Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Harminoff posted:

Permadeath on this would be terrifying. Either way though I can't wait! This might my dream game depending on a few things.

I guess currently the motor assembly instructions are not in English and I know jack poo poo about cars so trying to build my car will be fun.

I'll probably make a thread for this within the next few days unless someone else wants to? Also taking title suggestions.

My Summer Car: Modern day bildungsromeo

My Summer Car: A Boy and his Car

My Summer Car: More like IKia

My Summer Car: Finntires

Also this game looks incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
My Summer Car: Now with free Amis 5000 with every purchase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbd0G3o9-to

For those who haven't seen this finnish classic

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

mackintosh posted:

You can't have an efficient large-scale farm without CP's automation. Even if you do most things manually, and I do a lot of that myself, offloading and selling grain is such a mind numbingly boring chore, the mere thought of doing that myself makes me nauseous. Not to mention the time it takes that is better spent elsewhere.
For me what I dislike the most is to unload combines and anything involving grass so it is nice to hear the AI can at least windrow and I assume tedder too now. It is also extremely irritating to sell silage manually too since you can't just dump it all in there, you have to wait for it to be processed before you can dump another load in. I also hope that they gave map design a bit more thought, it is so frustrating when the AI constantly gets stuck on a fence when working a field for example.

Pretty weird this game that it is pretty much required to use a mod, courseplay, if you want to run a large farm. You could try multiplayer I guess but the few times I've tried it there has always been griefers and mentally challenged people making it a chore to play.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

TjyvTompa posted:

Pretty weird this game that it is pretty much required to use a mod, courseplay, if you want to run a large farm. You could try multiplayer I guess but the few times I've tried it there has always been griefers and mentally challenged people making it a chore to play.

Indeed, I'm not fond of multi either. Courseplay is a godsend. It is quite literally the only thing that kept me playing once my machine park got beyond a certain size. I would have abandoned FS15 after just under 50 hours had it not been finally ported over. CP does a perfect job of eliminating most annoyances allowing the user to focus on whatever interests them the most. I'm genuinely surprised GIANTS haven't tried to implement their own version of this mod. Perhaps they don't want the support headache to go along with it.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Perhaps Giants are a bunch of idiots that have no idea what makes their own game popular and the only reason they have been successful is because they have exactly 0 competition hmmmm
It will be very interesting to see what the new farming sim games will bring to the table and how, if, it will change Farming Simulator.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Farming Simulator 17 improved workers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXatjz9Jw5E&t=4145s

This is what they've been working on for the last four years.

I swear, Cattle & Crops can't come soon enough.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Thread for my summer car has been made! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794951 TWO MORE DAYS!!

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
I'll probably grab FS in the Christmas sale, there should be good mods out then.

Multiplayer FS is totally fun and possible, but you need to have someone organize a session, distribute all the mods, and maybe even make sure there are enough vehicles and fields for everyone. You can set it so only admin users can buy new fields and vehicles, and fast-forward time. The downside is that there needs to be an admin around at all times or the players may run out of useful things to do.

TjyvTompa posted:

Perhaps Giants are a bunch of idiots that have no idea what makes their own game popular and the only reason they have been successful is because they have exactly 0 competition hmmmm
It will be very interesting to see what the new farming sim games will bring to the table and how, if, it will change Farming Simulator.

Isn't this the problem with pretty much all sims? Even if there is competition, it usually doesn't match up in terms of quality (not even to DTG's or Giants' very low standard of quality). Or they get even more niche.

I found a new train sim yesterday, Zusi. It's 64 euros which is kinda expensive but it does include quite a lot of routes and trains: http://www.zusi.de/zusi-3-hobby/lieferumfang.html

The focus lies on accurate physics, there's even a pro version aimed at railway employees. Graphically it looks a little better than Run 8, but the driver's cabs are simple 2D with some lighting effects (e.g. the cab goes dark and the gauges light up when you enter a tunnel).

I like the feature of EBULA support. EBULA is an e-book thing that describes the route, so drivers can use it to see what's coming up ahead, using trackside mileposts. I think you can put the EBULA on your second monitor.

The downside about Zusi is that it's all in German, both content and language. I don't know if my German is good enough to make sense of this.

I found someone building an EBULA tool for Train Simulator the other day, very very WIP but supposedly you can even run it on your android tablet.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
SpinTires is EUR 6.24 on IndieGala for the next 10 days or so. https://www.indiegala.com/store/product/spintires/263280

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Apparently FS17 is releasing ~2 hours from now.

EDIT: oops was wrong, timer on steam says one more hour.

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 24, 2016

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I'm about to dive into my first farming sim with 17. In Australia the game has been released with the preorder tractors still included until the 1st of November

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
FS17 first impressions from a hardcore xxxtreme FS sperg:

Looks pretty. More intriguing new features than I expected. More nuanced handling of fertilization provides a really, REALLY nice happy medium between vanilla FS15 and full-fledged Soilmod. Cooler collection of vehicles/implements/brands than 15. Livestock changes are nice. Some promising new mechanics under the hood for modders to take advantage of. Optimization seems (arguably) a bit better than 15; we'll see what it looks like with mods in the mix.

My biggest concern at the moment is that everything looks so graphically tight, most run-of-mill FS15 mod conversions are going to stick out like a sore thumb without a fair bit of TLC. It's already bad enough in FS15 when modders don't bother to set up their .xml stuff properly and various bits and pieces end up hosed up or missing. With some of the prettier new menu/HUD elements in FS17, the typical half-assed conversion (that used to be tolerable, sometimes, if you took a shot of whiskey and squinted just right) is going to look like a bucket of pig poo poo. Hopefully more middle-of-the-road modders will start putting a little more care into their work. Ain't no substitute for polish, lil' moderinos.

("gently caress you." --57 Russian guys who just ripped off the same Ursus and released 57 mind-bogglingly lovely versions of it, each with its own unique deal-breaking bug.)

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Trustworthy posted:

My biggest concern at the moment is that everything looks so graphically tight, most run-of-mill FS15 mod conversions are going to stick out like a sore thumb without a fair bit of TLC.
What do you mean by this? Is it like when FS15 introduced the dirt mechanic and mods always remained squeaky clean? It looked weird to see a dirty tractor pull a clean implement, or vice-versa.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Stick Insect posted:

What do you mean by this? Is it like when FS15 introduced the dirt mechanic and mods always remained squeaky clean? It looked weird to see a dirty tractor pull a clean implement, or vice-versa.

Yeah, that kind of stuff, but .xml stuff as well as graphics. Yeah, I still regularly run across FS15 mods without dirt layers. It sucks to find a cool tractor and then discover that it's missing such a basic piece of functionality. Also really low-res or just plain lovely textures; stuff that looked okay in 13, looked a bit out of place when it got ported to 15, and is now going to look like utter garbage when it inevitably gets dragged, kicking and streaming, into 17.

More care will need to be taken with icons, to fit in with 17's cleverly designed interface. And there's more text/data that gets listed more prominently in menus this time around; it's going to be way more obvious if a modder gets lazy and doesn't fill out categories/stats stuff properly.

Basically I just want community content to look beautiful and mesh immaculately with the vanilla game and to always be perfect in every way, SURELY THAT ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK

Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009
Whats the best way to play this? I tried FS15 and the driving felt shallow and the mechanics repetitive.

The pictures scream Sperg Fun, but I can't find it. Please help me find it. Is it using TIR/wheel? MP? Just being big into tractors?

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Snaxx posted:

Whats the best way to play this? I tried FS15 and the driving felt shallow and the mechanics repetitive.

The pictures scream Sperg Fun, but I can't find it. Please help me find it. Is it using TIR/wheel? MP? Just being big into tractors?

I kind of got into tractors and farming poo poo because of Farming Simulator. I would do some random thing in-game, wonder how it's done in the real world, and run off and read a bunch of wiki articles or whatever. Then I'd inevitably stumble across some spergy-rear end mod that made the game do that exact thing in a more realistic way, and I'd go "oh hell yeah!" and try it out. Rinse and repeat. Probably not a huge help for you, but that's how it hooked me. Now I have favorite tractor manufacturers for some reason. I'm a grown rear end man and there's literally a model tractor on my desk right now. I've become an actual crazy person.

Another answer is that I really like pseudo-RPing running an entire farm operation. There are some awesome modded maps out there for FS15 (and will be for FS17, soon enough) that have a ton of character. I like setting myself up with a little land and some really modest, vintage equipment, and making a plan for how I'm going to grow the place and expand operations over the course of several seasons. Again, I'm a big ol' weirdo, so YMMV.

For what it's worth, I think playing Farming Simulator with a wheel is a huge pain in the dick. I use my G27 for trucks sims, but for FS there are just too many other keys and commands to keep straight. I use my old XBox 360 gamepad and swear by it. The game uses the shoulder buttons as modifier keys in a really intuitive way. It find having every possible function right at my fingertips to be way more immersive (and convenient) than trying to emulate a whole tractor dashboard set-up across my desk.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
The fun is in the mods, pretty much everything from the base game can be improved upon in the form of a mod, be it the game interface, the detail of the simulation (soilmod, drive control, animal handling - now part of the base game), ai control (courseplay, autocombine), maps (Tunxdorf, Sandy bay), buildings (UPK stuff like the fruit trees) and of course vehicles (too many to list).

Trustworthy posted:

Basically I just want community content to look beautiful and mesh immaculately with the vanilla game and to always be perfect in every way, SURELY THAT ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK
I suppose that's because it's really easy to convert a vehicle mod over to a newer version of TS, even if you're completely incapable of making your own mods.

Yet despite that there's always some old mod I sorely miss in a newer version. I miss my TS13 default Schlüter SuperTrac. There were plenty out there, but the physics were awful.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
They really turned up the yield on grass, cutting the grass 3 times and then making a windrow will make it so large that the tractor will barely be able to pull a forage wagon on top of it.

Even 2 cuttings make for a lot of bales, spent a lot of time picking all these bales up.

Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009
Thanks for the answers. I will try this again- especially if goons do mp.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
In FS2015, I've found grass yields to vary dramatically depending on the implements used to harvest it.

1. mowing directly and picking up with a forage wagon
2. mowing with a forage harvester (gives you chaff instead of grass, but much more of it)
3. mowing, windrowing, and then picking up the windrow with the forage harvester (gives you chaff, but some insane amounts of it)

Which makes sense, otherwise you'd never bother with option 3.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Stick Insect posted:

In FS2015, I've found grass yields to vary dramatically depending on the implements used to harvest it.

1. mowing directly and picking up with a forage wagon
2. mowing with a forage harvester (gives you chaff instead of grass, but much more of it)
3. mowing, windrowing, and then picking up the windrow with the forage harvester (gives you chaff, but some insane amounts of it)

Which makes sense, otherwise you'd never bother with option 3.

My pictures are from FS2017 and they increased the yield exponentially. Field 28 on the american map, ~1ha, yields ~500,000 units when mowed, teddered or not.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

My FS 2017 quickie review

Farm sim 2017 is a huge upgrade to 2015.. one of the biggest Pluses.. TIE-DOWN-STRAPS. the logs get tied down now with the push of a button, or you can click on each point on the trailer if you want to do it manually. This helps treemendously (get it?) when you are hauling logs around they no longer slide off the back of the trailer when you go up a hill, or accelerate too fast. Trees though are wort a lot less, gone are the days of 2-3k per tree, maybe if it was a full tree that you dragged there. You can also manually drag logs that don't sell from the trailer if they aren't too big.

There are missions.. but not like the old ones.. GO here and pick up crap and deliver it here. the other farm plots are owned by AI farmers, so the missions are farming related, this way you can make money while waiting for your crops to grow.

The train I don't think adds much to the game, but maybe if you have a ton of stuff to move around the map, but for small things I feel like loading a trailer and dumping it works well enough. Maybe later you can buy a silo that dumps on the train.. I dont' know.

I also haven't experienced much when it comes to the extra crops but there several more.

Another thing is seeds and Fertilizer now need to be bought at the store and either filled there on a pallet or taken home and stored for filling.
There seems to be more to do to pass the time in this one.. but I've only played for a few hours at this point.
another plus, you can lease vehicles that you need so if you need a big something but can't quite pay for it out of pocket you can lease it.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 26, 2016

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
so i bought finnish car surgeon simulator

tried to punch the fuzzy dice in my car, and punched out the windshield instead. GOTY

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

According to Steam I have 711 hours in Train Simulator, I've had it since it was Railworks 2. I haven't touched it since March, and that was just a very short session I think.

The graphics is kinda bad, I can live with that.

The performance is atrocious given what it's supposed to be doing. I can live with that too.

The menu system has become gradually worse. Annoying, but I can still get a game started at least.

The physics simulation of brakes, gearboxes etc. isn't terribly good either, as far as I know, I'm not much into the mechanical parts. I can mostly live with that, eventually learning the feel required for various trains.

But the signalling, AI dispatcher, and their handling of scenario timetables. Those are absolutely horrible and are what has made me quit playing.
Well that and the quality of the scenarios supplied too, massively buggy all over.
The old UK signals are passable, after all that's what it was designed for. It still feels clunky to drive against at times, but almost works most of the time. (But you have to do the "tab to request permission to pass" thing too often, I think?)
Some of the basic US signals are also okay I guess, I don't play US routes much. (I find them boring, and don't like the designs of the locomotives either.)
But actual modern, advanced signalling breaks down.

The attempts to implement the German light signals and in-cab signals are so obviously gigantic hacks, and the PZB90 can be impressively unpredictable. It's worse in DTG's published add-ons, the VirtualRailroads BR143 is pretty good, but also only fully compatible with one route. Perhaps because DTG's signalling work on the other German routes is shoddy. For a completely basic example, why does the PZB90 trigger emergency brakes for a signal-passed-at-danger event when running past a red shunting signal that does not have a PZB magnet? They implemented the PZB trigger on the signal instead of on a separate magnet object like they should have.
I recall there being several places on various scenarios where speed restrictions are not warned properly, and the signal that should have given you the initial warning about an upcoming restriction is either missing, or triggers the PZB emergency braking because you aren't already at the limited speed even though there is another 1 km before the restriction should be in effect.

Or the scenario where they randomly have a segment of 120 km/h speed limit track that should have been 160 km/h, no signage or signalling about it, and it's obviously a bug in the scenario or the map. But they never fixed it.

I've tried my hand at making scenarios, and the AI dispatcher/timetable handling is massively frustrating to dance with. It's not really possible to create a busy station in its current state. You will get conflicts galore on timetables that ought to work out just fine. But no, the piece of poo poo insists on gigantic spacing of trains and keeping track reserved far before and past what's necessary.

I've tried my hand at implementing new signals. I kind of got something half working, but it's a Sisyphean battle. The entire thing is rear end backwards. Instead of defining track segments that can have occupancy, e.g. by track circuits or axle counters that the game engine should reasonably be able to handle, you have to create "signal objects" that have a direction on a track, and there are sort-of-but-not-really implicit track segments between following signal objects. Signals and related things (such as ATC balises) have no reasonable way to communicate, only a rudimentary message passing along the train track, and only to a directly following signal object, no real broadcast mechanism, and no real structured data. And that mechanism is heavily obstructed with the dispatcher system's connectivity fuckery, where it entirely blocks messages that can't follow a valid train path it has decided upon.
The result is that you can't very well implement advanced aspects that depend on the state of multiple other signals and what paths may be set from signals in neighboring tracks. It may be possible to hack in, by adding some scenario specific extra markers, but that's just even more insane.

poo poo is terrible and I can't enjoy it at all.

You can perhaps tell I kind of like the dispatcher aspect of railroading. I can recommend having a good time with SimSig instead.
(If anyone's up for a networked session of SimSig I'd love to try that.)

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I bought Finnish car surgeon and urination simulator and monotony simulator and refunded, I didn't realize it was a survival Sim... back to farming and flying and driving simulation.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I forgot one thing in my Railworks rant.

The included scenarios tend to always be on completely insane timetables, with zero slack, and they pretty much all expect you to run the engine and brakes at max.
Entering a siding and coupling up a bunch of goods cars? Just bump into them, hook up the coupling, and off you go. Who needs brake tests anyway?
Running around a column of passenger cars to drive back again? Sure you can do that in 3 minutes.

gently caress those scenarios. Not that it's even possible to do much better with the tools they hand you.
Piece of poo poo.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

nielsm posted:

I forgot one thing in my Railworks rant.

The included scenarios tend to always be on completely insane timetables, with zero slack, and they pretty much all expect you to run the engine and brakes at max.
Entering a siding and coupling up a bunch of goods cars? Just bump into them, hook up the coupling, and off you go. Who needs brake tests anyway?
Running around a column of passenger cars to drive back again? Sure you can do that in 3 minutes.

gently caress those scenarios. Not that it's even possible to do much better with the tools they hand you.
Piece of poo poo.

This is my least favourite part of Trainsimulator too. The passenger ones are usually beatable but goods/freight require you to hover right on the speedlimit constantly which brings another bad mechanic to light, the fact that you instantly lose points if you go 0.1km/h over the speedlimit. It's also usually very hard to keep the speed constant, especially on the american trains, many scenarios are nothing but you juggling the accelerator and brakes constantly to keep your train right at the speedlimit.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Actually you lose points if you go 0.5 mph over the limit I think. I know this because I think you can only actually hit all the correct times if you go that tiny bit over the limit.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Actually you lose points if you go 0.5 mph over the limit I think. I know this because I think you can only actually hit all the correct times if you go that tiny bit over the limit.

Not exactly true, I forgot to mention one part of how it works. If the speedlimit is 50km/h you can actually go up to 50.9km/h without penalty but as soon as you hit 51 the penalties start. But for freight scenarios it is pretty much required that you go within 50-50.5km/h to make the time for example.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

nielsm posted:

You can perhaps tell I kind of like the dispatcher aspect of railroading. I can recommend having a good time with SimSig instead.
(If anyone's up for a networked session of SimSig I'd love to try that.)

I've tried simsig a few times before, there's plenty of free content for it. I found it very confusing, but it all depends on the map you're playing on. Chicago loop line is pretty easy because trains only pass through, so you don't have to transpose anything, or give special orders.

Got a good free map to recommend? And maybe some tutorials?

nielsm posted:

And on top of that, the train you're using has power and brake forces modelled to be much higher than in reality. And it's still impossible.

If you mod the train in any way, you'll get a tracks.dat loading error. Because you can't be allowed to score achievements through modded content, you dirty cheater. If you see this error, press F2 for the "save game" dialog, then press cancel, you can now play the scenario anyway. But you'll score no achievements.

It's impossible to try to collect all achievements anyway, as it requires you to own most of the DLC, and some scenarios are known to be impossible to finish without penalties.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

FS17 is really a nice improvement and overall feels like a worthy sequel instead of a DLC reskin that some were worried about. The log tie down was already mentioned but theres a bunch of other QoL changes. I actually really like that trees aren't a way to cheese the economy of the game. I do agree the trains don't add much, and only the one map has them anyway. I know they wanted to have this crane thing at the train depot but it just seems like a bit much to have two of them, instead of just one train with a longer track that would run around the whole map.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Womyn Capote posted:

FS17 is really a nice improvement and overall feels like a worthy sequel instead of a DLC reskin that some were worried about. The log tie down was already mentioned but theres a bunch of other QoL changes. I actually really like that trees aren't a way to cheese the economy of the game. I do agree the trains don't add much, and only the one map has them anyway. I know they wanted to have this crane thing at the train depot but it just seems like a bit much to have two of them, instead of just one train with a longer track that would run around the whole map.

Agreed. Last night I sat down to make a first impressions video, mostly just pointing out notable changes from 15->17. Pretty soon I looked at the clock and realized the dumb thing was already an hour long, and I'd barely made it through the options/menu screens. I'll have to redo it as a some kind of quick-cutting lightning round or something.

I was worried about FS17 being a bare-bones experience out-of-the-box, before the modding community had a chance to work it over for a few months. I am no longer worried about that. There are few mods I'm really missing, but probably 90% of my must-have gameplay mods have been integrated as core mechanics.

Missions are still loving stupid, though. Hey idiot neighbor, pay me $5,000 for literally five minutes of scrub labor, you provide all equipment and materials.

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 27, 2016

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The best mod is the "real clock " one it puts a clock on the top right so you know what time it is in real life.

Also on top of getting paid you get a discount on their farmland up to 20%!

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 27, 2016

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.
All the QOL stuff in FS17 is fantastic. No longer having to gently caress around relentlessly to feed wood into the chipper almost made me cry. tossin those tiny little logs in the back, bliss....

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Really enjoying FS17, though I wish they used the controls from Construction Sim for moving booms and stuff, they were really intuitive. I am considering setting up a dedicated server but I heard there are money issues with them (host has to log in to get the money, can't distribute it, etc). I'd kind of like to see how fast goons would own all the fields and create farmpocalypse.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

Really enjoying FS17, though I wish they used the controls from Construction Sim for moving booms and stuff, they were really intuitive. I am considering setting up a dedicated server but I heard there are money issues with them (host has to log in to get the money, can't distribute it, etc). I'd kind of like to see how fast goons would own all the fields and create farmpocalypse.

According to the official forums everyone with a dedicated server is having money problems, so best to hold off until its fixed

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anyone found a good money maker? In FS15 you could sew trees next to the lake at the lumber mill and chop them and push them in with a loader for solid dough, but they seem to have nerfed trees.

I also don't get the trains, it seems like for the hassle of driving TO the train stop, unloading into it, loading it into the train, training to the other dropoff, and unloading you may as well drive a tipper all the way there in the first place.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Elendil004 posted:

Anyone found a good money maker?

Do jobs for other farmers. Paid off the initial loans after like 3 or 4 jobs.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
My biggest annoyance with FS17 right now are the paltry seed/fertilizer bag sizes. I didn't bother making any actual calculations, but the sowers take circa about 1000 seeds per hectare. That means that sowing most of the larger fields will require dozens of bags. If you decide to run a large-scale operation while maintaining a semblance of realism, that will easily translate into tedious, mind numbing, nauseating and boring gameplay. As usual, GIANTS listened to the community, came up with a solution and fell short and flat on their faces when it came to implementing it.

I'm sure that in time we will see mods that deal with this, but I'm so sick and tired of having to wait for mods to fix something that shouldn't have been an issue to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Elendil004 posted:

Anyone found a good money maker? In FS15 you could sew trees next to the lake at the lumber mill and chop them and push them in with a loader for solid dough, but they seem to have nerfed trees.

I also don't get the trains, it seems like for the hassle of driving TO the train stop, unloading into it, loading it into the train, training to the other dropoff, and unloading you may as well drive a tipper all the way there in the first place.

There is a place to sell stuff that is only reachable by train, you dump it straight from the railcars. From what I've seen the place where you sell lumber is also only reachable by train.
A good moneymaker is silage for the biogas plant since the yield of the grass is goddamn ridiculous, the limit for the silage receptor has been raised to 50,000 units too so you don't have to wait for it to empty all the time as in the previous games. Also cows are quite nice, with 80 cows I do a profit of 32,000 per day with running costs and hired workers costing around 9,000 per day. The cows also require much less food than before, at 80 cows I only need about 22,000 units of mixed ration per day.

Also, a good tip for feeding the cows, since you can now dump anything into piles you do not need to make bales at all. Just buy the self-loading feeder thing and have it scoop up the teddered grass, hay and silage from your huge piles. The feeder can also be used to very easily clean around the feeding areas.

This took a while:

Edit: The patch is out

quote:

Fixed error when buying and selling animals with the languages Chinese and Russian.
Fixed mirror font on the left side of the locomotive.
Fixed update of money when playing on dedicated servers.
Fixed buy state of chainsaw when joining a dedicated server.
Fixed "pause if empty" on dedicated servers.
Controls screen fixes: inverted axis assignment, mapping Y-axis of joysticks, deleting axis mappings, assigning gamepad trigger axes, assigning axes when a wheel has a clutch (e.g. Logitech G29).
Fixed Valtra T indoor color.
Fixed visual artefacts of the lighting on older GPUs.
Fixed starting a dedicated server if the Windows username is disallowed by the profanity filter (e.g. Administrator).
Fixed dedicated server web interface showing game admin password and restart button to non-admin users.
Improved detection of potential issues with mods on dedicated server.
Added missing fonts for dedicated servers.

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Oct 28, 2016