Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Holy poo poo Jenova Death's Red Light is one-shotting my level 80 healer even through Shell, Ark Blast, and Magic Breakdown :stare:

Might have to revisit this when I have more than 1 fire resistance accessory. Insane speed + instant KO moves are not gonna work out for me even with a shitload of resetting, I think.

It's physical

E: oh hey there's a whole other page and it's already been addressed, nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

McSpankWich posted:

Just started this game, should I just grind away at the realms or the a crack at some of the event stuff? I only have Cloud, Kain, a White Mage, and Black Mage.

You will not be able to finish any event right now, but you should get as far into any event as you can manage because that's where you get the new characters. Use offensive Roaming Warriors to cheese boss fights in the higher difficulties. You'll get a bunch of growth eggs from events that you can use to power level your party (don't be stingy with them in the early game). Remove the White Mage and Black Mage from your party ASAP, only named characters are any good.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

McSpankWich posted:

So I ventured into the event and was able to get Serah, Vanille, and Snow, but the next level raped me so I guess that's it for that. I also got enough Mithril to do my first 11 pull (should I have done this?). I pulled on the Realms banner because that post that dude linked said to. I got a Guard Stick, some Cats Claws, and some kind of 4* Spear that I can't remember the name of, along with a bunch of 3* junk probably. I don't have Aeris yet, but I assume I'll get her working my way through realms.

Was this a good pull? Should I be saving for 11 pulls? Should I be pulling on the realms banner? There's like 35 banners to pull from, and I don't understand what any of the text on them means.. soooo yea.

Save up 50 mythril for Black Friday, and pull on the lucky banner. Then pull on the Keeper's Choice Soul Breaks Vol. 2. There are really, really good items to pull from, and you get to choose a free 5 star piece of armor.

3 star stuff is absolutely not junk if you're just getting started. You'll notice that every piece of equipment corresponds to a specific final fantasy game. I'm assuming the Guard Stick is Aerith's, which means the equipment is from FFVII. Whenever you are in an FFVII dungeon, that weapon gets a massive stat boost, called realm synergy. It will take a long, long time for you to get enough 4 and 5 star equipment for each realm. Your 3 star stuff seems worthless at first, but with realm synergy they'll be nearly as strong as 5 star equipment without realm synergy.

e: realm lucky draws are always good. Only 25 mythril for 11 relics. This is always valuable in the early game. That was a good decision.

U-DO Burger fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 18, 2016

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

kalensc posted:

Anyone else ever had the issue where launching the app just goes to a black screen and doesn't advance further?

I had this yesterday. Cleared the cache, reinstalled the app, still not working. The solution was to wait for a minute and then the app finally advanced from the black screen to the title screen. Works fine now

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Shoenin posted:

Yeah pretty much, dunno bout last thread though <_<
But its been pretty clear Ive had to force myself to continue to play through the events. This pull wave was pretty much the last straw.

Anyway its been fun gents, godspeed and goodluck.

I'll miss you. it was fun reading your rage posts in Skinner's voice :rip:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Judgment Grimoire

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

I'm out of Gil again. That Orbfest can go ahead and drop any time now, please.

Reforging has tanked my fortune from 50 mil to 27 mil, and it's only getting lower. I fear for my financial stability :ohdear:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I went into Calca and Brina a bit under prepared and barely won due to luck. I went full mage meta, using Aetherial Pulse as RW with Multi Break as my only sources of mitigation, and with no healing spells. I was lucky enough to have the single-target spells spread out instead of concentrated on my party members, and only Golbez died at the end.

In conclusion, native Sheepsong owns.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Multi-player loving owns. But...

ETB posted:

Man, these scrubs aren't equipping fire resist for Ifrit.

Yeah

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I've done Ifrit a few times, and in every successful run someone marks the nail as "1" and people start focusing it. By that time I usually have a second Ark Blast up so I just blast it.

What do those marks do? Set the priority for untargetted actions? Or is it just a sign that hopefully tells your party "attack THIS you idiots"

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Ok, so then what must have happened is Ramza was targetting the Nail, and when it died the game moved his attack to target the biggest threat.

Which was Rosa. :smith:

I think it's more likely that Ramza's controller wasn't very smart and killed you on accident

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

You don't spend stamina in multiplayer unless you win. Stamina is refunded if you lose or disconnect.

