Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Someday I'll get an OSB or even a second Burst... :sigh:

Whatever, if I finally hit my streak of good luck on OK and/or Minfilia then that'll be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Does anybody know what the new max stamina will be after next week's DU? I like leaving myself a couple points below the cap so I can pop a refresh or two without spending mythril if something unexpected happens where I'll want it, even with a second one coming before orbfest.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Alxprit posted:

172 not considering greens.

Cool, I'll probably get myself up to 170 4/5 then.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Wow, there is no way that I can kill Omega Weapon with a regular Shout team before running out of hones, its defenses are just too high and I don't have enough good sources of water/NE damage. I guess I'll have to try to do the Tidus OSB RW method and hope I don't die while trying to whittle him down without Haste, does anyone know approximately how low you have to get its HP before 2 RW casts will kill it?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
X and XIII are the new VI and VII, I guess

Shoenin posted:

Penelo is seriously getting another event?

Probably a USB for her, like how Aeris just got one in the most recent VII event in Japan. We won't be getting the Vayne event in Global for almost four more months still, so I'm cool with two XII events relatively close together.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Nov 10, 2016

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Anybody still got a Tidus OSB RW with high Atk in X? Going to take a second attempt at the U++ today.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just started this up and got Blitz Sword (VIII)/ Riot Blade (X) and Chocobracelet (VII) from my inital pull and two 5 mythril first timer pulls. These worth keeping around or should I reroll

Riot Blade is very good, the other two are nothing special. It's important to know starting out that you should always try to spend mythril on 11-relic draws if you can (they cost 50 mythril on most banners but 25 on 'lucky draw' banners, of which there is one running right now). You're guaranteed at least 1 5* relic if you do a big pull, whereas with anything less than that you're taking a gamble on hitting the 14% chance for a 5*. The mythril should come pretty quickly early on since the early dungeons cost very little stamina to clear and you're constantly earning refreshes from getting stamina cap increases. Try to make a pull on the first banner for the current X event (the one labeled Apocalypse) before it ends if you can, it's a very good all around banner.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Ashe's BSB commands count as BLK, right? Does that mean they have a chance of triggering twice with Blood of Espers, or should I stick to Devotion instead?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
DeNA really wants us to use Penalty Break, apparently

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

between halting rumba and stop, he never had a turn

It got off one turn for me when a couple Stops failed to proc, but by that point it had like 5% health left anyway so one more burst command finished him off. Very easy fight compared to the first time around.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Does anybody know if U++ Atlas' physical attacks respect Draw Fire/Retaliate mechanics? Being able to take care of both its counters and the attacks that cause Sap seems like it would make that fight a lot easier.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Ultimates all down with CM complete. Pulled out mastery on U++ by the skin of my teeth, got just enough medals. So I guess I can put off pulling for XIII synergy for now. Hopefully I get something from a lucky draw or OSB Fest so I can skip the Lightning OSB banners as well and hold out until Fang OSB.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

W.T. Fits posted:

I was sitting here pondering my potential Wind-element based team, and it occurred to me I have a potentially decent setup for a Holy-element team:

Paladin Cecil with Paladin Force
Firion with Weaponsmaster
Cid Raines with Seraphic Ray
Aerith with White Materia and Pulse of Life
Penelo with Intercession and Mincing Minuet

I've got two +Holy swords (Excalibur IV+ and Sun Blade II), Basch's +Holy shield (which I'm kinda regretting fusing up to a 6* now, but eh, life goes on), and a ton of staves and rods with +Holy for the casters.

What kind of ability/RM setup should I be looking to run with these guys?

Well the obvious problem to me is that you've got no Support 5 character in that setup, so you're going to want to hone up Multi Break for Penelo. So I guess if I were you I'd run with:

Pecil: Saint Cross/Lifesiphon
Firion: One or both of Power/Magic Breakdown depending on the fight, and then either Armor Breakdown or another copy of Lifesiphon
Raines: Depends on the elemental weaknesses/resists of the fight. If there's a non-holy weakness to exploit then you want to do that to get the imperil up sooner, otherwise just bring any chain spells you have well honed, especially if you can boost them, and Meteor for multi-target fights.
Aeris: Curaja and Protectga or Shellga
Penelo: Multi Break and either the other of Protect/Shellga (if it's a fight that needs mixed mitigation) or Diaga

I'd recommend to put Ace Striker/Battleforged on Pecil and Firion to keep them in burst mode as often as possible, and one of Mako Might/Dr. Mog's Teachings on Aeris so you have a medica on demand as soon as you need one. Raines could get Devotion if you aren't worried about your defenses taking a hit, or Witch of Succession/Blood of Espers if you are.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Don't the Nightmare lucky draws eventually become 'always SSB or better' at some point?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If it's full-price like the Nightmare 'lucky draws' then it'd be repeatable, in which case people could just blow shitloads of mythril until they flood their inventory with BSB relics. I suspect it's a one-time draw.

