Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Could someone fill me in on the pro tier method for farming Sundaily? I can't remotely come close to autoattacking my way through, but I figure I'm probably unaware of some easy methods for plowing through it efficiently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I think I've hit the point where I need to figure out what team to focus on and get them capped at 80. I'm clearing the basic event stuff up to the MC2 pretty easily, but Ultimates feel like they're right on the edge of what I can do (I just barely beat one of the ult dooms before it expired).

I haven't been (and won't be) playing very heavily, so I'm limited in how much I can powergrind my mans.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Need some team comp and direction advice, as I seem to right on the edge of reliably clearing the ultimate fights. I think I'm somewhere past the newbie game and into the midgame I guess, whatever that means :v:

I've reached the point where just sort of bashing everything with Shout/Wall and a mix of SBs and R2/R3 abilities won't quite work on everything.

I'm sitting at 108 Stamina, still plugging away on Realm dungeons for shards and Mithril, which I'm currently tapped out on after the lucky draw.

My normal party right now is Selphie with Dreamstage for party healing and Ramza with Shout (and Hail of Stones, woo), and then three other physical beaters.

BSBs: Squall's Lion's Roar, Tifa's Meteor Crusher, Paladin Cecil's Paladin Force

SSBs: Vaan's Pyroclasm, Faris' Lord of the Seas, Tidus' Jecht Shot, Yda's Twin Snake Dragon Kick, Sazh's Caltrop Bomb and Godsend, Shadow's Shadow Fang, Yuffie's Gauntlet, and Red XIII's Lunatic High.

I also have Ashe's Maelstrom's Bolt and Exdeath's Dark Earth Shaker, but since I've been using Shout/physical, those didn't seem quite as obviously useful to me.

I just got Agrias' Kaiser Shield and Ovelia's Aegis, the former looks like it overlaps with Faris' SSB though.

I've mostly been using Selphie/Ramza and then some mix of Squall/Tifa/Cecil and Vaan/Faris. I haven't recruited or leveled Yda, Shadow, Yuffie, or Red XIII, and I used Tidus and Sazh a small bit.

Level wise no one is maxed at 80 yet (though a few are getting close). Selphie, Ramza, Squall, Vaan, Tifa, Faris, Tidus and Cloud are all MC2d, Cecil, Bartz, Ashe, Gabranth, Beatrix, Zidane, Basch, Shantoto, Exdeath, Sazh and Penelo are all MC1d.

As for abilities, I have Full Break R1, and a good spread of 3*/4* abilities honed to R2/R3, mostly stuff that was recommended here or that seemed obviously necessary for Mastery challenges or just useful for some specific character.

I have a reasonable stock of orbs, though I'm light on Power, so I could do some more ability crafting/honing if I'm missing anything obvious.

I have no greens right now, but I'm sitting on 13 Soul of a Hero and 13 MC1s, so if there are useful first stage RMs, I could grab those relatively easily. I also have a random mix of character specific MC1s and some MC2s from past events that I haven't used yet, might be some other good RMs in there.

I've barely touched Record Spheres, I tossed a few into characters I've used a bunch here and there, and I did unlock Snowspell Strike and whatever that Samurai ability are during 5 dooms, though I haven't used the latter yet.

And last, as far as equipment, I just went through my entire stock of 3*/4* weapons and armor over the last day and leveled and combined everything I could. I have duplicates of Ramza's sword, Tidus' sword, Ashe's sword, and one of Sazh's guns. Should I just combine those to reach 6*, or keep them around for realm synergy/other party members at 5*?

For immediate goals, I've reached the Dragon Zombie Ultimate fight, and I'd like to get the MC3 and be able to reliably defeat those as they arrive. I've got 4 days to whip my team into shape to beat its butt (I'm probably just using the wrong party setup right now, I made it to the third form before kicking the bucket).

victrix fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Oct 12, 2016

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Inge posted:

e: Wait, do you have Sealord's Broadside or Master of the Sea? Also just realised, this strategy might not help you against the dragon, because it clears all debuffs on resurrection :(

Thanks for the advice, it's useful for other battles regardless :v: I have Tyro at MC1, I need another MC2 event lode to pop up before I can get Dr Mogs.

It's Sealord's Broadside, the attack/magic debuff, yap. I have Battleforged, Ace Striker, and Lionheart all unlocked.

