)
Sun shines, grass grows, Boise wins the Mountain and probably the MWC and plays in a major bowl. Chair Force looks like they'll be their main competition at the end of the year, though I'm looking at that game at Wyoming that might be a stumbling block. CSU should limp in while the Lobos won't have enough to make it.

WEST
pre:
Hawai'i (2-0, 3-3)           UNLV, @AF, NM, @SDSU, BOISE, @FRESNO, UMASS    (5-3, 7-6)
San Diego State (1-0, 4-1)   @FRESNO, SJST, @UTAHST, HAW, @NEV, @WYO, CSU   (8-0, 11-1)
Nevada (1-1, 3-3)            @SJST, WYO, @NM, SDSU, UTAHST, @UNLV           (5-3, 7-5)
UNLV (1-1, 2-4)              @HAW, CSU, @SJST, WYO, @BOISE, NEV             (1-7, 2-10)
Fresno State (0-2, 1-5)      SDSU, @UTAHST, AF, @CSU, HAW, SJST             (1-7, 2-10)
San Jose State (0-2, 1-5)    NEV, @SDSU, UNLV, @BOISE, AF, @FRESNO          (1-7, 2-10)
Rainbow's, bitch. But as much as I want to call them winning the division, Boise/AF/SDSU is too tough a road to hoe. So I'm all-in on San Diego State again, until someone proves otherwise. Bottom of the West ain't good, y'all.

MWC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 7: Boise State, San Diego State, Air Force, Wyoming, Nevada, Hawai'i, Colorado State

SUN BELT

pre:
Troy (2-1, 4-1)                  GSU, @USA, UMASS, APP, ARKST, @TXST, @GSO        (5-3, 9-3)
Georgia Southern (2-1, 3-2)      @GT, @NMSU, APP, @MISS, ULL, GSU, TROY           (6-2, 7-5)
App State (1-0, 3-2)             @ULL, IDAHO, @GSO, TXST, @TROY, ULM, @NMST       (8-0, 10-2)
Arkansas State (1-0, 1-4)        USA, ULM, GSU, NMSU, @TROY, @ULL, @TXST          (7-1, 7-5)
Idaho (1-1, 3-3)                 NMSU, @APP, @ULL, @TXST, USA, GSU                (4-4, 6-6)
Louisiana-Lafayette (1-1, 2-3)   APP, @TXST, IDAHO, GSO, @UGA, ARKST, @ULM        (2-6, 3-9)
New Mexico State (1-1, 2-3)      @IDAHO, GSO, @A&M, @ARKST, TXST, APP, @USA       (3-5, 4-8)
Georgia State (1-1, 1-4)         @TROY, utmartin, @USA, ARKST, ULM, GSO, @IDAHO   (4-4, 4-8)
Texas State (0-1, 2-3)           @ULM, ULL, @APP, IDAHO, @NMSU, TROY, ARKST       (2-6, 4-8)
South Alabama (0-2, 3-2)         @ARKST, TROY, GSU, @ULM, @LSU, @IDAHO, NMSU      (2-6, 5-7)
Louisiana-Monroe (0-2, 1-4)      TXST, @NM, @ARKST, USA, @GSU, @APP, ULL          (0-8, 1-11)
I never have a clue with the Fun Belt. I know App is good and so is Georgia Southern and usually Arkansas State but they started 0-4 and then beat Georgia Southern so who knows. This is wrong, the math is probably crap, in the end someone will go and play in the bowls and we'll all enjoy it.

Sun Belt Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 5: App State, Troy, Georgia Southern, Arkansas State, Idaho

Current Bowl Eligible Teams: 6
Number of Projected Bowl Eligible Teams: 73

College Football Playoff
pre:
Peach Bowl    Dec. 31   Atlanta, Ga.		#1 Alabama (SEC Champ) vs. #4 Washington (Pac-12 Champ)
Fiesta Bowl   Dec. 31   Glendale, Ariz.		#2 Ohio State (Big Ten Champ) vs. #3 Clemson (ACC Champ)
This is the conventional wisdom for right now, save those who have Washington either being tripped up or thinking that the Michigan/Ohio State loser won't drop in the eyes of the committee. I'm not one of those and I think it'd take a conference champ with 2+ losses to get left out over an 11-1 team from anywhere else. As top seed Bama chooses to stay at home and send Washington across the country, while Ohio State and Clemson get to head west.

New Year's Bowls
pre:
Sugar Bowl    Jan. 2   	New Orleans, La.   Big 12 vs SEC	    Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M
Rose Bowl     Jan. 2   	Pasadena, Calif.   Big Ten vs Pac-12	    Michigan vs. Stanford
Cotton Bowl   Jan. 2   	Arlington, Tex.    Group of 5 vs. At-large  Boise State vs. Virginia Tech   
Orange Bowl   Dec. 30   Miami, Fla.	   ACC vs. Big Ten/SEC/ND   Louisville vs. Tennessee    
There's only a little bit of drama here, but it's heavy. Oklahoma goes to the Sugar as Big 12 champs, they end up facing 11-1 Texas A&M. Michigan gets the Rose Bowl consolation prize and is matched up with Stanford pretty much by default, though it has the appeal of Harbaugh's current job vs. his last college job. Louisville's the obvious choice to go the Orange, but it comes down to who's ranked higher, 10-2 Tennessee or 10-2 Wisconsin. I think both lose their last games this weekend, and Tennessee's loss to Bama ends up keeping them just above Wisconsin's loss to Ohio State, so the SEC ends up heading to the Orange. Cotton's the Group of 5 rep, Boise State being the highest ranked conference champ, against the one true At-Large team. Wisconsin's a strong play here as well, but the nod goes to 11-1 Virginia Tech, who's one loss came against Tennessee in a neutral site game. Badger could end up slotted here and I don't think it would break too many hearts.

And the rest:

pre:
Outback Bowl	        Jan. 2	  Tampa, Fla.	         B1G vs. SEC       Nebraska vs. Florida 	
TaxSlayer Bowl	        Dec. 31   Jacksonville, Fla.	 ACC/B1G vs. SEC   Miami vs. Ole Miss 	
Citrus Bowl	        Dec. 31	  Orlando, Fla.	         ACC/B1G vs. SEC   Wisconsin vs. Georgia 	
Arizona Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Tucson, Ariz.	         CUSA vs. MWC      North Texas vs. New Mexico* 	
Music City Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Nashville, Tenn.	 ACC/B1G vs. SEC   Iowa vs. Auburn 	
Sun Bowl	        Dec. 30	  El Paso, Tex.	         ACC vs. P12       Wake Forest vs. Colorado 	
Liberty Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Memphis, Tenn.	 B12 vs. SEC       Oklahoma State vs. LSU 	
Alamo Bowl	        Dec. 29	  San Antonio, Tex.	 B12 vs. P12       TCU vs. Utah 	
Belk Bowl	        Dec. 29	  Charlotte, N.C.	 ACC vs. SEC       North Carolina vs. South Carolina* 	
Birmingham Bowl	        Dec. 29	  Birmingham, Ala.	 AAC vs. SEC       Memphis vs. NC State* 	
Texas Bowl	        Dec. 28	  Houston, Tex.	         B12 vs. SEC       Baylor vs. Mississippi State 	
Foster Farms Bowl	Dec. 28	  Santa Clara, Calif.	 B1G vs. P12       Penn State vs. USC 	
Russell Athletic Bowl	Dec. 28	  Orlando, Fla.	         ACC vs. B12       Florida State vs. West Virginia 	
Pinstripe Bowl	        Dec. 28	  New York, N.Y.	 ACC vs. B1G       Pitt vs. Minnesota 	
Cactus Bowl	        Dec. 27	  Tempe, Ariz.	         B12 vs. P12       Kansas State vs. UCLA 	
Holiday Bowl	        Dec. 27	  San Diego, Calif.	 B1G vs. P12       Maryland vs. Arizona State 	
Military Bowl	        Dec. 27	  Annapolis, Md.	 ACC vs. AAC       Georgia Tech vs. Houston  	
Heart of Dallas Bowl	Dec. 27	  Dallas, Tex.	         B1G vs. CUSA      Michigan State* vs. Middle Tennessee	
Independence Bowl	Dec. 26	  Shreveport, La.	 SEC vs. ACC       Old Dominion vs. Tulane* 	
Quick Lane Bowl	        Dec. 26	  Detroit, Mich.	 ACC vs. B1G       Eastern Michigan vs. Indiana	
St. Petersburg Bowl	Dec. 26	  St. Petersburg, Fla.   AAC vs ACC        UCF vs. Western Kentucky 	
Hawaii Bowl	        Dec. 24	  Honolulu, Hawaii	 CUSA vs. MWC      UTSA* vs. Hawai'i	
Dollar General Bowl	Dec. 23	  Mobile, Ala.	         MAC vs. SB	   Western Michigan vs. Troy
Armed Forces Bowl	Dec. 23	  Fort Worth, Tex.	 B12 vs. Navy      Colorado State vs. Navy
Bahamas Bowl	        Dec. 23	  Nassau, Bahamas	 CUSA vs. MAC      UConn vs. Ohio 	
Idaho Potato Bowl	Dec. 22	  Boise, Idaho	         MAC vs. MWC       Central Michigan vs. Nevada 	
Poinsettia Bowl	        Dec. 21	  San Diego, Calif.	 MWC vs. BYU       Air Force vs. BYU	
Boca Raton Bowl	        Dec. 20	  Boca Raton, Fla.	 AAC vs. CUSA      Tulsa vs. Toledo 	
Miami Beach Bowl	Dec. 19	  Miami, Fla.	         AAC vs. MAC       South Florida vs. Southern Miss	
New Orleans Bowl	Dec. 17	  New Orleans, La.	 MWC vs. SB        Louisiana Tech vs. App State 	
Cure Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Orlando, Fla.	         AAC vs. SB        Temple vs. Arkansas State 	
Camellia Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Montgomery, Ala.	 MAC vs. SB        Akron vs. Georgia Southern 	
Las Vegas Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Las Vegas, Nev.	 MWC vs. P12       San Diego State vs. Washington State	
New Mexico Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Albuquerque, N.M.	 CUSA vs. MWC      Idaho vs. Wyoming 	
Thanks to me being overly conservative/really lovely at math early on, there's seven spots up for grabs. By RPI, we get North Texas, Michigan State, South Carolina, Tulane, NC State, UTSA, and New Mexico. It's a pain in the rear end to go digging through those scores since the NCAA doesn't separate them by division, so hopefully we'll get more teams eligible and I won't have to do that as much.

This is wrong, it's always wrong to start the year. As time progresses it will become less wrong, but never right. Feel free to point out my mistakes and I'll correct them when I can i.e. never dealwithit.gif.

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 13, 2016

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
That's a really bearish outlook on Arkansas, who's certainly better than Mississippi State (turbo-garbage) and probably Auburn and should at least win one out of Flordia/Mizzou/LSU.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Finally, 5-7 teams that have a top-5 Academic Progress Rate (APR) score. This is how ND goes to some bowl right? I would like to see them lose another game this year.(Assuming they can get to 5 win big assumption!)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still think Washington will get tripped up at some point -- either Utah brings their A-Game or Wazzu summons their Four Loko Fighting Spirit in honor of wheez -- but I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Sorry it took so long to get the first one done, it takes a while to get everything setup and formatted, plus my job actually had me do work for once the jerks.

General Dog posted:

That's a really bearish outlook on Arkansas, who's certainly better than Mississippi State (turbo-garbage) and probably Auburn and should at least win one out of Flordia/Mizzou/LSU.

I don't understand why bert and Co. are ranked. They ain't beat nobody, won't beat Ole Miss and Auburn again unless they do some more bullshittery, and I don't think they're better than LSU/Florida. Missouri can at least throw it around some and CLANGA is home against them. I think they completely fall apart and bert's coaching for his life next year.

Elephanthead posted:

Finally, 5-7 teams that have a top-5 Academic Progress Rate (APR) score. This is how ND goes to some bowl right? I would like to see them lose another game this year.(Assuming they can get to 5 win big assumption!)

Gut instinct says that Notre Dame would refuse a pity 5-7 APR bid to a bowl, but I don't think we'll have to worry about that this year.

Benne posted:

I still think Washington will get tripped up at some point -- either Utah brings their A-Game or Wazzu summons their Four Loko Fighting Spirit in honor of wheez -- but I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Utah could get them, and USC's got the talent if they actually put everything together. The issue is that there's no more good losses on the schedule, if Washington takes an L, they've got to hope that the committee is still dedicated to putting conference champs in over 11-1 teams that already have a rep. That being said, I think Washington's fine and in the driver's seat until the GodKing crushes their soul in the Peach.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

C. Everett Koop posted:

Utah could get them, and USC's got the talent if they actually put everything together. The issue is that there's no more good losses on the schedule, if Washington takes an L, they've got to hope that the committee is still dedicated to putting conference champs in over 11-1 teams that already have a rep. That being said, I think Washington's fine and in the driver's seat until the GodKing crushes their soul in the Peach.

Yeah, this is pretty accurate. The Stanford win isn't looking as impressive as it should, and Oregon is straight-up bad so beating them on the road doesn't mean as much as it would've a few years ago. We went from a trendy darkhorse pick to being the Pac-12's Last Big Hope, so I wonder how that jump in expectations will affect a team that's still really young and not used to this kind of pressure.

