Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I ended up going with a magic crowd, and while I likely could have arranged things for more damage I still managed to eke out mastery. (I lost one star for actions and two for damage.) At the end, both Exdeath and Papalymo were running on fumes, though at least Tyro had casts for days. (He was my offensive white mage because that synergy harp is really good for it, and because I didn't think of swapping his role with Cait Sith's or Ovelia's. :downs:) Meanwhile I gave Mako Might to Cait Sith on a lark, and it probably really helped the party by allowing him to keep up Toy Soldier (-50% ATK/MAG for 25s) pretty much constantly. (Also pictured is why I haven't tried doing CMs yet - I don't have the levels for a lot of characters.)

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Boostaga, Faithaga? Pffft. The cool way to do ultimates now is to use strong BSB/OSB roaming warriors. :smug:

For the Midgar Zolom, I used this:

Hit Armor Breakdown, hit Full Break, hit for 199998 total damage in two turns. Cool. :black101:

Less impressive screens for Diamond Weapon:

With my gear Reno was hitting for about 4500x5 and Vincent for 5900x4 per Burst command, making short work of the boss. Meanwhile I had three medicas keeping everyone nice and healthy. Sort of easy, though I had to rely on my skill hones to finish the last 10% or so.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 10, 2016

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Going back in time to the event ending in a few hours or so, I, uh, have a question.

So, the only SB I even have in the party is Mighty Guard VIII, not even a shared medica equipped. Selphie ended the battle with 8 charges of Curaja because I didn't need to cast anymore after it stopped attacking physically.
Did I miss some mechanic, and that's why every single one of the dragon's spells did 0 damage, or...?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Hogama posted:

Going back in time to the event ending in a few hours or so, I, uh, have a question.

So, the only SB I even have in the party is Mighty Guard VIII, not even a shared medica equipped. Selphie ended the battle with 8 charges of Curaja because I didn't need to cast anymore after it stopped attacking physically.
Did I miss some mechanic, and that's why every single one of the dragon's spells did 0 damage, or...?

What was your RW?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

What was your RW?

Shout.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Huh. Then, uh, no, that's very strange.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
just reporting in to say that yes RWing Hope's Divine Judgement Burst makes the U++ pretty easy

Any opinions on which available mc3 rm unlock is the best?

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 10, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Best is "whichever of the available characters is on your A team," followed by Luneth because his level 99 RM is a 40% chance of doubling exp.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm gunning for Pencil's MC3 first myself, since he's on my A-Team and that 30% Holy Damage will be hella sexy for him to abuse, along with any other knights I end up using.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Based on my current A-team, I could have egged Vaan or Tyro immediately to 99, but I don't really need the extra stats on them, nor their RMs right away. Made it easy to decide on burning all of my major eggs on Luneth to 99 first. That exp RM will pay itself back in time. Poor Luneth won't get any use at all though until the next III event though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

In the latest of "for the love of everything stop pulling you idiot" I got a generic Diamond Mail (V) from Cloud OSB 1! That's 4 generics in the past week! :shepface:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Snazzy Frocks posted:

just reporting in to say that yes RWing Hope's Divine Judgement Burst makes the U++ pretty easy

None of them because that requires getting them to level 99 and that leads to :siren:wasted EXP:siren:

:colbert:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

None of them because that requires getting them to level 99 and that leads to :siren:wasted EXP:siren:

:colbert:

Only if you use the character again after that! Which is why Luneth is the perfect choice.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Schwartzcough posted:

Only if you use the character again after that! Which is why Luneth is the perfect choice.

I mean, I decent amount of people are going to end up getting his BSB chasing Onion's BSB so that's not exactly true. Enwind + stun, with stun and self buff commands isn't amazing, but it's still pretty great - and more useful once the ATK soft cap increases.