And yes, that's exactly the issue I ran into with the Dragon, it'd clear debuffs each refresh, and a few badly timed attacks before I could re-debuff it (plus running low on hones by the third fight) lead to wipes. I don't think I can quite hone every break up to R3 just yet, too many power orbs needed.

I don't have a good healing/mind up RM for Selphie right now, is there a good default I could grab with an MC1 lode? I'll use Lionheart on her in the meantime.

Maybe I should do something like swap Pecil's second ability to Protect/Shellga to double up with Selphie, since those will stay between forms (how long do those last anyway, relative to Sentinels, which I refresh right around when the first SBs are coming online).

I'll burn off some stamina right now on realms and then go try again, see exactly where I run into trouble again.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I did it! :neckbeard:

And just squeaked out the Champion with Pecil lying on the floor

Selphie Dreamstage/Lionheart || Shellga R1/Curaja R2
Faris Sea Lord's Broadside/Freedom's Wish (I really need a better RM than this) || Armor Breakdown R2/Power Breakdown R2
Squall Lion's Roar/Ace Striker || Lifesiphon R3/Fira Strike R2 (didn't use this at all, could have been a more useful support ability maybe? not sure what Squall can use that would help though)
Ramza Shout/Mako Might || Magic Breakdown R2/Full Break R1
Pecil Paladin Force/Battleforged || Lifesiphon R3/Protectga R1

Faris and Ramza both ended up using regular attacks by the end of the fight, so I think I need R3 breakdowns at some point, though if Pecil hadn't bit the dust on dragon 3 it might have ended a bit faster, he died one turn before he could heal himself :saddowns:

Pecil and Squall chaining BSBs with Ace Striker/Battleforged is pretty nuts, I didn't realize the BSB attacks themselves counted for charging the meter :stare:

Now uh... what do I do with this MC3? :ohdear:

Inge posted:

Have you busted through the nightmare dungeons? Heaps of power orbs there for the taking if you need them quick, you should be able to take out all of the bosses with the possible exception of Barthandelus, who is a fucker, which will net you about 10 major power orbs (and some others).

I haven't touched them yet, I figured they were U+ or U++ difficulty, I guess not?

The 5 MPOs from beating zombie dragon are handy, if there are more on offer that might be enough to hone Full Break to R2, hone the breakdowns up to R3, or pick up some other combat abilities I'm missing.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I beat Ultimate Weapon++ :stare:

So close to Champion, maybe three turns off, because he did one last diamond flash that killed that award and killed two characters :negative:

Used the same team I did for Zombie Dragon, but I swapped out Squall for Yuffie, using Gauntlet to blink past the big stomps (and he's interruptable with Dismissal, who knew?). With Dreamstage and Gauntlet I was able to dodge a lot of outgoing damage, which was the only way I could survive the whole fight, and it still took me several attempts and honing some abilities up to R3 to nail it.

Definite bummer to miss out on the Champion loot, I'm all tapped out of upgrade mats from the 3* upgrading binge, but no biggy, those seem fairly common.

Getting 1 each of two Crystals seems pretty crazy given you need a pile to craft any of the 6* skills, but I guess those are uh, long term projects.

On the bright side, if I cleared these (even if by the skin of my teeth), I suppose that's a good sign going forward for more MC3 event bosses.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm sitting on a small pile of MC1 lodes and hero souls, what would be a good collection of 65 RWs to gather?

I have Dr Mog/Mako, Battleforged/Ace Striker, so something strong to fill the fifth slot with would be nice, or other good utility RWs that I should be picking up regardless.

I've been using Flower of Trabia for farming which is nice, the double Celerity chance buff on Faris occasionally, and otherwise usually Lionheart for tougher bosses or some random 'significantly increases damage' buff, I think I have one for Fists and one for Bows.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

wtf is this 50 gem lucky draw garbage <:mad:>

On the bright side, I think my party is nightmare capable now, so I should be able to spend the next however long Nightmares are open to farm goodies

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

These Nightmare dungeons are great for orbs and MC2 lodes :neckbeard:

I made it to Demon Wall who kicked my butt, so I need to read up on his gimmicks. I'm about to unlock whoever the Quadruple Foul boss is as well. Still picking away at various others.