Then again, Petersen knows what he's doing, so we should hope that he has his kids prepared to battle every week, without looking ahead. I guess we'll see! Again, gonna enjoy the ride for now.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I would friggin love to play Wisconsin in the Citrus. Wiscy/UGA sounds like a fun as hell matchup

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I would friggin love to play Wisconsin in the Citrus. Wiscy/UGA sounds like a fun as hell matchup

Wisconsin would roll uga.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Bowl games do weird things to teams. I'd not be so sure. UGA isn't SEC CG material this year, but they aren't rubbish, either.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

FizFashizzle posted:

They'd probably roll the Carolina Panthers, that's for sure

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol uga gonna lose to tech

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Week 7 - Chaos Denied

Legend:
Bold = Eligible
Strike = Ineligible

ACC

ATLANTIC
pre:
Clemson (4-0, 7-0)            @FSU, CUSE, PITT, @WAKE, SC               (8-0, 12-0)
Louisville (3-1, 5-1)         NCST, @UVA, @BC, WAKE, @HOU, UK           (7-1, 11-1)
Florida State (2-2, 5-2)      CLEM, @NCST, BC, @CUSE, UF                (5-3, 9-3)
Wake Forest (2-2, 5-2)        ARMY, UVA, @LOU, CLEM, BC                 (4-4, 8-4)
NC State (1-1, 4-2)           @LOU, BC, FSU, @CUSE, MIA, @UNC           (2-6, 5-7)
Syracuse (1-2, 3-4)           @BC, @CLEM, NCST, FSU, @PITT              (3-5, 5-7)
Boston College (0-3, 3-3)     CUSE, @NCST, LOU, @FSU, UCONN, @WAKE      (0-8, 3-9)
Not the most inspiring week for the Atlantic leaders. Clemson's fortunate that #collegekickers struck again and Louisville couldn't open it up on a mediocre Duke squad. Judgement day is in two weeks with Clemson @ FSU, and a Noles upset throws everything into the air, not just in the division but for the Playoff as well. But until then, I'm sticking with Clemson running the table and Louisville making a NY6 bowl.

COASTAL
pre:
North Carolina (3-1, 5-2)     @UVA, GT, @DUKE, citadel, NCST       (7-1, 10-2)
Pitt (2-1, 5-2)               VT, @MIA, @CLEM, DUKE, CUSE          (4-4, 7-5)
Virginia Tech (2-1, 4-2)      MIA, @PITT, @DUKE, GT, @ND, UVA      (7-1, 10-2)
Virginia (1-1, 2-4)           UNC, LOU, @WAKE, MIA, @GT, @VT       (1-7, 2-10)
Miami (1-2, 4-2)              @VT, @ND, PITT, @UVA, @NCST, DUKE    (5-3, 9-3)
Georgia Tech (1-3, 4-3)       DUKE, @UNC, @VT, UVA, @UGA           (3-5, 6-6)
Duke (0-3, 3-4)               @GT, VT, UNC, @PITT, @MIA            (0-8, 3-9)
Not a good week for the Coastal leaders either, with VT and Miami taking L's. It puts UNC back on top but it's hard to see the Heels getting any traction in the polls, meaning it's the same story as last season. VT's loss will keep them from being an At-Large Cotton Bowl contender, taking money out of the ACC's wallets.

pre:
Notre Dame (2-5)     MIA, NAVY, ARMY, VT, @USC     (4-8)
lmao

ACC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 9: Clemson, Louisville, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Florida State, Miami, Wake Forest, Pitt, Georgia Tech

BIG TEN

EAST
pre:
Michigan (3-0, 6-0)           ILL, @MSU, MARY, @IOWA, IND, @OSU          (8-1, 11-1)
Ohio State (3-0, 6-0)         @PENN, NW, NEB, @MARY, @MSU, MICH          (9-0, 12-0)
Penn State (2-1, 4-2)         OSU, @PUR, IOWA, @IND, @RUT, MSU           (6-3, 8-4)
Maryland (1-2, 4-2)           MSU, @IND, @MICH, OSU, @NEB, RUT           (3-6, 6-6)
Indiana (1-2, 3-3)            @NW, MARY, @RUT, PENN, @MICH, PUR          (6-3, 8-4)
Michigan State (0-3, 2-4)     @MARY, MICH, @ILL, RUT, OSU, @PENN         (2-7, 4-8)
Rutgers (0-4, 2-5)            @MINN, IND, @MSU, PENN, @MARY              (0-9, 2-10)
I know people are going to bash Ohio State for needing OT to beat Wisconsin, but let's give a little bit of credit to Wisconsin and acknowledge that it's kinda tough to beat a top 10 team on the road. I'm not willing to change my mind and put Michigan on top, but I'm willing to sell on Maryland, which benefits Penn State and Indiana. And jesus Sparty when you poo poo the bed you really poo poo the bed at least you'll get a good draft pick out of this season.

WEST
pre:
Nebraska (3-0, 6-0)         PUR, @WIS, @OSU, MINN, MARY, @IOWA         (7-2, 10-2)      
Iowa (3-1, 5-2)             WIS, @PENN, MICH, @ILL, NEB                (4-5, 7-5)
Northwestern (2-1, 3-3)     IND, @OSU, WIS, @PUR, @MINN, ILL           (4-5, 5-7)
Minnesota (1-2, 4-2)        RUT, @ILL, PUR, @NEB, NW, @WIS             (5-4, 8-4)
Wisconsin (1-2, 4-2)        @IOWA, NEB, @NW, ILL, @PUR, MINN           (7-2, 10-2)
Purdue (1-2, 3-3)           @NEB, PENN, @MINN, NW, WIS, @IND           (1-8, 3-9)
Illinois (1-2, 2-4)         @RUT, @MICH, MINN, MSU, @WIS, IOWA, @NW    (1-8, 2-10)
So like I said, I'm still buying Wisconsin, and whether I'm right will be seen in a couple of weeks when they face Nebraska. Northwestern just needs to find an upset over Indiana or Minnesota to make a bowl, which isn't completely unrealistic. RIP Darrell Hazell.

Big Ten Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 9: Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Penn State, Minnesota, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland

Big 12

pre:
Baylor (3-0, 6-0)              @TEX, TCU, @OK, KSU, TTU, @WVU           (6-3, 9-3)
Oklahoma (3-0, 4-2)            @TTU, KU, @ISU, BAY, @WVU, OKST          (9-0, 10-2)
West Virginia (2-0, 5-0)       TCU, @OKST, KU, @TEX, OK, @ISU, BAY      (7-2, 10-2)
Oklahoma State (2-1, 4-2)      @KU, WVU, @KSU, TTU, @TCU, @OK           (5-4, 7-5)
TCU (2-1, 4-2)                 @WVU, TTU, @BAY, OKST, @TEX, KSU         (8-1, 10-2)
Kansas State (1-2, 3-3)        TEX, @ISU, OKST, @BAY, KU, @TCU          (4-5, 6-6)
Texas (1-2, 3-3)               @KSU, BAY, @TTU, WVU, @KU, TCU           (2-7, 4-8) 
Texas Tech (1-2, 3-3)          OK, @TCU, TEX, @OKST, @ISU, BAY          (3-6, 5-7)
Kansas (0-3, 1-5)              OKST, @OK, @WVU, ISU, TEX, @KSU          (0-9, 1-11) 
Iowa State (0-4, 1-6)          KSU, OK, @KU, TTU, WVU                   (1-8, 2-10)
Big 12 stays the course with Baylor becoming their first bowl-eligible team, and six games away from making a lot of people really uncomfortable. Texas still has a chance if they can win at K-St and TTU, but those two being road games doesn't give me much hope. Regardless, Charlie didn't get fired this weekend, we'll see what next weekend holds.

Big 12 Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 6: Oklahoma, TCU, West Virginia, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Kansas State

PAC-12

NORTH
pre:
Washington (3-0, 6-0)           ORST, @UTAH, @CAL, USC, ASU, @WSU       (9-0, 12-0)
Washington State (3-0, 4-2)     @ASU, @ORST, ARIZ, CAL, @COL, WASH      (6-3, 7-5)
Stanford (2-2, 4-2)             COL, @ARIZ, ORST, @ORE, @CAL, RICE      (7-2, 10-2)
Cal (1-2, 3-3)                  ORE, @USC, WASH, @WSU, STAN, UCLA       (2-7, 4-8)
Oregon State (1-2, 2-4)         @WASH, WSU, @STAN, @UCLA, ARIZ, ORE     (2-7, 2-10)
Oregon (0-3, 2-4)               @CAL, ASU, @USC, STAN, @UTAH, @ORST     (1-8, 3-9)
Washington takes the week off from beating the piss out of everyone. Wazzu's 3-0 and over teams projected to be good, but I can't help but think that some kind of disaster will strike them before too long. I know I shouldn't be this bullish on Stanford but I can't help it.

SOUTH
pre:
Utah (3-1, 6-1)              @UCLA, WASH, @ASU, ORE, @COL      (7-2, 10-2)
Colorado (3-1, 5-2)          @STAN, UCLA, @ARIZ, WSU, UTAH     (5-4, 7-5)
USC (3-2, 4-3)               CAL, ORE, @WASH, @UCLA, ND        (5-4, 7-5)
Arizona State (2-2, 5-2)     WSU, @ORE, UTAH, @WASH, @ARIZ     (4-5, 7-5)
UCLA (1-3, 3-4)              UTAH, @COL, ORST, USC, @CAL       (4-5, 6-6)
Arizona (0-4, 2-5)           STAN, @WSU, COL, @ORST, ASU       (1-8, 3-9)
Utah's the creme of a lousy crop, and should give Washington a game in a few weeks. Everyone else is varying degrees of good to ok, and other than Arizona that should be enough to get the majority of the South bowling.

Pac-12 Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 8: Washington, Utah, Stanford, USC, Arizona State, Colorado, Washington State, UCLA

SEC

EAST
pre:
Florida (3-1, 5-1)            UGA, @ARK, SC, @LSU, @FSU                 (5-3, 7-4)
Tennessee (2-2, 5-2)          @SC, tenntech, UK, MIZZ, @VAN             (6-2, 10-2)
Kentucky (2-2, 3-3)           MSST, @MIZZ, UGA, @TENN, peay, @LOU       (2-6, 4-8)
Georgia (2-3, 4-3)            UF, @UK, AUB, ULL, GT                     (5-3, 8-4)
Vanderbilt (1-3, 3-4)         tennst, @AUB, @MIZZ, MISS, TENN           (1-7, 4-8)
South Carolina (1-4, 2-4)     UMASS, TENN, MIZZ, @UF, wcu, @CLEM        (2-6, 5-7)
Missouri (0-3, 2-4)           MTSU, UK, @SC, VAN, @TENN, ARK            (1-7, 4-8)
Gator's are on top for now, but Georgia's inexplicable loss means there's about a 1000% chance they win the Cocktail Party in a couple of weeks because that's how life works. Speaking of which, Florida has to go to LSU now instead of playing a gimme home game, which knocks them down some. Tennessee's taken their lumps but the remaining schedule is kitten-belly soft. I see people projecting Kentucky to be eligible, but other than maybe Missouri I don't see how they'd be favored in any of their remaining games.

WEST
pre:
Alabama (4-0, 7-0)               A&M, @LSU, MSST, chat, AUB               (8-0, 12-0)
Texas A&M (4-0, 6-0)             @BAMA, NMSU, @MSST, MISS, UTSA, LSU      (7-1, 11-1)
Auburn (2-1, 4-2)                ARK, @MISS, VAN, @UGA, bama a&m, @BAMA   (6-2, 8-4)
LSU (2-1, 4-2)                   MISS, BAMA, @ARK, UF, @A&M               (4-4, 6-5)
Arkansas (1-2, 5-2)               @AUB, UF, LSU, @MSST, @MIZZ             (1-7, 5-7)
Ole Miss (1-2, 3-3)              @LSU, AUB, GSO, @A&M, VAN, MSST          (5-3, 8-4)
Mississippi State (1-2, 2-4)     @UK, samford, A&M, @BAMA, ARK, @MISS     (3-5, 5-7)
Bama slaughters the Vols and now have their last big test, since I don't think the LSU game is going to be close. Auburn's better than people think and will prove it this weekend against bert, who somehow got a win over Ole Miss again but that'll be it for the year. LSU stays at 6-5 with the schedule change, and the Provo nightlife claims Dan Mullen and CLANGA.

SEC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 8: Alabama, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss, Florida, LSU

AMERICAN

EAST
pre:
South Florida (3-0, 6-1)     @TEMPLE, NAVY, @MEM, @SMU, UCF              (6-2, 9-3)
Temple (2-1, 4-3)            USF, CIN, @UCONN, @TULANE, ECU              (6-2, 8-4)
UCF (1-1, 3-3)               @UCONN, @HOU, TULANE, CIN, TULSA, @USF      (5-3, 7-5)
UConn (1-3, 3-4)             UCF, @ECU, TEMPLE, @BC, TULANE              (4-4, 6-6)
East Carolina (0-2, 2-4)     NAVY, @CIN, UCONN, @TULSA, SMU, @TEMPLE     (1-7, 3-9)
Cincinnati (0-3, 3-3)        ECU, @TEMPLE, BYU, @UCF, MEM, @TULSA        (1-7, 4-8)
South Florida may be the most underrated team in the country. That being said, I still don't think they get through Navy and Memphis. UConn's got their work cut out for them if they want to bowl.

WEST
pre:
Navy (3-0, 4-1)        @ECU, MEM, @USF, ND, TULSA, @SMU, ARMY       (7-1, 9-3)
Memphis (2-0, 5-1)     @NAVY, TULSA, @SMU, USF, @CIN, HOU           (5-3, 8-4)
Houston (3-1, 6-1)     @SMU, UCF, TULANE, LOU, @MEM                 (7-1, 10-2)
Tulsa (1-1, 4-2)       TULANE, @MEM, ECU, @NAVY, @UCF, CIN          (3-5, 7-5)
Tulane (0-2, 3-3)      @TULSA, SMU, @UCF, @HOU, TEMPLE, @UCONN      (3-5, 5-7)
SMU (0-2, 2-4)         HOU, @TULANE, MEM, @ECU, USF, NAVY           (0-8, 2-10)
I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that Houston might have another conference loss in them, and Memphis looks like a prime candidate. Everyone else stays the course and Navy/Memphis in the Annapolis looms large in two weeks.

American Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 8: Houston, South Florida, Navy, Memphis, Temple, UCF, Tulsa, UConn

C-USA

EAST
pre:
FIU (3-0, 3-4)                LTECH, MTSU, @WKU, MAR, @ODU         (4-4, 4-8)
Old Dominion (2-0, 4-2)       @WKU, @UTEP, MAR, USM, @FAU, FIU     (6-2, 8-4)
Middle Tennessee (2-1, 4-2)   @MIZZ, @FIU, UTSA, @MAR, @CHA, FAU   (7-1, 9-3)
Western Kentucky (2-1, 4-3)   ODU, @FAU, FIU, UNT, @MAR            (7-1, 9-3)
Marshall (1-1, 2-4)           CHA, @USM, @ODU, MTSU, @FIU, WKU     (2-6, 3-9)
Charlotte (1-2, 2-5)          @MAR, @USM, RICE, MTSU, @UTSA        (2-6, 3-9)
FAU (0-3, 1-6)                WKU, @RICE, UTEP, ODU, @MTSU         (1-7, 2-10)
FIU is on top of the division, just the way we drew it up. Meanwhile, WKU eeks past MTSU and the East is now theirs to lose. ODU could be a tough one, but a home win there and it's smooth sailing the rest of the way.

WEST
pre:
Louisiana Tech (2-1, 4-3)   @FIU, RICE, @UNT, UTSA, @USM             (6-2, 8-4)
Southern Miss (2-1, 4-3)    MAR, CHA, @ODU, @UNT, LATECH             (7-1, 9-3)
North Texas (2-1, 3-3)      @ARMY, @UTSA, LATECH, @WKU, USM, @UTEP   (4-4, 5-7)
UTSA (2-1, 3-3)             UTEP, UNT, @MTSU, @LATECH, @A&M, CHA     (4-4, 5-7)
UTEP (0-3, 1-5)             @UTSA, ODU, houbap, @FAU, @RICE, UNT     (1-7, 3-9)
Rice (0-4, 0-6)             pva&m, @LATECH, FAU, @CHA, UTEP, @STAN   (0-8, 1-11)
Looks like it'll be between Southern Miss and LaTech again, and once more I'll give the edge to the Golden Eagles. North Texas/UTSA are an upset somewhere from eeking into eligibility, while UTEP/Rice will struggle along. I wrote the previous two sentences last week and they're the same this week.

C-USA Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 5: Western Kentucky, Southern Miss, Middle Tennessee, Louisiana Tech, Old Dominion

INDEPENDENTS

pre:
Army (4-2)    UNT, @WAKE, AF, ND, morganst, NAVY     (6-6)
BYU (4-3)     @BOISE, @CIN, soutah, UMASS, UTAHST    (8-4)
UMass (1-6)   @SC, wagner, @TROY, @BYU, @HAW         (2-10)
Reminder that Army needs three more wins due to having two FCS teams on their schedule. BYU gets a good win and has the last real test of their schedule up next.

MAC

EAST
pre:
Akron (2-1, 4-3)           @BALL, @BUFF, TOL, BG, @OHIO         (5-3, 7-5)
Ohio (2-1, 4-3)            @KENT, @TOL, BUFF, @CMU, AKRON       (5-3, 7-5)
Kent State (1-2, 2-5)      OHIO, @CMU, WMU, @BG, NIU            (2-6, 3-9)
Miami Ohio (1-2, 1-6)      @BG, @EMU, CMU, @BUFF, BALL          (1-7, 1-11)
Buffalo (0-2, 1-5)         @NIU, AKRON, @OHIO, MOH, @WMU, @BG   (1-7, 2-10)
Bowling Green (0-3, 1-6)   MOH, @NIU, @AKRON, KENT, BUFF        (3-5, 4-8)
Akron and Ohio both took L's this week, so their slow trudge towards a division-defining clash continues. MIAMI IS ON THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEST
pre:
Western Michigan (3-0, 7-0)    EMU, @BALL, @KENT, BUFF, TOL         (8-0, 12-0)
Toledo (2-0, 5-1)              CMU, OHIO, @AKRON, NIU, BALL, @WMU   (7-1, 10-2)
Central Michigan (2-1, 5-2)    @TOL, KENT, @MOH, OHIO, @EMU         (6-2, 9-3)
Eastern Michigan (2-1, 5-2)    @WMU, MOH, @BALL, NIU, CMU           (5-3, 8-4)
Ball State (1-2, 4-3)          AKRON, WMU, EMU, @TOL, @MOH          (2-6, 5-7)
Northern Illinois (1-2, 1-6)   BUFF, BG, TOL, @EMU, @KENT           (4-4, 4-8)
Boatrowers dominate Akron and should be 11-0 before taking on Toledo, but their biggest foe is Boise being five spots ahead of them in the polls. EMU's a game away from being bowl eligible, and with Miami coming up the good people of Ypsilanti should start thinking about their December plans. So should Rod Carey, who may be unemployed come the end of the season.

MAC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 6: Western Michigan, Toledo, CMU, Eastern Michigan, Ohio, Akron

MOUNTAIN WEST

MOUNTAIN
pre:
Boise State (3-0, 6-0)      BYU, @WYO, SJST, @HAW, UNLV, @AF         (8-0, 12-0)
Wyoming (2-0, 4-2)          @NEV, BOISE, UTAHST, @UNLV, SDSU, @NM    (5-3, 7-5)
New Mexico (2-1, 3-3)       ULM, @HAW, NEV, @UTAHST, @CSU, WYO       (5-3, 6-6)
Air Force (1-2, 4-2)        HAW, @FRESNO, @ARMY, CSU, @SJST, BOISE   (6-2, 9-3)
Colorado State (1-2, 3-4)   @UNLV, FRESNO, @AF, NM, SDSU             (4-4, 6-6)
Utah State (0-3, 2-4)       FRESNO, SDSU, @WYO, NM, @NEV, @BYU       (1-7, 3-9)
Still Boise on top, seven games away from the Cotton Bowl. New Mexico gets an upset win over Air Force and is now in the bowl picture.

WEST
pre:
San Diego State (2-0, 5-1)   SJST, @UTAHST, HAW, @NEV, @WYO, CSU      (8-0, 11-1)
UNLV (2-1, 3-4)              CSU, @SJST, WYO, @BOISE, NEV             (2-6, 3-9)
Hawai'i (2-1, 3-4)           @AF, NM, @SDSU, BOISE, @FRESNO, UMASS    (4-4, 6-7)
Nevada (1-2, 3-4)            WYO, @NM, SDSU, UTAHST, @UNLV            (3-5, 5-7)
San Jose State (1-2, 2-5)    @SDSU, UNLV, @BOISE, AF, @FRESNO         (1-7, 2-10)
Fresno State (0-3, 1-6)      @UTAHST, AF, @CSU, HAW, SJST             (1-7, 2-10)
Rainbows, bitch. :( They and Nevada drop from eligibility, taking the MWC from 7 to 8 and then down to 6. It means SDSU might be the only eligible team from the West, which, drat.

MWC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 6: Boise State, San Diego State, Air Force, Wyoming, Colorado State, New Mexico

SUN BELT

pre:
Troy (3-0, 5-1)                  @USA, UMASS, APP, ARKST, @TXST, @GSO        (5-3, 9-3)
App State (2-0, 4-2)             IDAHO, @GSO, TXST, @TROY, ULM, @NMST        (8-0, 10-2)
Arkansas State (2-0, 2-4)        ULM, GSU, NMSU, @TROY, @ULL, @TXST          (7-1, 7-5)
Idaho (2-1, 4-3)                 @APP, @ULL, @TXST, USA, GSU                 (4-4, 6-6)
Georgia Southern (2-1, 3-3)      @NMSU, APP, @MISS, ULL, GSU, TROY           (6-2, 7-5)
New Mexico State (1-2, 2-4)      GSO, @A&M, @ARKST, TXST, APP, @USA          (3-5, 4-8)
Louisiana-Lafayette (1-2, 2-2)   @TXST, IDAHO, GSO, @UGA, ARKST, @ULM        (2-6, 3-9)
Louisiana-Monroe (1-2, 2-4)      @NM, @ARKST, USA, @GSU, @APP, ULL           (1-7, 2-10)
Georgia State (1-2, 1-5)         utmartin, @USA, ARKST, ULM, GSO, @IDAHO     (4-4, 4-8)
Texas State (0-2, 2-4)           ULL, @APP, IDAHO, @NMSU, TROY, ARKST        (1-7, 3-9)
South Alabama (0-3, 3-3)         TROY, GSU, @ULM, @LSU, @IDAHO, NMSU         (2-6, 5-7)
Fun Belt still a mess. Stick with App and Georgia Southern, and I guess Arky State's good again. Idaho needs two more wins and they've got three reasonable chances to get them.

Sun Belt Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 5: App State, Troy, Georgia Southern, Arkansas State, Idaho

Current Bowl Eligible Teams: 13
Number of Projected Bowl Eligible Teams: 71, two less than last week.

College Football Playoff
pre:
Peach Bowl    Dec. 31   Atlanta, Ga.		#1 Alabama (SEC Champ) vs. #4 Washington (Pac-12 Champ)
Fiesta Bowl   Dec. 31   Glendale, Ariz.		#2 Ohio State (Big Ten Champ) vs. #3 Clemson (ACC Champ)
No reason to change this. Yes, I'd understand if you flipped Ohio State and Michigan, and while people might argue Washington over Clemson, I think the ACC's strength over the Pac-12 is enough to keep them where they are.

New Year's Bowls
pre:
Sugar Bowl    Jan. 2   	New Orleans, La.   Big 12 vs SEC	    Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M
Rose Bowl     Jan. 2   	Pasadena, Calif.   Big Ten vs Pac-12	    Michigan vs. Stanford
Cotton Bowl   Jan. 2   	Arlington, Tex.    Group of 5 vs. At-large  Boise State vs. TCU
Orange Bowl   Dec. 30   Miami, Fla.	   ACC vs. Big Ten/SEC/ND   Louisville vs. Wisconsin
We do have some movement here. Sugar/Rose stay the same, as Oklahoma and A&M appear to be on a collision course, while Stanford is done losing as opposed to Utah, who has a date with Washington. That spot is flexible, however. Boise is still the highest ranked Group of 5 champ, while Louisville still looks destined for the Orange. Their foes change, however, with Wisconsin replacing Tennessee and TCU getting the one At-Large spot due to running the rest of the Big 12 table (and that bowl really needing a local draw :shhh:).

And the rest:

pre:
Outback Bowl	        Jan. 2	  Tampa, Fla.	         B1G vs. SEC        	Nebraska vs. Georgia
TaxSlayer Bowl	        Dec. 31   Jacksonville, Fla.	 ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	Minnesota vs. Tennessee
Citrus Bowl	        Dec. 31	  Orlando, Fla.	         ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	Virginia Tech vs. Auburn
Arizona Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Tucson, Ariz.	         CUSA vs. MWC       	Old Dominion vs. Ball State*
Music City Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Nashville, Tenn.	 ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	North Carolina vs. Ole Miss
Sun Bowl	        Dec. 30	  El Paso, Tex.	         ACC vs. P12        	Wake Forest vs. Colorado
Liberty Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Memphis, Tenn.	 B12 vs. SEC        	Kansas State vs. LSU
Alamo Bowl	        Dec. 29	  San Antonio, Tex.	 B12 vs. P12        	West Virginia vs. Utah
Belk Bowl	        Dec. 29	  Charlotte, N.C.	 ACC vs. SEC        	Pitt vs. South Carolina*
Birmingham Bowl	        Dec. 29	  Birmingham, Ala.	 AAC vs. SEC        	Temple vs. NC State*
Texas Bowl	        Dec. 28	  Houston, Tex.	         B12 vs. SEC        	Oklahoma State vs. Florida
Foster Farms Bowl	Dec. 28	  Santa Clara, Calif.	 B1G vs. P12        	Indiana vs. Arizona State
Russell Athletic Bowl	Dec. 28	  Orlando, Fla.	         ACC vs. B12        	Florida State vs. Baylor
Pinstripe Bowl	        Dec. 28	  New York, N.Y.	 ACC vs. B1G        	Miami vs. Iowa
Cactus Bowl	        Dec. 27	  Tempe, Ariz.	         B12 vs. P12            Tulane* vs. UCLA
Holiday Bowl	        Dec. 27	  San Diego, Calif.	 B1G vs. P12        	Penn State vs. USC
Military Bowl	        Dec. 27	  Annapolis, Md.	 ACC vs. AAC         	Georgia Tech vs. Houston
Heart of Dallas Bowl	Dec. 27	  Dallas, Tex.	         B1G vs. CUSA           Northwestern* vs. Western Kentucky
Independence Bowl	Dec. 26	  Shreveport, La.	 SEC vs. ACC            Mississippi State*  vs. Syracuse*
Quick Lane Bowl	        Dec. 26	  Detroit, Mich.	 ACC vs. B1G            Akron vs. Maryland
St. Petersburg Bowl	Dec. 26	  St. Petersburg, Fla.   AAC vs ACC         	South Florida vs. Southern Miss
Hawaii Bowl	        Dec. 24	  Honolulu, Hawaii	 CUSA vs. MWC      	North Texas* vs. Hawai'i*
Dollar General Bowl	Dec. 23	  Mobile, Ala.	         MAC vs. SB	        Western Michigan vs. Troy
Armed Forces Bowl	Dec. 23	  Fort Worth, Tex.	 B12 vs. Navy           Colorado State vs. Navy
Bahamas Bowl	        Dec. 23	  Nassau, Bahamas	 CUSA vs. MAC       	UConn vs. Ohio
Idaho Potato Bowl	Dec. 22	  Boise, Idaho	         MAC vs. MWC        	Central Michigan vs. Wyoming
Poinsettia Bowl	        Dec. 21	  San Diego, Calif.	 MWC vs. BYU       	Air Force vs. BYU
Boca Raton Bowl	        Dec. 20	  Boca Raton, Fla.	 AAC vs. CUSA       	Tulsa vs. Toledo
Miami Beach Bowl	Dec. 19	  Miami, Fla.	         AAC vs. MAC       	Memphis vs. Middle Tennessee
New Orleans Bowl	Dec. 17	  New Orleans, La.	 MWC vs. SB         	Louisiana Tech vs. App State
Cure Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Orlando, Fla.	         AAC vs. SB         	UCF vs. Arkansas State
Camellia Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Montgomery, Ala.	 MAC vs. SB         	Eastern Michigan vs. Georgia Southern
Las Vegas Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Las Vegas, Nev.	 MWC vs. P12            San Diego State vs. Washington State
New Mexico Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Albuquerque, N.M.	 CUSA vs. MWC           Idaho vs. New Mexico
We've got nine spots that need to be filled after all the eligible teams are slotted, so it's off to APR land. Northwestern, North Texas, Syracuse, South Carolina, Hawai'i, Mississippi State, Tulane, NC State, and Ball State end up getting in, an inspiring bunch if there ever was one.

