Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Then again it's around for a long time and right now I'm saving for Eiko and the next lucky banner, so I definitely don't need to be pulling on it right now.
Yeah. I, too, am trying to get what I want from Eiko 1 first while it's around. If I can get Lightbringer IX and Hamelin that will amp my A team very nicely, and the rest wouldn't be too bad to have for when I can make a team using them. Then I'll basically just need SG and Platinum Sword to complete things, which I'll have the next year at least to roll 5 times on.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

This. Ultimate. Is. Terrible. I. Hate. It. So. Much.

It wouldn't be so bad if I had native SG or SS2, but RW lasts like 40% of the duration I need it to.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I could do it with native wall, proshellga and one of my medicas easily because I can take them out fast enough one by one. I just don't have native wall. Or a lot of aoe.

I do happen to have Crystal Cross for Yuffie though..and I could make a couple Aegis Strikes and veils...hmmm.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Other than Tyro not really. I was using the 3* one and I just can't take the constant boomerang swords without stoneskin/sg.

E: I don't have enough orbs to make an attack down dance at the moment anyway.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 9, 2016

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

If you want I can put up an FF8 geared Lightning RW that should be able to near singlehandedly clear waves two and three with maybe a biongrenade and a summon to back it up.
That would be cool. I can probably annihilate the U+ due to holy vulnerability, but I just can't quite stay alive well enough in the U to clear it without a ton of reloads and going through a 10 minute first round to build up gauge (or using a mythril and hoping I can actually clear it before monday). Closest I have gotten is about 1/2 through the last wave. It's not entirely out of reach, just a huge pain to get.

SageAcrin posted:

As someone without* native Shout and with just-started-playing-a-month-ago hones, my suggestion for Esthar Invasion Ultimate is to do what I did; Beat down the two Terminators in wave 1, play very carefully, slowly beat down the remaining three soldiers with physicals, then use two or three bars worth of hopefully multiple target Soul Break
I got all this up to about here. My best multi-target soul breaks are Yuffie and Exdeath's SSBs. Actually, I think those are my only relic AoE SBs.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

SageAcrin posted:

*Without native Shout when I did that fight. 2/11 tonight, Platinum Sword/Excalibur V, trinity complete :unsmith:
Lucky wall haver! That's really huge for being able to survive the boomerang sword onslaught.

If I wasn't saving to pull on Eiko 1 while it is up I would totally be trying to Platinum Sword and SG though.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

SageAcrin posted:

In fairness, repeatedly spamming Gauntlet would be pretty pretty good for that fight, as it is both no charge time and grants MT Blink. Not sure if you actually have her leveled, but hey! It's not a bad option.
There is absolutely no way to spam Gauntlet fast enough to make up for up to 18 physical hits per hasted round that do from 20% to 90% of your hp bar. It helps a little, but it's not anywhere close to a silver bullet. There's just way too many incoming attacks.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 9, 2016

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

When do RWs refresh? I think I need a slightly different tactic to ensure I live to round 3 with this lightning RW. Is the RW used up if you flee the dungeon instead of complete it?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Well, I guess it will have to be later today that I try this again then. I went 20 tries and didn't make it past round 1 with that setup. Going to have to stack up all the mitigation I have and just try to live long enough for Yuffie and a couple hits of Aegis Strike to make it past round 1.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Someone else had a similar Lightning setup. Made it to round 3 with physical blinks up. They started with full ATB: shotgun shotgun attack boomerang sword attack 2/5 down that I needed to help clean up and everyone else at half.

At least I got the RW off and they went to half health. What I might have to do is clear both waves 1 and 2 then double RW the last. The second wave is probably mildly less dangerous to me since I have two magic blinks.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Grrflrkle. Got it to just the two soldiers in wave 3 left with a tiny bit of hp.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

IT'S FINALLY DEAD AFTER LIKE 70 ATTEMPTS.

Screw trying to master it though. I was 1 medal off.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Dragon down! That felt good after the trial that was the Ultimate.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Now it's back to the mythril and stamina mines.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

LornMarkus posted:

We'll see if I end up pulling on Keeper's Choice. On the one hand picking up Shout or SG would be awesome, but on the other my account doesn't really benefit much from Shared Soul Breaks or another Edincoat. Maybe I'll do it once and grab one of the EnElement ones but that also depends on how quick Eiko 1 rolls up as I'm still at just 12 Mithril after pulling on Cloud 1.
It's this Wednesday.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I ended up using Aegis Strike r1 x 2, Demonsblood r1 and Swift Bolt r3 plus one of those fancy Lightning RWs.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

victrix posted:

Could someone fill me in on the pro tier method for farming Sundaily? I can't remotely come close to autoattacking my way through, but I figure I'm probably unaware of some easy methods for plowing through it efficiently.
My strategy:
1) Drawtaliate and kill one round regularly.
2) At start of second stage, use Fenrir Overdrive RW. This usually kills both things.
3) Whirl slash everything to death. This also usually kills both things in one shot.
4) Repeat 2-3 for third stage.

If you have a good aoe BSB you can probably Dr. Mogs the first round with a similar strategy then go into RW.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

If you literally have nothing, then Keeper's Selection vol.2, the first cloud banner with Aerith's group heal (the one with Apocalypse as the header), or the upcoming banner with Eiko's group heal BSB are all probably good choices. I'd probably pull on Cloud 1 or Eiko 1 first if I were starting right now. Cloud's OSB can probably carry through a lot of stuff if you happen to get it, and Eiko's BSB is one of the better ones if you have a physical group that I can tell. The stuff on vol. 2 is better once you have a few things to use them with, and that will be open much longer than either Cloud 1 or Eiko 1 to boot.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Yeah, Eiko's is probably a better longer term pick, but if you happened to get Ragnarok it's probably the better usable-it-by-itself relic.

Hamelin and Ragnarok VII both return for OSBfest, but some of the other stuff like Lightbringer IX and Crystal Comb don't.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I don't think Shout is as useful as a good BSB or OSB if you're mostly stuck with default SBs and low rank 3* hones. And Sentinel's Grimoire isn't super until you get into ultimates. And you can RW Shout with a good native BSB until you get a few good things collected or start doing ultimates. And Vanille's group heal isn't exactly amazing compared to getting a bunch of group heals, curaga + physical blink, and group +crit (if you have a physical party).

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

ApplesandOranges posted:

There's no guarantee that Hamelin will return for OSBfest. There's a good chance, since it's a pretty hyped Burst, but no guarantees.
It's on the JP list unless this spreadsheet is wrong. That's no guarantee sure, but I would guess it's probably still going to be there at least. Wasn't it just the undercards that got shuffled for the triple BSB event global had?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

SageAcrin posted:

I thought Ragnarok 7 was literally the only OSB that doesn't return during OSBfest.

Yeah, my bad. I got it mixed up with a different Ragnarok.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

ApplesandOranges posted:

Only the new featured relics (like the new OSBs) are guaranteed to show up on the fest. The OSBs already released up to that point will also likely make it in. Everything else is in a state of 'maybe'.
Hamelin is new isn't it? It's the headliner for Eiko 1.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

pichupal posted:

It is the headliner for Eiko 1, but when they say new, they mean literally debuted with the event.
Ah.

All the more reason for me to pull more on Eiko 1 then.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

Did somebody say the Eiko event starts soon? Crap. The Lucky Draw starts tomorrow night, and I'm only at 15 mythril. That means that if I do the Lucky Draw, I won't be able to do an 11 pull on Eiko 1...this is a bad situation.
Wednesday supposedly.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I got 100 mithril, now where's eiko 1!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

All I got was Vanille's medica that restores an ability charge.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Alxprit posted:

First world problems with having a stamina refresh ready to go right before the Eiko event. The plan is to get my refresh only moments before the event starts, of course. But in the meantime, do I do Elite realm dungeons that don't give stamina shards, or just work on Wednesdaily and worry about all that on Thursday when it's more appealing?

Also, the new dungeons have all been light on stamina. Out of all of the mainline ones, 1 out of 6 was four stages while the others were all three. Makes it easier to account for things, but I don't know why they'd be so generous.

Also also, in the short time I was rolling with a full synergy party for the FF3 classics, Desch got his next RM. So that's taken care of real quick there.
You have 10 days to do the event. That's up to 4800 stamina. Don't worry about it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

drat it I was already to do a draw on the IX banner tonight, only to find out they moved the event up a day. This 516 mythril is burning a hole in my pocket and IX is my worst of the non I-III realms.
I need to know whether to level Eiko or not, and whether I am going to be using Selphie's ssb medica or not for U+/U++, and whether I can pull on Tyro 2 for Shout and SG yet. I am going to destroy DeNA for this travesty.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I can't put together a decent black mage party for Diamond Weapon. All I have for mag is Hope's Skycutter. I do, however, have 3 whm medica relics, a shared mnd medica relic, 5 characters of decent level that can cast Diaga (Celes, Tyro, Selphie, Lenna and Vanille), enough orbs to make a good number of Diaga r2s, and Vanille's ability restoration medica. If I made a full Diaga party with Hope's BSB RW, is that liable to be enough damage to finish the battle? I think between 4 medicas, two magic blinks, shellga, and +50% res I could weather a good bit of damage, so I'm a bit more worried on the killing front.

E: And maybe I'll get Hamelin so I'll have 5 medicas? Who knows.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 13, 2016

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I suppose I am getting ahead of myself a bit too since I haven't even tried it with my physical a-team.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

Honestly? You're better off having a Darkness 5 mage cast Memento Mori and then summon a Hope BSB roaming warrior. Even without synergy gear, with MM, you should be able to get that burst to provide somewhere in the neighborhood of 200-225k damage out of the 310 needed to kill the boss over ~13 rounds.It also helps to bring a Dancer or two to do Multi Break, Magic Breakdance, and Mental Breakdance. Tyro and Lenna can fill that role for youand bring good relics for good measure it sounds like

If you can't do ~100k damage over 13 rounds across 4 characters (well, okay, 3, someone needs to heal), I question how you can unlock a U++ fight at all.

Fake edit: oh, and give that Hope thrown to a Ninja and give them Fire Veil or Swift Bolt. I did the CM with Yuffie carrying an FF2 Bow (so comparable Mag) and once the core closed, Fire Veil was hitting for 6500.)

CaptainPsyko posted:

For reference:

Assuming Mental Breakdance and Full Breakdance and Memento Mori:
With 350 Mag, a number achievable with a level 80 Edea using non-synergy Mnd centric weapon (selphie's Scorpion Tail, so 100 Mag), non-synergy hat (Oath Veil), and an FF7 +30 Mag Accessory, you can expect to do about 265k damage with the burst over 12 rounds.

At 400 Mag (a number Vincent at 80 and synergy comes up just short of with similar gearing), you can expect about 300-325k, or, in other words, effectively solo the boss and use four other slots for mitigation and debuffs and whatever.

If one of those Mnd rods you have happens to be + holy, you can equip that and the required Mag threshold becomes even more trivial.
That's...pretty crazy actually. And I could put on Celes' atk/mag buff too to bump that up even more. Doubling up on offense stat buffs has been pretty staple for my high difficulty fights, it's just usually Shout+Song.

With Keeper's Tome (the highest mag item I have), Memento Mori, Maria's Song, Braska's Robe and Amulet (I don't have any ff7 mag accessories) Tyro should hit ~434 mag. Vanille's Staff is about 40 less mag base than the tome but +holy, and then the +holy from Braska's Robe. I could also stick on attunement I guess if I don't need anyone else to do things, and just have someone else cast shellga and protectga. That would save a startup round and let me give Mog's to Selphie to retain magic blinking goodness or to Lenna for +50% res which will probably help a lot since I don't have native wall. If I take attunement I'm feeling like the extra mag from the tome would probably be better, and that it might be better that way anyway. And if what you say is correct, it's going to be well into overkill either way, so it would save me some upgrade mats for the time being since Vanille's staff is still 1/20.

I just gotta get the last 3 major dark orbs for multibreak. And also pray I can weather the damage.

E: The only other Dark 4+ user I have with any levels is Cid Raines, and he can't use anything to get mag nearly as high right now.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 13, 2016

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

SageAcrin posted:

Wall and Res boosts definitely aren't required-the big jerk literally only uses ignore resistance magic after the first Core close at 70%. Breaks matter a lot more, as does Protect and defense boosts so that the other half of the time he spends stepping on you is less painful. Just the breaks should be enough for the opening magic, from what I recall.
Huh. Sure enough. I guess I'll give Mog's to Selphie then for more magic blink.

I still need to make multibreak r1 at some point though so I don't accidentally craft out the materials when I really need it again. I guess I'll see about wrapping up this event tomorrow, and then get ready for friendship ribbon now that I have a plan that seems very workable. If it doesn't work it's only 1 stamina.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

Edit; if you have Braska's Robe and can egg him and use him, his SB will More than make up for not having Memento Mori. Rapidcast high regen and +30 % MAG will absolutely own on this fight.
I'm running short on eggs and want to save a few if I can get Eiko or Beatrix's BSBs. Plus my mag weapons and hones are all garbage right now, so using him as something other than a Hope BSB target is kind of questionable, and I can already get more mag out of Tyro more than likely.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

Fair enough - you can probably still get more Mag out of one of your surplus of white mages than Tyro. Like, at level 80, Celes literally has fifty two more Mag than Tyro. And she can use that +holy Rod with 40 less Mag. I can't emphasize this enough, don't have Tyro be your hope BSB user.

And don't underestimate that Braska robe of yours. It's literally the best Faithga item in the game if you have some other source of Haste. And if you don't have some other source of haste, it's still nearly equivalent to something like sheepsong thanks to fastcast. I'd honestly prioritize it over leveling Eiko because you got her burst, and maybe even Beatrix.
You're probably right. I was getting caught up on having Memento Mori. Also, now that I am looking at it without synergy bonuses from the dungeon I was in, I realized I screwed up decalculating the synergy and Vanille's staff is the same mag as the other WHM items, a bit higher than I thought. SO.

Right now my Celes has 149 base mag, 50 more than Tyro. And she's my highest base mag character by a good margin (Lenna is second at 124). Taking out Memento Mori and adding in Mana's Paen puts Celes at 427 and +40% (can't take attunement because I need Mog's for song) vs 434 and +40% for Tyro. So I think that would work out well and give me back having 2 magic blinks I can use without interrupting the burst damage fest.

My magic hones are terrible right now, so +Mag doesn't have a lot of general applicability to me right at this exact moment. By now I do have Quistis's Mighty Guard whip, and exdeath's magic blink SSB in addition to Braska's robe though. So I could probably put together a somewhat cohesive sb set for a mage team if I did have better blm hones. I could even add in Yuffie probably for a grand total of 3 magic blink SBs and 1 physical blink SB. This is all my black magic right now for reference:

Also thanks for all the help everyone.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

Yuffie with Fire Veil, whatever dance Tyro isn't carrying and that Hope boomerang will absolutely own the poo poo out of whatever leftover non burst DPS you need and bring a magic blink for good measure on this fight. Recommended.

Here's what I'm thinking now:

Celes: Drain Strike, Diaga, Maria's Song (Mog'd)
Selphie: Memento of Prayer, Curaga, Dreamstage
Tyro: Haste, Faith, Keeper's Tome (Mog'd)
Lenna: -res dance, Curaga, Pride of Tycoon
Yuffie: -mag dance, Fire Veil, Gauntlet

And I'll give Yuffie the Skycutter, which should get close to softcapping the veil too with the buffs. Also attunement.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

Keep in mind that Burst Mode grants haste and your dancers don't really need haste, and honestly your healer probably doesnt either.

Otherwise looks good.
I figure it's worth building magic/physical blink faster just in case after the faiths are dispensed.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

You'll get more blinks in less time by giving Tyro wrath or lifesiphon or something for dead turns.
Edit: well, not lifesiphon, but probably a spell or ninja spell that hits fire or lightning.
Lifesiphon is expensive anyway!

Probably better to have quicker charging medica than refreshing protect/shell faster though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Had to mythril some SB gauge for the U+, but boy did it make the fight a lot easier to be able to blink out of every single shadow flare and dreamstage the pandora's boxes' damage (and thus have blink ready for the shadow flares).

And I still lost two medals for damage taken. No one died though, so mastery it was!

The worst part of wall is how a lot of things seem tuned towards having it native. Couldn't it have just been +100% instead? :argh:

Maybe after tonight though...maybe...

Time to initiate the U++ plan.

E: I guess full synergy 5* armor would work too in place of wall. But I don't have that either!

• Locked thread