Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

KnoxZone posted:

U++ was an absolute joke of a fight, even with my crummy mage synergy.

The only change from this ss was I equipped the acc from the U fight on red for more fire resistance.

One damage medal loss due to his scripted attacks. Most of his magic pierces res so shellga isn't needed, but magic breakdown + full break is essential (preferably the dances since breaks miss when core is closed). Mages have it far far easier.

I had even better mage synergy than you, so I went with your plan, aced it in one go. I need to stop underestimating mages these days. (It also helps that I have 3 of Aerith's rod relics, so sticks all around.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Fang's Glaive, Raine's Gloves, and Delita's Maximilian. None of them Bursts, but I won't say no to any XIII soul breaks, and Delita's armor is at least decent. A worthy 25 mythril spent.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Bored waiting for Eiko's event to pop tonight, so I decided to start making my Christmas wishlist for relics on global. What are the top 5 relics in the coming months/banners that you are looking forward to most? List time (yay)!

- Y'shtola's Healer's Circlet | BSB Asylum (This beauty has gotten me out of a ton of bad scrapes, and is just so, so good. Also I really like Y'shtola from my XIV days, so that's a bonus.)
- Orlandeau's Sword Saint's Excalibur | OSB Thundergod (This one has turned into my white whale, of sorts. 200 mythril down and still no luck.)
- Tidus's Apocalypse | OSB Energy Rain (I have Razzmatazz, so this on top of it would be just friggin' rad.)
- Onion Knight's Onion Gauntlets | BSB Warrior of the Prophecy (Started too late in JPN to get this first go around, missed during the anniversary festival, hope I get lucky global side.)
- Alphinaud's Veil of Wiyu | BSB Aerial Blast (Rechargeable summons with a serviceable element, along with the impressive Tiamat summon? Yes, please. The other relic I've swung for and missed both times.)

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
I look forward to the day multiplayer comes to global, because then maybe I can understand what the hell most people are listing for their groups. I can handle the 160s on my own, but the 200s are a tad bit of a bitch without full synergy.

Late edit: phooey, almost had 200 Cid mastered, if he hadn't gotten a Dazega off on Ramza then went to town on our damage dealers un-Power-Brokedown. Matching up an Imperil user with OSB users of the same element is really drat good, until Captain Status throws a wrench in the works.

FeralWraith fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 17, 2016

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Something to note about the Kraken fight: the Ink tentacle is HIS left, not the leftmost on the screen. Enjoy one less S/L.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Okay, yeah, hell no. Not doing this CM tonight, not after the poo poo day I've had. Doesn't help that every time I go to kick on Proof of Existence RW, my loving phone thinks I'm hitting defend. Goddamn stupid Android update. Can't even make it past the loving Twins right now. Not having native Haste is a bitch and a half.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
It took the rest of my mythril reserves (and $30 *hates self*), but CM done and mastered. Tried for Vivi's BSB, ended up with Freya's coat and Quina's other fork. Tried another go around, got smashed again, got angry, dropped money on Banner 1, got the item I needed plus an extra: Wizard Rod and Lightbringer. With the haste and extra resistance, I pulled it off, taking only a single bio to the face that I timed with my second revive medica from Eiko. It's done, it's over with, and now back to my corner for some self-loathing.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Made it through the Curada preliminaries, haven't tried the actual Nightmare yet. Given the string of WHM BSBs I've received lately, it shouldn't be an issue. Dropped mythril on JPN's lucky draw, ended up getting Guy's SSB axe, Thancred's BSB dagger, and Faris's USB. Just when you are ready to get out, it pulls you back in. I don't know if that's a good or bad problem to have. Probably bad, since I'm dumb enough to whale for e-peen cred.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Sooo, dumb question, but does comboing Galuf's Invincibility RW with Josef's suicide gloves still work? Those gloves and Minwu's staff are the only relics I have for FFII.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Dollar pull nets a much needed Masamune. I might be able to manage that CM after all. But not tonight, definitely need to keep doing the EXP daily.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Zebia posted:

Can you dispel Lamia Queen's (Ultimate +) blink? Does she use it often enough that I should just bring a mage team instead of trying to do this with a physical team?