This is still wrong. It will always be wrong. We'll just have to see how wrong it is.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Week 8 - Fire Urban Meyer

Legend:
Bold = Eligible
Strike = Ineligible

ACC

ATLANTIC
pre:
Clemson (4-0, 7-0)            @FSU, CUSE, PITT, @WAKE, SC          (8-0, 12-0)
Louisville (4-1, 6-1)         @UVA, @BC, WAKE, @HOU, UK            (7-1, 11-1)
Florida State (2-2, 5-2)      CLEM, @NCST, BC, @CUSE, UF           (5-3, 9-3)
Wake Forest (2-2, 5-2)        ARMY, UVA, @LOU, CLEM, BC            (4-4, 8-4)
Syracuse (2-2, 4-4)           @CLEM, NCST, FSU, @PITT              (3-5, 5-7)
NC State (1-2, 4-3)           BC, FSU, @CUSE, MIA, @UNC            (2-6, 5-7)
Boston College (0-4, 3-4)     @NCST, LOU, @FSU, UCONN, @WAKE       (0-8, 3-9)
Clemson/FSU this weekend, where either Clemson can all but put the division away, or send the whole thing into chaos. Louisville wasn't having any of NC State's poo poo, and whoever looked at Cuse/BC and thought "yeah, BC's gonna be the favorite in this game" is either a loving idiot or just hates money.

COASTAL
pre:
North Carolina (4-1, 6-2)     GT, @DUKE, citadel, NCST             (7-1, 10-2)
Virginia Tech (3-1, 5-2)      @PITT, @DUKE, GT, @ND, UVA           (7-1, 10-2)
Pitt (2-1, 5-2)               VT, @MIA, @CLEM, DUKE, CUSE          (4-4, 7-5)
Virginia (1-2, 2-5)           LOU, @WAKE, MIA, @GT, @VT            (1-7, 2-10)
Georgia Tech (1-3, 4-3)       DUKE, @UNC, @VT, UVA, @UGA           (3-5, 6-6)
Miami (1-3, 4-3)              @ND, PITT, @UVA, @NCST, DUKE         (5-3, 9-3)
Duke (0-3, 3-4)               @GT, VT, UNC, @PITT, @MIA            (0-8, 3-9)
No reason for UNC to not win out, which would leave them hoping for VT to get upset at Pitt to win the Coastal again. Miami finishing 9-3 is too bullish, but ND is a dumpster fire and they get Pitt at home, for what it's worth.

pre:
Notre Dame (2-5)     MIA, NAVY, ARMY, VT, @USC     (4-8)
Did y'all know that Notre Dame is 2-5? I don't see anyone talking about how Notre Dame is 2-5.

ACC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 9: Clemson, Louisville, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Florida State, Miami, Wake Forest, Pitt, Georgia Tech

BIG TEN

EAST
pre:
Michigan (4-0, 7-0)           @MSU, MARY, @IOWA, IND, @OSU          (8-1, 11-1)
Ohio State (3-1, 6-1)         NW, NEB, @MARY, @MSU, MICH            (8-1, 11-1)
Penn State (3-1, 5-2)         @PUR, IOWA, @IND, @RUT, MSU           (7-2, 9-3)
Maryland (2-2, 5-2)           @IND, @MICH, OSU, @NEB, RUT           (4-5, 7-5)
Indiana (1-3, 3-4)            MARY, @RUT, PENN, @MICH, PUR          (3-6, 5-7)
Michigan State (0-4, 2-5)     MICH, @ILL, RUT, OSU, @PENN           (2-7, 4-8)
Rutgers (0-5, 2-6)            IND, @MSU, PENN, @MARY                (0-9, 2-10)
Ohio State's not eliminated from playoff contention, and beating Michigan/winning the Big Ten would put them in. What is out of the picture now is the idea that both Ohio State and Michigan could get in, and it eliminates any room for error with Nebraska coming in and a trip to Maryland before the Michigan game. I'm not going to move off my projection for now, but it's obviously a lot shakier than it was two weeks ago. And Indiana, we loving go through this every year, if you want to go bowling you have to beat the bad-to-mediocre teams. Now you have to find an upset somewhere to make a bowl again. Christ almighty knock this poo poo off.

WEST
pre:
Nebraska (4-0, 7-0)         @WIS, @OSU, MINN, MARY, @IOWA         (7-2, 10-2)      
Northwestern (3-1, 4-3)     @OSU, WIS, @PUR, @MINN, ILL           (6-3, 7-5)
Iowa (3-2, 5-3)             @PENN, MICH, @ILL, NEB                (4-5, 6-6)
Minnesota (2-2, 5-2)        @ILL, PUR, @NEB, NW, @WIS             (4-5, 7-5)
Wisconsin (2-2, 5-2)        NEB, @NW, ILL, @PUR, MINN             (7-2, 10-2)
Purdue (1-3, 3-4)           PENN, @MINN, NW, WIS, @IND            (1-8, 3-9)
Illinois (1-3, 2-5)         @MICH, MINN, MSU, @WIS, IOWA, @NW     (1-8, 2-10)
Still taking Wisconsin over Nebraska this weekend, and with the Huskers then going to Columbus would be enough to put the Badgers on top. And give credit to Northwestern, they were left for dead early on and have rallied to get into the bowl picture, and with games against Purdue and Illinois there's no reason for them not to make it in.

Big Ten Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 9: Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Penn State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Maryland, Iowa

Big 12

pre:
Oklahoma (4-0, 5-2)            KU, @ISU, BAY, @WVU, OKST           (9-0, 10-2)
Baylor (3-0, 6-0)              @TEX, TCU, @OK, KSU, TTU, @WVU      (6-3, 9-3)
West Virginia (3-0, 6-0)       @OKST, KU, @TEX, OK, @ISU, BAY      (8-1, 11-1)
Oklahoma State (3-1, 5-2)      WVU, @KSU, TTU, @TCU, @OK           (5-4, 7-5)
Kansas State (2-2, 4-3)        @ISU, OKST, @BAY, KU, @TCU          (4-5, 6-6)
TCU (2-2, 4-3)                 TTU, @BAY, OKST, @TEX, KSU          (7-2, 9-3)
Texas (1-3, 3-4)               BAY, @TTU, WVU, @KU, TCU            (2-7, 4-8) 
Texas Tech (1-3, 3-4)          @TCU, TEX, @OKST, @ISU, BAY         (3-6, 5-7)
Iowa State (0-4, 1-6)          KSU, OK, @KU, TTU, WVU              (1-8, 2-10)
Kansas (0-4, 1-6)              @OK, @WVU, ISU, TEX, @KSU           (0-9, 1-11) 
We probably need to start considering the idea of the Big 12 fighting their way back into the playoff race, and if West Virginia/Baylor somehow both manage to survive Oklahoma, they're in. That being said, I doubt that's going to happen, and Oklahoma's two losses both took blows this weekend. Time to start selling TCU, and Texas might as well fire Charlie Strong now and hire Tom Herman and save everyone the time.

Big 12 Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 6: Oklahoma, West Virginia, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State, Kansas State

PAC-12

NORTH
pre:
Washington (4-0, 7-0)           @UTAH, @CAL, USC, ASU, @WSU        (9-0, 12-0)
Washington State (4-0, 5-2)     @ORST, ARIZ, CAL, @COL, WASH       (7-2, 8-4)
Cal (2-2, 4-3)                  @USC, WASH, @WSU, STAN, UCLA       (3-6, 5-7)
Stanford (2-3, 4-3)             @ARIZ, ORST, @ORE, @CAL, RICE      (5-4, 9-3)
Oregon State (1-3, 2-5)         WSU, @STAN, @UCLA, ARIZ, ORE       (2-7, 2-10)
Oregon (0-4, 2-5)               ASU, @USC, STAN, @UTAH, @ORST      (1-8, 3-9)
I think if anyone's going to trip up Washington, it'll be at Utah. The ending slate doesn't look nearly as free as it did a couple of weeks ago. Wazzu seems like they'll get tripped up somewhere, and Stanford ain't good but that ending schedule is real, real bad, and Stanford somehow winning out isn't inconceivable.

SOUTH
pre:
Utah (4-1, 7-1)              WASH, @ASU, ORE, @COL             (7-2, 10-2)
Colorado (4-1, 6-2)          UCLA, @ARIZ, WSU, UTAH            (6-3, 8-4)
USC (3-2, 4-3)               CAL, ORE, @WASH, @UCLA, ND        (6-3, 8-4)
Arizona State (2-3, 5-3)     @ORE, UTAH, @WASH, @ARIZ          (4-5, 7-5)
UCLA (1-4, 3-5)              @COL, ORST, USC, @CAL             (3-6, 5-7)
Arizona (0-4, 2-5)           STAN, @WSU, COL, @ORST, ASU       (1-8, 3-9)
Utah/Colorado could be for the Pac-12's rep in the Rose Bowl. You read that right. I think USC's turned it around and while it's too late for them to make any real noise, they can spoil some people, particularly their LA neighbors.

Pac-12 Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 7: Washington, Utah, Stanford, USC, Washington State, Colorado, Arizona State

SEC

EAST
pre:
Florida (3-1, 5-1)            UGA, @ARK, SC, @LSU, @FSU         (5-3, 7-4)
Kentucky (3-2, 4-3)           @MIZZ, UGA, @TENN, peay, @LOU     (4-4, 6-6)
Tennessee (2-2, 5-2)          @SC, tenntech, UK, MIZZ, @VAN     (6-2, 10-2)
Georgia (2-3, 4-3)            UF, @UK, AUB, ULL, GT             (5-3, 8-4)
Vanderbilt (1-3, 4-4)         @AUB, @MIZZ, MISS, TENN           (2-6, 5-7)
South Carolina (1-4, 3-4)     TENN, MIZZ, @UF, wcu, @CLEM       (2-6, 5-7)
Missouri (0-3, 2-5)           UK, @SC, VAN, @TENN, ARK          (1-7, 3-9)
For the most part the East managed to not embarrass themselves, mostly because the top three teams didn't play. Kentucky's gotten themselves into bowl contention with Missouri and Austin Peay left, which means they'll lose to Mizzou next week. Vandy getting into 5-7 territory is big since they'll be one of the first 5-7 teams to get added once we get there. Mizzou is the exception again, and they've only got one win left on their schedule.

WEST
pre:
Alabama (5-0, 8-0)               @LSU, MSST, chat, AUB               (8-0, 12-0)
Texas A&M (4-1, 6-1)             NMSU, @MSST, MISS, UTSA, LSU        (7-1, 11-1)
Auburn (3-1, 5-2)                @MISS, VAN, @UGA, bama a&m, @BAMA   (6-2, 8-4)
LSU (3-1, 5-2)                   BAMA, @ARK, UF, @A&M                (5-3, 7-4)
Arkansas (1-3, 5-3)               UF, LSU, @MSST, @MIZZ              (1-7, 5-7)
Ole Miss (1-3, 3-4)              AUB, GSO, @A&M, VAN, MSST           (3-5, 6-6)
Mississippi State (1-3, 2-5)     samford, A&M, @BAMA, ARK, @MISS     (2-6, 4-8)
No reason for Bama not to run the table. Ole Miss is now in real trouble and they may need to beat Georgia Southern to make a bowl, which isn't a given. And y'all laughed at me for saying that bert wasn't going bowling, well they just got emasculated by Auburn and that stupid fat piece of worthless garbage won't make it through 2017, either because he'll get fired or his overtaxed heart will finally tap out.

SEC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 9: Alabama, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Ole Miss, Kentucky

AMERICAN

EAST
pre:
South Florida (3-1, 6-2)     NAVY, @MEM, @SMU, UCF                  (5-3, 8-4)
Temple (3-1, 5-3)            CIN, @UCONN, @TULANE, ECU              (7-1, 9-3)
UCF (2-1, 4-3)               @HOU, TULANE, CIN, TULSA, @USF         (5-3, 7-5)
Cincinnati (1-3, 4-3)        @TEMPLE, BYU, @UCF, MEM, @TULSA        (1-7, 4-8)
UConn (1-4, 3-5)             @ECU, TEMPLE, @BC, TULANE              (4-4, 6-6)
East Carolina (0-3, 2-5)     @CIN, UCONN, @TULSA, SMU, @TEMPLE      (1-7, 3-9)
So much for South Florida being the most underrated team in the country. It opens the door for Temple to win the East, with their very manageable closing stretch. UConn's bowl hopes involve a win at BC, which isn't out of the question.

WEST
pre:
Navy (4-0, 5-1)        @USF, ND, TULSA, @ECU, @SMU, ARMY       (8-0, 11-1)
Memphis (2-1, 5-2)     TULSA, @SMU, USF, @CIN, HOU             (7-1, 10-2)
Tulsa (2-1, 5-2)       @MEM, ECU, @NAVY, @UCF, CIN             (3-5, 7-5)
Houston (3-2, 6-2)     UCF, TULANE, LOU, @MEM                  (5-3, 8-4)
SMU (1-2, 3-4)         @TULANE, MEM, @ECU, USF, NAVY           (1-7, 3-9)
Tulane (0-3, 3-4)      SMU, @UCF, @HOU, TEMPLE, @UCONN         (3-5, 5-7)
Navy beating Memphis puts the West firmly in their hands. South Florida might trip them up, but I don't see a second conference loss out there, and 11-1 Navy is a Cotton Bowl contender. Houston's packed it in and Tom Herman might as well update his business cards now.

American Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 8: Navy, Memphis, Temple, South Florida, Houston, UCF, Tulsa, UConn

C-USA

EAST
pre:
Western Kentucky (3-1, 5-3)   @FAU, FIU, UNT, @MAR           (7-1, 9-3)
FIU (3-1, 3-5)                MTSU, @WKU, MAR, @ODU          (4-4, 4-8)
Middle Tennessee (2-1, 5-2)   @FIU, UTSA, @MAR, @CHA, FAU    (7-1, 10-2)
Old Dominion (2-1, 4-3)       @UTEP, MAR, USM, @FAU, FIU     (6-2, 8-4)
Charlotte (2-2, 3-5)          @USM, RICE, MTSU, @UTSA        (3-5, 4-8)
Marshall (1-2, 2-5)           @USM, @ODU, MTSU, @FIU, WKU    (1-7, 2-10)
FAU (0-3, 1-6)                WKU, @RICE, UTEP, ODU, @MTSU   (1-7, 2-10)
WKU takes their rightful place on top of the East. Good on MTSU for beating an SEC team, even if it was just Missouri. Charlotte isn't the worst team here!

WEST
pre:
Louisiana Tech (3-1, 5-3)   RICE, @UNT, UTSA, @USM             (6-2, 8-4)
North Texas (2-1, 4-3)      @UTSA, LATECH, @WKU, USM, @UTEP    (4-4, 6-6)
Southern Miss (2-1, 4-3)    MAR, CHA, @ODU, @UNT, LATECH       (7-1, 9-3)
UTSA (2-2, 3-4)             UNT, @MTSU, @LATECH, @A&M, CHA     (3-5, 4-8)
UTEP (1-3, 2-5)             ODU, houbap, @FAU, @RICE, UNT      (2-6, 4-8)
Rice (0-4, 1-6)             @LATECH, FAU, @CHA, UTEP, @STAN    (0-8, 1-11)
Looks like it'll be between Southern Miss and LaTech again, and once more I'll give the edge to the Golden Eagles. North Texas gets the upset they needed over Army and just need to beat the initial Texas teams for six wins. UTSA gets tripped up by UTEP and both look like they won't be bowling.

C-USA Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 6: Western Kentucky, Southern Miss, Middle Tennessee, Louisiana Tech, Old Dominion, North Texas

INDEPENDENTS

pre:
Army (4-3)    @WAKE, AF, ND, morganst, NAVY  (5-7)
BYU (4-4)     @CIN, soutah, UMASS, UTAHST    (8-4)
UMass (1-7)   wagner, @TROY, @BYU, @HAW      (2-10)
Dream is most likely dead for Army. BYU gave Boise a game, while UMass is our first team officially gone.

MAC

EAST
pre:
Akron (3-1, 5-3)           @BUFF, TOL, BG, @OHIO          (5-3, 7-5)
Ohio (3-1, 5-3)            @TOL, BUFF, @CMU, AKRON        (5-3, 7-5)
Miami Ohio (2-2, 2-6)      @EMU, CMU, @BUFF, BALL         (2-6, 2-10)
Kent State (1-3, 2-6)      @CMU, WMU, @BG, NIU            (2-6, 3-9)
Buffalo (0-3, 1-6)         AKRON, @OHIO, MOH, @WMU, @BG   (3-5, 4-8)
Bowling Green (0-4, 1-7)   @NIU, @AKRON, KENT, BUFF       (0-8, 1-11)
Bye bye BG, quite the fall from the Dino Babers era. No one's going to challenge Akron and Ohio, and most should be gone next weekend.

WEST
pre:
Western Michigan (4-0, 8-0)    @BALL, @KENT, BUFF, TOL        (8-0, 12-0)
Toledo (3-0, 6-1)              OHIO, @AKRON, NIU, BALL, @WMU  (7-1, 10-2)
Central Michigan (2-2, 5-3)    KENT, @MOH, OHIO, @EMU         (6-2, 9-3)
Eastern Michigan (2-2, 5-3)    MOH, @BALL, NIU, CMU           (5-3, 8-4)
Northern Illinois (2-2, 2-6)   BG, TOL, @EMU, @KENT           (3-5, 3-9)
Ball State (1-3, 4-4)          WMU, EMU, @TOL, @MOH           (2-6, 5-7)
Boatrowers were really hoping for a BYU win, just to try and knock Boise down a few pegs. Meanwhile, they keep taking care of business and can look ahead to Toledo, who become the MAC's second bowl-eliigble team. CMU and EMU should get in next weekend, while Ball State needs an upset over EMU to backdoor their way in.

MAC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 6: Western Michigan, Toledo, CMU, Eastern Michigan, Ohio, Akron

MOUNTAIN WEST

MOUNTAIN
pre:
Boise State (3-0, 7-0)      @WYO, SJST, @HAW, UNLV, @AF         (8-0, 12-0)
Wyoming (3-0, 5-2)          BOISE, UTAHST, @UNLV, SDSU, @NM     (5-3, 7-5)
New Mexico (2-1, 4-3)       @HAW, NEV, @UTAHST, @CSU, WYO       (5-3, 7-5)
Colorado State (2-2, 4-4)   FRESNO, @AF, NM, SDSU               (4-4, 6-6)
Air Force (1-3, 4-3)        @FRESNO, @ARMY, CSU, @SJST, BOISE   (5-3, 8-4)
Utah State (1-3, 3-4)       SDSU, @WYO, NM, @NEV, @BYU          (1-7, 3-9)
Still Boise on top, six games away from the Cotton Bowl. Everyone but Utah State's looking good.

WEST
pre:
San Diego State (3-0, 6-1)   @UTAHST, HAW, @NEV, @WYO, CSU       (8-0, 11-1)
Hawai'i (3-1, 4-4)           NM, @SDSU, BOISE, @FRESNO, UMASS    (5-3, 7-6)
UNLV (2-2, 3-5)              @SJST, WYO, @BOISE, NEV             (2-6, 3-9)
Nevada (1-3, 3-5)            @NM, SDSU, UTAHST, @UNLV            (3-5, 5-7)
San Jose State (1-3, 2-6)    UNLV, @BOISE, AF, @FRESNO           (1-7, 2-10)
Fresno State (0-4, 1-7)      AF, @CSU, HAW, SJST                 (1-7, 2-10)
Rainbows, bitch. They get an upset and are back in the bowl picture. But other than that, it ain't looking good for the West, save now eligible San Diego State. RIP Tim DeRuyter

MWC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 6: Boise State, San Diego State, Air Force, Wyoming, New Mexico, Hawai'i, Colorado State

SUN BELT

pre:
Troy (4-0, 6-1)                  UMASS, APP, ARKST, @TXST, @GSO         (5-3, 9-3)
App State (3-0, 5-2)             @GSO, TXST, @TROY, ULM, @NMST          (8-0, 10-2)
Arkansas State (2-0, 2-4)        ULM, GSU, NMSU, @TROY, @ULL, @TXST     (7-1, 7-5)
Georgia Southern (3-1, 4-3)      APP, @MISS, ULL, GSU, TROY             (6-2, 7-5)
Idaho (2-2, 4-4)                 @ULL, @TXST, USA, GSU                  (4-4, 6-6)
Louisiana-Lafayette (2-2, 3-2)   IDAHO, GSO, @UGA, ARKST, @ULM          (2-6, 3-9)
Louisiana-Monroe (1-2, 2-5)      @ARKST, USA, @GSU, @APP, ULL           (1-7, 2-10)
Georgia State (1-2, 2-5)         @USA, ARKST, ULM, GSO, @IDAHO          (4-4, 4-8)
New Mexico State (1-3, 2-5)      @A&M, @ARKST, TXST, APP, @USA          (3-5, 4-8)
Texas State (0-3, 2-5)           @APP, IDAHO, @NMSU, TROY, ARKST        (1-7, 3-9)
South Alabama (0-4, 3-4)         GSU, @ULM, @LSU, @IDAHO, NMSU          (2-6, 5-7)
Fun Belt still boom or bust. Troy's the first in and App/Arky St/GSO all look fine. Idaho needs two wins from a winnable slate, while the rest are all a mess.

Current Bowl Eligible Teams: 19
Number of Projected Bowl Eligible Teams: 73, two more than last week!

College Football Playoff
pre:
Fiesta Bowl   Dec. 31   Glendale, Ariz.		#2 Clemson (ACC Champ) vs. #3 Ohio State (Big Ten Champ)
I flip Clemson and Ohio State, which changes nothing but the color of laundry.

New Year's Bowls
pre:
Sugar Bowl    Jan. 2   	New Orleans, La.   Big 12 vs SEC	    Oklahoma (Big 12 Champ) vs. Texas A&M (SEC Rep)
Rose Bowl     Jan. 2   	Pasadena, Calif.   Big Ten vs Pac-12	    Michigan (Big Ten Rep) vs. Utah (Pac-12 Rep)
Cotton Bowl   Jan. 2   	Arlington, Tex.    Group of 5 vs. At-large  Boise State (Group of 5 Rep) vs. West Virginia (At-Large)
Orange Bowl   Dec. 30   Miami, Fla.	   ACC vs. Big Ten/SEC/ND   Louisville (ACC Rep) vs. Wisconsin (Big Ten Rep)
No change in the Sugar and Orange, with Oklahoma/A&M and Louisville/Wisconsin still having dates against each other. Utah now becomes the Pac-12's rep in the Rose Bowl, which should cause some fainting spells across the midwest, while 11-1 West Virginia becomes the At-Large beneficiary and faces Boise in the Cotton.

And the rest:

pre:
Outback Bowl	        Jan. 2	  Tampa, Fla.	         B1G vs. SEC        	Nebraska vs. Georgia
TaxSlayer Bowl	        Dec. 31   Jacksonville, Fla.	 ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	North Carolina vs. Auburn 
Citrus Bowl	        Dec. 31	  Orlando, Fla.	         ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee
Arizona Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Tucson, Ariz.	         CUSA vs. MWC       	North Texas vs. Idaho
Music City Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Nashville, Tenn.	 ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	Minnesota vs. LSU
Sun Bowl	        Dec. 30	  El Paso, Tex.	         ACC vs. P12        	Pitt vs. Colorado
Liberty Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Memphis, Tenn.	 B12 vs. SEC        	Kansas State vs. Florida
Alamo Bowl	        Dec. 29	  San Antonio, Tex.	 B12 vs. P12        	Baylor vs. USC
Belk Bowl	        Dec. 29	  Charlotte, N.C.	 ACC vs. SEC        	Wake Forest vs. Kentucky
Birmingham Bowl	        Dec. 29	  Birmingham, Ala.	 AAC vs. SEC        	Houston vs. Vanderbilt*
Texas Bowl	        Dec. 28	  Houston, Tex.	         B12 vs. SEC        	Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss
Foster Farms Bowl	Dec. 28	  Santa Clara, Calif.	 B1G vs. P12        	Northwestern vs. Washington State
Russell Athletic Bowl	Dec. 28	  Orlando, Fla.	         ACC vs. B12        	Florida State vs. TCU
Pinstripe Bowl	        Dec. 28	  New York, N.Y.	 ACC vs. B1G        	Miami vs. Maryland
Cactus Bowl	        Dec. 27	  Tempe, Ariz.	         B12 vs. P12            NC State* vs. UCLA*
Holiday Bowl	        Dec. 27	  San Diego, Calif.	 B1G vs. P12        	Penn State vs. Stanford
Military Bowl	        Dec. 27	  Annapolis, Md.	 ACC vs. AAC         	Georgia Tech vs. Temple
Heart of Dallas Bowl	Dec. 27	  Dallas, Tex.	         B1G vs. CUSA           Akron vs. Western Kentucky
Independence Bowl	Dec. 26	  Shreveport, La.	 SEC vs. ACC            South Carolina* vs. Tulane*
Quick Lane Bowl	        Dec. 26	  Detroit, Mich.	 ACC vs. B1G            Cal* vs. Iowa
St. Petersburg Bowl	Dec. 26	  St. Petersburg, Fla.   AAC vs ACC         	Memphis vs. Southern Miss
Hawaii Bowl	        Dec. 24	  Honolulu, Hawaii	 CUSA vs. MWC      	Indiana* vs. Hawai'i
Dollar General Bowl	Dec. 23	  Mobile, Ala.	         MAC vs. SB	        Western Michigan vs. Troy
Armed Forces Bowl	Dec. 23	  Fort Worth, Tex.	 B12 vs. Navy           Colorado State vs. Navy
Bahamas Bowl	        Dec. 23	  Nassau, Bahamas	 CUSA vs. MAC       	UCF vs. Ohio
Idaho Potato Bowl	Dec. 22	  Boise, Idaho	         MAC vs. MWC        	Eastern Michigan vs. Wyoming
Poinsettia Bowl	        Dec. 21	  San Diego, Calif.	 MWC vs. BYU       	Air Force vs. BYU
Boca Raton Bowl	        Dec. 20	  Boca Raton, Fla.	 AAC vs. CUSA       	Tulsa vs. Toledo
Miami Beach Bowl	Dec. 19	  Miami, Fla.	         AAC vs. MAC       	South Florida vs. Middle Tennessee
New Orleans Bowl	Dec. 17	  New Orleans, La.	 MWC vs. SB         	Louisiana Tech vs. App State
Cure Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Orlando, Fla.	         AAC vs. SB         	UConn vs. Arkansas State
Camellia Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Montgomery, Ala.	 MAC vs. SB         	Central Michigan vs. Georgia Southern
Las Vegas Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Las Vegas, Nev.	 MWC vs. P12            San Diego Statevs. Arizona State
New Mexico Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Albuquerque, N.M.	 CUSA vs. MWC           Old Dominion vs. New Mexico
At 73 teams, we need 7 from the 5-7 APR pool. Vanderbilt, Indiana, South Carolina, UCLA, Tulane, NC State, and Cal all get spots. I dunno if we'll get a Tennessee/Virginia Tech runback in the Citrus or if they wanna move that game to Daytona or not. Not a ton of really sexy matchups, hth.

