Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aquarium of Lies
Feb 5, 2005

sad cutie
:justtrans:

she/her
Taco Defender
I love zachtronics games and yet always burn myself out optimizing solutions before finishing the game so I haven't actually beat any of them. will shenzhen be the one to break the pattern?? lol no feel free to add me on steam to fuel my optimization addiction: http://steamcommunity.com/id/aquariumoflies

like others have said knowing programming doesn't really help. tis-100 and shenzhen both use overly simplistic models and focus on challenging you given the restrictions they impose. I like both these games though cause beating one puzzle usually unlocks multiple others, so if you get stuck on a puzzle you can work on something else. you'll be fine without being a terrible programmer if you can think things through. or stubbornly brute force things, I have some shameful solutions solved by slamming chips together:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread