Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Those target MAG numbers for the Hope BSB on U++ seem to be pre-buff numbers. With all that stuff in my last post, Celes plus the BSB opener only ekes out about 230-250k damage vs closed state total. 5.3k * 4 per command plus the opening. Yuffie can hit for about 5k per veil though, so I can probably pull this through in the burst timeframe with a bit of work and possibly exposing the core when people aren't busy curing/dancing.

Or making Multibreak when I get a few more major dark orbs. That might put the burst alone over the finish line.

Worst case I can probably pre-charge a couple SB charges and blow it up with physical A-team. The damage doesn't seem too extreme since it's half defense piercing and my defense is all terrible anyway.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

New upcoming items?

Hamelin
Healer's Circlet
Blood Sword
Magical Brush

After that I dunno.

E: Give me all the medicas.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Hairpin and Wizard rod on one. Kuja's Gloves and Excalibur IX on two. I got almost everything except one of the two things I most wanted from the banner.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Looks like I am probably waiting for OSBfest for Hamelin, and maybe I'll get Agrias's BSB for Imperil Holy goodness.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Got stardust rod. I guess I can double up the hope rw for u++ now for double the kill speed.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Ok, I think this is going to be my new plan for FF7 U++ since I got some new toys

Celes: Drain Strike, Curaga, Maria's Song, Mog's, Holy++ (Hope Burst user)
Selphie: Faith, Curaga, Dreamstage, some rm
Tyro: res- dance, mag- dance, Keeper's or SG depending on whichever attack I find more troublesome damagewise, some rm
Terra: Chain Firaga, Wrath, Blood of Espers, Attunement 2, Fire+
Garnet: Protectga, Curaga, Divine Guardian, Mog's

Wrath r1 and Chain Firaga r1 should be just enough for Terra to burst even if she doesn't get hit, which together should provide more than the last 60-80k I need to finish things.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Actually hold up. Can you get more than 5 attacks out of a magic BSB if you have instant cast 3 in there somewhere?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Maybe I should pop in Braska instead of Garnet then, since he'll still provide major regen and can cast curaga and protectga.

E: I'd have to master his SSB to give the robe back to Celes though. I'll try it with Garnet first and if it goes poorly then I'll mess with Braska.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Friendship Ribbon so far is becoming a pretty big laundry list of Annoying Mechanics.

At least the "bring an ff13 character or this boss is immune to all elements" is only ++ level.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Do Beatrix and Agrias carry the only good physical damage team imperil-holys?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

KnoxZone posted:

Edward's BSB is 50% boostga and aoe imperil holy if you don't mind it being on your support.
That could potentially work.

E: It's on a meh banner though. Probably just pull more for Agrias in either OSBfest or the tactics banner after.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 15, 2016

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I'm probably pulling a time or two for the guts medica bsb anyway, so maybe I'll happen to get it. I dunno if that will be worth the loss of light of the four or one of my other BSBs to use it for the imperil though.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Nihilarian posted:

Edward's Lamia Harp comes with Holy element stackable break effects (atk/mag on command 1, def/res on command 2) for what it's worth.

Yeah, but I dunno if that's worth it since I dunno if I could really use most of the other things except for synergy or CM and I still need to build A-team style options. I'm probably just going to save up like 400-500 mythril for OSBfest, and probably have a hundred or two for the tactics sword saint banner if either of those still have Agrias's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

For anyone that doesn't get what the Hope BSB RW strategy is supposed to do, I recorded my U++ fight after a mythril SB charge up round (I needed the blinks to not have to retry dozens of times).

I'm doing it with Celes. Terra is there to provide the rest of the damage with her BSB since I have no synergy to use and Celes couldn't do it alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEyaPXAmEPg

Watch my embarrassment as I click the wrong soul break for Lenna.

Here's what I ended up running with (no synergy at all except the resist fire on Lenna):

Celes - Drain, Fira, Holy++, Attunement 2, Marias Song+Hope RW
Selphie - Protectga, Curaga, Attack->magic damage, Dreamstage
Tyro - Mag- dance, Curaga, Mog's, SG
Lenna - Res- Dance, Curaga, +heal, Pride of Tycoon
Terra - Faith, Wrath, Fire+, Attunement 1, Blood of Espers

I should have brought power break for Celes to use at the start for the medals, but oh well. I got the crystals, and not having the adamantite and scarletite probably isn't gonna kill me.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 15, 2016

• Locked thread