That said, I'm still going for Luneth for my MC3 and I'll max him out once I get his RM3 to drop. I'll be taking it slow for everyone else barring any extremely lucky pulls like getting someone's OSB, or actually getting Onion's BSB, where he needs to get to at least level 92 to become better then a Core.

edit: Although you get Onion's MC3 in the event so that's sort of an exception.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

pichupal posted:

I mean, I decent amount of people are going to end up getting his BSB chasing Onion's BSB so that's not exactly true. Enwind + stun, with stun and self buff commands isn't amazing, but it's still pretty great - and more useful once the ATK soft cap increases.

That said, I'm still going for Luneth for my MC3 and I'll max him out once I get his RM3 to drop. I'll be taking it slow for everyone else barring any extremely lucky pulls like getting someone's OSB, or actually getting Onion's BSB, where he needs to get to at least level 92 to become better then a Core.

Yeah, I went with Luneth immediately on my JP account because it's new and thus still has very few eggs, nor a lot of already leveled characters. I wasn't actually gonna do it on Global but I wasn't counting on how slim the pickings were for the initial MC3 batch. The only character in there that's at all good for me really is Ramza, but then his MC3 doesn't look all that good? So perhaps I'll just throw it on Luneth there too and count on clearing the next 160 as well for another one.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is it a bad idea to use mythril for a stamina recharge on these sundailies? It's really tempting to refresh it and keep pushing levels, but I know a lot of people recommend never using mythril for stamina.

It's not a bad idea if it's going to significantly enhance your power level. Last week I couldn't defeat two of the dooms so I dropped five mythril on the Sundaily and leveled my A-team, acquiring Mako Might and Battleforged in the process.

I wrecked those two dooms as a direct result.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

LornMarkus posted:

Yeah, I went with Luneth immediately on my JP account because it's new and thus still has very few eggs, nor a lot of already leveled characters. I wasn't actually gonna do it on Global but I wasn't counting on how slim the pickings were for the initial MC3 batch. The only character in there that's at all good for me really is Ramza, but then his MC3 doesn't look all that good? So perhaps I'll just throw it on Luneth there too and count on clearing the next 160 as well for another one.

You could look at the next wave and keep some in reserve. There are some popular characters and RMs on there; Celes for Spellblade +40% and Agrias for Knight +40% are probably the best two of the set. Since Celes's BSB commands are typed as Spellblade, it's a no brainer to pick her if you have the BSB. If you got Aerith's BSB, the extra 20 19 levels from her MC3 will make her less squishy.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm gunning for Pencil's MC3 first myself, since he's on my A-Team and that 30% Holy Damage will be hella sexy for him to abuse, along with any other knights I end up using.

This is what I did. I have his BSB and Platinum Shield - is stacking all three basically best in slot?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

pichupal posted:

You could look at the next wave and keep some in reserve. There are some popular characters and RMs on there; Celes for Spellblade +40% and Agrias for Knight +40% are probably the best two of the set. Since Celes's BSB commands are typed as Spellblade, it's a no brainer to pick her if you have the BSB. If you got Aerith's BSB, the extra 20 19 levels from her MC3 will make her less squishy.

Sadly I really wanted Celes' BSB but have only managed to grab Indomitable Blade in JP and nothing else. Basically the only character in Global I'd really want to give it to would be Beatrix because her RM isn't incredible but I have the Lightbringer IX so she does work.

JP side though I may have to drop one on Agrias, cause all I have for her there is Hallowed Bolt but that seems like a way better break than I ever gave it credit for. Consistently does huge damage when buffed by shout, it's group rather than single target like many of my other attacks on JP are, and that Paralysis and Silence chance actually helps a lot more than you'd think.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

pichupal posted:

Don't forget that anyone who got Cid's Goggles is gonna get great mileage out of Gungnir (especially since Cid can also use it). And even they don't, they're just 50 Mythril away from getting an Oath Veil on Tyro Selection 2.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

NaanViolence posted:

It's not a bad idea if it's going to significantly enhance your power level. Last week I couldn't defeat two of the dooms so I dropped five mythril on the Sundaily and leveled my A-team, acquiring Mako Might and Battleforged in the process.

I wrecked those two dooms as a direct result.

