Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

As someone who's been playing for about 11 days and has 83-odd mythril, is my best bet for the next few weeks to hit up the 25mythril lucky banners just to grab as many relics as possible or is there something so amazingly devastating in those fest banners that I don't realize?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

How many Lucky Draws are supposed to show up during the fest?

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

There were three and the last one is up now and leaves in 4 hours.

Cool, thanks. I already pulled on all three, and was trying to figure out how many were left before I pull on one of the others, which as I have gently caress all for relics I reckon can be just about any of them.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I guess the gatcha wants me to use Celes.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Do I get a character's Record Materia if I use a generic Memory Crystal Lode on them?

edit: Nevermind, using the lode gives me their specific Memory Crystal, which I can then use to pop their level OKAY got it now good great.

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 11, 2017

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Yeah, I was aware of some level of RM only having a chance to drop (something about repeating 1 stamina dungeons to force the drop?), but wasn't sure which one, and I had just used a generic level 50 lode 'on a character' and was partially panicked when I did so and no mention of an RM happened.

I've only started taking on difficulty 99 dungeons in events, and it's fun as heck to mash together the hodgepodge of FF action figures and 5*s I've gotten over the fests and lucky draws.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I sure do have a lot of medicas.

4/11

Lightbringer, Hamelin, Staff of Ramuh, Seymour Rod (dupe)

I seem to remember some sort of holy damage build with Beatrix, given enough +Holy damage. Is/was that actually a thing, as in, worth going out of my way to hone for? I also have her Force Shield.

edit: right as I comment on having a lot of medicas, I 2/11'd on the first XIV banner for a shot at Thyrus, and instead got the Healer's Circlet and Omnirod. I'm gonna have to compile all the ones I have and ask about them at some point. :v:

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 12, 2017

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I'm gonna chase super loving hard on a future VI banner just because it has five Setzer relics on a single banner. Five! Who cares if they're good or not, Setzer's my homeboy!

I am not prepared to go 5x Bone Club.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Woof, 1/11 Rikku's shield. I guess it's not that bad, since I got her BSB from the fest and both of her commands are Machinist.

I have medicas for days, a few weird bits of Hastega (Tifa USB, Sarah SSB), and no Wall, so I suppose I'm doubling back to XIV banner 1 for another shot at Thyrus, despite dupe possibilities.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

So now I've gotta select relics from the CT and Gem draws before they go away. I'm basing their selection off of other important ones I got during the fest: Cloud USB, Rikku USB, and potentially Fujin OSB.

With Rikku USB, I basically figure I don't need OK BSB nearly as bad, since it does the same things but more and lacks BSB entries, which frees me up to get other potential items. OK can still become a beast but I have gently caress all for motes and only his SSB staff otherwise.

With Cloud USB, I hear the strat is to hone Omega Drive to r2 and go to town, and as its my only relic for him, I figure that's going to be the overall tactic, unless I get some sort of wind imperil, which is part of the point of this post. With Fujin OSB, I've got all of her other relics except Shear Feather (SSB Jin) and her BSB, the latter of which I can get in the CT drawing as I already have some of the more high-value ones. I have Larsa and Y'shtola's BSBs, and while I don't have Yuna's BSB2 I do have Aphmau's, which is basically a weaker version as I understand it, and the rest is kind of whatever (have a party Radiant Shield in Tifa USB... can't think of anything else particularly standout).

Given no other relics for Cloud and considering how I can solidify Fujin as a wind caster, is it more worth it to get a wind imperil of sorts from the Gem draw (probably Fang BSB as at least then the commands also do wind damage, though Zack and Zidane are also both options), or go for any other option that I might have open? OK is still on the table and I'm lacking a lot of proper casters- got Desch BSB during the fest, and other than him with that and Fujin, I have Seymour BSB and that is basically it. Cid Raines' BSB is an obvious choice to round things out, and is where I'm leaning.

Though come to think of it, I have lightning imperils in Garnet BSB2 and Lightning BSB2, and with Garnet BSB2 giving the party +30% ATK/MAG on entry, I could probably do decently with Desch/Lightning/Garnet/Rikku/A Healer? I still feel like this is kinda niche, which may come into play when I get to magicites, but I still need to work my way through all the Nightmares first and I still struggle with Torments and some 180/220s.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

Garnet BSB2 and Rikku USB don't stack, fyi

Ah. That's because that technically while Rikku USB does 5 things, it's still just [atk/mag buff] and then protect, shell, and haste, right? Shame.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Also: Resist Sleep accessories. Doubling up on defenses with ice resist when I already had native Wall was a bad idea and I was completely unable to do much once I started getting hit by AoE blind and sleep.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

More reports from the XV renewal pulls, 2/11 Noctis and Gladio OSB. Now I have every Noctis relic... except his SSB and LMR. :v:

Also if the renewal banners have taught me anything it's that I need to stop dollar drawing. Pretty sure I'm like 0/22 at this point.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

The Renewals definitely saved my rear end for allowing me to get a bunch of Instant KO resist accessories. (300 JS)

Had to go the extremely slow route for this fight and lean on BSB commands, otherwise I'd run well out of hones before the fight ended. In fact I basically did run out of even BSB commands, Raines is casting Chain Firaga there, and Y'shtola didn't have anymore healing (slotted Protectga/Shellga). Things I didn't know: Sentinel draws in each of the physical Counters, which was very helpful considering they were only smacking Beatrix for about 500-700. Despite that, only lost one medal for actions taken and one for damage taken. drat if it didn't take me multiple attempts though.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

The latest CT has shown me that I don't have nearly as many hastegas as I thought I did. Having RW set to Wall in that case really limits my ability to clear some of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Final Fantasy Record Keeper: Never Always Don't Pull

:regd08:

• Locked thread