Apparently, it is NOT dispellable. It IS, however, reflect-able.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Dear lord, I've worked out a formula that juuuuust barely lets me squeak through Kaiser Dragon, but resetting it until I happen to get both lightning and water in the three weaknesses before I push to phase 3 is a chore and a half

What a badly-designed fight

The Kaiser Dragon Nightmare isn't a horrible fight. Mechanics-wise, I'd say it's a pretty fun and difficult fight. The mastery requirements are what is badly designed. It should never have required hitting those two specific elements, because at that point it's all up to RNG whether you master or not. If it had been "hit KD with magic he is weak to" and "use magic on the crystal to give your party elemental resistance" as requirements, it wouldn't have been nearly the hassle most people felt it to be. This is all beside the point, though. Congrats on mastering it!

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
The dollar Masamune was clutch in my CM mastery. I'm very glad I went with Reflect, because I don't know how the hell you'd hit Lamia Queen if she's got Blink on, her base evasion is crazy. I had Maria as the backup plan with R3 Chain Blizzaga/Firaga bouncing off of whoever received the reflected Blink. Unfortunately it ended badly on a few attempts, with her nuking Firion and Leon for 6000 x2 hits if I didn't remember to select the reflected party member. With that and getting lucky on statuses not sticking, it was fairly straightforward.

I also decided to take on the Ult++ with a synergy team - holy synergy. Beatrix w/ Lightbringer, Cecil w/ Excalibur, Selphie w/ Strange Vision, Aerith w/ Wizer Rod, and I threw in Ramza for the native Shout. RW was Sentinel's Grimoire. It was glorious! First time I've ever melted an Ultimate (or stronger) fight and it was so beautiful.

And now, I can afford to blow my remaining load on Larsa Banner 1. Yay!

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Part of me is kinda glad I can't afford this lucky draw with Larsa 1 looming so near. Probably too many duds to really be worth it (is what I keep telling myself but drat do I want to pull). Bad Feral, bad!

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
JPN debuff lucky draw #2: Delita's Coral Sword (*grumble grumble*) and my third Mythril Gun (enjoy your reforged weapon, Mustadio). Got Faris's USB on the first one, so I'm totally fine with this outcome. My Tactics synergy in JPN is friggin' hilarious: Platinum Sword, Agrias's OSB+, Coral Sword, Agrias's BSB Sword, Delita's BSB Sword, Ovelia's SSB staff (reforged), Mustadio's Mythril Gun (reforged), and two Venetian Shields. Shout, Hyper Break, Holy Imperil, EnHoly, and more. But STILL no bloody relics for Orlandeau. :argh:

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Schwartzcough posted:

loving FINALLY! God, that was the worst RNG garbage I've ever had to deal with in this game- the 30% status spells are such worthless garbage that most certainly do NOT work 30% of the time.

Don't let pride lead you into oblivion, friends- just let the two Major Black Orbs go. It's not worth it.

Unless you have good FFII synergy, I guess, in which case go wild.

Ha, yeah, no, CM can wait. Just mastered it with my A-Team and it was more tedious than difficult.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Dollar pull was an Aldebaran. Nice synergy, not really an item I was after. The only 11-pull ended up being Gabranth's Hauberk and Stoneblade. That does help with XII synergy, but still a little disappointing. Looking at everyone else's pulls, though, and suddenly mine becomes a helluva lot better.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Another day, another pull JPN side, on WoFF banner. Got Lann's BSB, which is nice, I suppose. But I was hoping for multiples on this one, too. Man, the multiple pulls in JPN early on spoiled the crap out of me.

A bit off-topic, but has anyone played World of Final Fantasy yet? I'm on the fence right now about it. It looks like it oozes charm, but I wonder if that charm becomes grating later on.

Kemix posted:

Well look at that, one of the thongs I wanted from the banner. Wanted Minwu's BSB, but Maria's BSB's good too

Saving for posterity. :D

FeralWraith fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 28, 2016

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Dollar draw was junk, but it's fine, I have half of the items on the banner anyway. In other news, I missed doing the Curada Nightmare, so that's going to be on the docket next time it opens up.

Trying to juggle this, JPN FFRK, Mobius, and other gaming is starting to take its toll. There's just too much going on, and it'll be worse at the end of the month with XV releasing. Never enough time, is there?

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Dollar pull draws out Tidus' Strike (his armor). Not bad, I suppose. One less reason to go crazy and pay for a full pull here.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I was chanting "big money no whammies big money no whammies" under my breath as I drew, and audibly gasped when I saw the two shiny orbs

So, uh, now that it's relevant to me, what was special about Tidus's OSB regarding synergy and elements or somesuch? Also, should I combine these or leave them apart? I'm leaning leave 'em, since my X synergy is abysmal.

If your synergy is crap, leave them the hell apart! I don't know if it starts off with +water synergy off the bat or if that's when the OSB realm synergy buffs get added later. But yeah, it's +Water. It has innate +Water on it. Combo it with an Attach Water (Tidus' BSB) soul break and get ready to poo poo damage. Water isn't usually a resisted element either, so it'll come in handy more often than naught. BTW, all of the Ultimates for this event have a water weakness. Congratulations, you just won.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Sorry about the constant posts right now, but you goons are making me way jealous. Anyhoo, for at least the X event, I switched my RW to Tidus and his Abes All-star Burst. Friend ID is 2YXW, go nuts. With synergy, his ATK should be at 499 (not that it matters much with a Burst, but hey, hit'em harder!)

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Juxta posted:

Put Ashe's BSB up as RM for Omega: akiM

Thanks for this! I was up to about 15 S/L with a physical team (Coral Sword and Kaiser Shield for Lightning Boosts), got close once, then I got wrecked at the last second. Used your RW along with my native Sheepsong, had Krile and Yuffie melt the poo poo out of Omega in a matter of rounds. I have vastly underestimated how good Sheepsong is, and I will not do so again. Also, this makes me more salty that I swung out on getting Ashe's BSB during the Larsa event. It's so beautiful.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
FFXI event started up in JPN, took a dive on the banner - Shantotto's BSB gloves. They seem okay, but I was really gunning for a Prishe or Lion relic. My only familiarity with Prishe is from Dissidia, but she seemed quite cheerful and...punchy, which I enjoyed. Anyone play(ed) FFXI that could talk about her a little? She seems well regarded along with Shantotto.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

LornMarkus posted:

... I especially like those dumb little stickers, despite my expectations. Should be a lot of fun in Global where I'll actually know what they mean.

I can actually help on this front: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4z80f0/i_made_a_thing_for_jp_stamps_translation_credit/

It doesn't make it too much easier, but you can kind of sort out what people are intending.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Grrr, the only thing holding me back from trouncing the Cid Mission is a decent medica. Shared ain't gonna cut it here and I need all damage on deck to break those orbs. Stupid AoE-spamming rear end in a top hat. *grumble*

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

ApplesandOranges posted:

I did it with only a shared Medica, and the only relic SB I used was Boon (which was admittedly really helpful, since it meant I could bring Maria's Song instead of Shout). It's honestly a blitz combined with a hone check. U+ isn't that sturdy with the explosions giving you a hand in accelerating damage, but multiple resistances means you're more or less dedicated to physical and maybe Raines.

U++ was no sweat, thankfully due to Vaan as well as Zack's Apocalypse. I should probably look into diving Ingus for that Retaliate access since he has his Sentinel SSB, but Basch is doing fine for now. I was surprised I lost a damage medal on that fight, actually.

I'm stuck with either RWing Shout and playing the RNG game (which I've been losing since the bonus battles started) or running Wall and not having anywhere near the damage output needed to break the orbs. At this point, I'm saying gently caress it, roller-coasting with my A-Team, and my CM mission record and these two holy orbs can get bent. Neither of these banners is worth dropping any mythril on. Too many good banners coming up. Also it's feeling cathartic to stop going OCD on CMs, it wasn't doing me or my wallet any good.

Edit for the hell of it: My XIII SBs are:
Snow's Froststrike (useless even when the enemy doesn't resist it)
Fang's Pulsar Burst and Highwind (the former doesn't help and OF COURSE the rear end in a top hat resists both fire and wind; I've been using HW anyway for the breaks)
Hope's Brutal Sanction (the jerk doesn't resist holy, but Hope can't do much with it anyway)
Raines's Seraphic Ray (imperil holy is nice, but it's not like I can have Vanille spamming Diaga with Captain Jerkoff hammering everyone each turn)
Plenty of Non-SB synergy gear to go around (I have tons of synergy here, just no outstanding SBs to use here).

I'll egg Raines up later and try a Holy-based squad, though I really doubt it'll work.

FeralWraith fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 15, 2016

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
(JPN) Pulled on the Tactics banner, got Delita's BSB (ew), Delita's SSB (more ew), and Ramza's SSB gauntlets (okay, I guess). Shoulda just scrapped that idea and pulled on the first XI banner again. I actually liked Rafa (when you gained control of her). Her spells were rather shite, but I liked the character. Ah well, Agrias's OSB is still pretty rad.

I'm probably gonna drop JPN for awhile, the shininess has worn off and I'm finding it a hassle to balance stamina consumption in it, Global, and Mobius right now.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Sega 32X posted:

Dollar pull was... Cecil BSB. That's, uh, pretty good and I now have a SB weapon for my favorite protagonist.

All my BSBS are holy: Cecil, Ramza, Locke, Beatrix. That's a pretty good team.

Oh hey, sort of on this subject. What do you get when you combine Shout, Cecil's BSB, and Beatrix's BSB? A lot of dead dolls in the U++. If they aren't weak to Holy already, fire off Knight Protector into the crowd and go ham with your holy AoEs. They'll keep spamming with weak attacks (as long as you get your defenses up), so basically free charge. That was a nice breeze compared to friggin' Atlas last week. Now if only I could pull off something similar with Atlas's drat arm.

Definitely going to have to aim for Pecil's OSB. EnHoly + Burst + Overstrike = dead anything, practically.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
100 gems and 100 mythril in, Elder Staff, Heroic Shield x 2, and Lust Dagger out. Not really what I was hoping for, but it's still decent synergy, so I'll take that. Guess I'll have to rely on FFXV for a pick-me-up after Retail Hell Week.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
At 48 mythril, having a hard time deciding what to do.

- OK Banner 1: Made two attempts on OK 1, got Heroic Shield x 2, Elder Staff (dollar pull, actually), and Lust Dagger. I'd still really like OK BSB or Luneth BSB (or even OK Sword SSB), but that's a pretty high chance on whiffing. Also I don't need synergy right now since I aced the Ult+ CM.

- OK Banner 2: I like Refia a lot ever since I dollar pulled her SSB back at the Desch event (it was my first eight-hit physical SB). I'd mainly pull for her BSB, but Ingus's BSB, OK's Staff, or even Desch's SSB would be excellent booby prizes. Break Blade, Blazing Sun (since I have it) and Desch's SB sword would be not that great. Again, synergy not necessarily needed (though I haven't done Mote Ahriman yet)

- Black Friday BSB Lucky Draw: I already have Razzmatazz, Excalibur IV, Lightbringer IX, Wizer Rod, Strange Vision, and Tiny Bee (forget the haters, I still enjoy it, usefulness aside). I wouldn't mind getting more BSBs, but with a high chance of repeats, and better relics always on the horizon, I wonder if this is really worth blowing my load on.

Looking ahead, Squall OSB 1 and Angeal 1 both have interesting sets. People keep talking up Zell's BSB, and with my penchant for drawing ALL of his and Rinoa's relics lately, it wouldn't be such a bad thing to get. I have Squall's En-Ice SB and OSB on my JPN account, and they are such a wonderful combo. Plus Rinoa's BSB wouldn't be an awful get (looking at you, Mote Ifrit). For Angeal 1, it's basically EnWind: The Banner. I already have Cid's Goggles and Crystal Cross, so it's not quite as appealing as Squall OSB 1.

After that, there's not seemingly a whole lot until OSBfest, which looking at JPN's banners, I either have 2-3 items off of each banner already or I don't really care about it. I know it'll change for us, but I'll probably withhold from pulling since Minfilia is RIGHT after.

Any thoughts from you guys? Mostly just using you as a soundboard to suss out my own thoughts.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Alright, I made it through the U+ CM with my current synergy, which is two Lust Daggers, a Heroic Shield, a Desch's Sword and those 4* III armors that teach Cores some SBs. I think I'm going to make it through this event without spending any more Mythril on it. I can resist the lure of the gauntlets. I have to.

Ha, nice to know I'm not the only one tempted.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Garin posted:

What do you have besides a bunch of shiny bursts and otherwise? What's your A-team's trinity status? Are you just pulling for shiny things these days or do you still need core stuff to beat dungeons?

Ah, right, guess that information would help. My A-Team these days is usually Agrias (Cleansing Strike) as Spellblade/Knight, Ramza (Shout, Tailwind) as Support, Tyro (Sentinel's Grimoire) as Freelancer (whatever role he needs to fill), Tidus (Abes All-Star)/Refia (Blazing Fists) when the target is water resistant as primary damage dealers, and Krile (Sheepsong)/Aerith (White Materia) for magic dps or primary healing, depending on the situation. My A-Team is well-kitted for most situations, I'm primarily focused on doing Cid Missions (except for Atlas's wanking hand in the last XIII event *grumble*).

Fake Edit - oh look, four replies already, I need to stop thinking and type faster sometimes.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Welp. I was going to say that goons convinced me to pull on the BSB Lucky Draw banner. Unfortunately, it runs out in ~45 minutes and I'm still two mythril shy with no story dungeons left to run. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't quite know.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Zurai posted:

Yeah, you can do mixed mythril+gems pulls if you don't have enough mythril. It's up to you to decide whether that's a line you want to cross or whether it's worth it, of course.

Forgot that was an option, thanks for the reminder.

Goons, your peer pressure nets Rhomphaia for Fang (fairly certain I have all of her relics now), and Masamune-Shinuchi for Sephiroth. It certainly could've been worse. *is happy*

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Bahamut SIN and Cagnazzo down again. I used synergy teams both times. Had to drop out and redo Cagnazzo because genius me forgot Magic Breakdown the first time.

I don't remember what my team composition was for Cagnazzo before, but for SIN, I had Red XIII (with his new Stardust Ray at the time), Cid (Hyper Jump, same deal), Sephiroth (no SB but needed Fire Blossom for Creepers), Aerith (Planet Protector/Healing Wind, as this was right before Shout, iirc) and the 5th I honestly don't remember right now. This was prior to Sentinel's Grimoire, Shout; basically I had a Medica and that was it. I had plenty of non-SB VII synergy, so I was able to eke out a victory against him, and ironically did it CM style because I lacked an A-Team at the time. Compare that to my team this time:

Sephiroth - Fire Blossom R3/Lifesiphon R4 - Reunion BSB
Red XIII - Full Break R2/Magic Breakdown R4 - Stardust Ray
Cid - Dragoon Jump R3/Lifesiphon R4 - Big Brawl/Hyper Jump
Yuffie - Thief's Revenge R3/Dismissal R4 - Clear Tranquil/Gauntlet
Aerith - Curaja R5/Protectga R2 - White Materia/Planet Protector/Healing Wind

It's been a helluva ride. The rematches gave me an excuse to play with Sephiroth's new BSB from the Lucky Draw (thanks for pushing me on that, btw, very happy with the result), and it just shredded the Creepers with Defend Command, and Attack Command on SIN and his orbs was basically 20k damage every time. In order to meet the Creeper quota, I had to slow down and eat about 4-5 attacks while waiting for respawns, which in hindsight was dumb because I ended up not losing any medals anyway.

Caius and Rhomphaia's test run will have to be tomorrow, I'm way too tired to pay attention tonight. Sometimes the gacha can be annoying and stingy, but I do love the thrills I get from this game.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

bilperkins2 posted:

I got Eiko's BSB with the +crit - you think I should change from SG to it for my RW?

People having SG these days is becoming more and more common, so I'd say go ahead with the Eiko BSB. That said, neither choice is incorrect, they are both great.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

You swung and missed this time, that will sting for a while. Hang in there, you'll land something big sooner or later.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Mastered U and U+, came up just short on U++ mastery because I brought too much defense and not enough offense to kill off the last sorceress before Ultima. Oh well, easy enough to fix.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
I really wish Record Keeper didn't absolutely chug on Android, because trying to do multiplayer is such a drat hassle. It's hard enough working around idiots that insist on not paying attention to a boss's counters and immunities, but then to basically see the rest in a drat slideshow is abysmal. I may have to consider emulation if I keep having issues, but that's a road I'd rather not go down on my main account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

SageAcrin posted:

So I just missed mastery on the witch procession U++ by two seconds, give or take.

I'm trying to puzzle out if I care. Every other time I just get the medals out of habit, but I knew Ultimate Ultima's req was stupid going in, tried for it by literally spamming high power SBs on softcapped characters and still failed it. :psyduck:

I'm right there with you, missed beating Ultimate Ultima (dumb name) by a fraction of an ATB bar. That's three attempts thus far. Can beat it easily, but is 30x 2 materials really worth bothering? I'll probably make one more attempt, but after that, out ze vindow with zat sheet. (Sorry, ran into https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHWKHdlofCY on my youtube feed and it's kinda lingering.)

• Locked thread