I'll second this. It's probably not worth it if you already have a solid team at or near the cap or if an item is coming up on a banner which you really want, but it's otherwise a good idea to get your team up to a point where it can start doing at least some of the later stuff.The more bosses you can kill in each event, the more major orbs you can get, which in turn makes it much easier to make 5-stars and hone 4-stars which in turn makes it way easier to get any memory crystals, accessories, record sphere motes, and new skills they hand out.Being able to take on Nightmare dungeons especially helps with this since they hand out plenty of major orbs for mastering them.

It's basically a cascade effect where the rate at which your overall power level grows accelerates for a long time because being able to take on more content grants you access to more loot and a wider variety of loot. Getting good gear is definitely important, especially since some characters come up far less often than others, but being overly cautious about spending at least a little bit of mythril on other things can lead to missing out on plenty of motes, lodes, accessories, orbs, and ability handouts.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Did somebody say the Eiko event starts soon? Crap. The Lucky Draw starts tomorrow night, and I'm only at 15 mythril. That means that if I do the Lucky Draw, I won't be able to do an 11 pull on Eiko 1...this is a bad situation.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Diamond Weapon was annoying as hell because my physical synergy is phenomenal, but I have literally zero magic relics. I finished the CM with a mage team that ran out of black magic and was down to my last few ninja magic casts. :sweatdrop:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

acumen posted:

This is what I did. I have his BSB and Platinum Shield - is stacking all three basically best in slot?

I don't even have any +Holy gear to use and only have his SSB and he still punches the damage cap pretty reliably with Shout and WoL's 20% Holy RM, though I've mostly been doing realm dungeons lately. In event Ultimates and poo poo I imagine the combination of all those things will put him into Holy God of Destruction territory pretty easily as well.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Did somebody say the Eiko event starts soon? Crap. The Lucky Draw starts tomorrow night, and I'm only at 15 mythril. That means that if I do the Lucky Draw, I won't be able to do an 11 pull on Eiko 1...this is a bad situation.
How's your healer situation? If you already have a really good healer SB, Eiko 1 isn't as high a priority. I'm actually considering skipping it, since I got Strange Vision so if I went for Eiko 1 it would primarily be a hail mary for Lightbringer IX.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

How's your healer situation? If you already have a really good healer SB, Eiko 1 isn't as high a priority.

I have three Magic Blink healing SBs (Rosa's, Selphie's and Ovelia's). I also have Penelo's War Dance, but that conflicts with Shout and isn't as good as Magic Blink.

I just need IX synergy really badly. But I also need XIII synergy really badly. It's just annoying. I'm almost certainly going to do the Lucky Draw though, even if it's a bust it was only half price.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
I have two synergy sticks for FF7, literally just two.

One's the Gold Sword you get from Cid Missions, which sucks.

The other is Vincent's Shotgun.

It's amazing what you can do with Hope's BSB and a shotgun. RIP U++ Diamond Weapon.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

SageAcrin posted:

I have two synergy sticks for FF7, literally just two.

One's the Gold Sword you get from Cid Missions, which sucks.

The other is Vincent's Shotgun.

It's amazing what you can do with Hope's BSB and a shotgun. RIP U++ Diamond Weapon.
This is exactly my synergy + Aeris's lovely cura+reraise medica, so I guess I'll give it a shot later.

Brian Fellows
May 29, 2003
I'm Brian Fellows
Finally beat drat Mote Ifrit CM (with mastery too!). Short of Dreamstage it would be near impossible to have a better setup than me and it was still ridiculous, took tons of S/L and relied on him only using meteor once, which happened early and when I had full mitigation left.

Roughest fight I've had in a long time. It was very satisfying to watch him burst Rinoa to death while she was queuing her BSB, given that I also had Edea queuing up her ice SSB. If he hits the whole group, I lose. Bitch went for Rinoa and it cost him.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wednesday supposedly.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Twelve by Pies posted:

IX can wait for the next event if you really prefer the Lucky Draw, Eiko's BSB isn't on the best banner (unless you're like me and just really like Steiner and Freya). If you're chasing the banner for Beatrix's BSB, Agrias is getting almost the exact same BSB during OSB fest, and it'll probably be on a good banner? I think it used to be on the Hope OSB banner that was vaguely Holy themed.