I'm also having some trouble with Kraken in the U+ fight, I keep running out of steam when he's down to around 1/3 health, but I think I can get it before the event expires. I accidentally killed his second arm with aoe bursts on my last attempt, that ended that run fast :eng99:

I've been using Full Break/Saint Cross/Snowspell Strike all at R1, they're all really drat strong, but man the orb requirements to hone R5s are brutal. Orbfest please :v:

Out of curiosity, are those 5 dooms bosses ever coming back? Snowspell/whatever the Samurai one is are the only two I unlocked.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

LornMarkus posted:

Depending on how many BSBs you have, what ended up working for me was bringing a second Healer and having them primarily dump Curaja on the last tentacle to keep it healthy enough that I could keep activating my Bursts. It was kind of a dumb solution but it worked and still got me Mastery to boot.

This is hilarious and I'll totally try it. iirc I had excess Curaja charges by the end, but I couldn't use my bsbs/ssbs without breaking the last tentacle.

I only have Squall/Tifa/Pecil BSBs, and didn't have Tifa along for that fight, using Faris for her atk/mag ssb and breakdowns.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I ended up getting through it, but only by getting really lucky and S/Ling enough that she would start off with two single target attacks against people who could (barely) survive them and then I could get SG and breakdowns off. What a dumb boss.

I don't think I'd bother to continue playing if s/l wasn't a thing. Huge stamina costs on fights that can go south instantly? Nah.

The 1 stam fights seem like a nod towards that particular issue but... yeah.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I got Minwu's Staff from the FF2 banner, is there any reason to use it over Selphie's medica with magic blink built in?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Why do I have zero Major Ice Orbs :negative:

I want Full Break R2 :saddowns:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Woo, WoLs SSB, when I have Faris' and Agrias' :effort:

His skillset is odd...

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I just got Zell's Combat King, I remember reading there was something rad about this some time ago, still true? I also picked up the Lust Dagger, which I also saw mentioned a few times.

My current party is usually some mix of:

Ramza (Shout + Hail of Stones)
Pecil (Paladin Force)
Faris (Sea Lord's Broadside)
Squall (Lion's Roar + Mystic Flurry)
Tifa (Meteor Crusher + Dolphin Blow)

and swapping one of them for either Selphie (Dreamstage) or Yuna (Miracle Veil + Trigger Happy) for medica.

Any reason to bring in either Zell or Luneth?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Why do I have no MIOs? Why does nothing give MIOs? :mad:

I finally got Full Break to R2 :unsmith:

And I full cleared the last two events up to 180 with champion, so that was satisfying.

I need to figure out a) what 5* stuff to hone now and b) what heroes to level break to 99, I have either 4 or 5 mc3s

I have this pile of Chain whatever spells, but given that I have no Faithga and I do have Shout, I figure I should probably hone some physical 5*, I just don't know what's worth targeting first after Full Break.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Thanks for helping keep this game awesome, Beasteh :)

It's too bad the prices for Mithril are so insane. I like this game way more than FFBE, which has an incredibly hateful gacha system, but the cost for draws is too high for me to justify spending on it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mithross posted:

The dollar draws aren't terrible, at least. They're easily the best way to spend money on the game.

I gave up on those after two months of never getting a single 5* :eng99:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

I've been playing a couple weeks and feel like I've made a lot of progress due to the really nice recent banners.

I've hit a wall though, ultimate boss fights. I think what is holding me back is a lack of medica, but if something else can substitute that would be ideal.

Isn't there a medica on one of the keepers choice banners? Or am I misremembering

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

If the 100 pulls hadn't poo poo on me for two months straight I'd be happy to pay, I like the game more than most of the other mobile gacha crap I've tried.

If they put in an x fail dollar pulls gets a 5* I'd be in for sure.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

"Atomos is easy"

Screw you guys :mad:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

What the hell, the mech boss in FF6 ult is brutal :psyduck:

With full break, power/magic break, attack+magic debuff, wall, protect/shell, and full party mag/phys blink it still annihilates my party once it gets low. Feels like if any of the buffs/debuffs wear off its gg.

Think I need to figure out how to cram more offense in so it just dies faster.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

It feels like I'm at a place where I need to rethink my party comp for the ult+ content and look at honing a handful of 5* abilities now that I have R2 full break.

Likewise possibly changing my 'default' RM setup (2x mako/2x ace/1x lionheart usually).