The real important question is that Black Friday technically comes a couple days after OK opens, which means Onion Bracers (and Luneth's, but that's less important) could be in the pool, potentially for half price.

I wonder if they're going to do gifts/events for Christmas in light of us getting this much for Halloween/Thanksgiving. That'd be a lot of giveaways in a pretty short time, not that I would complain.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 16, 2016

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

TG Cid is a ways out from Minfilia 1.

HOWEVER

Right after Minfilia 1 is a XIII event, and on its second banner is Raines' BSB, which is nutso crazy good. Minfilia 1 is also concurrent with OSBfest, which has many many good things in it.

Four events later, to be specific. It goes Minfilia/Alphinaud -> Lightning OSB -> Zidane OSB -> Seymour -> TG Cid.

Of course I'm planning on pulling on Zidane OSB 2 at least, maybe Lightning OSB 1 too if I need more synergy to beat the Ultimates. My mythril hoard will be running pretty dry by the time TG Cid hits unless I get the good stuff from OK/XIV quickly.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I won't lie, I'll be a bit disappointed if I don't get OK BSB in two 11-pulls, but that's still just a 30.31% chance, so I'll be perfectly happy with Luneth's BSB, OK's SSB, or Arc's new SSB.

Obviously OK BSB is the big prize, but I have zero native 5* relics for III so literally anything represents an improvement. The only way I'll be disappointed is if I get nothing but Arc stuff, because I could really use some melee synergy.

I'll have like 430 mythril by the time OK starts (unless the buff lucky draw drops between now and then and is curated enough that I decide to do it), but I do have a bunch of other pulls I want to make over the next couple months so I can't go too overboard. I'll probably make 3 pulls, max. If I get OK BSB or 2+ melee weapons before that I'll stop.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The only character I've 'completed' in RK thus far is Agrias (since she only has two SBs atm), but I also have pulled multiple relics for Pecil, Gilgamesh, Yuffie, Squall, and Vivi. Oh and Tyro but I feel like he shouldn't count since he has about a billion relics.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Zebia posted:

The Paradox Alpha Ult+ fight, is there any exploit I should be trying before I jump into it? Is it the one that I should be doing drawtaliate for?

No, drawtaliate is for the U++ fight. Not really any gimmicks to speak of for the U+, just make sure you focus on dealing damage while it's charging the orb. It resists fire/ice/lightning/wind though, so keep that in mind.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Sprite141 posted:

Does Kain's bsb come back at any point? I really want it, but I'm still saving up for ayame and curillia's bsbs.

Oh yeah, and then there is the bsb draw coming up. I only have 25 mythril now too... poo poo.

It will obviously be in that BSB draw pool, but I also wouldn't be at all surprised if it turns up on the global OSB fest banners, since it'll be much further out from the festival than it was in Japan.

e: Like, the changes will probably more significant than this because they always are but if they just took out The Ogre and Zeus Mace from the BSB relics and added Abel's Lance and Onion Bracers instead, the global banners would be really good pretty much no matter how much they mixed everything else up.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 18, 2016

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Same as most events, Thursday.

I'm curious how many people are going to go for Onion 2 or Squall 1. They're both still decent banners but coming so soon after the rush is pretty tough.

I know I'm going for one of the Squall banners, just still undecided on which one.

If I get Onion Bracers quickly I might drop 50 on Squall OSB 1, I could use gear for Mote Ifrit. Especially since we'll have 50 more mythril than anticipated thanks to the Thanksgiving login rewards. But it would be taking away from my ability to pull on TG Cid eventually so I'll have to think about it.

The banners I have circled are OK 1 -> Minfilia/Alphinaud 1 -> Zidane OSB 2 -> TG Cid 1 -> Locke OSB. I'm also definitely going to pull on one of either Lightning OSB 1 or Fang OSB, depending on if I can get through the Ultimates for the former event with the synergy I have (or get from lucky draws/festival pulls between now and then). And then I am tentatively looking at Squall OSB 1, Cid Polledina 1, and Emperor 1 if I have mythril left over.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If you have Ashe BSB set as your RW, please don't forget to gear it for IV synergy for this event, or with +lightning gear if you don't have mage stuff for IV.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Yeah, if it didn't start on Monday it seems likely that it won't actually begin until Thanksgiving proper.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Attestant posted:

In other topics, I am going to lose my mind waiting for the Black Friday lucky draw, while not pulling on the OK banner right away.