That said, you should be able to make both the Eiko 1 and Lucky Draw, but I need to check the math and you'll cut it really close. There's about 15 daily mythril, 20 mythril from Eiko and Guy, 10 of the 15 Fall Giveaway Mythril, then 16 Mythril from the dungeon update if you can clear everything.

That's 61 Mythril which will put you at 76 total, and just enough to get you both draws (6 Mythril will be coming on the very last day Eiko's banners will be open, so I mean JUST enough).

I'm basing this off when the Eiko banner closes so this could be a far less stressful squeeze depending on when the Lucky Draw closes. You're basically really lucky the dungeon update and Fall giveaway are good sources of Mythril.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 11, 2016

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Yaaay, mastered the CM even with bad relics and no SBs besides shared medicas. I had to S/L once because I accidentally cast protectga when I should've been healing, but the second time went pretty smoothly.

I actually had way more trouble with the undead dragons. I brought a bad setup that basically forced me to be doing constant damage, and I couldn't keep up mitigation for all the counters and Pandora's Boxes and crap. Screw those guys.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Schwartzcough posted:

Yaaay, mastered the CM even with bad relics and no SBs besides shared medicas. I had to S/L once because I accidentally cast protectga when I should've been healing, but the second time went pretty smoothly.

I actually had way more trouble with the undead dragons. I brought a bad setup that basically forced me to be doing constant damage, and I couldn't keep up mitigation for all the counters and Pandora's Boxes and crap. Screw those guys.

My VII armors are all Res-based so I'm a bit short in the Def department and thinking of bringing the Atk-Down Dance. Did you need that 2nd ability (Gust?) on Yuffie at all, or could you have gotten by with just the Swift Bolts?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

kalensc posted:

My VII armors are all Res-based so I'm a bit short in the Def department and thinking of bringing the Atk-Down Dance. Did you need that 2nd ability (Gust?) on Yuffie at all, or could you have gotten by with just the Swift Bolts?

I ran it with this comp:

with a hope BSB; that said, the extra dance for Yuffie was Mental Breakdance, not power. With Protectga and Multi Break I had enough mitigation for Aeris to heal through it and mainly just needed to get it over before he could cast too many AE's.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

CaptainPsyko posted:

I ran it with this comp:

with a hope BSB; that said, the extra dance for Yuffie was Mental Breakdance, not power. With Protectga and Multi Break I had enough mitigation for Aeris to heal through it and mainly just needed to get it over before he could cast too many AE's.

You used Sheepsong or Hope's BSB?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I have three Magic Blink healing SBs (Rosa's, Selphie's and Ovelia's).

lol what the gently caress that's all of them. How'd that even happen?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

kalensc posted:

You used Sheepsong or Hope's BSB?

Hope burst. Memento Mori on Vincent was the only Mag boost I had; he was doing ~35k damage per cast of hope burst button 1 with that up and Mental Breakdance. Reno was doing about 25k per cast. Yuffie was doing about 6.5k with fire veil. Only haste I had was butstmode and Aeris's autohaste.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

kalensc posted:

Yuffie's second ability is phantasm, which is the highest single-target ninja magic damage we've got at the moment. Even with Sheepsong my damage output wasn't great (see the lost medal for actions taken), and I was running relatively low on ability uses. If you've got better magic sticks or maybe a Hope BSB RW, you could probably drop Phantasm for a dance.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

:woop: Got the map working! (Edit: Oops, I cropped off the right border.)

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Jesus loving gently caress, that fight was like how Hobbes describes life: nasty, brutish, and short :catstare: Three healers and I could still barely keep up with his damage output, even through protectga and wall. Thank god for FFVII synergy Hope BSB RWs. I would not be ready for U++ otherwise; I have a shaky track record on U+ as it is.

• Locked thread