Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HorseHeadBed
May 6, 2009
Jumping in so I don't forget this thread exists. I use InDesign every day at work and at night for my on projects. I'm a production designer for a book publisher and do a lot of the things you describe - defining styles, changing text flow, etc. Can be maddening as hell, but a fun kind of fiddly. Perhaps look for production design jobs in the book publishing industry? A lot of graphic designers don't want to do the work because it's not considered creative enough, but like most things, it's what you make it.

(I also use InDesign for my own projects, which are a bit more free wheeling. I realised at some point that pretty much everything I was doing in Illustrator could be done directly in InD and I didn't have to keep updating links and stuff.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread