Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

Accretionist posted:

Hey now, I can pay utilities and rent on credit. I've never not been able to put 100% of my cost-of-living on credit. In fact, the only thing I don't run through my card is rent because the surcharge exceeds the cashback rewards.
Many of us can't or shouldn't pay with a card. I think my power company allows a CC payment with a $5 transaction fee, which is like 6-7% for me. That's steep. My landlord only takes checks, same as most mortgage servicers. You can often pay a third party to convert credit to check but that usually is in the ~5% range (I miss AmEx Serve!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanthia
Dec 2, 2014
Did you talk to your lawyer about a bankruptcy possibly having an impact on your ability to be employed in the finance industry? Sometimes it's not a huge deal, but that's the biggest thing I'd be worrying about in your case.

• Locked thread