This is really good design, I'm shocked

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

No guantlets, but I got the onion sword and both of Arc's SSBs, so my FFIII synergy is finally halfway decent. That makes, what, 15 medicas I have now?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

OK has amazing stats at level 99. :stare:

Gave him Combat 5 for now because I have decent supports already, and since I've only got the SSB, OK's role will be mostly DPS

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Tiny Bee

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I already had Tiny Bee

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

.5 % chance. Sorry man.

Tiny beez are da trap.

:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

AegisP posted:

I got Tiny Bees :(

But I also got Hamelin, so I feel like the universe balanced itself out.

MORE LIKE TRIGGER UNHAPPY

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

E: huh

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

this is me irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCf2ZZLHy-k

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Dragoon abilities are cool because they allow you to shove the character into the back row. There's a ranged 4* Dragoon ability that deals good damagw and makes all jump abilities land instantly. It's really decent and makes the 5* Dragoon abilities even better. They're not super amazing or anything, but they're not bad

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

100 gems got me Ingus's BSB :psyduck:

I guess that makes up for the Tiny Bee bullshit from yesterday

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Doga opened by hitting OK for 7800, and he survived. I recovered and crushed them into paste.

Welcome to the A Team forever OK, goddamn :stare::love:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Ok here's my setup for Ahriman. Tell me what I'm doing wrong.

What's your RW? You could probably use some Breakdowns.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Fang BSB, Cid goggles BSB, Faris BSB, Selphie magic blink SB, and SS2. My plan is to imperil Wind, then use Cid's Big Brawl, then Lifesyphon and repeat.

RW is 99 Shout.

Again, my problem is that he spams aoe 3 times before I get off Shout/Wall/Faris. On the few runs where I survived to get every buff and debuff in place, he stones either Y'shtola or Selphie. Worse yet, even with Protectga/Shellga/SS2, he has aoe attacks that still do 1,000+ damage. I don't have any FF3 synergy other than OK and he's only level 85 so he's not good enough to do anything useful yet.

I suggest getting OK to level 99 and changing your RW to Aetherial Pulse. That'll free up ability slots, give you heavy regen, and give you a native hastega

You can probably swap out Yshtola if her replacement uses breakdowns

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

This isn't helpful. If I could easily get OK to 99 I would have already. Which character has Aetherial Pulse? I don't have everything in this game memorized.

Y'shtola is my wall and I can't do this without wall. I also already pointed out that I have Faris' BSB for breakdowns.

Aetherial Pulse is one of Yshtola's SBs, it grants the party Protectga, Shellga, and Heavy Regen. I didn't know what Faris's burst commands were, my bad.

If OK is at 85, then doesn't that mean you have access to the highest difficulty FF3 Exp dungeon? OK can solo that at lvl 85 if you use a BSB RW. Once he's at lvl 89 he'll have lvl 99 stats in the fight against Ahriman.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Attestant posted:

Ah christ, this Ultimate+ is actually a goddamn nightmare in multiplayer, at least when trying to use pick up groups. Last time, whatever tactics worked just fine, but now all those level 67 Clouds with Blade Beam, r1 Launch and r2 Armor Break are a goddamn liability that loses matches.

Kinda makes me wish I could kick people when I'm the raid leader. :(

You can

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Attestant posted:

Huh. That does open options, then. Never found that on the UI.

I don't remember exactly where the button was, but I was able to boot someone by tapping around a bit after the guy joined my team and immediately went AFK

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

This event really drives home how much power creep we've had :lol:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

That's exactly the reason

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Oh man, please tell me you were dumb enough to invest in the trap that is the red mage/sage line. It provides absolutely nothing, and is worth so many valuable 4* motes.

:iamafag: Sphere Level 60 :razz:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Orfeo posted:

I... I have a confession to make, goons. I drunkenly whaled on OK1 over Thanksgiving. I didn't even get the bracers. :negative:

How do I atone?

You atone by getting those bracers. Whale on, friend. :unsmigghh:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

congrats, that's a pretty swanky suit

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Munoma posted:

"But Lifesiphon + Ace Striker is a bad idea."
:roflolmao:

who says this

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Minor characters that can still be mined:

FF1
Cid

:bahgawd:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

NOT CANON :qq:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Goodbye easily soloed EXP dungeon, it's been real :unsmith:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm going to join multiplayer sessions just to hit my teammates and heal the boss while spamming the "Sorry, so sorry!" stamp :unsmigghh:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My only SSBs for any of those realms are Steiner's crappy Climhazzard, Freya's dragon SSB, and Relm's medica SSB. Looking forward to my dupe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm going to somehow pull a Tiny Bee tonight

• Locked thread