Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
This is a cool thread and I will follow along. I've been doing InDesign academically and professionally for about 4 years.

Unfortunately for the last 3 I feel like my skills have actually lowered because I basically am that guy for our team, which means I generally just crank out the same types of stuff over and over.

Personally, my field is in the social sciences. However having photoshop/indesign skills really increased my value during interviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
How do I (can I) package an indesign file to include fonts from TypeKit? My understanding is no.

From: https://helpx.adobe.com/typekit/using/package-font-files.html

quote:

Packaging features, such as the “Package” found in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator, are often used to send documents for print output. Fonts are usually included with a package to ensure that the document fonts are always available.

Most existing font license agreements – including the standard EULA for the Adobe Type Library and Font Folio – do not cover sending font files to third parties, unless that third party has their own license to the same font. Similarly, the Typekit terms of service do not allow copying or moving the files that have been synced from Typekit.

Since packaging is not a supported workflow, each person using the file will need to have the necessary fonts available on their computer, licensed via their own Typekit subscription, or as a traditional desktop purchase. Print bureaus will be able to access the fonts in the same way: either through their own Typekit plan or by purchasing the font from the foundry or an authorized reseller.

Even though the type selected is free.

• Locked thread