This is still wrong. It will always be wrong. We'll just have to see how wrong it is.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

C. Everett Koop posted:

And the rest:

pre:
TaxSlayer Bowl	        Dec. 31   Jacksonville, Fla.	 ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	North Carolina vs. Auburn 
Citrus Bowl	        Dec. 31	  Orlando, Fla.	         ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee
Arizona Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Tucson, Ariz.	         CUSA vs. MWC       	North Texas vs. Idaho
Music City Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Nashville, Tenn.	 ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	Minnesota vs. LSU
Sun Bowl	        Dec. 30	  El Paso, Tex.	         ACC vs. P12        	Pitt vs. Colorado
Liberty Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Memphis, Tenn.	 B12 vs. SEC        	Kansas State vs. Florida
Alamo Bowl	        Dec. 29	  San Antonio, Tex.	 B12 vs. P12        	Baylor vs. USC
Belk Bowl	        Dec. 29	  Charlotte, N.C.	 ACC vs. SEC        	Wake Forest vs. Kentucky
Birmingham Bowl	        Dec. 29	  Birmingham, Ala.	 AAC vs. SEC        	Houston vs. Vanderbilt*
Texas Bowl	        Dec. 28	  Houston, Tex.	         B12 vs. SEC        	Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss
Foster Farms Bowl	Dec. 28	  Santa Clara, Calif.	 B1G vs. P12        	Northwestern vs. Washington State
Russell Athletic Bowl	Dec. 28	  Orlando, Fla.	         ACC vs. B12        	Florida State vs. TCU
Pinstripe Bowl	        Dec. 28	  New York, N.Y.	 ACC vs. B1G        	Miami vs. Maryland
Cactus Bowl	        Dec. 27	  Tempe, Ariz.	         B12 vs. P12            NC State* vs. UCLA*
Holiday Bowl	        Dec. 27	  San Diego, Calif.	 B1G vs. P12        	Penn State vs. Stanford
Military Bowl	        Dec. 27	  Annapolis, Md.	 ACC vs. AAC         	Georgia Tech vs. Temple
Heart of Dallas Bowl	Dec. 27	  Dallas, Tex.	         B1G vs. CUSA           Akron vs. Western Kentucky
Independence Bowl	Dec. 26	  Shreveport, La.	 SEC vs. ACC            South Carolina* vs. Tulane*
Quick Lane Bowl	        Dec. 26	  Detroit, Mich.	 ACC vs. B1G            Cal* vs. Iowa
St. Petersburg Bowl	Dec. 26	  St. Petersburg, Fla.   AAC vs ACC         	Memphis vs. Southern Miss
Hawaii Bowl	        Dec. 24	  Honolulu, Hawaii	 CUSA vs. MWC      	Indiana* vs. Hawai'i
Bahamas Bowl	        Dec. 23	  Nassau, Bahamas	 CUSA vs. MAC       	UCF vs. Ohio
Idaho Potato Bowl	Dec. 22	  Boise, Idaho	         MAC vs. MWC        	Eastern Michigan vs. Wyoming
Miami Beach Bowl	Dec. 19	  Miami, Fla.	         AAC vs. MAC       	South Florida vs. Middle Tennessee
Cure Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Orlando, Fla.	         AAC vs. SB         	UConn vs. Arkansas State
Camellia Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Montgomery, Ala.	 MAC vs. SB         	Central Michigan vs. Georgia Southern
Las Vegas Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Las Vegas, Nev.	 MWC vs. P12            San Diego Statevs. Arizona State
New Mexico Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Albuquerque, N.M.	 CUSA vs. MWC           Old Dominion vs. New Mexico
At 73 teams, we need 7 from the 5-7 APR pool. Vanderbilt, Indiana, South Carolina, UCLA, Tulane, NC State, and Cal all get spots. I dunno if we'll get a Tennessee/Virginia Tech runback in the Citrus or if they wanna move that game to Daytona or not. Not a ton of really sexy matchups, hth.

Western Michigan/Troy will be a great game and completely undeserving of being played in Mobile, AL. I think they should send those teams to the Bahamas and make UCF and Ohio play in Mobile.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Week 9 - Here Lies The Big 12: They Never Scored (or played defense)

Legend:
Bold = Eligible
Strike = Ineligible

ACC

ATLANTIC
pre:
Clemson (5-0, 8-0)            CUSE, PITT, @WAKE, SC          (8-0, 12-0)
Louisville (5-1, 7-1)         @BC, WAKE, @HOU, UK            (7-1, 11-1)
Wake Forest (2-2, 5-3)        UVA, @LOU, CLEM, BC            (4-4, 7-5)
Syracuse (2-2, 4-4)           @CLEM, NCST, FSU, @PITT        (3-5, 5-7)
Florida State (2-3, 5-3)      @NCST, BC, @CUSE, UF           (5-3, 9-3)
NC State (1-3, 4-4)           FSU, @CUSE, MIA, @UNC          (1-7, 4-8)
Boston College (1-4, 4-4)     LOU, @FSU, UCONN, @WAKE        (1-7, 4-8)
Clemson survives FSU by the skin of their teeth, and have a clear path to the Atlantic title and a repeat trip to the Playoff. Louisville escapes Virginia and amazingly isn't punished in the polls, and is in position to possibly sneak into the Playoff if chaos occurs at the top. Don't look now, but not only did BC finally get a loving conference win, but they're a win over UConn or Wake away from getting to 5-7 and possibly APRing their way into a bowl, or beating both and making it straight up.

COASTAL
pre:
Virginia Tech (4-1, 6-2)      @DUKE, GT, @ND, UVA             (7-1, 10-2)
North Carolina (4-1, 6-2)     GT, @DUKE, citadel, NCST        (7-1, 10-2)
Pitt (2-2, 5-3)               @MIA, @CLEM, DUKE, CUSE         (5-3, 8-4)
Georgia Tech (2-3, 5-3)       @UNC, @VT, UVA, @UGA            (3-5, 6-6)
Miami (1-3, 4-4)              PITT, @UVA, @NCST, DUKE         (3-5, 6-6)
Virginia (1-3, 2-6)           @WAKE, MIA, @GT, @VT            (2-6, 3-9)
Duke (0-4, 3-5)               VT, UNC, @PITT, @MIA            (0-8, 3-9)
VT is now on top, and while GT is always a fiesty game, there's no reason to think that they won't take down the Coastal. UNC's in the same boat, though they don't control their own destiny. Losing to Notre Dame is enough for me to sell on Miami and I'll even put Virginia over them, since the Cavs showed a lot of fight in their new upset over Louisville, but two weak games at the end should be enough for the U to go bowling.

pre:
Notre Dame (3-5)     NAVY, ARMY, VT, @USC     (4-8)
Notre Dame is now 3-5. I think they can beat Army, but that's about it. I also don't think Notre Dame would take a pity 5-7 APR bowl bid, so it's six or bust for the Irish. it'll be bust

ACC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 9: Clemson, Louisville, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Florida State, Pitt, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Miami

BIG TEN

EAST
pre:
Michigan (5-0, 8-0)           MARY, @IOWA, IND, @OSU          (8-1, 11-1)
Ohio State (4-1, 7-1)         NEB, @MARY, @MSU, MICH          (8-1, 11-1)
Penn State (4-1, 6-2)         IOWA, @IND, @RUT, MSU           (7-2, 9-3)
Maryland (2-3, 5-3)           @MICH, OSU, @NEB, RUT           (3-6, 6-6)
Indiana (2-3, 4-4)            @RUT, PENN, @MICH, PUR          (4-5, 6-6)
Michigan State (0-5, 2-6)     @ILL, RUT, OSU, @PENN           (2-7, 4-8)
Rutgers (0-5, 2-6)            IND, @MSU, PENN, @MARY          (0-9, 2-10)
Every week I come closer and closer to putting Michigan over Ohio State and yet I hold off. This week may be the breaking point; if Buckeye struggles at home against Nebraska and Michigan rolls Maryland that'll be enough for me. Indiana gets their upset and is back in bowl-eligibility land. Why can't they ever make it easy on themselves?

WEST
pre:
Nebraska (4-1, 7-1)         @OSU, MINN, MARY, @IOWA         (7-2, 10-2)      
Wisconsin (3-2, 6-2)        @NW, ILL, @PUR, MINN            (7-2, 10-2)
Minnesota (3-2, 6-2)        PUR, @NEB, NW, @WIS             (4-5, 7-5)
Iowa (3-2, 5-3)             @PENN, MICH, @ILL, NEB          (4-5, 6-6)
Northwestern (3-2, 4-4)     WIS, @PUR, @MINN, ILL           (6-3, 7-5)
Purdue (1-4, 3-5)           @MINN, NW, WIS, @IND            (1-8, 3-9)
Illinois (1-4, 2-6)         MSU, @WIS, IOWA, @NW            (1-8, 2-10)
Re: Wisconsin over Nebraska: called it :smug:. Now all Badger needs to do is for Nebraska to take another loss at Ohio State and win out themselves, which should happen. Any change from that plan puts the Huskers back on top. Minnesota's officially in.

Big Ten Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 10: Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Penn State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Maryland, Iowa, Indiana

Big 12

pre:
Oklahoma (5-0, 6-2)            @ISU, BAY, @WVU, OKST           (9-0, 10-2)
Oklahoma State (4-1, 6-2)      @KSU, TTU, @TCU, @OK            (7-2, 9-3)
Baylor (3-1, 6-1)              TCU, @OK, KSU, TTU, @WVU        (6-3, 9-3)
West Virginia (3-1, 6-1)       KU, @TEX, OK, @ISU, BAY         (7-2, 10-2)
Kansas State (3-2, 5-3)        OKST, @BAY, KU, @TCU            (4-5, 6-6)
Texas Tech (2-3, 4-4)          TEX, @OKST, @ISU, BAY           (4-5, 6-6)
TCU (2-3, 4-4)                 @BAY, OKST, @TEX, KSU           (4-5, 6-6)
Texas (2-3, 4-4)               @TTU, WVU, @KU, TCU             (3-6, 5-7) 
Iowa State (0-5, 1-7)          OK, @KU, TTU, WVU               (1-8, 2-10)
Kansas (0-5, 1-7)              @WVU, ISU, TEX, @KSU            (0-9, 1-11) 
So before we completely bury the Big 12, let's acknowledge that Oklahoma is currently at 11, teams ahead of them are going to take L's, and if someone like Washington gets upset, it might be enough for Oklahoma to backdoor their way in. I also think that 11-1 non-conference/division champ Louisville vs. 10-2 Big 12 champ Oklahoma would be an interesting discussion for Playoff eligibility. Regardless, it looks like it'll come down to Bedlam for the Big 12 again this year. Tech gets TCU in a game that had the under all the way and both need a little help to make a bowl. Texas is becoming real interesting now; Kansas should be a win (or fire Charlie on the spot), and if they can get either Tech or TCU, suddenly they're bowl eligible and is Charlie going to be fired (probably). I don't think 5-7 Texas takes an APR bowl spot, because 5-7 Texas will have fired their head coach. Iowa State and Kansas are our first P5 teams eliminated from eligibility. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.

Big 12 Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 7: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, Baylor, TCU, Kansas State, Texas Tech

PAC-12

NORTH
pre:
Washington (5-0, 8-0)           @CAL, USC, ASU, @WSU        (9-0, 12-0)
Washington State (5-0, 6-2)     ARIZ, CAL, @COL, WASH       (7-2, 8-4)
Stanford (3-3, 5-3)             ORST, @ORE, @CAL, RICE      (5-4, 9-3)
Cal (2-3, 4-4)                  WASH, @WSU, STAN, UCLA      (3-6, 5-7)
Oregon (1-4, 3-5)               @USC, STAN, @UTAH, @ORST    (2-7, 4-8)
Oregon State (1-4, 2-6)         @STAN, @UCLA, ARIZ, ORE     (2-7, 2-10)
Washington wins at Utah, but I don't think it's completely smooth sailing from here to the Playoff. USC looks like they've gotten their poo poo together, but that game being in Washington cools down upset talk. Wazzu will put up a fight but I don't think they have enough to beat the Huskies. Stanford's dogshit easy back schedule will get them a sixth win and more. Cal needs a win to get to 5-7 and a near-certain APR bowl spot.

SOUTH
pre:
Colorado (4-1, 6-2)          UCLA, @ARIZ, WSU, UTAH      (6-3, 8-4)
Utah (4-2, 7-2)              @ASU, ORE, @COL             (7-2, 10-2)
USC (4-2, 5-3)               ORE, @WASH, @UCLA, ND       (6-3, 8-4)
Arizona State (2-4, 5-4)     UTAH, @WASH, @ARIZ          (3-6, 6-6)
UCLA (1-4, 3-5)              @COL, ORST, USC, @CAL       (3-6, 5-7)
Arizona (0-5, 2-6)           @WSU, COL, @ORST, ASU       (1-8, 3-9)
Utah put up a fight but just couldn't get it done in the end, but if they win out and Washington make the Playoff I think they're a lock for the Rose. USC's turned things around, while the annual Arizona State Death Spiral is right on schedule, if not a little early. UCLA's gotta be regretting giving Mora that preseason extension now.

Pac-12 Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 7: Washington, Utah, Stanford, USC, Washington State, Colorado, Arizona State

SEC

EAST
pre:
Florida (4-1, 6-1)            @ARK, SC, @LSU, @FSU         (6-2, 8-3)
Kentucky (4-2, 5-3)           UGA, @TENN, peay, @LOU       (4-4, 6-6)
Tennessee (2-3, 5-3)          tenntech, UK, MIZZ, @VAN     (5-3, 9-3)
Georgia (2-4, 4-4)            @UK, AUB, ULL, GT            (3-5, 7-5)
South Carolina (2-4, 4-4)     MIZZ, @UF, wcu, @CLEM        (3-5, 6-6)
Vanderbilt (1-3, 4-4)         @AUB, @MIZZ, MISS, TENN      (2-6, 5-7)
Missouri (0-4, 2-6)           @SC, VAN, @TENN, ARK         (1-7, 3-9)
Well the East embarrassed themselves again this week. Florida won an uninspiring Cocktail Party over Georgia, and combine that with Tennessee giving up on their season gives Florida the division on a silver platter. Their main competition is Kentucky, whom Florida's already beaten, still has to play Georgia and at Tennessee, and also is still Kentucky. Muschamp getting Tennessee again moves the Cocks into bowl eligibility contention, and poo poo Tennessee might finish 9-3 and still fire their coach. If they drop any of their last four games I'd say it's almost a guarantee.

