Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
I finished every classic and elite dungeon that's available and got Shout from the Keeper's Choice 2. I don't know what else to do with my phone now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
I'm trying to figure out now what kind of neat stuff I should roll for. It's really weird just going 'yeah I'm gonna do this because it looks cool' instead of focusing on A-team stuff.

Maybe if I have enough mythril I'll pull on Firion burst or just wait for the onion man.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
I mostly just want to goof around with multiplayer. Alas my favorite character, Warrior of Light, isn't really all that amazing and I never drew their SSB during the Dissidia or Mobius event.Beyond that I guess it's just a long wait until the FFXIV banners for me.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Good OP. One thing to note: there's one or two exceptions to the buff ID rule, right? I can't remember which ones, though.

there's always jp :getin:

I am not -quite- that desperate just yet. I can also only read katakana so it would just be a mess.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
Does an MC2 help Gordon from being such a baby wiener though? I like FF2 dudes and have his flame shield but man he's a wuss.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
I convinced two friends to play the game for the first time today and man do I feel like a bad influence. :smith:

e: I just hope they don't end up like this guy:

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
The best advice I could give people for this game is to never go full husband.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
Tonight is the night that my Onion Friend becomes a Knight. Looking forward to clownstomping Red Soul and Ahriman to make my fully mote-unlocked Onion Knight all 5's.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
It is done. Red Soul and Ahriman have both tasted my kung fu and now my Onion Knight is a fully dived man.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan

Sprite141 posted:

Dollar draw gave me desch's ssb sword. I already have his original sb sword, and this only improves his magic marginally so uh... More attack synergy for luneth and ingus?

At least his ssb is way better than his first sb.

Doesn't the original give lightning enchant? That's still super good.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
It's a regular soul break, though. Most of those have been relegated to good utility. Damage typically comes from the levels beyond these days.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
I was thinking of going Full Husband on the second banner for Ingus but I might just not get lucky so I want more chances of pulls on XIV. It's either that or, if the fest banners are the same, pulling on the banner that has Firion and Warrior of Light bursts.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
I beat the poo poo out of a bunch of tonberries. Now it's time to wonder if I should rank 2 Northern Cross.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
The real dilemma begins: Do I pull for my husband Ingus or wait for my other husbands, Warrior of Light and Firion? FFXIV is nice but I already have a crushing A-team and don't care about Cid's Missions.

e: discord bot says Ingus and friend says Ingus because he thought I said Angus and now he wants a burger. Time to use this mythril.

e2: that's not an Ingus shield but an Onion Knight staff instead.

Garin fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 27, 2016

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
I am sorry Ingus but you were not influential enough in the gacha to be my husband. Maybe next year.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
What do you have besides a bunch of shiny bursts and otherwise? What's your A-team's trinity status? Are you just pulling for shiny things these days or do you still need core stuff to beat dungeons?

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan

FeralWraith posted:

At 48 mythril, having a hard time deciding what to do.

I would suggest saving your mythril. You already have a lot of options. Zell's burst is really awesome DPS and the animation is hilarious but you also have to weigh in what you would not mind getting on the banner. Saving for XIV is a smart thing but the banners after that are also good depending upon what series you like. Raines burst is also imminent after XIV.

vv: Definitely save your mythril. I don't do Cid's missions myself but my logic is that if your A-team is set and you're doing things and you have good native trinity stuff then just pull on what series you like, so long as it's not an embarrassingly bad banner. I would still skip the Black Friday banner though.

Garin fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 27, 2016

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
The next FF3 event has all the onion stuff on the same banner, yes.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah a guaranteed burst to me is nothing to scoff at. Those things are not easy to pull. I hadn't pulled one on a non-lucky draw banner since the burst fest back in june. And it took me 200 mythril on OK banner 1 to force one out. Being very likely to get 2-3 on one pull I just couldn't pass up.

My advice to skip the Black Friday banner was directed to the specific user who already listed many high value bursts that they owned. There really would not have been many options opened save for 'I guess I'll egg this guy and try it' ones.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
Now that multiplayer is getting rewards and such I have been curious as to whether or not that there was a discord available for folks to do the events or if there's just a sanctioned Raid ID. Apologies if this has been asked before but I didn't see it mentioned much during my visits.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
I think my favorite part about multiplayer is watching someone either get smoked down by two attacks on them at the start before mitigation or when a bunch of people trigger counters with lifesiphon on turn one to murder many more people.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
I really enjoy being able to abuse Runic with Snowspell Strike when possible. Thanks for giving me that chance Cagnazzo.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
Remember guys that you must hit the dragon with four lifesiphons before any mitigation or buffs are applied. :q:

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
It's a bad idea but I really want to continue raising my chances to lag random people out of multiplayer and also give celerity people things to do when they have garbage soul breaks.

My heart tells me to wait for Omega Drive but my shoulder demon says to click OK.

Garin fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan

I'd really like to thank the hydras in the 250 torment for having something like 40,000+ HP and for them showing up four times in a row for Onion Knight to make finger guns at them while Exdeath flexed and told them all to 'feel the void' with Yashtola doing her best Cid Raines impression.

• Locked thread