I just want to splurge now. :shepface:

Only 48 hours left to wait! Provided the lucky draw opens at midnight PST like it did last year, anyway.

I'm mentally preparing myself to get Tiny Bee and nothing else.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I feel like I'd be happier getting Tiny Bee than some of the other first-gen BSBs, like Terra's Stardust Rod or Balthier's Gatling Gun.

At least Gatling Gun and Stardust Rod provide good synergy (and in the former's case in a rare weapon category) even if the bursts themselves are somewhat underwhelming. Tiny Bee is basically only useful for Yuna herself and like... Vincent if you are running an-all mage party in X I guess? And I already have a Chaos Rod+ so my healer stick for X is covered. It's by far the relic I'm dreading pulling the most on Friday.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

There's a lot of dupes in the lucky draw pool for me but I guess that's a good problem to have

I've still only got one, so I'm hoping my luck turns around between this and OK. It has to eventually, right? :smithicide:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Well, this was the best pull I've had in a long time.

Nothing top tier or anything, but I'm not going to complain about going from 1 BSB relic to 5 in 50 mythril. These were all realms I needed synergy in too, besides VII lol. Now to roll the dice on OK I guess, wish me more luck...

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
First pull: Elder Staff, Gungnir, and Lust Dagger. That takes care of my III synergy pretty well, should I keep going with 3 dupes or just hold out for a festival banner?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

IllegallySober posted:

Darn. :(

Thanks for the info. I'll wait a little while and see.

I wouldn't worry about it. OSB Fest came right after OK in Japan, so of course Onion Bracers wouldn't have been on their banners. For us there's a whole month between the two. DeNA knows what people get excited about and they'll want to make sure people spend as much as possible between the festival and the XIV event that will be running at almost the same time, so I'd be shocked if Onion Bracers weren't on our banners. Plus, the upside of waiting is that it'll be grouped with a bunch of other strong relics rather than a lot of stuff for a rarely-supported realm. There will be plenty of opportunities to chase Onion Bracers in the future.

I've decided that I'm satisfied by my one pull on OK despite getting neither OK relic. I've got two melee weapons and a healer stick for III now, and it just doesn't make sense to spend any more with 3 dupes on the banner already. So now I have much more mythril than I anticipated having after this week (despite the BSB lucky draw being full price), which means more pulls on Minfilia/OSB Fest/TG Cid. Although I am side-eying Squall OSB 1 so I can finally deal with Mote Ifrit... none of the future VIII banners are especially good for it. I'll have to think about it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
That first one is just a scouter, what the hell

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Zurai posted:

Angeal 1 is quite good. Cloud's OSB, Zack's and Yuffie's BSBs, Cid's Shout copy, a +wind hat with Attack on it, and Cloud's enWind. If you're already set for FF7 synergy and don't need a Shout-like, though, it's less attractive.

It's good in a vacuum yeah, but I can't see myself ever needing to pull on a dedicated VII banner again. Counting generics and the Christmas freebie, I have 15 native 5* relics for VII. I could use native Shout, but I'll probably try to get it from a festival banner or Tyro Select 3 (since I'll probably pull on that for the free enelement relic at least once) instead.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Zell's BSB is phenomenal, on a banner that's average, and we know what it's like chasing a dragon. Ice is a good element, but severely held back by support - Laguna is the only Imperil Ice and there's virtually no Ice equipment. Mind, it's not a bad banner, but after the buzz of OK and with some other strong banners coming up (Angeal 1, XIV 1), I could see why people are a bit lukewarm about it.

Laguna's new gun is alright, but it's on a character with almost no utility other than status effects and milquetoast damage until we get more MCH 5 options. If you really want the 50% Boostga + damage, there's Quina's Golden Hairpin.

I'm still pulling on it, but I'll admit to part of it being an FF8 bias, and I'm still partly swayed by Squall/Rinoa 2, which has some pretty good options there as well.

I'm considering it, if only because it's the best opportunity for Mote Ifrit gear for the foreseeable future. The Fujin/Raijin banners are very light on the ice elemental stuff. I do still have almost 400 mythril after only making one OK pull, but I would like to spend liberally on the festival banners/XIV/TG Cid, plus I'm planning on making at least one pull on Zidane OSB 2. I've still got some time to think about it, I guess.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I would be shocked if Onion Gauntlets aren't on the global OSB festival banners somewhere. There's going to be four more events between now and the start of the festival, more than enough time for people to be itching for another chance to pull them (especially after using Vessel of Fate as an RW or seeing it in multiplayer). DeNA has an interest in getting people to spend as much mythril and gems as possible during these quarterly events, and they definitely don't want people skipping the festival banners entirely in favor of the XIV event, so they're going to stock it with as many enticing relics as possible. It'll be there, I'm nearly certain of it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm looking forward to doing Caius U+ again because my XIII synergy is roughly a billion times better than it was when that event happened the first time so I'm excited to push his poo poo in. Same with doing U+ Bartz during the Dorgann event now that I have Gilgamesh's BSB.

The other two I didn't have much trouble with the first time around so I'm not especially worried about them either.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The rematch lucky draw is an obvious pass, but I'm undecided about the next DU lucky draw. I have plenty of VI synergy (it's probably my second best realm after VII), but my native SBs aren't great. IX and XIII are realms I could definitely still use help in, although I am planning on pulling on Zidane OSB 2 during the next IX event. I have absolutely nothing for XIV, but I'm obviously pulling on the amazing banner dropping in a month and probably multiple times unless my first one is really really good so my synergy problems for that realm should get fixed whether or not I do the lucky draw. It's half-price, but lucky draws feel a lot less essential until we get the 'SSB or better' feature that Japan got a while back. I'm not sure what to do yet.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Changed my RW to Luneth BSB if people still need to do Mote Ahriman, the code is Qvdd. I will probably change it back to Paladin Force after the mote dungeons close because that seems to get more summons than SG.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

1st AD posted:

I would really like a healing BSSB, are there any upcoming banners I should look out for?

There's about to be a bunch, but if we're specifically talking about really good healer bursts, Aeris' comes back in like two weeks, followed by Y'shtola's on the XIV banner everyone's losing their minds about. Eiko's will almost certainly be on the global festival banners too, but we won't know that for sure until those banners get released, which will probably be at least a couple weeks from now. After that it actually slows down for a while until Rosa's drops with the Cid Polledina event; Yuna gets a second one during the Seymour event but it doesn't seem especially great outside of mage meta because the entry SB is another stacking faithga.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

KataraniSword posted:

I have 50 mythril and the Onion Knight banners are right there. I don't want anything on Banner 2, though - Zell has me set for monkpunch needs and Ingus sure exists - whereas Banner 1 I have multiple dupes on.

I already have Celes BSB so I don't really need OK BSB. I should really be saving this for Alphinaud or Orlandu or, heaven forbid, OSBfest.

I find myself almost maddeningly compelled to do one last hail mary anyway.

If you have decent III synergy already, wait for the festival. It'll be there, I'm pretty confident in that.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Yanno, I don't really have a horse in this race, in fact I wish my horse was lame and yours was Secretariat, but I kinda wanna bet you on that. :v:

I'm telling you guys, it'll have been off the market for almost a month when the festival starts, and people will have been using it as their RW and seeing it in multiplayer raids during that time so everyone knows how powerful it is. They don't want people not spending on one of their big quarterly events to just pull on the XIV banner, so they need to make the OSB festival banners competitive with it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Outside of Umaro, there are only a few (temporary) playable characters from the main games that they haven't added yet. Banon from VI, Kiros/Ward from VIII, Vossler/Reddas from XII, Lebreau/Gadot from XIII. And if you're including guest characters, Cid/Aria/Alus/Doga/Unei from III.

I definitely think we'll get the guest characters from VIII and XII eventually. Vossler's both a temporary party member and a fairly significant boss and both of those archetypes have made the jump to RK characters before, and Reddas is in the party for a pretty long chunk of the game just like Larsa. Banon and the other NORA members are [ii]super[/i] minor in the grand scheme of those games (well, Banon is decently important plot-wise but not really as a party member), but I guess after adding characters like Dorgann they're stretching pretty hard for people to add already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Orfeo posted:

What about FF4 Cid? :smith:

He's coming in the next IV event. That event has a good first banner too, with Paladin Cecil's OSB and very good BSBs for Golbez and Rosa.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I am saving as much mythril as possible for TG Cid at this point. Any ETA on that event?

I'm grinding up all my FFT nerds for it too. It might be my first Cid mission :stare:

TG Cid should hit global at the end of January.

• Locked thread