WEST
pre:
Alabama (5-0, 8-0)               @LSU, MSST, chat, AUB         (8-0, 12-0)
Texas A&M (4-1, 7-1)             @MSST, MISS, UTSA, LSU        (7-1, 11-1)
Auburn (4-1, 6-2)                VAN, @UGA, bama a&m, @BAMA    (6-2, 9-3)
LSU (3-1, 5-2)                   BAMA, @ARK, UF, @A&M          (5-3, 7-4)
Arkansas (1-3, 5-3)              UF, LSU, @MSST, @MIZZ         (1-7, 5-7)
Ole Miss (1-4, 3-5)              GSO, @A&M, VAN, MSST          (3-5, 6-6)
Mississippi State (1-3, 3-5)     A&M, @BAMA, ARK, @MISS        (2-6, 4-8)
Bama/LSU this weekend, which doesn't deserve the hype it gets anymore. A&M should skate their way to the Sugar Bowl. Auburn's become a really dangerous team and might give Bama a game at the end, though I don't think they have enough to win it. Ole Miss has no room for error and Georgia Southern's looming real large here, and I refuse to put bert 'n' co over Missouri and into a bowl until I absolutely have to.

SEC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 10: Alabama, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss, Kentucky, South Carolina

AMERICAN

EAST
pre:
South Florida (4-1, 7-2)     @MEM, @SMU, UCF                  (6-2, 9-3)
Temple (4-1, 6-3)            @UCONN, @TULANE, ECU             (7-1, 9-3)
UCF (2-2, 4-4)               TULANE, CIN, TULSA, @USF         (5-3, 7-5)
East Carolina (1-3, 3-5)     UCONN, @TULSA, SMU, @TEMPLE      (3-5, 5-7)
Cincinnati (1-4, 4-4)        BYU, @UCF, MEM, @TULSA           (1-7, 4-8)
UConn (1-5, 3-6)             TEMPLE, @BC, TULANE              (3-5, 5-7)
Good on South Florida for upsetting Navy, but even if they get the upset at Memphis they still need Temple to take another loss, which doesn't look like it'll happen. ECU gets a road win and needs a couple more to get to APR land, and UConn falls out of regular eligibility contention with the game at BC looming real large for both of them. It's an intriguing game, because I don't dare call it a good game.

WEST
pre:
Navy (4-1, 5-2)        ND, TULSA, @ECU, @SMU, ARMY    (7-1, 10-2)
Tulsa (3-1, 6-2)       ECU, @NAVY, @UCF, CIN          (4-4, 8-4)
Houston (4-2, 7-2)     TULANE, LOU, @MEM              (5-3, 8-4)
Memphis (2-2, 5-3)     @SMU, USF, @CIN, HOU           (6-2, 9-3)
SMU (2-2, 4-4)         MEM, @ECU, USF, NAVY           (2-6, 4-8)
Tulane (0-4, 3-6)      @UCF, @HOU, TEMPLE, @UCONN     (0-8, 3-9)
Navy takes an L they can afford a little bit, since I still think they beat Tulsa and will take down the West, but it drops them below WMU in the Cotton Bowl race. Houston decides to show a little fight in rallying to beat UCF, but nothing short of everything collapsing around them will get them back into any races.

American Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 7: Navy, South Florida, Temple, Memphis, Houston, Tulsa, UCF

C-USA

EAST
pre:
Western Kentucky (4-1, 6-3)   FIU, UNT, @MAR            (7-1, 9-3)
Middle Tennessee (3-1, 6-2)   UTSA, @MAR, @CHA, FAU     (7-1, 10-2)
Old Dominion (3-1, 5-3)       MAR, USM, @FAU, FIU       (6-2, 8-4)
FIU (3-2, 3-6)                @WKU, MAR, @ODU           (4-4, 4-8)
Charlotte (2-2, 3-5)          @USM, RICE, MTSU, @UTSA   (3-5, 4-8)
Marshall (1-3, 2-6)           @ODU, MTSU, @FIU, WKU     (1-7, 2-10)
FAU (0-4, 1-7)                @RICE, UTEP, ODU, @MTSU   (1-7, 2-10)
WKU and MTSU get in, with WKU three very winnable games from claiming the division again (and probably losing their coach to a better job). See ya FAU.

WEST
pre:
Louisiana Tech (4-1, 6-3)   @UNT, UTSA, @USM              (6-2, 8-4)
Southern Miss (3-1, 5-3)    CHA, @ODU, @UNT, LATECH       (7-1, 9-3)
UTSA (3-2, 4-4)             @MTSU, @LATECH, @A&M, CHA     (4-4, 5-7)
North Texas (2-2, 4-4)      LATECH, @WKU, USM, @UTEP      (3-5, 5-7)
UTEP (1-4, 2-6)             houbap, @FAU, @RICE, UNT      (2-6, 4-8)
Rice (0-5, 1-7)             FAU, @CHA, UTEP, @STAN        (0-8, 1-11)
Looks like it'll be between Southern Miss and LaTech again, and once more I'll give the edge to the Golden Eagles. North Texas drops a game to UTSA and is back outside looking in. Bye Krispies.

C-USA Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 5: Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee, Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech, Old Dominion

INDEPENDENTS

pre:
Army (5-3)    AF, ND, morganst, NAVY     (6-6)
BYU (5-4)     soutah, UMASS, UTAHST      (8-4)
UMass (2-7)   @TROY, @BYU, @HAW          (2-10)
Dream isn't dead for Army if they beat Morgan State. While they won't be able to count the win since they already have one over an FCS team, with 5 wins they'll qualify for an APR spot. BYU should win out, UMass should lose out.

MAC

EAST
pre:
Ohio (4-1, 6-3)            BUFF, @CMU, AKRON          (6-2, 8-4)
Akron (3-2, 5-4)           TOL, BG, @OHIO             (4-4, 6-6)
Miami Ohio (3-2, 3-6)      CMU, @BUFF, BALL           (2-6, 2-10)
Kent State (2-3, 3-6)      WMU, @BG, NIU              (2-6, 3-9)
Buffalo (1-3, 2-6)         @OHIO, MOH, @WMU, @BG      (3-5, 4-8)
Bowling Green (0-4, 1-7)   @NIU, @AKRON, KENT, BUFF   (0-8, 1-11)
Ohio pulls an upset while Akron gets upset, putting the Bobcats in control of the East. And let's give a little bit of credit to the Miami/Kent/Buffalo contingency; they've been fighting to stay alive these past few weeks and pulling it off. At some point their luck will run out and they'll be officially eliminated, but until that happens let's show them some love.

WEST
pre:
Western Michigan (4-0, 8-0)    @BALL, @KENT, BUFF, TOL   (8-0, 12-0)
Toledo (3-1, 6-2)              @AKRON, NIU, BALL, @WMU   (6-2, 9-3)
Northern Illinois (3-2, 3-6)   TOL, @EMU, @KENT          (4-4, 4-8)
Central Michigan (2-3, 5-4)    @MOH, OHIO, @EMU          (5-3, 8-4)
Eastern Michigan (2-3, 5-4)    @BALL, NIU, CMU           (4-4, 7-5)
Ball State (1-3, 4-4)          WMU, EMU, @TOL, @MOH      (2-6, 5-7)
Boatrowers are now the Cotton Bowl favorites without doing a thing, and are five wins away from making history. Toledo looms large but that should be a winnable game. Even better for them the other two directional Michigans take L's, so everything's coming up good for them.

MAC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 6: Western Michigan, Toledo, Ohio, CMU, Eastern Michigan, Akron

MOUNTAIN WEST

MOUNTAIN
pre:
Wyoming (4-0, 6-2)          UTAHST, @UNLV, SDSU, @NM     (7-1, 9-3)
Boise State (3-1, 7-1)      SJST, @HAW, UNLV, @AF        (7-1, 11-1)
New Mexico (3-1, 5-3)       NEV, @UTAHST, @CSU, WYO      (5-3, 7-5)
Colorado State (2-2, 4-4)   FRESNO, @AF, NM, SDSU        (4-4, 6-6)
Air Force (2-3, 5-3)        @ARMY, CSU, @SJST, BOISE     (5-3, 8-4)
Utah State (1-4, 3-5)       SDSU, @WYO, NM, @NEV, @BYU   (1-7, 3-9)
Wyoming pulls off the upset, which puts them in control of the Mountain. Boise needs to win out and have Wyoming drop to both San Diego State and New Mexico, and while the former is a possibility I don't think the latter is, although being a road game makes it interesting.

WEST
pre:
San Diego State (4-0, 7-1)   HAW, @NEV, @WYO, CSU           (8-0, 11-1)
Hawai'i (3-2, 4-5)           @SDSU, BOISE, @FRESNO, UMASS   (4-4, 6-7)
San Jose State (2-3, 3-6)    @BOISE, AF, @FRESNO            (2-6, 3-9)
UNLV (2-3, 3-6)              WYO, @BOISE, NEV               (2-6, 3-9)
Nevada (1-3, 3-5)            @NM, SDSU, UTAHST, @UNLV       (3-5, 5-7)
Fresno State (0-5, 1-8)      @CSU, HAW, SJST                (1-7, 2-10)
Best hopes for the MWC and the Cotton Bowl now is that SDSU wins out, wins the conference over Wyoming, and WMU gets tripped up somewhere. Rainbows, bitch :(

MWC Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 6: San Diego State, Boise State, Wyoming, Air Force, New Mexico, Colorado State

SUN BELT

pre:
Troy (4-0, 6-1)                  UMASS, APP, ARKST, @TXST, @GSO    (5-3, 9-3)
App State (4-0, 6-2)             TXST, @TROY, ULM, @NMST           (8-0, 10-2)
Arkansas State (3-0, 3-4)        GSU, NMSU, @TROY, @ULL, @TXST     (7-1, 7-5)
Georgia Southern (3-2, 4-4)      @MISS, ULL, GSU, TROY             (6-2, 7-5)
Idaho (2-2, 4-4)                 @ULL, @TXST, USA, GSU             (4-4, 6-6)
Louisiana-Lafayette (2-2, 3-4)   IDAHO, GSO, @UGA, ARKST, @ULM     (2-6, 3-9)
Georgia State (1-3, 2-6)         ARKST, ULM, GSO, @IDAHO           (4-4, 4-8)
Louisiana-Monroe (1-3, 2-6)      USA, @GSU, @APP, ULL              (1-7, 2-10)
New Mexico State (1-3, 2-6)      @ARKST, TXST, APP, @USA           (3-5, 4-8)
South Alabama (1-4, 4-4)         @ULM, @LSU, @IDAHO, NMSU          (3-5, 6-6)
Texas State (0-3, 2-5)           @APP, IDAHO, @NMSU, TROY, ARKST   (1-7, 3-9)
App at Troy in a couple of weeks, and Arkansas State could force a tie at the top or backdoor their way in. Don't look now but South Alabama's a couple of winnable games from hitting 6-6, and while no one's been eliminated yet quite a few are teetering at the edge of the cliff.

Sun Belt Projected Bowl Eligible Teams - 6: App State, Troy, Arkansas State, Georgia Southern, Idaho, South Alabama

Current Bowl Eligible Teams: 37
Number of Projected Bowl Eligible Teams: 74, one more than last week!

College Football Playoff
pre:
Fiesta Bowl   Dec. 31   Glendale, Ariz.		#2 Clemson (ACC Champ) vs. #3 Ohio State (Big Ten Champ)
No change here.

New Year's Bowls
pre:
Sugar Bowl    Jan. 2   	New Orleans, La.   Big 12 vs SEC	    Oklahoma (Big 12 Champ) vs. Texas A&M (SEC Rep)
Rose Bowl     Jan. 2   	Pasadena, Calif.   Big Ten vs Pac-12	    Michigan (Big Ten Rep) vs. Utah (Pac-12 Rep)
Cotton Bowl   Jan. 2   	Arlington, Tex.    Group of 5 vs. At-large  Western Michigan (Group of 5 Rep) vs. Virginia Tech (At-Large)
Orange Bowl   Dec. 30   Miami, Fla.	   ACC vs. Big Ten/SEC/ND   Louisville (ACC Rep) vs. Wisconsin (Big Ten Rep)
Sugar/Rose/Orange stays the same. Cotton does change, with Western Michigan sliding into the Group of 5's spot over Boise and Navy. Where the real chaos is the sole At-Large spot, with no real standout candidate left to fill the spot. By my count Virginia Tech/North Carolina/Nebraska/West Virginia will hit double-digit wins, not counting G5 teams. Out of those four the Hokies are the one division winner, so they'll be the ones to slide into the At-Large spot, though a strong showing by Nebraska against Ohio State this weekend could be enough to keep them above the rest.

