Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

spankmeister posted:

I did the game controller thing yesterday evening and I used the DX300 and I wired it in such a way that the output of it matched the spec exactly, only in binary.

Then I had to make a bunch of conditionals to translate 010 to 2 and 011 to 3 and 000 and 001 could be passed on directly

but I was like dude, the bits are right there just let me pass a binary value aaaggg

the binary representation of 010 is 1010 though

yes this was pretty annoying i completely agree with you. in the end i did it without any conditionals though:
mov x1 acc; dgt 1; mul 2; mov acc dat; mov x1 acc; dgt 0; add dat

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Oct 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
give me shr or give me death

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
actually, i managed to cut the power consumption on the joystick one by swapping "tgt x1 -999; - jmp done" with "tcp x1 -999" and just making sure all of my following instructions until the label were prefaced with either + or -. However it means that I duplicated a bunch of instructions like "+ mov x1 acc; - mov x1 acc; + dgt 0;- dgt 0". is there a way to avoid that?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jabor posted:

tgt acc 2
+ sub 8

:smug:

Nice!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

phi kappa FUCKBALLS posted:

Does the negative branch of tcp -999 ever fire?

nope, it literally cannot
(but there are later t** and + and -, so tcp skipping - lines is still relevant

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

bobbilljim posted:

cheesy security nightmare, thanks grey thread

link to the grey thread please? I had a look but couldn't find it

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
a bad score, but yet this is probably the problem i'm most satisfied solving so far:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i picked up a book on html 4.0 back in like 1999 or whatever, do u think i can beat all these programming games?

on one hand html will not help you even slightly in this game. on the other hand, programming in general doesn't really either - it kinda captures a lot of the spirit of coding without the minutiae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Having minor updates break all of your poo poo because you were relying on undefined behaviour is part of the charm of programming! Just look at all of the poo poo that the Dolphin people have to do

• Locked thread