My setup has worked for most of the event fights up to this point, but I've failed a few of the 160/180s, or missed their champ completion, so I'm close to smooth sailing, I just need to rejigger my setup a bit I think.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm holding out for xiv. Not because I have any idea why it is good, but because everyone here is spooging over it :v:

Speaking of rad banners and osb fest, I got edgars osb, and while seeing a big number is nice, tough bosses are usually immune to status, and it feels like BSBs dish out more sustained damage and/or have added utility.

What am I missing about osbs? Proper elemental imperils or buffs to actually hit 99k reliably against u+ level stuff?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Oh my god, I went from five alive to dead with Kefka at zero visible health, and pecil confused in burst

:mad: :mad:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

gently caress you Kefka, brought Selphie and Yuna, spammed Miracle and Dreamstage while Pecil and Edgar beat the poo poo out of him and Ramza cheered everyone on.

Pecil with R2 Saint Cross after his BSB fires is pretty scary :stare: Tifa and Squall's BSBs don't really stack up, I need more BSBs :swoon:

(Tiny Bee does not count)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Anyone ever pulled a perfect 11/11?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I got Thyrus, giving me native wall and shout, which makes me happy, and I have Omnirod for her proshellga and major regen, buuuuuut... No medica for her. I guess I can rw a medica, but then I'm swapping rw wall permanently for medica permanently :(

First ffrk world problems I guess. Are there any healing bsbs I could rw for her that have strong enough healing commands to last though ultimate level fights?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Not a good night for fights. Wiped out by double EM fields through shell/wall/full break/magic breakdown, and wiped out over and over and over on Atomos by him double cometing or comet + meteoring at the start of the fight before I could get defenses up, then dying to him with no visible health which would have been my first full nightmare clear, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Eiko's BSB is indeed pretty bitching, so thanks for that tip. I'll probably look up some other cool things I can RW if I bring a native Medica, the loss of damage will probably be made up by whatever crazy zaniness I can use. Might be able to try a mage party now too, which would be cool.

e: And when I did kill the spider I forgot to hit it with lightning so missed the champion by one medal. Don't play boss fights tired kids :downs:

ee: and I start punisher and he double batons the same character. I hate insta s/l fights :mad:

victrix fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Dec 19, 2016

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I just want more BSBs :ohdear:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I played multiplayer

... It was fungahhhh :haw:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Are any of the five star monk abilities worth making/honing?

I have Tifa's enearth bsb if it matters for meteor crush

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mobius put a guaranteed (exclusive) class behind a ~$75 paywall. I'm not sure I've touched it much since then, it was already wearing kind of thin because it was basically Grind: The Game. I was hoping they'd start adding more complex content, but it mostly just seems to be bigger numbers.

(also one of the absolute worst/most nightmarish inventory clusterfucks I've ever had the displeasure of attempting to wrangle)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I forgot to mention I beat Atomos last night, my first nightmare victory :toot: The easiest one supposedly, but I don't care :colbert:

Dervish didn't seem especially great though, even though I surprisingly actually have enough crystals to make it (where the heck do you get enough crystals to hone these anyway? just getting enough to make one has taken me months).

I want Curada :<

I probably have the party to pull it off, just need to do some reading.

Is Quadruple Foul + Edgar's Bio Blaster worth considering, or is basically every boss going to be immune to all status, rendering the damage boost to bio largely irrelevant?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

That's kind of lame. I wish they'd do something like the break resistance for debuffs, so debuff abilities would actually have a purpose on Ult or higher level fights - some effect, even if it isn't the full effect.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I got two more copies of Thyrus :(

I got the Blood Sword :)

... Which I'm not sure is actually useful, but meh. Need more bsbs.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

It's far more useful if you have Terra's SSB2, since that provides Enfire. So the usual order of things is "charge up with Wrath, drop Fire Beam, drop Scorching Flames, laugh at quint-nines".

I don't which is why I'm a bit bummed, no other relics for her, or imperil fire sources.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I want more BSBs :saddowns:

I have two strongish ones just by virtue of enelement (Pecil and Tifa).

I'm pretty sure Squall's does less damage than using his ice enelement ssb and then snowspell strike.

Likewise Tiny Bee, which is... I guess ok if I gear her for Magic instead of MND?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is there a cheap ff7 fight I could farm Cid's xp rm up quickly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Two white mage cloaks and a healing staff :negative:

• Locked thread