Speaking of the rest:

pre:
Outback Bowl	        Jan. 2	  Tampa, Fla.	         B1G vs. SEC        	Nebraska vs. Auburn
TaxSlayer Bowl	        Dec. 31   Jacksonville, Fla.	 ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	Pitt vs. LSU
Citrus Bowl	        Dec. 31	  Orlando, Fla.	         ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	North Carolina vs. Florida
Arizona Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Tucson, Ariz.	         CUSA vs. MWC       	Old Dominion vs. New Mexico
Music City Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Nashville, Tenn.	 ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	Minnesota vs. Tennessee
Sun Bowl	        Dec. 30	  El Paso, Tex.	         ACC vs. P12        	Georgia Tech vs. Colorado
Liberty Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Memphis, Tenn.	 B12 vs. SEC        	TCU vs. Georgia
Alamo Bowl	        Dec. 29	  San Antonio, Tex.	 B12 vs. P12        	Oklahoma State vs. USC
Birmingham Bowl	        Dec. 29	  Birmingham, Ala.	 AAC vs. SEC        	South Florida vs. South Carolina
Texas Bowl	        Dec. 28	  Houston, Tex.	         B12 vs. SEC        	Baylor vs. Ole Miss
Russell Athletic Bowl	Dec. 28	  Orlando, Fla.	         ACC vs. B12        	Florida State vs. West Virginia
Cactus Bowl	        Dec. 27	  Tempe, Ariz.	         B12 vs. P12            Kansas State vs. Idaho
Military Bowl	        Dec. 27	  Annapolis, Md.	 ACC vs. AAC         	Army* vs. Temple
Heart of Dallas Bowl	Dec. 27	  Dallas, Tex.	         B1G vs. CUSA           Iowa vs. Western Kentucky
Independence Bowl	Dec. 26	  Shreveport, La.	 SEC vs. ACC            Vanderbilt* vs. South Alabama
Quick Lane Bowl	        Dec. 26	  Detroit, Mich.	 ACC vs. B1G            Syracuse* vs. Indiana
St. Petersburg Bowl	Dec. 26	  St. Petersburg, Fla.   AAC vs ACC         	Memphis vs. Middle Tennessee
Hawai'i Bowl	        Dec. 24	  Honolulu, Hawaii	 CUSA vs. MWC      	Hawai'i* vs. Boise State
Dollar General Bowl	Dec. 23	  Mobile, Ala.	         MAC vs. SB	        Toledo vs. Troy
Armed Forces Bowl	Dec. 23	  Fort Worth, Tex.	 B12 vs. Navy           Texas Tech vs. Navy
Bahamas Bowl	        Dec. 23	  Nassau, Bahamas	 CUSA vs. MAC       	North Texas* vs. Akron
Idaho Potato Bowl	Dec. 22	  Boise, Idaho	         MAC vs. MWC            Central Michigan vs. Colorado State
Boca Raton Bowl	        Dec. 20	  Boca Raton, Fla.	 AAC vs. CUSA           Tulsa vs. Ohio	
Miami Beach Bowl	Dec. 19	  Miami, Fla.	         AAC vs. MAC            Houston vs. Southern Miss
New Orleans Bowl	Dec. 17	  New Orleans, La.	 MWC vs. SB         	UCLA* vs. App State
Cure Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Orlando, Fla.	         AAC vs. SB             UCF vs. Georgia Southern
Camellia Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Montgomery, Ala.	 MAC vs. SB         	Eastern Michigan vs. Arkansas State
Las Vegas Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Las Vegas, Nev.	 MWC vs. P12            San Diego State vs. Arizona State 
New Mexico Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Albuquerque, N.M.	 CUSA vs. MWC           Louisiana Tech vs. Wyoming
We're down to needing six teams from the 5-7 APR pool to fill all the slots. Vanderbilt, Army, North Texas, Syracuse, UCLA, and Hawai'i are the "lucky" beneficiaries. Yes, I have another MWC matchup with Hawai'i against Boise in the Hawai'i Bowl, but the Rainbows aren't going to go anywhere else, and even though the MWC has a spot to fill in New Orleans UCLA would much rather go there then to have to go to Hawai'i on short notice. I could be wrong but politics be politics and both bowls would rather have that than the planned scenario.

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 30, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wake Forest should win at least one game between UVA and BC and i'm pulling for 'em. Clawson's done a hell of a job there.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

biggum post snipped

I love reading this analysis every week (to be fair, it helps that WMU is doing well so far). Between you and Korranus's hilarious moon poll that is way, WAY over-valuing WMU, I appreciate the crazy effort posts when all I tend to offer in return is the post equivalent of meat-fart diarrhea

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

mercenarynuker posted:

I love reading this analysis every week (to be fair, it helps that WMU is doing well so far). Between you and Korranus's hilarious moon poll that is way, WAY over-valuing WMU, I appreciate the crazy effort posts when all I tend to offer in return is the post equivalent of meat-fart diarrhea

FWIW, I've been doing a lovely moon poll on the side and it has WMU in the Top 10. Clearly the human voters are biased as hell. :colbert:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

mercenarynuker posted:

Western Michigan's got nothing on #10 Troy.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
One of the things I like to do is once the committee releases their rankings is to put together the bowls as if they were being played today. So...

pre:
Peach Bowl    Dec. 31   Atlanta, Ga.		#1 Alabama (SEC Champ) vs. #4 Texas A&M (At-Large)
Fiesta Bowl   Dec. 31   Glendale, Ariz.		#2 Clemson (ACC Champ) vs. #3 Michigan (Big Ten Champ)
I'm going to assume that Michigan wins the B1G over my predictions that they lose at Ohio State, but still. Other change is Washington out for A&M, which I think will change by itself once/if Washington runs the table.

New Year's Bowls

pre:
Sugar Bowl    Jan. 2   	New Orleans, La.   Big 12 vs SEC	    #14 Oklahoma (Big 12 Champ) vs. #9 Auburn (SEC Rep)
Rose Bowl     Jan. 2   	Pasadena, Calif.   Big Ten vs Pac-12	    #6 Ohio State (Big Ten Rep) vs. #5 Washington (Pac-12 Champ)
Cotton Bowl   Jan. 2   	Arlington, Tex.    Group of 5 vs. At-large  #23 Western Michigan (Group of 5 Rep) vs. #10 Nebraska (At-Large)
Orange Bowl   Dec. 30   Miami, Fla.	   ACC vs. Big Ten/SEC/ND   #7 Louisville (ACC Rep) vs. #8 Wisconsin (Big Ten Rep)
The Rose Bowl really gets taken care of with a 5-6 matchup, as does the Orange with a 7-8 and the probably Heisman winner. Sugar takes a hit with 14-9 and Auburn going over Florida, who's currently two spots behind. Cotton gets Nebraska for a regional draw which helps, and if the Boatrowers take an L it becomes anyone's guess as to who gets the G5 spot.

And the rest:

pre:
Outback Bowl	        Jan. 2	  Tampa, Fla.	         B1G vs. SEC        	Penn State vs. Tennessee
TaxSlayer Bowl	        Dec. 31   Jacksonville, Fla.	 ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	North Carolina vs. LSU
Citrus Bowl	        Dec. 31	  Orlando, Fla.	         ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	Virginia Tech vs. Florida
Arizona Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Tucson, Ariz.	         CUSA vs. MWC       	Idaho vs. Colorado State
Music City Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Nashville, Tenn.	 ACC/B1G vs. SEC    	Northwestern vs. Georgia
Liberty Bowl	        Dec. 30	  Memphis, Tenn.	 B12 vs. SEC        	TCU vs. Kentucky
Alamo Bowl	        Dec. 29	  San Antonio, Tex.	 B12 vs. P12        	Oklahoma State vs. Utah
Belk Bowl	        Dec. 29	  Charlotte, N.C.	 ACC vs. SEC        	Wake Forest vs. South Carolina
Birmingham Bowl	        Dec. 29	  Birmingham, Ala.	 AAC vs. SEC        	South Florida vs. UCLA*
Texas Bowl	        Dec. 28	  Houston, Tex.	         B12 vs. SEC        	Baylor vs. Ole Miss
Foster Farms Bowl	Dec. 28	  Santa Clara, Calif.	 B1G vs. P12        	Iowa vs. USC
Russell Athletic Bowl	Dec. 28	  Orlando, Fla.	         ACC vs. B12        	Florida State vs. West Virginia
Cactus Bowl	        Dec. 27	  Tempe, Ariz.	         B12 vs. P12            Kansas State vs. Arizona State
Holiday Bowl	        Dec. 27	  San Diego, Calif.	 B1G vs. P12        	Minnesota vs. Stanford
Heart of Dallas Bowl	Dec. 27	  Dallas, Tex.	         B1G vs. CUSA           Indiana vs. Western Kentucky
Independence Bowl	Dec. 26	  Shreveport, La.	 SEC vs. ACC            Vanderbilt* vs. South Alabama
Quick Lane Bowl	        Dec. 26	  Detroit, Mich.	 ACC vs. B1G            Syracuse * vs. Army*
St. Petersburg Bowl	Dec. 26	  St. Petersburg, Fla.   AAC vs ACC         	Memphis vs. Middle Tennessee
Hawai'i Bowl	        Dec. 24	  Honolulu, Hawaii	 CUSA vs. MWC      	Hawai'i* vs. Wyoming
Dollar General Bowl	Dec. 23	  Mobile, Ala.	         MAC vs. SB	        Toledo vs. Troy
Armed Forces Bowl	Dec. 23	  Fort Worth, Tex.	 B12 vs. Navy           Texas Tech vs. Navy
Bahamas Bowl	        Dec. 23	  Nassau, Bahamas	 CUSA vs. MAC       	Old Dominion vs. Akron
Idaho Potato Bowl	Dec. 22	  Boise, Idaho	         MAC vs. MWC            Central Michigan vs. Boise State
Boca Raton Bowl	        Dec. 20	  Boca Raton, Fla.	 AAC vs. CUSA           Tulsa vs. Ohio
Miami Beach Bowl	Dec. 19	  Miami, Fla.	         AAC vs. MAC            Houston vs. Southern Miss
New Orleans Bowl	Dec. 17	  New Orleans, La.	 MWC vs. SB         	North Texas* vs. App State
Cure Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Orlando, Fla.	         AAC vs. SB             UCF vs. Georgia Southern
Camellia Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Montgomery, Ala.	 MAC vs. SB         	Eastern Michigan vs. Arkansas State
Las Vegas Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Las Vegas, Nev.	 MWC vs. P12            San Diego State vs. Washington State
New Mexico Bowl	        Dec. 17	  Albuquerque, N.M.	 CUSA vs. MWC           Louisiana Tech vs. New Mexico
There's some changes since different dominoes fall at the top between the B1G/P12/SEC bids, but there's still not a ton of sexy matchups right now. San Diego State/Washington State sticks out, as does the new years bowls.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

OSU/Washington would be fun as gently caress to watch

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Uh you have the acc winner going to the taxslayer bowl.

Probably wanna fix that.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I used my moon poll and a RNG to play out the season and come up with some bowl predictions of my own. Guaranteed to be 100% wrong and maybe listing a team twice. Darkest timeline or your money back -

pre:
Conference Winners - 

ACC - Clemson (13-0) over Virginia Tech (8-5)
Big 10 - Michigan (13-0) over Wisconsin (9-4)
Big 12 - Baylor (11-1)
Pac 12 - Colorado (10-3) over Washington (12-1)
SEC - Alabama (12-1) over Florida (9-4)

AAC - Navy (9-4) over Temple (8-5)
CUSA - Middle Tennessee (10-2) over Louisiana Tech (7-6)
MAC - Western Michigan (13-0) over Akron (7-6)
MWC - San Diego State (11-1) over Wyoming (9-4)
SunBelt - Appalachian State (10-2)

Playoffs - 

#1 Michigan (13-0)
#2 Clemson (13-0)
#3 Alabama (12-1)
#4 Baylor (11-1)

First four out: Washington (12-1), Ohio State (10-2), Texas A&M (11-1), Western Michigan (13-0)

NY6 Bowls - 

Orange		Virginia Tech		Wisconsin
Cotton		Western Michigan	Washington
Rose		Ohio State		Colorado
Sugar		West Virginia		Texas A&M

Mere Mortal Bowls - 

Alamo		Oklahoma		Washington State
Arizona		Idaho			Wyoming
Armed Forces	Navy			*Ohio U
Bahamas		Eastern Mich		Middle Tennessee
Belk		Florida St		Auburn
Birmingham	Houston			Kentucky
Boca Raton	UCF			Colorado State
Cactus		*Utah State		*Memphis
Camellia	Akron			Georgia Southern
Citrus		Florida			North Carolina
Cure		Cincinnati		Troy
Foster Farms	Iowa			USC
Dollar General	App State		Toledo
Hawaii		Hawaii			*Tulane
Heart of Dallas	Maryland		North Texas
Holiday		Minnesota		Utah
Independence	Wake Forest		*Army
Las Vegas	California		*Air Force
Liberty		Texas Tech		Arkansas
Miami Beach	Tulsa			Western Kentucky
Military	Temple			Wake Forest
Music City	Penn State		Georgia
New Mexico	Old Dominion		New Mexico
New Orleans	Southern Miss		Troy
Outback		Nebraska		Tennessee
Pinstripe	Miami (FL)		Indiana
Poinsettia	San Diego State		BYU
Potato		Central Michigan	Boise State
QuickLane	Georgia Tech		Northwestern
Russell Ath	Louisville		Oklahoma State
St.Petersburg	South Florida		Louisiana Tech
Sun		Boston College		Stanford
TaxSlayer	Pittsburgh		South Carolina
Texas		TCU			LSU

Sitting at Home: SMU and UNC Charlotte.  Time for more bowls!

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just for fun who beat bama in your moon poll? I'm assuming LSU, but I really want it to be Auburn.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Duckaerobics posted:

Just for fun who beat bama in your moon poll? I'm assuming LSU, but I really want it to be Auburn.

Yep, it was LSU. 8.4% chance to win.

Similar to Auburn's 8.8% chance. Mississippi State is at 0.3%.

Undefeated chances -

Alabama - 83.3%
Western Michigan - 70.1%
Clemson - 69.2%
Washington - 63.2%
Michigan - 54.8%

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'll have updated projections tomorrow, but I'm starting to think that A&M may have been overrated.

Also if there's any way I can post the wall of text on a fresh page that'd be pretty cool tia

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'll have updated projections tomorrow, but I'm starting to think that A&M may have been overrated.

Also if there's any way I can post the wall of text on a fresh page that'd be pretty cool tia

14 posts is a lot to ask, but I'll burn one thanking you for all your effortposts

:tipshat:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Posting in honor of unc eventually defeating Clemson in the acc championship game.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Qwijib0 posted:

14 posts is a lot to ask, but I'll burn one thanking you for all your effortposts

:tipshat:

Dittos :cheers:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I think it's pretty cool that if we can't pull off the Iron Bowl at least there's a really good chance second place in the SEC and a likely Sugar Bowl bid is a scrum of 3-loss teams, which Auburn could easily come out on top pending how close that loss is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

nice teamwork

• Locked thread